Author Topic: Book promos: Bargains | Discovery | Spotlight | Series | Box Set | Audiobook  (Read 442658 times)  

Offline ukdame

• Sydney
    • View Profile
Now that we have reached 10,000 followers of our Facebook page (http://facebook.com/kindleboards) - in only 70 days! - we'd like to open up some promo opps for our authors. This will be a limited time thing; once we reach 50,000 followers we may discontinue this offering.

But for now, we're making available the following promo's for your book:

- Free Book promo - no charge - this is already in place. More info here: http://kboards.com/free-book-promo

Hi Harvey - I've tried to register my book on the Free Book promo at the link above but it repeatedly tells my ASIN number is incorrect  B004J4W024.  Could you tell me what the problem is please. The number is correct.  I wanted to register for 23 & 24 November.
Thanks
Marie
Olga A Daughters Tale

Based on a true story.a family saga from Jamaica to England amidst World War II about heritage, prejudice and revenge. The story of an innocent and how world events, personal tragedy and malicious intent all combined to separate her from her beloved family in Jamaica.

Olga's Daughter's Blog
Amazon $2.99
Lulu $13.49 - Paperback version

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
  • Love all, moderate all.
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
Hi Harvey - I've tried to register my book on the Free Book promo at the link above but it repeatedly tells my ASIN number is incorrect  B004J4W024.  Could you tell me what the problem is please. The number is correct.  I wanted to register for 23 & 24 November.
Thanks
Marie

I just tried it with your ASIN and it works for me - - just make sure there are no blank spaces before or after the ASIN when you copy it in. Let me know if that helps!

-Harvey
Flint and Flame: 15%

Authors: set up your own work-in-progress bar with our Author Sig tool.

Offline ukdame

• Sydney
    • View Profile
I just tried it with your ASIN and it works for me - - just make sure there are no blank spaces before or after the ASIN when you copy it in. Let me know if that helps!

-Harvey

Hi Harvey - It worked.
Thank you
Marie
Olga A Daughters Tale

Based on a true story.a family saga from Jamaica to England amidst World War II about heritage, prejudice and revenge. The story of an innocent and how world events, personal tragedy and malicious intent all combined to separate her from her beloved family in Jamaica.

Olga's Daughter's Blog
Amazon $2.99
Lulu $13.49 - Paperback version

Offline kchighley

• Dallas, TX
    • View Profile
    • Monsters and Mayhem Blog
Hi Harvey!

How far out can we book a spotlight promo? The second book in my series is coming out in early January, and the first is currently $0.99 with strong reviews, but I'd like to wait to spotlight it until right before (or when) the second book comes out.  I have a free short story that ties in between them as well. If I can schedule it for right after the holidays (once everyone has opened their Kindles from Santa, LOL), this would be perfect!

Thanks,
Kendra Highley

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
Hi Harvey!

How far out can we book a spotlight promo? The second book in my series is coming out in early January, and the first is currently $0.99 with strong reviews, but I'd like to wait to spotlight it until right before (or when) the second book comes out.  I have a free short story that ties in between them as well. If I can schedule it for right after the holidays (once everyone has opened their Kindles from Santa, LOL), this would be perfect!

Thanks,
Kendra Highley

Hi, Kendra,

You can schedule them as far ahead of time as you wish! When you get to the order form, there'll be a field for "Instructions". Just put in there which dates you prefer. Right now we have a few days booked for December, but January is open for the most part.

Thanks!

-Harvey

Offline kchighley

• Dallas, TX
    • View Profile
    • Monsters and Mayhem Blog
Hi, Kendra,

You can schedule them as far ahead of time as you wish! When you get to the order form, there'll be a field for "Instructions". Just put in there which dates you prefer. Right now we have a few days booked for December, but January is open for the most part.

Thanks!

-Harvey

Interesting --the order form only asked for my ASIN....so I don't know where/how to post the instructions. I'm guessing someone will be in touch? Payment went through okay...

Offline MaryMcDonald

• View Profile
    • M.P. McDonald
Just wanted to post a thank you to the KB blog/FB page for their free promo of my free book yesterday. I had filled out a ton of forms for other sites, but KB was the ONLY one that did a free promo of my book. I can't imagine how poor of a free day I would have had without it.

The Mark Taylor Series-Intense thrillers | CJ Sheridan Thrillers
M.P. McDonald | M.P. McDonald | Facebook | Amazon Author Page

Offline Lizzie G

• View Profile
    • Elizabeth Garrison
Booked it. Check that off the to-do list.

Elizabeth Garrison

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
Interesting --the order form only asked for my ASIN....so I don't know where/how to post the instructions. I'm guessing someone will be in touch? Payment went through okay...

Once you click the "Pay" button, you'll see a page with an 'Instructions' field.

No problem, though, we've already sent the email. Thanks!

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
Just wanted to post a thank you to the KB blog/FB page for their free promo of my free book yesterday. I had filled out a ton of forms for other sites, but KB was the ONLY one that did a free promo of my book. I can't imagine how poor of a free day I would have had without it.

You're welcome, Mary - and thank you for thinking of us!

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
Booked it. Check that off the to-do list.

