KB Featured
The Sun God's Heir: Return (Book One)
by Elliott Baker

Kindle Edition published 2017-01-02
Bestseller ranking:

Product Description
For three thousand years a hatred burns. In seventeenth century Bordeaux two souls incarnate, one born the child of a prosperous merchant, the other, steals a life determined to continue a brutal incarnation begun long ago.

Under the guidance of Pharaoh, two brothers grew strong in knowledge and power, one a physician, the other a general. With the pharaoh’s untimely death, a deep hatred blossoms. One remembers, one does not.

The year is 1671. René Gilbert’s destiny glints from the blade of a slashing rapier. To protect those he loves he must regain the power and knowledge earned in an ancient lifetime. From Bordeaux to Spain to Morocco, René is tested and with each turn of fate he gathers enemies and allies as the memory and power of a lifetime as physician to Pharaoh returns.

Determined to continue a reign of terror that once caused the Nile to run red, Horemheb takes over the life of a young man mortally wo…

Author Topic: Moderation approach - please read  (Read 18754 times)  

Offline Bacardi Jim

• View Profile
Re: Moderation approach - please read
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2008, 02:22:24 PM »
Vampy? I have him on ignore.
Just makes easier for him to strike.
At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior. If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up.
After a few months' consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favor of a new one. If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.

Offline Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2008, 02:26:28 PM »
Vampy? I have him on ignore.
You don't have to do that, just hold a mirror up to his posts, you'll never see 'em.

Offline Angela

• Texas
  • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2008, 12:50:16 AM »
Many, many thanks to you Harvey and the mods!! You guys are doing an awesome job. It is nice to have a safe place to experience community and friendship. You guys are great!

Offline KCFoggin

• Myrtle Beach SC
  • Myrtle Beach Nature Lover - member #375
    • View Profile
    • BirdForum
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2008, 04:53:26 AM »
I believe the software used for this forum is made by the same company that makes it for the forum I moderate.

On that forum, when you place someone on your ignore list, you will see that the person on your ignore list has written a post but it will be a closed box.  In other words, you can see it on the thread that that person posted in but you would have to click on a clickable link at the top of that closed post to read it if you want to. 

On another point in Harvey's posts, I think quick moderation on troublesome posts is very necessary  Plain and simple.  There are people out there that love to go into a forum and just start trashing people and posts purely for the fun of it.  They are called trolls in the forum industry and instead of shutting a thread down because of troublesome posts, removing and/or editing posts of this nature still keeps the thread going.  Just my 2 cents worth ;)
Just call me KC

Experience is something you don't get until just after it is needed.
My other love:  www.BirdForum.net/forum.php

Offline Rasputina

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 10:27:56 PM »

5. We are also working on installing an 'ignore' feature, which members can use to ignore (i.e. never see) the posts from other members that they specify. That's not a great solution, but it may help some members cope while we're sorting through this.

What is the status on this? I know I asked last year sometime, but wondering if maybe I missed this being added?

Offline Rasputina

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 10:32:27 PM »
Found it WOOT

nevermind LOL

Offline Luvmy5brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Eastern Shore, MD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 10:37:40 PM »
Found it WOOT

nevermind LOL

we decided not to implement an ignore feature.

Offline Rasputina

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 10:47:05 PM »
There is one but sadly it's only for PMs. It's too bad there isn't a real one.

I just make use of own ignore feature in the meantime.