Author Topic: Book Discovery Day!  (Read 115131 times)  

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
  • Love all, moderate all.
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
Re: Book Discovery Day!
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
Euthanasia, by Mack MullunceyShe lies on the cold, metal table--clad in a loose, white paper dress--waiting, waiting, waiting, as her lover claims his next victim.  When Alex left the clinic that day, she thought she could move on from the rape that left her pregnant and the agonizing decision to have an abortion. That is, until the child she thought she left behind contacts her. Terrorized by mysterious phone calls and guilt, Alex feels her sanity slipping away as she becomes convinced that she must find the man who brutalized her to make a family for her dead daughter.  Anti-abortion crusader Tobin Bartell wouldn't have it any other way. As The Leader of The Movement, when he's not organizing protests or giving speeches, he's orchest...
The Drake Equation, by Heather WalshShes a Democrat, hes a Republican. She spends her days fighting global warming at an environmental non-profit, he makes his living doing PR for Bell Motors and their fleet of SUVs. But as soon as they meet, Emily Crossley and Robert Drake realize they have encountered their intellectual match. Youre never challenged, he tells her. Youve surrounded yourself in a cocoon of people who think exactly the same way you do. She hurls the same accusation back at him, and the fiery debates begin.

Despite both of their attempts to derail it, there is no denying that they are falling in love. But their relationship is threatened by political differences, Roberts excessive work hours, and Emilys fear of losing her identity...
Treachery in Bordeaux (The Winemaker Detective Series), by Jean-Pierre Alaux"I love good mysteries. I love good wine. So imagine my joy at finding a great mystery about wine, and winemaking, and the whole culture of that fascinating world. And then I find it's the first of a series. I can see myself enjoying many a bottle of wine while enjoying the adventures of Benjamin Cooker in this terrific new series." William Martin, New York Times bestselling author of Back Bay and The Lincoln Letter  The series is being adapted to television in France. This first book aired in February 2012 as Mission Pessac.  Benjamin Cooker is a renowned winemaker and critic turned gentleman detective who sets out to find who is trying to take down the prestigious grand cru Moniales Haut-Brion. Is it negligence ...
The Waves (The Island series), by Jen MinkmanThe first memory I have of my grandfather is of a moment that we share together.
 Im sitting on his knee looking out over the harbor. Grandpa is smoking a pipe. He points at the horizon. Look, Walt. Our ships are out there. And one day, another even more beautiful ship will appear at the horizon. A mighty ship to take us all away. And Annabelle will be at the front deck with open arms, inviting us all to join her on board.
 Why dont we sail to her ourselves? I want to know.
 Because she promised she would come, granddad replies. And in that promise we trust. Its only the Unbelievers who think they can do everything themselves. They have no faith in the Goddess.

Walt lives in Hope ...
Who's Your Father?:  Returning to the Love of the Biblical God, by Robert BerneckerHow Big Is Your God?  "A bright examination of modern Christianity" - Kirkus Reviews Kirkus adds that Bernecker's points are "well-researched and well-articulated," giving the reader "a thought-provoking look at the modern definition of God." Amazon reviewer carpenterdaughter writes, "Bernecker faces some tough questions and doesn't attempt to defend God. He declares and reveals God. He points readers to the truth, and he uses God's own word to do it."    This eye-opening new book challenges readers to reevaluate their perceptions of God, and it thoughtfully exposes many misconceptions that are commonly found in the church of our day. Readers are led into a deeper understanding of the real ...
Echoes from the Lost Ones (Song of Forgetfulness), by Nicola McDonagh----- Im not like the other girlygigs in Cityplace; Im a bringer. I can sing to the only animals left in NotsoGreatBritAlbion and make them land. Adara, catcher of birds -thats what they call me and thats what I can do.   Now that the Agros have cut supplies and folk are near starved, Id best keep shutums about my name though, or everyone will want a piece of me. Id best creep and peep all stealthy-like to track down my bro-bro, snatched by Agro scum for who knows what.   Good job Im trained in  S.A.N.T. ways too, for Ill need all my roughhouse skills to keep the Agro spies, Nearlys and wolfies at bay until I find and bring home my bro and all the other missing Meeks.   I just wi...
The Cain Conspiracy (The Cain Series), by Mike RyanShot in the head and recovering from brain surgery, Delta Force soldier Thomas Nelson wakes up in a military hospital unable to remember who he is. Faced with going through recovery alone, with no family that he's aware of, he is recruited by a top secret government agency. Project Specter is tasked with eliminating targets they deem to be a threat to the United States. Their goal is to turn Nelson into a super assassin named Matthew Cain.  Cain's first mission is supposed to be a piece of cake. Just take out an escaped fugitive in Honduras who's on the run for the rape and murder of a little girl in New York. There's only one problem...somebody beat him to it. Everything is not what it seems as Cain gets mixed up with an internat...
Follow The Chupacabra (An Endless Paths novel), by Steve StathamRay Lenstrom is a broken man. His family, the life he knew, and his will to live were all swept away in a series of catastrophic storms. After the swarm of devastating twisters finally receded, no element of his life remained untouched.   He is a man adriftuntil the night of the dark visitor, the chupacabra of legend.  When do you allow yourself to believe the unbelievable? When do mythological creature become part of the real world? Ray has to figure out if the chupacabra that has tracked him down and attempted to enlist him in an impossible undertaking is spinning wild lies or simply revealing frightening truths.   Ray has only one place to turna mysterious woman cut off from the rest of humanity who ma...
Flint and Flame: 15%

Authors: set up your own work-in-progress bar with our Author Sig tool.

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2013, 08:37:59 PM »
Creepspace: The Witch Game, by E. C. CrawlieFor his twelfth birthday, Joshua Wright gets just the gift he had hoped for: a laptop computer. But his joy fades when he discovers a strange game included on the laptop. Joshua soon finds himself haunted by the game and plagued by visions of witches, vultures, and graveyards. Is his imagination playing tricks on him, or are these horrors real? Read Joshua's story - if you dare - and see whether he and his friends can survive . . . The Witch Game!...
Quicksilver (The Forensic Geology Series, Prequel), by Toni DwigginsNEW RELEASE SALE: all three books in the series, just 99 cents each!
Badwater (Book 1): amzn.to/12V0bO4
Volcano Watch (Book 2): amzn.to/10wAa4H
A young man disappears in the wilderness of the California mother lode. He leaves behind a gold-flecked rock and a vial of liquid mercury. He is a misfit in the modern world, a throwback to the Gold Rush days.   A venture capitalist--whose gold country is Silicon Valley--hires forensic geologists Cassie Oldfield and Walter Shaws to track his missing brother.   Following one of the 'lost rivers' of California, Cassie and Wa...
Queen Mab, by Kate DanleyWhen Faunus, the god of daydreams, breaks the heart of Queen Mab, revenge can be the only answer.  Using the most powerful families in Verona, they wage their war against one another, and place their final bets upon the heads of two teenagers, one named Romeo and the other named Juliet.   But when Queen Mab falls in love with a gentleman named Mercutio, everything changes and she will do anything, even if it means destroying the world, to save him.  Will it be enough to stop the tragedy?  Or only spur it forward to its terrible end? Weaving Shakespeare's original text into a new fantasy, fans of The Woodcutter will delight in t...
Linear Shift, Part 1, by Paul B KohlerNo one said time travel would be easy.  Peter Cooper, a widowed father of two whose life is crumbling around himuntil a bizarre encounter with a desperate Army general launches him on a risky mission: to go back to 1942 and change a moment in time. The repercussions will almost certainly alter the conclusion of World War II. But will the ripple effects stop there? And what kind of life will Peter return to?  Unknown Consequences:  A successful mission may not have the success he had intended.  Linear Shift is a serialized novel, with four total parts planned.  This is part one....
Out of the Shadows (A Werewolf Wars Novel), by Bethany ShawA war is brewing between the werewolf packs. In an attempt to save his sister, Emily, from being used as a breeder, Devon Harris flees his home with his sister, her boyfriend Marcus, and their brother Vincent, seeking refuge at his Uncle Rick's ranch. There he meets the fiery human Lark. In the midst of a war, does he dare let himself fall for her?  Lark Davies has been the sole provider for herself and sister since her parents died in an accident three years ago. Rick Harris has been like a second father to her. When his nephew comes to town, sparks immediately begin to fly as Lark finds herself drawn even further into the werewolf world....
Always and Forever (Secrets of Shadow Hill), by S. P. CervantesTwin sisters Ava and Hannah were ripped from their peaceful seeming lives into a whirlwind of attacks and war only to learn the real truth about their existence. Nothing was as it seemed anymore and may never be again. They had already lost their father in childhood now they have to cope with their mothers kidnapping as they watch those sworn to protect them risk their lives....
Garrison's Creed (Titan #2), by Cristin HarberA SPY RUNNING FOR HER LIFE
 Nicola is an injured CIA agent on the run from a failed undercover operation. Her escape plan shatters when she slams into the man who buried her a decade ago. Cash Garrison. Her first and only love. Now, sexier than her best memory and cradling a snipers rifle, he has questions she cant answer. Why was she alive? And armed?

