Kindle Forum banner

My first K2

6K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  kevindorsey 
#1 ·
I bought my first Kindle in December 2007.  My second Kindle I bought in 2008 as a gift for my sister.  I received the K2 today which is for my youngest daughter Wendy who lives with me.  Right away there was problems.  The Kindle was registered but connecting to transfer books wasn't working.  Sometimes there were 3 bars sometimes 1 bar.  It would go from 4 to 2.  I was glad this wasn't my first Kindle.  Finally I called customer service. 

The guy was so nice and figured that the problem is changes that Sprint made.  The problem couldn't be fixed today.  The guy I spoke with took a bunch of information and said he will call on Friday.  I can transfer the books if I download them to the computer first.  I was only able to connect through Whispernet and transfer a couple of books to the Kindle. 

I have another K2 coming Friday that will be mailed to my daughter in Missouri who doesn't have a computer.  I want to set it up for her first and make sure it's working right before I send it to her.  Also I have a DX coming Friday.  All five Kindles are under my account.  I hope the two that come on Friday won't have the issues my K2 had today.  I liked that the dictionary comes up in larger print when expanded.  I can live with the 5 way instead of the scroll.  I just hope the batteries will have long lives.  I have over 760 books so I'm not worried about enough room and not having the SD card for the K2.  The K2s are for my daughters and they won't need access to 700 plus books.  Both my daughter's are happy about the built in dictionary.  So far the text is sharp and no fade. 

See less See more
#5 ·
Avalon3 said:
I bought my first Kindle in December 2007. My second Kindle I bought in 2008 as a gift for my sister. I received the K2 today which is for my youngest daughter Wendy who lives with me. Right away there was problems. The Kindle was registered but connecting to transfer books wasn't working. Sometimes there were 3 bars sometimes 1 bar. It would go from 4 to 2. I was glad this wasn't my first Kindle. Finally I called customer service.

The guy was so nice and figured that the problem is changes that Sprint made. The problem couldn't be fixed today. The guy I spoke with took a bunch of information and said he will call on Friday. I can transfer the books if I download them to the computer first. I was only able to connect through Whispernet and transfer a couple of books to the Kindle.

I have another K2 coming Friday that will be mailed to my daughter in Missouri who doesn't have a computer. I want to set it up for her first and make sure it's working right before I send it to her. Also I have a DX coming Friday. All five Kindles are under my account. I hope the two that come on Friday won't have the issues my K2 had today. I liked that the dictionary comes up in larger print when expanded. I can live with the 5 way instead of the scroll. I just hope the batteries will have long lives. I have over 760 books so I'm not worried about enough room and not having the SD card for the K2. The K2s are for my daughters and they won't need access to 700 plus books. Both my daughter's are happy about the built in dictionary. So far the text is sharp and no fade.
Avalon, let us know how this works out!!

Betsy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.