Author Topic: Candy's Raves' Kindle Paperwhite Cover Review  (Read 2991 times)  

Offline CandyTX

• Austin, TX
  • Shhh... I'm reading
    • View Profile
    • Candy's Raves & Reviews
Candy's Raves' Kindle Paperwhite Cover Review
« on: October 07, 2012, 11:17:12 AM »
You can read my review on Amazon HERE or on my blog, of course, but sharing here as well...

I've owned most of the Amazon-offered Kindle covers, before this one, my main Kindle/Cover was the Touch. I liked it, it worked, etc. But it's just a cover. Usually, slightly overly expensive. I debated on ordering the Paperwhite cover, but I put in a pre-order and figured I'd check it out. I barely even read the description, honestly. I ordered the "Persimmon" color because it had the shorted lead time. Yeah, I know... a definite "whatever" order, right?

My Paperwhite had Special Offers turned on. I had read a little about the cover and Paperwhite previous to receiving mine. I popped the kindle into the cover, opened the cover... and it didn't come on automatically like I expected. I was presented with a screen that I needed to swipe. That's annoying. I paid the extra to have the special offers turned off and it works like I expected now. Really awesome, actually. You open it and it brings you to right where you were. No button-pushing or screen-swiping required.

The outside is textured so I feel like I have a better grip on it than my Touch and it feels sturdy. I like the color pretty well, I was worried it would be a bright orange, but it's a nice color - and it won't get lost in the sea of black covered tech items I have laying around this house!

The auto-on when you open it makes it well worth the price, in my opinion. I'm extremely happy with this purchase!

Recommended for Paperwhite owners, of course!

Offline John F

• Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
Re: Candy's Raves' Kindle Paperwhite Cover Review
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 03:52:57 AM »
I like that cover very much. Got it just to protect the Paperwhite's screen, and was surprised when opening the cover turned the Kindle on. Sure beats fumbling with the tiny pushbutton on the bottom edge. The special offers screen doesn't bother me, I'm too cheap to pay for getting it removed when a quick swipe gets it done.
John