Author Launch - turn-key sites for authors

Author Topic: Andrew Ashling: Castling (Epic Fantasy - Gay Romance)  (Read 21582 times)  

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
  • Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
Re: Andrew Ashling: Castling (Epic Fantasy - Gay Romance)
« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2017, 08:48:06 AM »
"This book is a great addition to my favorite gay fantasy series. It further develops many of the plot lines that were just beginning in Gambit and has me on the edge of my seat for the last book Mate. It can't come out soon enough. If your looking to buy this book then you've probably read the first four books in the series and don't need me to tell you how awesome it is. If you have not then go check out the first book Bonds of Hate."

This review on Amazon.

Bonds of Hate, the first book in the Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse series is now free on Kindle, Apple iPad, Nook and Kobo

If you want to receive an email when I publish a new book, please subscribe to my New Releases Newsletter. I only send an email when I have a new release, an exclusive excerpt of work in progress, or a free, downloadable short story available.

FREE: Bonds of Hate (First book of Dark Tales) | Amazon: kindle-format | Kobo: epub | ARe: epub & mobi | B&N: epub | iTunes: iBook

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
Re: Andrew Ashling: Castling (Historical Fantasy - Gay Romance)
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2017, 09:43:29 AM »
"The first chapter starts off in Tyleme, the capital of Lorsanthia, with betrayal, murder, an additional plot or two and an evil manipulator. Finally, a bad guy. I'm ready for someone I can hate. Lorcko and Timi arrive, start spying, and discover an awful secret weapon that could destroy any ship or fleet. But can they do anything about it. Even sending news of it to Anaxantis may be too late. I'm worried one of these two, or both of them, are going to be killed off."

More of this review on Goodreads.

Bonds of Hate, the first book in the Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse series is now free on Kindle, Apple iPad, Nook and Kobo

If you want to receive an email when I publish a new book, please subscribe to my New Releases Newsletter. I only send an email when I have a new release, an exclusive excerpt of work in progress, or a free, downloadable short story available.

FREE: Bonds of Hate (First book of Dark Tales) | Amazon: kindle-format | Kobo: epub | ARe: epub & mobi | B&N: epub | iTunes: iBook

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2017, 10:20:10 AM »
"I can't get enough of this series. The storyline is definitely grandiose centering on machinations, duplicity, and romance. Not much focus on Anaxantis and Ehandar's romance here but I really liked the story development on Lexyntas and Thenoclon as well as Antybion and Yorn."

This review on Goodreads.

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2017, 08:40:19 AM »
"Ashling's books are always like reading 5 or more books at the same time -- and liking it! After the first book you look forward to it. Like the serials that used to be done for between old time movies. Each sequence of each plot leaves you wanting to hurry a long to see the next part of that one. But then comes the next plot... and you are caught up in it, too."

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2017, 09:05:53 AM »
"This is a history of Ashling's "world" during a certain time with the focus on countries along with people and their motivations and perspectives. Personalities, cultures, languages, psychologies, and religions overlap one another. Multi-books in one. You can even just follow one plot and you'll still have a good story."

More of this review on Amazon.

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2017, 10:24:01 AM »
"Kudos to the author for creating such a unique and twisting storyline with the fate totally unknown even up to this books ending. The characters just keep evolving and making you wanting to know more about them and wishing the storyline just kept going and going. I can't wait to read the next book of this series Mate. I also enjoy how long each book is in contrast to the short stories that are multiplying and are quickly available. It is nice to read something that takes you deep into the characters and continues forward with an adventure and not just a quick fix story. I am totally invested in this series to find out what happens next. "

This review on Amazon.

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »
"Another great read. The further development of multiple storylines is interesting and I feel overall adds to the storyline. Often when this is done there will be one or two storylines you want to skim over to get to the ones you like. Here that is not the case with me, I enjoy them all.
The equally further development of relationships is masterfully done."

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2017, 09:09:52 AM »
"This is a history of Ashling's "world" during a certain time with the focus on countries along with people and their motivations and perspectives. Personalities, cultures, languages, psychologies, and religions overlap one another. Multi-books in one. You can even just follow one plot and you'll still have a good story."

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2017, 08:24:45 AM »
"I really like this book. It starts right off with the unexpected. In Tyleme, capital of Lorsanthia, a brother betrays "His Divinity, Vartoligor XIII, King of Kings." That changes the whole scope of warfare with a new secret weapon to destroy ships and his multi-attack plans. Lorsanthia is at war with Ximerion, but Anaxantis's lands will be threatened whichever side wins. Anaxantis, as usual, isn't sharing much of anything with anybody. That's sure to cause trouble later.

Ehandar, Anaxantis's lover, is defending the southern boarder, while several of his Squires secretly plan to put him in Anaxantis's place as ruler. Arranulf and Hermarchidas are off seeking Rhonoma's intentions about entering a war with Lorsanthia. Timi and Lorcko scout the secrets of Lorsanthian strength in Tyleme itself. I hope they don't get killed later."