AND THE MAN SHE COULD NEVER SEE AGAIN
 Cash is an elite member of a black ops organization, The Titan Group. He thought Nicola died his senior year of college and swore off love to focus on a decade of military missions. But when she shows up behind enemy lines, bleeding out and wielding a weapon, his heart and mind are unsure how to proceed.

BATTLE B...
Network of Lies, by R. J.  DillonAll Nick Torr wanted was a safe transit home. Hed been in Singapore less than six days, an unscheduled break during a nomadic journey spent in isolation and contemplation, what covert intelligence professionals refer to as dusting off the traces. Returning from settling old scores in Moscow and overseeing a campaign of gruelling operations, Nick is refused permission to proceed. Isolated, forced to endure an extended stopover, Nick is caught at the brutal core of a hostile attempt at damaging and destabilising CO8 and the Secret Intelligence Service.  The disappearance, torture and murder of a British expat rumoured to be a Service asset, leads Nick back into the cut-throat world of covert double-dealing where friendship counts...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »
Westin's Chase (Titan #3), by Cristin HarberTHE MASTER OF EVERYTHING HAS FOUND HIS MATCH
 Jared Westin knows his reputation and likes it. He gets the job done. No emotion. No baggage. Thats why his elite ops company, The Titan Group, is better than the best. They complete projects classified as mission impossible.

And then, in walks a woman as tough as she is sexy. His counterpart in every way, should he choose to admit it.

SHES NOT WILLING TO LET HER HEART FALL
 Ousted undercover ATF agent Lilly Chase only answers to Sugar. Jared is the only man who can see past her leather-and-lipstick demeanor, and that revelation is terrifying. She was fired for helping Titan on a questionable arrest she shouldve ignored, then partnered with Jare...
The Accidental Honeymoon, by Alice TobyAn infamous, bad-boy billionaire offers a 21-year old young intern $10 million dollars to enter in a "pretend marriage" for one year. What could possibly go wrong?

From the CEO suite to the marriage altar, they thought they could fool the world. But when it came to the Honeymoon, the bad boy billionaire and the young intern suddenly realize that the joke was on them. A pretend marriage suddenly erupts into a full-fledged romance. "The Accidental Honeymoon" is a fun, romantic and unexpected story of what happens when love gets in the way of "the perfect business proposal."

A full-length novel.

THE CHANCE OF A LIFETIME
 One minute, Karin Davis was working a dead end job at a high-end retail cloth...
Dragons and Dreams: Bedtime Stories, by Becca PriceI am three thousand, four hundred and ten years old, the Dragon told the man. And for every single night of every single year of those three thousand four hundred and ten years, I've slept on my treasure. Its how dragons sleep. Its how dragons have always slept. And he closed his eyes with a snap.

Then he opened one eye cautiously.

Whats a bed?

Brave princesses, grumpy dragons, princes competing for a kingdom, and children seeking answers to age-old questions. These six modern fairy tales include stories for pleasant dreams, and stories for stirring thought. They are just the right length for bedtime reading. Each is a gem that will delight the entire family. Suitable for age...
Red Rock Redemption, by Talon StringhamMurder comes to a remote wilderness drug treatment camp in the red rock canyon country of Southeastern Utah, while in Chicago a patent infringement case goes bad, leaving a trail of murdered experts. Unknowingly thrown into a fight against money, power, fraud and intrigue, Teig Allen and Straton Campbell grapple with unseen forces hell-bent on their destruction. The battle they start in an effort to clear their names quickly unravels into a struggle to save their very lives, as well as the lives of family and innocent bystanders. In a thrilling race against corporate corruption and terrorism, do Teig and Straton have what it takes to thwart the plot and achieve their own redemption?...
Murder Inc. (#1), by Owen BaillieIn 2043, life for a privileged few is rewarding beyond their dreams...  Charlie Billings is among them, fighting to keep the population and resources balanced in a world where people are oblivious to the truth.    Working for the world's most secret and powerful corporation, Billings finds himself in an impossible circumstance, facing a unique choice.  Will he be the first to stand against the company for love, or sacrifice it, and choose a charmed life of unimaginable benefits?  Hold onto your seat, Murder Inc. is a sci-fi thriller set in a world similar to our...
The Blood Doctrine, by Ross PooreMormon missionary Elder Aaron Lee is a murderer; although he does not see it that way. He and his mission companion walk the Salt Lake City streets spreading the teachings of the LDS Church. His life changed forever the day he killed James Barone, a gay man living in Salt Lake City, UT. "What would lead a Mormon missionary to murder?" That was the one question that kept looping through Detective Klingensmith's mind. He and his partner Detective Robbins are about to find out in a journey that will expose secrets from the past and will take them from Salt Lake City to the red rocks of southern Utah....
MAC WALKER'S BENGHAZI:  The Complete Collection, by D.W. UlstermanReaders of D.W. Ulsterman's bestselling political thrillers DOMINATUS and TUMULTUS are already familiar with the charismatically hard nosed get it done character of former Navy SEAL Mackenzie Walker.  MAC WALKER'S BENGHAZI takes readers on a thrilling ride of action and intrigue and allows them a glimpse into a younger  version of this much loved character as he and his guns for hire team take an assignment into the dangerous world that is Benghazi, Libya days before the now  infamous Benghazi Massacre.  "I'm hooked on Mr. Walker. Once you start there's no stopping!"   -Patricia  Tadlock  "WOW!  A fascinating, believable concept of history as we saw it unfold."  -Blakey...
Sell Your Book: 75 eBook Promotion Sites That Increase Amazon Sales, by Greg StrandbergAre you having trouble selling or even giving your book away?  I know how you feel, and thats why I researched 75 different eBook promotion sites thatll get your book the attention it deserves.

Youll get:

30 sites that promote your book for free;
 15 sites that promote your book for free and give you paid advertising;
 30 sites that offer paid advertising promotions.

Thats 75 sites that will get your book in front of hundreds of thousands of people!

Im not going to lie to you; you can get all this information free online.  I mean, all these sites are out there, and I give you the links to them. 

But why give yourself the hassle of surfing the internet...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2013, 09:27:02 AM »
Colony East (The Toucan Trilogy, Book 2), by Scott Cramer$2.99 special price (60 percent off). Book 1 of the trilogy, NIGHT OF THE PURPLE MOON, free for a limited time  When the bacteria that killed most of world's adults undergo a deadly mutation, 15-year-old Abby must make the dangerous journey to Colony East, an enclave of scientists and Navy personnel who are caring for a small group of children. Abby fears that time is running short for the victims, but she's soon to learn that time is running out for everyone outside Colony East. (Parental discretion advised for readers 13 and under)...
DEATH DUES #11 Rafferty & Llewellyn cozy procedural series, by Geraldine EvansEvans writes clearly and realistically. The wry humour in the badinage between Rafferty and Llewellyn keeps the story moving. -  BOOKLIST ON DEATH DUES

With his wife-to-bes wedding budget spiralling out of control and his superintendent demanding the swift resolution to the series of muggings of local loan sharks' collectors, DI Joe Rafferty is anticipating a long and trying week. And sure, enough, he isnt disappointed.

When one John Jaws Harrison is found with his skull caved in, in an alleyway backing on to rundown Primrose Avenue while on his way to collect debt repayments from the residents, Rafferty and his intellectual partner, Sergeant Dafyd Llewellyn, imagine the case will be easily sol...
The Curse of Malenfer Manor, by Iain McChesneyThose in line to the Malenfer estate are succumbing to terrible ends is a supernatural legacy at work, or something entirely more human?

Young Irish mercenary Dermot Ward retreats to Paris at the close of World War I where he drinks to forget his experiences, especially the death of his comrade, Arthur Malenfer. But Arthur has not forgotten Dermot. Dead but not departed, Arthur has unfinished business and needs the help of the living.

Upon his arrival at Malenfer Manor, Dermot finds himself embroiled in a mystery of murder, succession, and ambition. Dermot falls in love with the youngest Malenfer, the beautiful fey Simonne, but in his way are Simonnes mismatched fianc, her own connections to the spirit wor...
Screaming To Be Solved, by Lauren HopeMarxie Vaughn becomes a widow at twenty-five years old when her police officer husband, Evan, is tragically killedreduced to ashes in an explosion in the line of duty in their small Georgia town. Without even a body to bury, Marxie is left to deal with the sorrow of his abrupt and brutal end. Seeking to start anew, she packs up and moves east to Savannah.  But when Detective Grant Carter knocks on her door two years after the accident, Marxies carefully rebuilt world turns upside down once more. The grim detective gives Marxie unimaginable news: Evans body has been found in a nearby canal.  Desperate for answers, Marxie embarks on a fascinating, complex and heart-wrenching journey to find out exactly what happen...
Cafe Insomniac, by Mark CapellCaf Insomniac is a spellbinding journey through the real and imagined life of a chronic insomniac.                   Twenty-five-year-old insomniac Justin Brooks opens an all-night caf. But soon after the opening, one of his customers is murdered. The fallout from the murder makes his insomnia worse -- much worse. He completely loses the ability to sleep.  Strange things start to happen in Justin's world, things that are hard to explain.  His eyes stream when it rains outside..... Another caf appears, out of the fog, out of nowhere..... Footsteps follow him everywhere..... The dead person talks to him, though it's not a ghost..... And a magician waits for h...
Native Silver (Destiny Bay Romances - The Ranchers), by Helen ConradBestselling Romance Author-Millions in print worldwide

"Helen Conrad is one of the very best authors I know." New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Marie Ferrarella

NATIVE SILVER--He wants her- she wants her ranch back! 

