Kindle Oasis

Author Topic: Disenchanted with the Kindle--a review  (Read 15225 times)  

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
Re: Disenchanted with the Kindle--a review
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2009, 05:41:39 PM »
Actually, I'd like to see the same screen size with a much smaller bezel/keyboard. Overall smaller device, same screen size.

i agree
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her." David Brinkle

Offline angelad

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 12:35:11 PM »
Those are fairly common observations about the kindle, but they are true. 

Offline kat89447

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2010, 12:22:24 AM »
A great review and well thought out. I am writing this reply almost a year later because many of the issues you brought up have indeed been improved upon. You can completley delete a book now, and with the newest update (2.5) they have included folders. Fonts have improved and they added a way to password protect the kindles. What I do love about Amazon is that they have listened to their readers.The amount of books added has been amazing. With the Kindle being available in Target stores, I would be interested in your review of the improved Kindles. I wish more reviewers wrote their reviews like you, with actual hands on experience.

Offline happyblob

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 10:33:02 AM »
That's a great follow up on the improvements!

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 08:30:12 AM »
A great review and well thought out. I am writing this reply almost a year later because many of the issues you brought up have indeed been improved upon. You can completley delete a book now, and with the newest update (2.5) they have included folders. Fonts have improved and they added a way to password protect the kindles. What I do love about Amazon is that they have listened to their readers.The amount of books added has been amazing. With the Kindle being available in Target stores, I would be interested in your review of the improved Kindles. I wish more reviewers wrote their reviews like you, with actual hands on experience.

good to hear, thanks
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her." David Brinkle

Offline dmazzei54

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 09:29:13 AM »
I feel that a couple of your gripes are very valid.  I also feel that you are too nitpicky.  Who the hell cares about the cover?  It's the content you read, not the cover.  I am a 120 wpm typist and I like the keyboard, though I am female and my hands are relatively small comparatively speaking, to a man's hands.  Even with all your complaints about the Kindle 2, I think it's better than hauling books around.  I really agree with you on the deletion/archiving issue.  There is some room for improvement.  All in all, I was pretty amazed at your many complaints and I think you might be the problem, not the Kindle.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac