Kindle Forum banner

Kindle DX - unboxing pics (picture-heavy)

19K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Todd 
#1 ·
For the curious among you who haven't bought one (yet), here are some pix of the unboxing experience for a Kindle DX, and the Amazon leather cover:

First, the DX itself:

The leather cover:

The leather cover is held closed by embedded magnets, that attach to the Kindle itself. The embedded magnets are strong - - here they are holding up 4 "twonies" (Canadian $2 coins.)

At the smallest and largest font settings

Screen rotation options

Screen rotation in action (click for a quick spin):

Size difference: Kindle 2 vs Kindle DX

See less See more
1 30
#5 ·
DawnOfChaos said:
Great pictures, Harvey! I didn't realize that the screen on the DX is the same size as the entire K2.
Same here. I knew the screen was bigger; I didn't realise it was that big. Thanks for the pictures, Harvey!

#7 ·
Thanks Harvey. I have a Sony 500 that's a grampa. I've been debating with myself over the Dx for months. You just clinched the deal.  I'm on lunch and using my iPhone. As soon as I post  this I'm  goIng to amazon.com and ordering mine!!!! 

#8 ·
Nice pix's Harvey..............  I am sure they will be a big help to people trying to get a feel for the size difference between the K1/2 and the DX.

;D    Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.