When Shawnee Carrington returns home to help her grandfather win his fight to keep his land, she goes up against David Santiago, a man she's hated and loved with equal passion for years.  She's determined to beat him, and win the horse show his sister always dominates as well, with the help of Native Silve...
I, Minion (The Minion Chronicles), by Lewis DixVolume 1 of The Minion Chronicles   Centuries pass and the Dark Lord's Empire spreads across the land, its unconquerable armies forcing kingdom after kingdom to bend the knee. At the fore of these armies are the minions, skeletal warriors raised from the dead with dark magic to serve on the frontlines of battle. They are the perfect soldiers - made to be unthinking, unfeeling, and expendable. After all, there is no killing what is already dead.   So when one of them makes the unlikely choice to spare the Dark Lord's greatest enemy, a powerful young witch named Kora who has awoken feelings in him long forgotten, he sets off a chain of events that threaten to change the course of the Empire forever.   T...
Suriana and the Sulfur Cave (Gallows Hill Chronicles), by Jorge vilaOne very cold Halloween night, just when Suriana Lugo thought that nothing could possibly ruin her ninth birthday party, she learns that she is very mistaken.  A magical package containing a potion is delivered by a very strange messenger, right to the front door of the home of the apprentice witch. The messenger imparts the news of the disappearance of an old wizard who is ruler of the Magic Castle of Palaquin.  Finding themselves drawn into the wizards disappearance, Suriana and her grandparents are forced to leave their home in order to keep the mysterious magic potion safe from the arms of the enemy.  A dark secret that has been kept for hundreds of years takes Suriana far from her home town in Massachusetts ...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2013, 03:52:38 PM »
Thanksgiving Past, Thanksgiving Present (Twelve Months of Romance - November), by Margaret LakeThanksgiving Past, Thanksgiving Present - a novella

It was Thanksgiving that Eleanor met her husband, Thanksgiving when they were married, and Thanksgiving when he died and she ran away. Now its Thanksgiving again and Eleanor has finally come home to face her grief and the friends she left behind.

But there are new friends awaiting Eleanor, friends that will force her to accept her loss, friends who just might make her want to live again.
The 7th Woman (Nico Sirsky, Chief of Police), by Frdrique Molay"Frdrique Molay is the French Michael Connelly" Jean Miot, former head of Agence France Presse (AFP).  Winner of France's prestigious Prix du Quai des Orfvres prize for best crime fiction, named Best Crime Fiction Novel of the Year, and already an international bestseller with over 150,000 copies sold.  There's no rest for Paris's top criminal investigation division, La Crim'. Who is preying on women in the French capital? How can he kill again and again without leaving any clues? A serial killer is taking pleasure in a macabre ritual that leaves the police on tenterhooks. Chief of Police Nico Sirskya super cop with a modern-day real life, including an ex-wife, a teenage son and a budding love storyraces ...
Make $1000 Selling on eBay Before Christmas, by Nick VulichDo you need some extra money for Christmas Shopping?

Are you feeling the holiday pinch?  Are you unsure where the money for Christmas presents is going to come from, let alone how you are going to pay for the Holiday Feast?

This book can help you make the money you need fast, selling every day items you may already have around the house.

You will learn how to put your "money vision" goggles on and locate items you can sell over the next few weeks.  Using this method $500, even $1000 is not out of the question.

Just be warned - its going to take work.  Lots of hard work.  But the pay off will be a worry free, debt free holiday.

Just sit back, and get read...
Shred Diet Made Simple, by Betty JohnsonSwitching to a heart-healthy diet may not sound appealing at first, but there are many ways that you can substitute foods in your diet so you can stay healthy and still enjoy the foods that you eat. By substituting foods high in cholesterol and fat for healthier options, you can have a positive impact on your heart health.  Before you pick up that next bacon cheeseburger, consider these quick and easy food substitutions that will be kind on your heart and your waistline. Shred Diet Made Simple: Concise Guide to Ian K Smiths Six Week Cycle Diet Plan by Betty Johnson, is a perfect start to living a healthy lifestyle by eating the right foods.  The book looks on foods such as ground chicken and turkey. You can subs...
A Sort of Justice (A Mark Praed Novel), by P. E. SibleyRevenge is a sort of justice . . .

Half-human Mark Praed has inherited a skill from his alien mother that makes him a valued agent at Commonwealth Intelligence Service: he can read minds.

Praed uses his abilities to run a covert operation on an alien planet. But when his superior turns traitor, Praed is captured, tortured and traded back to CIS.

Vowing to track down the man that betrayed him, he transfers to the counter terrorist task force where he is teamed with operative Alexandra Lansing, a beautiful but by-the-book two year veteran.

On a routine surveillance operation of a suspected arms dealer, Praed finds it difficult working with his new partner. Can he learn to trust Alex? Can he...
The Sigils: Volume One, by Macaulay C. HunterThey never should have moved to Murphy . . .

Cadi Shaw doesnt take much from humans - an ampoule of blood, a few snips of hair, maybe a toenail or two.  Nothing essential.  Nothing life-threatening.  Harmless Ceilidh sigils, Cadi collects the ingredients for her brother Torvis healing spells while he sells remedies for arthritis and minor ailments in his store.

But not all sigils are harmless. One night, three badly wounded Nychos break in and threaten Torvi, forcing Cadi to procure for them to spare his life.  But they want a lot more than human blood or hair to work the spells keeping them alive.  Far more....
From The Ashes (A Blood of Ages Companion Novel), by K.L. KerrFor a simple eternity, all Michael Roman has to do is let it all go: the mystery surrounding his makers murder, the memory of his mortal life, and the basic idea that killing is wrong.

From the Ashes chronicles Michaels early vampire life, fighting on the Tournament circuit and falling for another vampires familiar.

This is a Blood of Ages Companion Novel. It can be read independently of or in addition to the Blood of Ages series by K.L. Kerr; if reading as part of the series, it is advised to read at any point after "The Genesis (Blood of Ages, #1)"....
Sleeper Seven, by Mark HowardJessica Armitage discovers something interesting about herself, quite by accident, while leaving a Chicago El train one spring day. On a quest to enhance her nascent ability, she inadvertently captures the attention of some new friends and foes alike.

Who is who, and what do they all want from her? Most importantly, what does she want, when she inadvertently stumbles upon a decades-old government secret?

For Jessica, nothing less than total exposure will do.

