Kindle Forum banner

Book promos: Bargains | Discovery | Spotlight | Series | Box Set | Audiobook

554K views 629 replies 285 participants last post by  Esther.francis 
#1 ·
We'd like to open up some promo opps for our authors through our blog and our Facebook page, which now has 60,000 fans.

We're making available the following promos for your book:

- Bargain Book promo - $20 - this gets your book (if priced at $4.99 or less) included in our popular Free and Bargain Books posts on Facebook. More info here: http://kboards.com/bargain-book-promo

- Book Discovery - $15 - if your book has few reviews, or has an Amazon ranking greater than 10,000, you can have it added to our weekly Book Discovery post. More info here: http://kboards.com/book-discovery-promo

- Spotlight Book promo - $50 - this gives you a post dedicated to only your book, and includes optional info like a customer review window, online sample, author bio, and clickable book covers for up to four additional books. More info: http://kboards.com/blog-ads

- Book Series promo - $50 - similar to the spotlight post, but showcases an entire series of books. Puts emphasis on readers signing up for author e-mail newsletters, and visiting author website. More info: http://kboards.com/book-series-promo

- Box Set promo - $50 - similar to the spotlight post, but showcases a box set. Puts emphasis on extra-large boxset image, a tagline to describe the theme of the box set, list of authors, and value proposition for readers. More info: http://kboards.com/box-set-promo

- Audiobook - $19 - similar to the spotlight post, but showcases an audiobook. Includes an interactive player set to play a sample of your audiobook. More info: http://kboards.com/audiobook-promo

These links, as well as our forum banner ad and Featured Book promos, are also available at the bottom of any KBoards forum page.

If you do sign up, kindly post in here so we have a double-check on your order. Thanks! And thank you for supporting KBoards by using our free as well as our paid promotional features.

-Harvey

P.S. While no one's results are guaranteed, here are some testimonials:

FROM READERS

"Thank you so much. Through your wonderful books I am able to read books that I would have never chosen before, and I love them!!! You have expanded my world."

"I just want to thank whoever finds the deals on kindle and shares them with us here! It saves me a ton of time searching through reviews when i just want to pick up something new to read quickly. You obviously enjoy what you do and I thank you for it!"

FROM AUTHORS

"Thank you very much for featuring [my novel]. The response has been amazing!"

"Thank you so very much! What a great write-up!! We are now #9 in Mystery/Thriller/Suspense and #2 in Mystery/Mystery/series. You are the BEST!!!"

"One day with your promotion. 700 downloads. Shared your link on facebook and email. #3 in Men's Adventure on .co.uk & .com; #15 Action & Adventure on .com; #17 Action & Adventure on .co.uk. Even with the massive amount of book releases and other free work out there. Thanks for the support, much appreciated."

"It was a good day. The book jumped from 8,800 to 4,800 in Amazon's rankings. Looking forward to the next promo on the 19th!"

"Thanks again for the free listing! We hit #5 this past Saturday on the Romantic Suspense List!"

"I don't know where to thank you for the fabulous blogpost feature for my free book promotion today. None of the big blogs picked me up so all those yummy downloads (I've almost cracked the top 100--107 as of typing) must be down to you!!! Thank you so so much!!"

"Thank you very much for helping me spread the word about my recent promotion for my novel! It was a great success. Over 3,200 readers downloaded my novel, which topped two genre categories in the US and the UK. UK: #1 in Contemporary Fantasy, #2 in Science Fiction, 377 Free in Kindle Store! US: #2 in Science Fiction, #95 Free in Kindle Store! These milestones could not have been achieved without your help. I deeply appreciate it!"

"I just wanted thank you for supporting my free run this last week. I had a great run (23K, which exceeded expectations for me) and I attribute a lot of it to the boost you gave me in the blog and on Facebook. Thanks for all your support of us hard-scrabblin' indies!"

"Thanks for having me on Kindleboards for my FREE day. Today (Oct 10) is the last day free and more than 13,000 people have downloaded."

"Thank you Kindle Boards! Ravenscraig is listed at #1 in free historical fiction on Amazon's Kindle store AND is now in the top 100 overall, currently at #63. Thank you for helping authors change the literary landscape."

"KindleBoards, thanks for your support. [My novel] is now #1 in Amazon US & UK #mystery series."

"So awesome - thank you very much. I've been giddy all day. I truly don't believe [my novel] would have become the book it is if not for the people I've met here on KindleBoards. Thanx again and also thank you for making KindleBoards available."

"Have had over 400 downloads since your email went out. I'm really pleased with that - thanks again!"

"We've gotten over 250 downloads so far. It feels good so we are happy - certainly more then we were expecting. Thanks for your help and for the great resource you provide!"

"Thanks for highlighting the book promo on the blog and elsewhere. It was very well done, and the promo is going well (well over 200 given away so far and the book has moved into the top 20 free epic fantasies). I appreciate all you've done for me and others as we try to get our books noticed!"

FROM APP DEVELOPERS

"Looks like it's an effective ad campaign and I can't thank you enough. I'll definitely try to arrange ads in your FB page again."

See less See more
#12 ·
T.S. Welti said:
Will you keep us updated as to how far out you're booked up on paid promos?

I'm sure some of us are on the fence whether we want to do $.99 promos because the royalties are so low, but it would be nice to know if our window of opportunity is closing. ;)
Yes, I'll post in here as we fill up the successive months.

99-cents is good for the impulse buyer... but I know what you mean about the lower royalties. (The "Spotlight Books" can be any price, though.)

#14 ·
Brian Spangler said:
Went for the Spotlight Book Promo ;D
Me too! Thanks, Harvey -- sounds neat.

#17 ·
I swore I wasn't buying more advertising, but I fell off the wagon.

#21 ·
Hey, Harvey,

I see that erotica isn't really welcome 'round those parts, but what about horror? The violence and gore is significant enough for me to put a warning label on my books, but it's far from the most graphic that I've ever read. Basically, the "results" of a child that had been killed are present where someone in the book goes, so I warn people just in case it might be unsettling even after the fact.

Maybe: Family books only -- no books with depictions of graphic sex or violence? (or do you guys not really care about the violence?)

#22 ·
I was seriously considering either the .99 promotion or the Spotlight promotion. Unfortunately, the book I wanted to promote is only 80 pages and has no reviews. I have the worst time getting reviews of any kind on Amazon. I get likes, but rarely reviews.

If there were ever an exception to the rule, I'd love to get Trapped in front of some readers.

#23 ·
BrianKittrell said:
Hey, Harvey,

I see that erotica isn't really welcome 'round those parts, but what about horror? The violence and gore is significant enough for me to put a warning label on my books, but it's far from the most graphic that I've ever read. Basically, the "results" of a child that had been killed are present where someone in the book goes, so I warn people just in case it might be unsettling even after the fact.

Maybe: Family books only -- no books with depictions of graphic sex or violence? (or do you guys not really care about the violence?)
Horror is okay. Thanks for asking!

#24 ·
jimkukral said:
So 10k facebook followers, but how many blog readers and email subscribers?
Facebook is the key to driving traffic to the blog. For each Free and Bargain Book post we make, we get 200 to 300 "Likes", and about 1,000 clicks through to the blog.

Facebook followers: 10,223 as of this hour.
Blog readers: 57,274 visits in the last 30 days
Email subscribers: 363

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.