Kindle Forum banner

DX from K1

8K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  kevindorsey 
#1 ·
My initial impression was it was too heavy and return it, but decided to give it time and glad I did.
Best feature: DX makes reading so much more enjoyable and faster. Being able to scan the entire page and several paragraphs is a big plus. I like the % read feature.

Weight: I guess the best way to describe it is the DX is like holding a hardback book the sized of Harry Potter Novel for example. The K1 is like a small paperback. I always rested hardback books, paper back books, and my K1 on my lap. I do the same with DX. I rarely did or do one handed reading for very long, so no big deal.

Worst feature: The battery strength indicator can hardly be read. Don't know if it a flaw on mine or not. My K1 the entire battery gauge was dark filled and on the DX only a very tiny sliver along the bottom of the battery

Improvements: 1. Missing left side page buttons, battery access, split keyboard, and SD card (all in the K1).
I purchased the Amazon cover and DX wears it all the time, it looks and works great, very low profile. I also purchased the Trendy Digital plastic cover.

See less See more
#4 ·
Worst feature: The battery strength indicator can hardly be read. Don't know if it a flaw on mine or not. My K1 the entire battery gauge was dark filled and on the DX only a very tiny sliver along the bottom of the battery
Have you had the DX for long enough to see how it looks when the battery gauge starts to drain? It drains from right to left, and yes, the filled part of the gauge is shaded light to dark rather than a solid black color, but it's clearly distinctive from the "Empty" part of the gauge nonetheless.

#5 ·
Greg, Mine not so much, unless i really put a lot of light on it- like direct sun light.  Now the single strength bars just to right are very readable as is the text in any light.  So, it's not really a big deal, just find it odd, and if that's the worst of it I can cope  :).  I used to have Volkswagen van that the windsheld wipers stopped when I put the breaks on-- just adds a little charactor to an otherwise great machine.  I just plug it in every 3 days and don't worry to much about it.  DX overall is makes my reading much more enjoyable than print or K1.   

#9 ·
All you have to do is save those aluminum cans and save up to upgrade

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.