Unfortunately, there are vast forces at work keeping the world clouded in fear, uncertainly, and doubt. Can they thwart her progress, even with the endgame in sight?...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2013, 12:42:20 PM »
Borrowing Alex, by Cindy Procter-KingShe'll return him eventually. Or maybe not.   Nikki St. James wants to get married more than anything. But what's she to do when her fianc spends his days sucking up to her rich father instead of helping with the simple task of, oh, setting a date? Why...fake a fling with the best man, of course!   Nikki is the first to admit that ambushing Alex Hart and whisking him off to secluded Lake Eden is a tad desperate. But maybe pretending she's hot for the handsome history professor will kick-start the attention of her future groom. Besides, a sojourn at a lakeside cabin is exactly what uptight Alex needs. Not that Nikki cares what he needs or how sexy he is....   Alex is not on-board with Nikki's plan. Yeah...
Scinegue (The Scinegue Series), by S.R. BoothRegular price $3.99 on sale for $1.99 through Nov. 1.
Out of reach for generations, the goal of cleansing the earth of all who don't meet specific standards is in the final stages of becoming reality. Oblivious to the plan underway, Billy Roth and his wife Sarah are horrified and overwhelmed when they're unexpectedly tossed into the middle of it. The classic 'good versus evil' is in play and The Roths are certain they will side with good, but will they? Temptations in the form of money and prestige combined with fear might be enough to keep at least one of them from following their convictions...
Shadow Demon, by Judith PostThe sequel to WOLFS BANE.   A cruel, Egyptian pharaoh unleashes a shadow demon on Bay City. When Reece Rutherford's magic first awakened, Hecatea skilled witchvolunteered to mentor her.  Nen senses Hecate's magic once more and comes for her.  She barely escaped the evil warlock centuries ago, and she's been hiding from him ever since.  This time, though, with Reece there to help her, along with Reece's soul mate, Damiana gargoyleand the werewolf pack of Bay City, Hecate decides to take a stand and fight.  But Nen's practiced black magic for centuries.  He's spilled so much blood, he ripples with power.  Too much power?...
Tropical Storm, by Stefanie GrahamTROPICAL STORM: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE by Stefanie Graham  Watch out! A Storm is coming.  Millionaire hotelier Cairo Kane has dealt with his fair share of tropical storms on the Caribbean island of Jamaica. Not one to hide from tumultuous weather, he would rather attack it, head on. Six years ago he left his life in New York City and escaped to the beautiful island of Jamaica to apply himself to the business of making money. The former blue-collar boy was driven, fierce, and determined; there wasn't a challenge he didn't take or a tempest he couldn't tame. Before Jessica Storm no woman had the power to shatter his confidence or break his heart. Storm enthralled him, married him and then betrayed him. He loved her once. He ...
The Ghosts of Bayou Potomac, by Louis TridicoPresident Beau Bergerons rookie year in office is turning out to be more than he bargained for. An aggressive Chinese admiral is pushing for a big naval showdown with the U.S. fleet in the South China Sea. And if thats not enough to occupy Beaus time, the sudden appearance of the ghosts of past presidents is about to push him over the edge. While they dole out advice, drink his beer, play practical jokes and ogle the first lady, Beau tries to figure out if his predecessors are helping him or pushing the country closer to war. His crazy college buddies arent helping, either, as they hatch a plan for a little bayou-style ghost busting if they can get a voodoo priestess and a lucky rooster past the Secret Service. Can America s...
Box Set Sampler (A Date to Die for:, Barely Alive, Into the End), by Bonnie R. PaulsonThe first books for three series of three different genres are showcased in this box set.

A Date to Die for: #1 Speed Dating

***Think TV - this is an episode, to be followed closely by the next, etc. This is not a complete story and will not be resolved until Adventure #7***

When dating ends in deaths and threats, Molly might be better off staying single.

During one of Mollys weekly meet-ups with her girls at their regular bar, Molly succumbs to the duress of her two best friends and begins the aggressive dating they sign her up for online where the pairings are questionable and dangerous. Theyve entered her in an evening of speed dating. But at the end of the evening she finds...
The Last Stoic, by Morgan Wade"Morgan has written a book that is highly original and beautifully executed. The balance between the Roman world and the modern world is maintained with skill and adroitness, and the narrative is deftly woven through both of these time periods, never faltering or losing momentum.  The Last Stoic is a fascinating, parallel look at two societies who are not, as it turns out, as different or distinct as one might think."  - Helen Humphreys  ** Long-listed for the 2012 ReLit Award for Fiction.**  The Last Stoic is a story of appetite and fear, both modern and ancient. Half of the story's narrative occurs in the time and place of the ancient Roman Empire; the other half occurs in the present-day United Sta...
Books We Love Special Edition - Shirley Martin (Secrets of the Night), by Shirley MartinBooks We Love is pleased to offer a Shirley Martin Special Edition containing the novels, Night Shadows, Night Secrets and One More Tomorrow. Secrets of the Night is a special edition collectible.  Night Shadows Fianna leaves home to escape having to marry a man she doesn't love. She travels to another city, far away, hoping to escape detection. There she meets Gaderian, but she doesn't realize he is a vampire. Forced to support herself, she works as a fortune teller in a tavern, and there she meets Gaderian again. She is caught between three different men who want her, each for his own reason. The demon, Stilo, wants her as his sex slave. Angus, the man she refused to marry, won't give up in his search for her. And in a real...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2013, 12:57:20 PM »
Ultraviolet Catastrophe, by Jamie GreyQuantum Electrodynamics. String Theory. Schrdinger's cat. For sixteen-year-old Lexie Kepler, theyre just confusing terms in her science textbooks, until she finds out that her parents have been drugging her to suppress her outrageous IQ. Now Branston Academy, a school run by the worlds most powerful scientists, has tracked her down and is dying for her to attend - as a research subject.  She takes refuge at Quantum Technologies, a secret scientific community where her father works as a top-notch scientist, and begins her new life as girl genius at Quantum High. But the assignments at her new school make the Manhattan Project look like preschool - and Lexie barely survived freshman algebra.  Her first big assignme...
Her Favorite Mistake (Windy City Romances), by Barbara LohrSometimes a woman makes a mistake. Sometimes hes hard to forget. When Vanessa Randall appears on "Eye of the Tiger," a popular reality TV show, she isnt prepared to see her Vegas Hunky Hottie from four years earlier. She may need Alex, now an Internet mogul, but hes the last man she wants back in her life.

Oh, Alex recognizes her all right. The long-legged brunette had called herself Vivien Leigh before slipping out before dawn. More than a little ticked off, he becomes Vanessas mentor to help her ramp up Randalls Whipped Cream Cakes. Revenge can be sweet. When their business arrangement becomes personal, things get complicated. Alex and Vanessa struggle with commitment issues, but her toddler wins Alexs hear...
Fine Young Gentlemen, by C.W. SlaterGo inside the heads of three raunchy, impulsive sixteen-year-old boys at the elite Percy College Schoolwhere status-hungry moms blackmail students, and self-absorbed administrators will do anything to protect the schools reputation. Craig is the popular golden boy struggling to hide a terrible secret. Jacob is an emerging psychopath plotting to eliminate his rivals. Sex-obsessed Matt is desperate to lose his virginity. Dark satirical fun that dares to show what teenage boys really think.

*CONTENT WARNING* GRAPHIC VIOLENCE INCLUDING MURDER, COARSE LANGUAGE, SEXUAL CONTENT, MATURE THEMES. THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR CHILDREN. RECOMMENDED FOR 16+   

Fine Young Gentlemen is the first book in the upcoming Fine Young Gent...
Your Passport To Freedom: Integrating Truth for Joyous, Victorious Christian Living, by Todd PatonYoure a Christian. You yearn for an authentic, abundant, victorious walk with the Lord, but is your reality living up to your expectations? If your Christian walk seems more like a limp or you are feeling altogether stuck, if the joy of Christianity seems elusive and God seems distant, if you are experiencing more defeat than victory, than this program was designed for you. 

Through a series of spiritual meditations youll discover the old mindsets that are standing in your way and obliterate them with the purposeful, diligent application of Gods powerful Truth. So if you are tired of scratching with the chickens or hanging with the buzzards and want to soar with the eagles of the faith, grab a copy of this devotional ...
eMOTION: Forced Pair (A Fifth and Dent Story), by C Ryan BymastereMOTION: Forced Pair

Marion Dent is a high-functioning sociopath.
      He was trained by the U.S. military to become the perfect soldier to combat the newest form of illegal emotional-based technology.
      In 2016, the U.S. government banned the use of eTech, technology with the capability of tampering with peoples emotions. Dent, incapable of feeling emotion, quickly rises in the military as the perfect soldier to enforce the newly created laws. But after failing a mission, Dent is relieved of duty and becomes a contractor for the highest bidderhis mental handicap making him the perfect weapon in a world where illegally controlling emotions means controlling absolute economic power.
      eMOTION: Force...
Never Marry A Warlock (A Beware Of Warlocks Novelette #1), by Marilyn VixNever Marry A Warlock (A Beware of Warlocks Novelette)

This book is part of the Witchy eBooks promotion featuring paranormal and witch-themed books from more than twenty authors. The promotion is October 30 - November 1, and books range from *Free* to under $5! The $0.99 price is for a limited time only.

Catherine walks in on her husband in bed with her best friend. What is a woman to do? It helps that she is a witch. Unfortunately, so is her husband. Before you can say spell battle, Catherine high tails it up the coast of California to clear her head. Lucky for her, she finds an Aussie hitchhiker. She will have to face her husband in the awaiting spell battle. Can she have a little fun with her new fond boy toy, o...
Bourbon & Blood: A Crime Fiction Novel (Bill Conlin Thriller), by Garrard HayesIn the tradition of action-packed noir thrillers, comes a crime fiction story about an otherwise good guy "bent" bad when he's pulled into the underbelly of the New York City crime scene.

Drugs, white slavery, prostitution, murder... Former soldier and decorated war hero Bill Conlin finds himself immersed in it all when he can't find "respectable" work after his tour in Afghanistan. When his cousin, Jimmy, first tries to talk him into joining Irish mafia boss Frank Sullivan's gang, Bill brushes him off.