Thank you, "Mommy"!

Offline C. M. Barrett

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
    • A Dragon's Guide to Destiny: Books for Dragon and Cat Lovers
Dear Harvey,

I just signed up, before seeing that you have no openings until December. I had chosen a November date. Can you let me know what's available (or not available) in December and January? Hope this isn't too confusing. I signed up for the $20 promotion.

The payment for this will read "EFT Consultations." My writing name is C. M. Barrett.
Big Dragons Don't Cry (Book I: A Dragon's Guide to Destiny)
 A dragon and a kitten could save the humans--
but first they have to learn to like them.

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
Dear Harvey,

I just signed up, before seeing that you have no openings until December. I had chosen a November date. Can you let me know what's available (or not available) in December and January? Hope this isn't too confusing. I signed up for the $20 promotion.

The payment for this will read "EFT Consultations." My writing name is C. M. Barrett.

Thanks! Yes, I'll reply to your email with currently available dates.

Offline tallulahgrace

• View Profile
    • Tallulah Grace
Hi Harvey~

Just booked a Spotlight ad for The Littles. Thanks for the opportunity!

Tallulah

Tallulah Grace | author website | blog | facebook | twitter

Offline Ardin

• Elora, Ontario, Canada
  • Need ebook help? Try type-writer.net
    • View Profile
    • Ardin Lalui
I'll definitely be signing up for this on my next free promo day. I don't have the three reviews yet! First day. There is no otherwise. Thanks for the great resource.

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
Hi Harvey~

Just booked a Spotlight ad for The Littles. Thanks for the opportunity!

Tallulah

Thank you! You are scheduled!  :)

Offline MauraPatrick

• View Profile
Hi Harvey!  I sent in my form to go free over Xmas....I know that's a popular time, but you didn't say that xmas was filled up or closed, so I'm hoping I'll be an early bird and that will get my book in line for being featured as a freebie on one of those days, (pretty please!).

Right now, I just make the requirements, (3 reviews, 4.7) and I'm hoping that none of my reviews get captured by the Amazon Review Remover Gremlin that is hitting so many of us.  In general, I look forward to gaining reviews, but now I have to worry about losing them, and even though my reviews are all legit and from strangers, authors are losing legit reviews, and being on the brink of your requirements makes me a little nervous. 

Anyway, the blog looks fantastic, thanks!

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
Hi Harvey!  I sent in my form to go free over Xmas....I know that's a popular time, but you didn't say that xmas was filled up or closed, so I'm hoping I'll be an early bird and that will get my book in line for being featured as a freebie on one of those days, (pretty please!).

Right now, I just make the requirements, (3 reviews, 4.7) and I'm hoping that none of my reviews get captured by the Amazon Review Remover Gremlin that is hitting so many of us.  In general, I look forward to gaining reviews, but now I have to worry about losing them, and even though my reviews are all legit and from strangers, authors are losing legit reviews, and being on the brink of your requirements makes me a little nervous. 

Anyway, the blog looks fantastic, thanks!

Hi, yes, shouldn't be a problem - but you're right that it's smart to book early, especially for the popular days around Christmas time. You'll get a confirmation email shortly.

Offline Arlene Webb

• New York State, USA
    • View Profile
    • Arlene Webb
Another author chiming in to say thank you! I really appreciate the promo for my free days, today and tomorrow, for Splintered Energy. You guys are wonderful.

Offline dennishky

• View Profile
    • Blizzardball
Are the promotional opportunities for Indie's only or can authors with small press publishers participate?
Dennishky

Offline SJ

• Great Britain
  • Life is not a dress rehearsal
    • View Profile
    • SJ Hailey Facebook
This is great. The reviews I have are only on the UK version of amazon is that ok?

Click here and select your country
Technothriller, Men's Adventure Bestseller
goodreads /facebook

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
Are the promotional opportunities for Indie's only or can authors with small press publishers participate?
Dennishky

Small press publishers are welcome, too. Thanks for asking!

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
This is great. The reviews I have are only on the UK version of amazon is that ok?

Yes, just note that in the Instructions field when you book - so that we can pull those reviews from the co.uk site. Thanks!

Offline H.G. Suren

• Yerevan
  • H.G. Suren
    • View Profile
    • Official Website
Hi there.
This is my new book "Under the Black Clouds".

It costs 99 cents. And I need some help, I need reviews, who can help me?

Offline John Dwyer

• Ireland
  • John Dwyer
    • View Profile
    • John Dwyer Books
Thanks Harvey, just paid for a spotlight day for High Road To Tibet - Travels in China, Tibet, Nepal and India in December. I assume I'll send you all the details about reviews, etc. when I get the confirmation email?
Thanks,
John

Praise for High Road to Tibet:
John Dwyer might be just the ticket to fill [Michael] Palin's well worn shoes. - HungryFeet.com
You [John Dwyer] really do give an authentic feeling of the contrasting atmospheres as you move from place to place." - Dervla Murphy, international best-selling travel author

Praise for Klondike House:
"The author has a wonderful ability to engage the reader and draw them into the past alongside him" - John Dolan, Evening Echo