What you get:
- A Spotlight post in our Kindle blog. This is a post dedicated to only your book. (See example on the left.) The post is published at about 1pm Pacific time. On some days, we also have a post at about 4pm Pacific time.
This includes excerpts from favorable reviews, a large (300-pixel) clickable book cover, a synopsis describing your book, and an author bio.
At your option, we also feature your video trailer for your book, a scroll-box of Amazon customer reviews, an online sample of your book integrated right into the blog post, and clickable book cover images for up to four additional books by you.
All of these features are contained right in the blog post, so readers can view rich information about you and your book, all in one place.
- A Facebook post featuring your book, to KBoards Facebook fans.
- A tweet about the blog post in our KBoards Twitter followers.
- A link to the blog post in our daily e-mail newsletter.
- A "KBoards Featured Me" badge to include on your author website. (See example here.)
- Our family-friendly guidelines apply. No erotica - sorry!
- Minimum of three reviews on Amazon
- Minimum of 100 pages (unless it's a Kindle Short)
How to sign up:
Fill out the form below, with the ASIN for your book. We'll send a reply (to your PayPal e-mail address) with confirmation of dates, and requesting any additional optional information to include in the spotlight post.
Book your KBoards spotlight promotion!
11 tips to make the most of your Spotlight book promotion:
Before your scheduled Spotlight day:
- Answer our confirmation e-mail, indicating whether you want us to include the optional parts of the Spotlight post.
- Consider dropping your price during your Spotlight day, to $2.99 or less. If you are out to get new readers, $0.99 is ideal. We can indicate in the Spotlight post that the price has been temporarily lowered for this promotion only, and it will encourage readers to act now to buy your book. The lower your price is, the more likely you are to gain readers who see the Spotlight promotion and make an impulse buy of your book.
- If your book is part of a series, indicate that in your book blurb. Consider making the first book in the series a very low price point, and keep the other books at their usual prices. Your price reduction for the first book may then be offset by follow-on sales from readers who get hooked on your series.
- Gather as many positive Amazon reviews as you can. Work your network of readers, book bloggers, fellow authors, and friends to get authentic reviews.
- Ensure you have an attractive, professional-looking book cover. The cover will appear in large-size in the Spotlight post, and is an important part of drawing interest in your book.
- Refine your book blurb (Product Description in Amazon lingo). It should be a concise, compelling description of your book. It's the first taste that potential readers have of your writing, so be sure it's free of typos, grammatical errors, and formatting issues.
On your scheduled Spotlight day:
- Look for our Facebook post about your book, and "like" that post. This will broadcast your book's post to your Facebook friends and fans.
- Look for our tweet about your book, and re-tweet it to your Twitter followers.
- Post your own Facebook status with a link to the blog post.
- Tweet about your book's Spotlight feature on Twitter, with a link to the blog post.
- Add our "KBoards Featured Me" badges to your author website. HTML code for this is available here. Let us know if you need help with this. The badges can be posted to Blogger, Wordpress, or any other web page.
What if my book doesn't have 3 or more reviews on Amazon? We do require at least 3 Amazon reviews for our Spotlight Books. If you wish, you can get more exposure for your book through our Book Discovery promotion.
How will I know the date that my book will be featured? You'll receive a confirmation e-mail after you submit your book.
I didn't get my confirmation e-mail! Give us a few hours as sometimes it takes us up to a day to get through all orders. Also, note that our confirmation message goes to the e-mail address associated with your PayPal account, so be sure to check that one.
I did that and I still don't see my confirmation e-mail! Hmm, that is so weird. Go to this thread and ask us about it there - we'll track it down for ya!
Forum ads: In addition to our blog/Facebook/Twitter promotions shown on this page, we also have promotional opportunities in our Kindle forum. See this page for details: http://www.kboards.com/ads
Publishers: e-mail us for discount packages on orders of 10 days or more. Those orders can be spread across multiple books.
Site info: KBoards (http://www.kboards.com) is one of the web's largest independent Kindle sites. We are a community forum for Kindle owners, with 70,000 members and over 2.3 million posts. Book recommendations make up a major topic of conversations on the boards.
The site is rated by Alexa as #4,200 in the highest-traffic websites in the United States. Site traffic information is available at http://www.kboards.com/index.php?action=stats, and independently at http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/kboards.com#.
Our companion Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/kboards.com) has an enthusiastic following of over 50,000 readers and authors.
Our visitor demographics are as you might expect with a busy Kindle forum: most of our visitors are educated, employed, and have discretionary income for consumer electronics and for e-book content for their media devices. According to the web informatics site Alexa.com: "Compared with all internet users, the site's users tend to be aged 35-45 and over 65, and they tend to be people earning over $60,000 who have postgraduate educations and browse from home."
Still have questions? Feel free to e-mail us.
Thanks for supporting KBoards with your advertising business!
Note: We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to not feature books for any reason. This may include but is not limited to erotic books, books that are overtly religious or anti-religious, books with political or ideological overtones, and books that in our sole judgment may be deemed offensive. Your payment will be refunded if your book is not accepted for promotion.