Read this review on Amazon.

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2017, 10:30:52 AM »
"As I read this book, I was struck by the depth, breadth, width, ...dimensions of Ashling's created world. All these things taking place in different countries at the same time and the ways the different countries and their people see them. The way the religion and the "way it's always been done" shape actions and perspective."

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #185 on: August 15, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »
Great Read

"Fantastic book, I hope there will be more in the series after the last one as there are some many charters and places that I want to explore in detail."

Read this review (this is it) on Amazon.

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2017, 10:24:21 AM »
"A great middle to a great series

As always, Andrew's books hit right on with enough zest of adventure, sexuality, romance and intrigue.

These trilogies invite continued story lines, while introducing new characters.

If you like medieval stories with homoerotic overtones, then these books will be very enjoyable for you. However, it is recomended that you begin reading these books from the first series first for continuity reasons."

Read this review on Amazon.

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #187 on: August 29, 2017, 10:28:21 AM »
"The plots and subplots are intricate, the political intrigue is fascinating, characters seem to come alive and stare at you through the page, their fates intertwine and what at first may seem as different plot lines in different places which are unrelated to one another, ends up combining and forming part of one great story. It is hard to encounter a good fantasy saga in which m-m romance, sex, death and many uncomfortable issues such as rape, incest etc. are treated in such a bold and masterful manner; there is no excess, but there is also no scarcity of them, and Mr.Ashling throws them in at the exactly right moment each and every single time."

You can also read this (first) review on Goodreads.

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #188 on: September 05, 2017, 11:56:02 AM »
"As with the others in the Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse series, this book was excellent. When I first started reading these books I wondered how the author kept track of all of the characters, but now that I see each of them very clearly (and have since book one) I get it. They are developed so well that one can't help but see and remember each of them."

Bonds of Hate, the first book in the Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse series is now free on Kindle, Apple iPad, Nook, Tolino: Thalia.de and Kobo

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2017, 10:05:16 AM »
New characters, new weapon, new fears,

The dialogue and the pace changes within chapters have you laughing in one part and worried in the next. Ashling has a good "ear" for voices and it's particularly seen where the mother and son appear. The tenderness, the homey assumptions, and the gentle teasing bring the scene to life. ☺

The Pages part made me laugh out loud, yet I was moved by the compassion and sensitivity used other times with difficult sexual situations.

Bonds of Hate, the first book in the Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse series is now free on Kindle, Apple iPad, Nook, Tolino: Thalia.de and Kobo

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2017, 10:33:34 AM »
"This book is a great addition to my favorite gay fantasy series. It further develops many of the plot lines that were just beginning in Gambit and has me on the edge of my seat for the last book Mate. It can't come out soon enough. If your looking to buy this book then you've probably read the first four books in the series and don't need me to tell you how awesome it is. If you have not then go check out the first book Bonds of Hate. "

This review on Amazon.

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #191 on: September 26, 2017, 11:24:29 AM »
"Really I did like the book and Andrew is growing as writer.
In my personal taste I preferred the first trilogy, so I miss a lot Timishi and the first court pages and the clansmen and Anaxantis himself in the very first manner...
Indeed I did appreciate the new couples: Antybion - Yorn and Lexyntas - Thenoclon.
Waiting for the third book."

Read this review on Amazon Italy.

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2017, 11:40:46 AM »
"Another great read. The further development of multiple storylines s interesting and I feel overall adds to the storyline. Often when this is done there will be one or two storylines you want to skim over to get to the ones you like. Here that is not the case with me, I enjoy them all.
The equally further development of relationships is masterfully done.."

Read this review on Goodreads.

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2017, 10:54:21 AM »
"Fantastic, although that hardly surprising! Cant get enough of this series and i waiting with bated breath for the next one :)"

You can also read this (first) review on Goodreads.

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2017, 10:00:29 AM »
"As I read this book, I was struck by the depth, breadth, width, ...dimensions of Ashling's created world. All these things taking place in different countries at the same time and the ways the different countries and their people see them. The way the religion and the "way it's always been done" shape actions and perspective."

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #195 on: October 24, 2017, 10:36:03 AM »

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #196 on: October 31, 2017, 10:48:18 AM »

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2017, 09:57:37 AM »
"There is little to not like about this book and series. My one complaint might be how the number of characters and subplots continue to grow. It also would be nice if each book came to closure on a subplot rather than take 3 books to do so. But all in in all, they are money well spent."

This review on Amazon.

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2017, 10:52:04 AM »

Offline Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2017, 10:56:09 AM »
"This book is a great addition to my favorite gay fantasy series. It further develops many of the plot lines that were just beginning in Gambit and has me on the edge of my seat for the last book Mate. It can't come out soon enough. If your looking to buy this book then you've probably read the first four books in the series and don't need me to tell you how awesome it is. If you have not then go check out the first book Bonds of Hate."

This review on Amazon.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac