Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: Wish List Items??  (Read 2968 times)  

Offline Shastastan

• View Profile
Wish List Items??
« on: January 24, 2012, 08:15:07 AM »
I didn't find this topic anywhere else.  Some are wishing for book categories--nice but not necessary for me.  Recognizing that a device the size of the Fire can only do so much, I would like an sd card slot with software to transfer from the fire to the card.  Of course this would necessitate another purchase.

The Fire just can't be an ipad though.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:50:10 AM by Shastastan »
The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know.

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: Wish List Items??
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 08:34:14 AM »
I have two separate wish lists...

One list for software updates that would make the existing Fire hardware even better.

And one for hardware changes that would require a new purchase.  Frankly, I'm not as much interested in those; if I'm going to buy something new, it would be a new iPad model.  I'm mostly happy with the Fire as it is.  Of course, that could be because I have an iPad.  ;D

On my software list would just be more customization options.  But Amazon doesn't have many of those on any of their devices.

Bluetooth would be my hardware choice.

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Shastastan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 08:55:29 AM »
I have two separate wish lists...

One list for software updates that would make the existing Fire hardware even better.

And one for hardware changes that would require a new purchase.  Frankly, I'm not as much interested in those; if I'm going to buy something new, it would be a new iPad model.  I'm mostly happy with the Fire as it is.  Of course, that could be because I have an iPad.  ;D

On my software list would just be more customization options.  But Amazon doesn't have many of those on any of their devices.
Bluetooth would be my hardware choice.
Betsy

I have seen a couple of ipads in action and they certainly have more capabilities and features than the Kindle Fire.  Sometimes I wish I had an ipad, but I really like the size of the Fire.  In a way, I can see why reviewers cannot resist their urge to compare the Fire to the ipad, but in reality, it's just not a fair comparison.  Now if you want to compare an ipad to a netbook.....
The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know.

Offline sparklemotion

• New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 09:28:41 PM »
More customization options, such as choosing what you want on the carousel and don't. Just being able to set it up as you want basically. I'd love book collections too. Initially I wanted the carousel gone, but I've grown used to it. I would just like to have more control over it.

The only hardware change I'd want is an SD card slot. I'm really happy with the fire overall.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:30:47 PM by sparklemotion »
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
~ Dr. Seuss

Offline ilmkidunya1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 11:15:05 PM »
hey can you tell me what firmware is used in Kindle Fire

Offline evepock

• View Profile
    • Browser Games
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 04:45:51 AM »
My wish is that kindle will be more though and with a little bit bigger screen