All Bill really wants is a normal life with a nice girl, and he's pretty sure the waitress he just met, Dana, is the one. But with his savings running low, and desperate to get out of his Hell's Kitchen near-teneme...
A Forever Death (Emerson Ward Series), by Michael W.  ShererOld friend Brady Puppy Barnes pulls Emerson Ward away from a party to ask for help in recovering and finding out who stole a priceless gem collection from his commercial photography studio. Less than an hour later, Puppy is ambushed and shot in front of his own home while Emerson looks on helplessly.  Unsure if the shooting is connected to the jewel theft, Emerson starts poking into every corner of Puppys life to see who might want him dead. Suspecting the theft was an inside job since the stones had been replaced with fakes, he even takes a job at the financially troubled ad agency that commissioned the photo shoot to take a closer look at everyone involved.  The deeper he digs, the more skeletons he finds in th...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2013, 12:58:05 PM »
The Greenland Breach, by Bernard BessonA cli-fi spy novel by a prizewinning novelist and former top-level French intelligence officer.  A fast-paced combination of environmental catastrophe, geopolitical stakes, freelance spies and Bond-like action. The Arctic ice caps are breaking up. Europe and the East Coast of the United States brace for a tidal wave. Meanwhile, former French intelligence officer John Spencer Larivire, his karate-trained, steamy Eurasian partner, Victoire, and their computer-genius sidekick, Luc, pick up an ordinary freelance assignment that quickly leads them into the glacial silence of the great north, where a merciless war is being waged for control of discoveries that will change the future of humanity.   Praise for The Greenla...
Wanted (Flick Carter), by Tim Arnot23rd Century England. No oil. No electricity. The few remaining people get by as best they can, improvising and living off the land, or scavenging through long-derelict cities for scraps and trinkets. When Sixteen year old Flick Carter saves the life of an injured Scav, she discovers he has secrets. Secrets the authorities want badly. But someone else wants them too, someone who will stop at nothing, not even murder. For Flick, the small town of Faringdon is suddenly no longer safe. Accused of murder, and with no one left she can trust, she must run. Or die. Note: Contains scenes of dea...
The Crumbling Brick (The Land of Neo), by JoHannah ReardonTHE CRUMBLING BRICK is told in the tradition of  C. S. Lewis's and George MacDonald's fairy tales.

As Ella keeps a promise to her mother to clean the cellar, she discovers a crumbling brick behind an old trunk. Even though its raining outside, sunlight pours through the opening. Intrigued, she chips away at the brick to find the source of the light.

To her astonishment, she finds another land beyond her cellar wall, gripped in the freshness of spring. But soon she realizes this lovely place is threatened by evil. Can Ella save this beautiful kingdom from disaster?...
Death Came Dressed in White (Emerson Ward Series), by Michael W. ShererWhen your life has reached an all-time low, how can it get any worse? Chicago freelance writer Emerson Ward finds out one steamy August morning when the phone starts ringing too early to be anything but bad news, and bad things happen in threes. Before he can drink his first cup of coffee, he learns that one good friend has gone missing, another has been put in the hospital by a brutal beating, and his phone is tapped. To top it all off, the woman hes been falling for announces that shes leaving.

Knowing hell be his own worst company after all that, Emerson finds easy distraction in vowing to find out whos trying to ruin his day. Lending a hand to all those who need it at first takes Emerson in several directions at...
Night Train to RonKonKoma, by Dov SilvermanA collection of short stories by Dov Silverman, award winning history fiction author - touching on moments in history, things we should not forget, and how the heart never forgets.  Tennessee Mountain Music A Mans Reputation Banjo Eddie Elvis Helps Me Courting Amphitrite (Womens Prison ship) Recall the Flagman The Retarded Mother Presidential Sicilian Connection The Laughing Moon Charge of the Black Brigade Wheres Daddy going? The Cherokee Saint Francois Dubois Top Shelf American Work Ethic Heeeeelllllppppp!!!!! Iwo Jima Rabbi No Problem Ohau An Amorous Alligator The Fifth Marines The Zoo Cruelty to Animals O...
The Life of Death, by Katrina JoynerA rarely done quick sketch commentary by Katrina "Death" Joyner of the Writers of the Apocalypse regarding random events in her life. Normally "The Life of Death" can only be seen as online voting incentives for Katrina's webcomics and in small spurts in the back of her minis, but this volume compiles the first 32 comics produced in incentive secret. They're sloppily drawn, they're funny, and they're (exaggerated) true stories. Maybe you can relate....
The Billionaire's Gift: A Spiritual Business Parable, by Edward Iwata The Billionaire's Gift is a universal tale of hope by former USA Today business writer Edward Iwata. A coldhearted billionaire worships his vast wealth and corporate conquests. But when his health wanes, he learns that his riches cannot mend his spirit. His devout secretary seeks to help him, yet finds her loyalty tested by her callous boss. As the billionaire nears death, will the secretary find her belief renewed? And will a man of extraordinary wealth become a man of extraordinary faith?...
Halfway There, by Aubrie ElliotAubrie is now a middle-aged lesbian, and she isnt quite sure what that means;  everything seems bittersweet these days as Aubrie deals with her new body, her old relationship, and her surprise at suddenly being halfway there....

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2013, 08:24:34 PM »
Juicing Recipes For Weight Loss And Health, by Ned Campbell Unleash The Power of Healthy Juicing To BOOST Your Health and Lose Weight Naturally!  Introducing - Juicing For Weight Loss and Health by Ned Campbell This Comprehensive Juicing Diet Guide Features Juicing For Health Recipes Including Tasty and Delicious Weight Loss Juicing Diet Recipes You're Going To Love!  Health and Vitality Through Healthy Juicing...The Way Nature Intended! When it comes to health, everyone knows that fruits and vegetables contain all the essential and powerful nutrients that not on...
Sabien's Quest: The Light, by Shomari T. BlackOn his 15th birthday, Sabien the hunchbacked monk must leave home in search of a holy relic. Along his way he encounters an on-the-run assassin, a disillusioned princess, a werewolf looking for his next trophy, and demonslots of demons! Lucky for Sabien that hes armed with an ancient martial art, not to mention his giant green dog, Rahld.

Before he knows which way is north, he is swept to the top of the kingdoms (and Hells) most wanted list. Little does he know he is true heir to the throne, and also en route to stopping the apocalypse just as its getting started....
The Inquisitor's Progress, by Paul R. HardyBrunsol Mindspear is dead.

In life, he was the chief inquisitor of the Bounded Land, steeped in blood after decades of tyranny in the service of god. In death, he finds his god to be false, and that his world was created not to provide a home for humanity but to study it. Yet the world above is not the true reality, for that, too, was created within another world. As Brunsol climbs a ladder of universes, he seeks the true god of all the worlds above so that he might exact a vengeance for all the suffering in the worlds below.

Better a betrayer of men than a god that betrays his own creation. Better a torturer in the name of god than a god that wills a world to torture. Better a tyrant of my own kind than...
Once Humans (Daimones Trilogy), by Massimo MarinoMankind is undergoing rebirth, the new arrivals closely watched by the Selected: the transgenic beings created by the Morai. The new communities thrive with the aliens' support and peace and security reign on Eridu, as the planet Earth is known by the Morai and in the galaxy.But peace and security of the cradle are suddenly shattered by acts of sabotage set to disrupt the fragile balance of the fledgling communities.  From the coldest climes to the deepest ocean floors, a cosmic conspiracy full of betrayal and fear is being hatched with the hope of pushing the world perilously close to the brink of self-destruction.
The Dragonfly Door, by Margaret MillmoreThe Dragonfly Door
 A Science Fiction Time Travel Thriller

Most people would envy Frank Mann for living off a trust fund in beautiful San Francisco. But Frank was directionless and spiraling downward lonely, drinking heavily, getting into brawls. He was sitting at a bar when above the gleaming bottles he first glimpsed the thing that would change his life forever.

It was the largest dragonfly Id ever seen. Its wings were silver and its body a luminescent blue-green, almost metallic. I swear it was looking right at me.

But it wasnt looking at him. It was looking for him. Because it wasnt a dragonfly at all, it was a door into the future. And it was s...
Found Innocent (A Madison Knight Novel), by Carolyn ArnoldThere's one code when it comes to the wall of blueand Madison Knight may have to cross it.

Any good cop knows you never report a brother for mishandling a case or accuse him of misconduct, but in order to find justice, Madison may not have a choice.

Lacy Rose had one goal for her twentieth birthdayto be found innocent of past sinsbut her life is cut short.

When Lacy's remains are found in a garden and the investigation becomes connected to a closed case, Madison must face her past. The lead detective on that case was Madison's ex-fianc. At the risk of jeopardizing departmental relationships, and churning up the attention of an old flame at the same time, Madison must push hard before the gui...
The Antrim Guns, by Van HoltOn Sale for a Limited time! Regularly priced at $7.99.
 THE ANTRIM GUNS
 There werent many guns like them in the Old West. The pair that belonged to Hank Antrim had been made in France. After he was killed and his guns disappeared with the killer, the difficult French name of the guns was seldom used and they became better known as the Antrim guns.
 Mark Antrim spent years looking for his fathers guns and the man who had killed him. When he finally found out who the killer was, he wished he had never set out on the long bullet-riddled search for revenge.

