KB Featured
Grey Daze: A Lance Underphal Mystery
by Michael Allan Scott

Kindle Edition published 2015-03-29
Bestseller ranking: 167157

Product Description
An IAN Book of the Year Finalist and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the third book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Based on real events, this is one of those dark, disturbing novels that keeps you turning pages.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

It's a mystery- Something is wrong. As Lance Underphal pads softly across the cold flagstone, he hears her weeping. She is on her knees, hunched over in the middle of the room, her back to him, facing the dark fireplace. Something is very wrong. Lance wants to rush to her, but can't. In a hoarse whisper, he says, "Callie?" She lets out a mournful wail from deep within as she turns, their infant son in her arms, blue and still. He reels from the blow. How can this be? They don't have a son.

Author Topic: Do book clubs consider the works of unknown authors?  (Read 6259 times)  

Offline Harden Taylor

• View Profile
Do book clubs consider the works of unknown authors?
« on: August 31, 2009, 08:23:38 AM »
Might the aroma of roasting meat in the oven cut from an unknown beast intrigue the cook?  Would it enliven the dinner conversation?

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: Do book clubs consider the works of unknown authors?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 08:28:34 AM »
Harden

welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your first post! (Although I did have to read it twice to understand it. ;D)  Be sure to go over to the Introductions board and tell us a little about yourself!

Our Book Klubs here have been mostly (but not entirely) based on less well known or unknown authors. We have Reading With The Author klubs where you can read a book and discuss it with its author.  Be sure to check out the Book Bazaar for threads posted by KindleBoards member authors.  If you like independent authors, KindleBoards is the best place on the web!

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 10:52:40 AM »
And Harden, if you are an author yourself, you are welcome to start a thread for your book in the Book
Bazaar.  Check out Forum Decorum for the guidelines for Authors and self promotion:  http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Elmore Hammes

• Anderson, Indiana
  • The Twenty Dollar Bill by Elmore Hammes
    • View Profile
    • The Official Web Site of Elmore Hammes
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 11:06:42 AM »
On-line book clubs certainly do, and if you can connect with a local book club in your own community (your area library might be able to help with that), then it is very likely that they would enjoy reading a book by a local author - especially if you can meet with them and talk about your book, or even have an author signing with them.

Offline meodingu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:21:24 PM »
problems of food? You can search on goog ... wish you good luck: D.

Offline MaddieC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 04:28:20 PM »
Is there a certain place (in this forum) where I can post we (Front Porch Romance, publisher) is looking for readers? We are starting a book club of our books. Thanks

Offline Geoffrey

• Dallas, Texas
  • Live! Live! Live! Life is a Banquet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 10:41:48 AM »
That would still qualify as promotional so you can post in the Book Bazaar if you like.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac