Author Topic: Real world battery life  (Read 2385 times)  

Offline jehma

• View Profile
Real world battery life
« on: October 08, 2012, 10:12:17 AM »
What kind of battery life is everyone getting?

It's been 5 days since my full charge and it's at maybe 40%. I read for ~2 hours/day and have the light around 10-14. Mine is a 3G model and I've had wireless on the whole time, but it hasn't left my house so it should have stayed on wifi (except for when my router acts up).

Offline w5jck

• Arlington, TX
  • Amateur radio, W5JCK
    • View Profile
Re: Real world battery life
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 02:03:37 PM »
I'm getting close to the same battery usage as you. I went from a full charge to about 30% in around 12 hours. I had WiFi on the entire time and the light level about 12 to 14 on average. There was no book indexing during this period.
Jack

Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire

Online GBear

• New Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 02:17:22 PM »
Sounds about right. Didn't they say 8 weeks without WiFi, or 5 weeks with, while reading 30 minutes per day? So that's 28 hours of reading without WiFi,  or 17.5 with. After 12 hours with WiFi on, you should have 5.5/17.5 left, or 31%.

Offline Julius Caesar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 12:38:36 PM »
Mine lasted for 13 hours and 32 minutes. LED at level 24 (full blast), Wireless OFF (Airplane Mode).
The time was counted from full charge to the time I got a warning that the battery was running low which was about 10%. So, it should last a bit longer if I push it to last until the battery is completely dry.