More action-packed gunfighting westerns by Van Holt:
  A Few Dead Men
  Blood in the Hills
  C...
Wild Country, by Van HoltLimited time pre-release pricing. Normally $7.99

WILD COUNTRY
 Jeff Pickett didnt even have enough money to buy himself a good warm winter coat when the dying gambler rode up to his campfire with an offer he couldnt afford to refuse. The $10,000 in the wounded mans saddlebags was his. And all he had to do to keep it was make sure the killers on the gamblers trail didnt get their hands on it.
 So Jeff Pickett rode off alone into wild countryApache countrywith $10,000 in his saddlebags and a dozen greedy outlaws on his trail.

More action-packed gunfighting westerns by Van Holt:
  A Few Dead Men
  Blood in the Hills
  Curly Bil...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2013, 04:09:02 PM »
Paleo Beginners Cookbook - Paleo Diet Solutions & Recipes, by Ned Campbell Get Ready To Enjoy Amazing Paleo Recipes That Are Not Only Great For Your Body... But Taste Absolutely Fantastic!   Introducing- Paleo Beginner's Cookbook:  Paleo Diet Solutions & Recipes  by Ned Campbell. Finally One Guide and Paleo Diet Recipe Book That Has It All - A Paleo Cookbook For Beginners  The Perfect Introduction To Anyone New To Paleo Cooking!  As you know, The paleo diet is taking the world by storm because not only does it make people feel great, but they also are becoming more...
Scarred, by Kristine RoperA disfigured woman haunted by nightmares and the knowledge that she'll always be alone. A lesbian high school student who deals with abuse by cutting herself with a razor blade. A vicious serial killer that has been leaving a bloody path of faceless victims in his wake.

Taylor Mackenzie's parents died in a car crash when she was a child. Marked by facial scarring from the same accident, she had been raised by her grandmother, a woman who had been so ashamed of her granddaughter's looks that she had her hidden away from the rest of the world for most of her life. After finally running away as a teen, Taylor made her way to San Diego where she now helps run a shelter for runaway girls.

Rachel Dupree is a lonely and ...
Dandy Day, by Annie WoodDandy Day is a thirty-five year old free-spirited, commitment-phobic, Venice Boardwalk roller skating waitress. When Dandy is suddenly dumped by her therapist, right when they were on the brink of figuring out why her relationships last only a whopping three months, Dandy decides to take her relationship issues into her own hands. With the reluctant help of her lifelong best friend, Simon, Dandy tracks down her exes one by one and does a relationship autopsy on each of them in order to get to the bottom of her relationship challenged life.

A short novel about love, friendship and grown ups (sort of) growing up (sort of)....
Going Global - How to sell your ebook in the German Market, by Birgit KlugerAre you a self published author who would like to conquer new markets?  Why not try to sell your english ebook outside the US or UK?  This ebook explains how the german market works and where you can advertise your ebook or your special promotion. You will find a list of german bloggers who review english books as well as aggregators that deliver outside of Amazon.  Contents include:      The german market: What you can expect     How to prepare a promotion     How to promote your ebook in Germany     Selling outside of Amazon   This book is the first in the "Going Global" series that explains how to sell ebooks in foreign markets....
In the Shadows (The Blaisdell Chronicles), by Katie WelsbyWhen the love of her past-life turns up, things hot up for Lucy Blaisdell. Trouble is, which of the feuding pair offers genuine romance, and which is just out for revenge? Theres also the small matter of a witch to contend with or is it a gentler magic the mysterious Ellen offers with her overtures of friendship?

Its easy to fall for Alex Cravens good looks and witty charm, but its Nathan Harlows dark and brooding, almost rude manner, that teenager Lucy cant help but find herself being drawn to. To make things even messier, theres no love lost between Nathan and Alex, and their history seems to go back a long way

Right back to a dark past-life in the Napoleonic era, if Lucys increasin...
Celebrate! (Boxed Set), by Barbara McMahonFrom USA Today Bestselling Author Barbara McMahon, and National Bestselling and Award Winning Authors Linda Barrett, Rogenna Brewer, Karen Sandler and Debra Salonen.

CELEBRATE!    Five heartwarming stories celebrating the sweet gift of romance on Father's Day, the Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and Christmas.

Man of the House   by Linda Barrett
 Bobby's been the man of the house since his father died, but now his mom is spending time with Steve. Steve makes his mom happy, but no one can take Bobby's dad's place. Can Bobby have a change of heart and accept a new man of the house?

One Star Spangled Night   by Rogenna Brewer
 Navy Chaplain Lieutenant Lindsey Alexander is not as naive as ...
The Blessed & The Damned: A Novelette, by A.R. WilliamsOn the dark streets of Kuwar, only the strong survive. The twisted city is home to half a million people and danger lurks behind every corner.

When Lorna Jassan's daughter is kidnapped, she must return to Kuwar to find her. With time running out, and little hope of finding Johra alive, Lorna seeks the help of Weslin, a man she never wanted to see again. Reunited once more, they scour the underbelly of a vile society, while Lorna tries to keep a sixteen-year-old secret hidden from Weslin. But Kuwar has secrets of its own. Will Lorna unravel them before her daughter pays the ultimate price?

Includes extra content: Behind the Scenes, Kuwar, Character Interview, and Cover Evolution....
Stand-Up Guy, by Laurie BrownStories of sex, drugs and violence are told by a guy who did it all except rat on his friends. Nostalgic, blunt, touching and brutal, its a fast-paced journey into and out of the days and nights of a street level gangster. From jacking the pumps at the local Texaco to disappearing owing the mob money, this is a true story of twenty years on the streets of Brooklyn and Long Island selling drinks, women and drugs along the way.  The story is a fast drive that starts with recruitment by Tommy Toupee and speeds straight into the dark nights and early morning hours of hardcore gangster life. Experience what it was like to break a knee-cap, hustle a chick, hide out in Florida and wash prison laundry while trippin on acid. Twen...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2013, 08:09:41 AM »
Euthanasia, by Mack MullunceyShe lies on the cold, metal table--clad in a loose, white paper dress--waiting, waiting, waiting, as her lover claims his next victim.  When Alex left the clinic that day, she thought she could move on from the rape that left her pregnant and the agonizing decision to have an abortion. That is, until the child she thought she left behind contacts her. Terrorized by mysterious phone calls and guilt, Alex feels her sanity slipping away as she becomes convinced that she must find the man who brutalized her to make a family for her dead daughter.  Anti-abortion crusader Tobin Bartell wouldn't have it any other way. As The Leader of The Movement, when he's not organizing protests or giving speeches, he's orchest...
The Warring States, by Greg StrandbergWar looms in the land that will one day become China.  Seven States battle for power and influence in the waning days of the Zhou Dynasty, and each of them wants to be the best.  The State of Wei's power has been growing steadily, and long-sought recognition is finally within reach.  A ceremony or honor is called in the capital city of Luoyang, but it quickly becomes apparent that things aren't quite what they seem.  This dazzling novel, the first in an epic historical fiction series, will thrill young and old alike.  Historical fiction has never been more alive, and the people and places of China have never felt closer.  Discover the ancient origins of China like you never have before!...
XGeneration 1: You Don't Know Me, by Brad MagnarellaIn the fall of 1984, Cold War tensions between Washington and Moscow are close to breaking.

But in sleepy Gainesville, Florida, fourteen-year-old Janis Graystone is mainly worried about starting high school, earning a spot on the varsity soccer team, and keeping her older sister from running her life. And then there are her nighttime experiences. Experiences where she awakens in her backyardout of her bodywith the disturbing sense that someone is watching her.

For Scott Spruel, the start of high school means the chance to start over. And hes willing to ditch everythingcomputer hacking, Dungeons & Dragons marathons, even his comic book collection (well, except for his X-Men)if it means getting closer ...
Shadows of the Midnight Sun, by Graham Brown...to enter the light, one must first confront their own darkness...   In the dark corners of the world, a battle rages for the souls of the damned. They're known as The Fallen, souls afflicted with a curse that leaves them empty, violent, but immortal. The church calls them demons, vampires or the Nosferatu. For centuries a holy order known as The Righteous Fire has sought to destroy them, all the while hiding a secret that connects them, the church, to the beginning of the Nosferatu scourge. But as the events of an ancient prophecy begin to unfold, time may be running out for both groups, as the path ahead may bring forgiveness or destruction to one and all.   While investigating a string of disappearances connected to...
The Sanity Paradox, by J. William LatimerWhen famed author Samuel Grayson finally sobered up and came clean to his wife Melanie about his out-of-town benders, he gave up more than blackouts and bouts of depression. He also lost the voice of the fictional undercover cop that made him a household name.

In a desperate bid to save his career, Grayson agrees to an unusual meeting with a mysterious new publishing firm. But restoring his prominence in the crime fiction business isn't his only motive. The potential publisher had whispered three simple words that have haunted Grayson for decadesthree words no one should have ever known.

