Kindle Forum banner

CNET Review of Kindle DX

17K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  angelad 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Hmmm....A reviewer should keep his/her opinion as to what they like to themselves......other than that, thought the review was a bit
short but covered the issues.

Brian

#5 ·
brianm said:
Hmmm....A reviewer should keep his/her opinion as to what they like to themselves......
Really? I always figured that was sort of the point of a review. . .to say whether you liked the product. Yes, features should be explained with some fairly objective analysis as to whether they work right or not, but the bottom line is, did you like it or not? Of course, just "I like it" or "I didn't like it." isn't helpful if you don't explain why -- the reason you like it might be exactly the reason I would not. And vice versa.

caveat: I haven't watched the video review yet because I'm not on a computer with sound. . .gotta get on my laptop in the other room. . .weird, I know! :D

#7 ·
I thought it was a fair review, pointing out advantages and disadvantages of the DX and the K2.

#23 ·
Thanks for the link.

I do believe it was a good review, even though I certainly do not agree with some of the conclusions.

In any case, I believe we should keep in mind Kindle dx is kind of an experimental device. It's Amazon's attempt to get into the newspaper/scientific publications market with an electronic device, as much as a newer version of the Kindle.

We'll see.

#24 ·
Amazon is trying to make kindle the new electronic wave of having a lot of reading material in the least amount of physical space, like books laying around the house.

I saw somewhere a few colleges are switching to kindles to easy the pain of textbooks on students

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.