When the meeting ends in tragedy, Grayson and his wife are thrust into a dangerous world of religious extremism and mental i...
You Have Chosen to Remember: A Journey from Perception to Knowledge, Peace of Mind and Joy, by James Blanchard CisnerosYou Have Chosen to Remember is an incredibly inspiring book filled with simple, yet very effective, strategies for remembering your higher self, and embodying self-awareness, forgiveness, peace of mind and joy - in your everyday life....
Powerhouse: Hard Pressed (Adventures of Powerhouse), by Adam GrahamDave Johnsons dreams have come true. Hes taken Seattle by storm as Powerhouse, a metal-clad crime fighter. His awesome array of powers has the underworld on the run, his charitable efforts are a success, and he has a popular comic book. When his publisher is bought out, hes given every fans dream: hes tasked with creating his own line of comic books. His biggest problem is his tendency to attract campy, wannabe supervillains who arent worthy opponents.  Mitch the Pharaoh Farrow wants to turn Daves dream into a nightmare. Mitchs job is to spread cynicism ahead of an interdimensional alien invasion. The aliens king has promised to cure Mitchs dying daughter when he takes over and Mitch will ...
The Earth's True Children, by Richard CubittThe Earths True Children is a mythical tragedy featuring an element of science fiction/fantasy, set in an ancient time akin to that of the classical Greek era - Founded by a group of separatists who had become disenchanted with the decadence rife in the other six great northern city-states of the world, the city of Anaxagorus and its citizens pride themselves on their crusade for knowledge and moral adherence. Hylax, the son of Heracon the late but still revered pioneer of the city has grown tired of government and seeks a simple life. Struggling to deal with his obligation to his fathers legacy and his own feelings of disillusionment with mankind, he tries to find a way of satisfying himself and his people. But when his old c...
Holes in the World: A Collection of Short Stories, by Richard CubittThis book is an eclectic compilation of nine short stories of different genres. It includes: 'The Grief of Lawrence Gould' - a tale of dubious ghostly events that plague a man suffering with the death of his wife; 'Masks' - where a young protege of the curator of the Capponi Library, Italy, is kidnapped; 'The Blockade Runner' - a science fiction story charting the exposure of high-level corruption; 'Silk' - a horror tale featuring a lurking aberration of nature; 'Hideous Humanity' - a vitriolic and outrageous polemic of Western 21st Century Society, featuring a man who has reached the end of his tether; and more....

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2013, 09:39:05 PM »
DEATH: A Mildly Amusing Play for Atheists and Agnostics, by Richard CubittDeath, the renowned spectre of mortality, is suffering through a crisis. Feeling ensnared and unable to reconcile Gods divine plan with his own sense of morality, he meets with the Archangel Michael in a cloud above Sinai to discuss his predicament. Encountering a mad evangelist, a foul-mouthed oracle, a Klingon-speaking demon, and some of the most notorious villains in history, Death tries his utmost to resolve his doubts. But will he be able to achieve his goal without incurring the wrath of God?

Set in the present day, Death: A Mildly Amusing Play for Atheists and Agnostics, is a darkly comedic story that muses on Christian mythology and the power of storytelling. It assumes that John Miltons Paradise Lost is the true ...
Song and Signal, by M. E. PattersonCan a teenage hacker change the fate of the universe? Or will a nanite-wielding assassin reach him first?  Seventeen year-old genius Zakari Sharp has never stood on the surface of a planet, never seen a sun-streaked sky. He lives on a corporate-owned mining facility at the edge of the solar system, with a mute alien for a guardian and brainwashed, muscle-bound ex-convicts for company. The day his father vanished was so long ago that Zak thought he would never hear from him again.  Zak was wrong.  Now, chased off-station by a cabal of mythical assassins, Zak and his best friend Liz embark on a harrowing journey across the galaxy, to find his father's hiding place and learn the universe-shaking...
Murder at Cold Creek College (Cold Creek #1), by Christa NardiSheridan Hendley is a professor and psychologist, not a sleuth.  When her colleague at Cold Creek College, Adam Millberg, is murdered, she is charged with helping the Detective assigned to the case.  Immediately, her good friend becomes the prime suspect and Sheridan is motivated to help solve the case and prove Kim isnt guilty. It also becomes apparent that Sheridan is attracted to the handsome Detective.  As Sheridan tries to implement the crisis plan on campus and connect all the people in Adams life, she finds out that many women have a motive for Adams murder. Slashed tires are the first indication that Sheridans involvement is obviously making someone nervous....
Load the Boat (Darla King Mystery Series), by Rosalee RichlandDarla's life just isn't turning out the way she planned. Darla King left her position as a Florida investigator hoping to avoid any further involvement with law enforcementbut her curiosity keeps getting in her way. Darla is beginning to realize that what she envisioned as the simple life of a square dance caller is not so simple after all. When she agrees to serve as a
 square dance caller on a cruise, she plans on a little work and a lot of fun, sun, and romance. Instead, she and her friends encounter black market porn, a dead crew member, and a mysterious man with a satchel. In addition, another passenger, Mandy, seems to be in the thick of it and getting a lot of Doug's attention.  Darla lands in danger, escaping only with on-t...
Grace the Maid, by Micki StreetIn Sandton, South Africa, the Melja complex is abuzz with gossip. Grace's long-time employer, Bonnie Beaufort, is finally pregnant, but there is a dilemma. Bonnie's husband, Neville, has left her for his secretary before she can share the wonderful news.  Grace's head is full of bees as she embarks on a self-imposed mission to find Bonnie a suitable husband before the baby is born. Grace confabs with the other maids in the complex to secure Clive Winterton, Bonnie's handsome neighbour. But first she must visit the Sangoma for his valid advice and direction. What she doesn't bank on are some shocking truths about Neville and the intentions of his pushy parents when they find out about the pregnancy. ...
You're Strong Enough : A Quest To Discover Who You Really Are, by Kassi PontiousA Quest to Discover who You really are
Are you lost and confused about the purpose of life and who you are?  In You're Strong Enough you will discover who you are, why you are here, where you came from and what happens after this Earthly life. You're Strong Enough takes teenage and young adult readers on a self-discovery quest. You will learn how Satan came about, and when Jesus Christ started His reign as our Redee...
Blitz Kid (Rachel Pearse), by Eliza GrahamLondon 1940. Rachel is alone and adrift in a stricken city as the Blitz reaches its most deadly stage and thousands die in nightly air raids. Her father is under arrest as a suspected spy, her mother seriously ill in hospital. As bombers pound the city each night, she struggles to survive in the blackout alongside Londons criminals and to unearth the real traitors. A young man offers her friendship and support. Can she trust him, or is he just an opportunistic looter viewing her as another victim of war to exploit? Young adult/12-plus. Published in British English....
Son of a Gunfighter, by Van HoltOn Sale for a Limited Time! Regularly $7.99

SON OF A GUNFIGHTER
    Dan Whittons father was the most hunted and desperate killer the west had ever knownnot hunted by the law, but by the man who had
 destroyed his chance of living in peace with the girl he loved.
    Now Bob Whitton was dead, and the man who had finally succeeded in having him killed was still alive, fat and prosperous and gloating in his triumph, and already planning a similar fate for Bob Whittons son, Dan.
    So Dan Whitton strapped on his guns and headed for the wild Cimarron country where his father had spent so much time, hunted by his enemies. Those who were still alive would soon be hunting Dan Whitton.

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2013, 03:54:48 PM »
Yesterday to Tomorrow (The Women of Lakeshore Drive), by Sheryl FawcettLiving alone after decades of marriage, friends Carrie, Glenda, and Suzanne decide to celebrate Christmas by taking a three week Pacific cruise. The trip is meant to be about laughter, strawberry daiquiris, and above all, forgetting. But lies, confrontations, and romantic entanglements pose unexpected threats.

When Carrie befriends a widower in desperate need of companionship, he could take her down to the depths of despair. A dyslexic teenager just might unlock new purpose in Glenda's future, if her association with him doesn't destroy her reputation first. And Suzanne is startled by the strong physical attraction she feels for a handsome stranger, but will she lose everything by giving in to her passion'

Throw in...
H.E.L.L. Substation: The Last Stand of Gary Sykes (Human Extinction Level Loss), by Philip McClimon  FOR A LIMITED TIME! WAS 1.99 NOW 0.99!                                     When the Zombie Apocalypse hits, the power will fail.  Within two days the grid will go down.  Everyone knows that.  Gary Sykes knew it too.    From his mundane job at Tres Hombres substation, Gary saw it coming, knew that the horrific events being reported on the news were only going to get worse.  The Zombie Apocalypse was here and the days ahead were going to be dark, except Gary Sykes had a plan, a plan that just might keep the lights burning a little longer.   When Nicole Bennett and her band of survivors had to fight for their lives, they could do it with the lights on thanks to the efforts and sacrifice o...
Before The Flood, by John ShermanAn atheist journalist in San Francisco receives an invitation to tell the story of a young street artist claiming to be the Second Coming of Christ.  Despite his misgivings, the reporter accepts the assignment and begins to learn more about this young mans life.  As he delves deeper into the story, the journalist slowly begins to believe in the boys sincerity, but the more he uncovers, the more unsettled he becomes as he starts to ask unanswerable questions has this boy been sent from above'  If so, has he come to save us from our sins or punish us for them'...
The Last Goodbye (The Women of Independence), by Mona IngramEveryone Danielle Flynn has ever loved has left her without saying goodbye. When her Uncle Jake allows his friend Seans production company to shoot on his ranch, she fights her attraction to the movies director, Grayson Crawford. After all, Grayson is heading back to California once filming is over, and she has no intention of letting him take her heart when he leaves... with or without a goodbye.
   To make things worse, her Uncle Jake, a confirmed bachelor, starts acting like a teenager every time hes around Carmen Santangelo, the woman who plays the mother of one of the actors. But when Carmen is offered the role of a lifetime, its a stark reminder that she and Jake come from two separate worlds.
    Torn between he...
Awaiting Her Confinement, by Laura Jane LeighWarning: this book contains adult scenes and is intended for adults only.  MONTREAL, 1894. Rachel Mathison is a beautiful young woman who lives with her elderly father in a mansion on the slopes of Mount Royal. One day, she meets a handsome young Englishman, Andrew Cameron. He is a widower with a small son. His wife is believed to have died in childbirth or, as the Victorians would say, while being confined.  Mr Cameron is charming and Rachel soon falls in love. Despite warnings from her friends, she marries him and they set off for their honeymoon in England. At first, Rachel is gloriously happy, exploring London with her new husband. Things begin to go wrong, however, as soon as Andrews sister arrives with his son....
Lost and Found, by Chris Van HakesDelaney Curtis just broke up with her boyfriend and moved halfway across the country to start her life over, a life that does not include men, especially not her perpetually grouchy neighbor, Oliver. He calls her ugly, hates her clothes, and has a trail of women leaving his apartment.

Oliver Webber can't seem to stop insulting his new next door neighbor, the unnervingly sweet Delaney. He plans to stay far away from her and everyone else and lick his wounds after unrequited love. Except he keeps running into Delaney, and she's so fun, and kind, and pretty. Before long, he's making up excuses to spend time with her.

Soon they're in the middle of a blossoming friendship. But when exes come back to find Delaney and O...
Neighbourhood Witch (A Paranormal Romance), by RK MooreA cursed witch is the loneliest kind.  Shunned by her small community, Henny Wilson knows this very well. Suffering constant accidents, she keeps away from people for their own safety. But her new neighbour, Nathan, has other ideas. He believes the curse is just in her head. As they grow closer and feelings develop between them, Nathan vows to show Henny that she doesn't have to suffer any longer....
The Dragon Brood War (episode 1): It Walks Among Men, by A.R. WilliamsGerhardt is hired to kill a priest, but his instincts tell him there is more to the job than hes being told. He questions the man who hired him and discovers that the priest hes sent to kill isn't human at all--but a demon.

Undeterred, Gerhardt accepts the job. When he arrives at the cathedral, he realizes he knows the target. Somehow, Gerhardts past and future are connected to this mysterious priest, one in which his bloodline plays an important role in the war between gods, dragons, and men....
You Have Chosen to Remember: A Journey from Perception to Knowledge, Peace of Mind and Joy, by James Blanchard CisnerosThe awareness, peace of mind and joy that you are yearning for is available to you now.

Anything real that has been obtained by religious leaders or spiritual gurus is also obtainable to you. In fact, awareness, peace of mind and joy are not so much obtained as they are realized and remembered.

Love, harmony and awareness are natural qualities of your soul. If you simply extend what you truly are, you will create more beauty than anything that could or has ever been built.

There are many paths you may choose to take in order to realize awareness, peace of mind and joy in your life. The journey will be as complicated as you choose to make it, or as easy as you allow it to be. This book provides si...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2013, 02:51:05 PM »
Easy Mexican Cooking - Mexican Cooking Recipes Made Simple At Home, by J Mahoney                  Are You Ready to Create the Most Amazing, Authentic Mexican Cooking You've Ever Tasted?  Introducing - Easy Mexican Cooking - Mexican Cooking Recipes Made Simple At Home  Have you ever really truly tasted all original and 100% authentic Mexican Food?   If you haven't, you're in for a real treat!  What you currently call Mexican food may just be the American version of it. Or it could simply be "Tex-Mex" food (which also tastes great!) But if you have ever dreamed of creating authentic Mexican cooking ...
Trouble in Jonguria (The Jongurian Trilogy, Book Two), by Greg StrandbergThe Jongurian Mission is over and its time to pick up the pieces.  In the East the rebel Warlord Zhou Lao strengthens his grip on the country of Jonguria.  While in the West new plots are hatched that could once again put Adjuria on the path to civil war.

When the king of Adjuria decides that hell take it upon himself to have an audience with the Jongurian emperor, all deals are off.  A perilous mission is embarked upon, and its clear that there'll be trouble in Jonguria....
Delusional, by Scott SpotsonDont believe everything you see! When rising marketing executive Patricia Fowler falls for Paul Blast, a married co-worker, she tries to put her life into perspectivea task that becomes increasingly difficult when she starts having eerie hallucinations. Patricias dreams of a happily ever after turn into one nightmare after another as she battles threats that go beyond her imagination. Is her new love behind the torment? After all, his former girlfriend ended up in an asylum. Or could Pauls wife be more than a bored, spoiled, rich girl? Meanwhile, the FBI is trying to track down a thief who magically appears and disappears, taking priceless gems and artwork with her. Delusional is a fast-paced thril...
Dead Energy. An Alex Cave adventure. Episode 1., by James M CorkillDEAD ENERGY IS EXCITING! FAST PACED! AN ACTION ADVENTURE THAT YOU WONT WANT TO PUT DOWN! IT WILL KEEP YOU UP ALL NIGHT TURNING THE PAGES!
 Alex Cave is leisurely cruising his sailboat in Puget Sound when a hysterical voice on an oil tanker begs for help on the radio! He sees the behemoth ship through his binoculars an instant before it is engulfed in a brilliant flash of white light, and when he responds to the mayday and arrives before the coast Guard, he discovers the crew and 80,000 tons of crude oil have mysteriously vanished without a trace!
 Alex Cave is just a geophysics teacher for a university in the town of Bozeman, Montana, USA, but he is also ex-CIA. The Director of National Security, Martin Donner, is his friend, ...
The Alliday Poem Book of Silly Celebrations, by S.M. WesterlieThe Alliday Poem Book of Silly Celebrations features themes from the amusingly mundane to the severely bizarre. Flip to any date, and in addition to the varied and clever poetry, you might find fun facts, though-provoking quotes, or captivating bios on major historical figures born that day. Readers will become more familiar with heroes from Feng-Shan Ho to Florence Nightingale. Teens, tweens, daydreamers, lovers of learning, and the young-at-heart will appreciate this book. Among the poetic forms included are rondeau, terza rima, limerick, tetractys, cinquain, pantoum, enclosed rhyme, haiku, double dactyl, and epigram. Alliday is a useful tool for learning about the intricacies of poetry, but more than that, its flat-out family-friendly...
The Unholy Trinity - Origins, by Daniel GageSix of the seven seals of the Apocalypse are broken.  The key to breaking the last seal is a half demon named Katie, a succubus who doesn't know what she is, with a power she can't control.  Coming to her aid is Rebecca, a teenage necromancer whose dad has gone insane. And Jacob, a two thousand year-old demon seeking redemption for his sins.  The odds are against them, but these three unlikely companions may be all that stands between the world and its destruction.  **Contains the first six Novellas of The Unholy Trinity! And all original artwork!**...
The Day the Siren Stopped, by Colette CabotKathy Mae had endured years of dismissals, poverty and abuse for reasons that were never understandable to her. Since a small child, she has always been told how useless and worthless she was; and growing up she believed it. Now, nearly 30, she has decided to stop living that life and make a new one for herself.  She checks out a self-help book from the local library that is supposed to change her life, and boy does it! With stubborn determination she finds herself with a new job, a life, and more surprising than anything, a new man.  This intriguing man sees her for herself, for what she truly is... beautiful.  Her life becomes an adventure as she finds herself in the throes of passion one minute and running f...
Marked Man, by Jared PaulJordan Ross, a former Green Beret black ops specialist, finds himself being a depressed drunk after his wife and 5 year old daughter are killed in a tragic car accident. After his amnesia clears Jordan discovers that his family's tragic accident wasn't by chance but was a sanctioned hit by the Russian Mob.

His wife, Sarah Ross, was an activist that helped rescue girls from criminal sex trafficking operations. This cost the Russians millions in lost revenue and put a huge target on her back.

Jordan teams up with Detective Leslie Bollier and FBI Agent Kyle Clemons to bring down the same Russian gang they've been investigating for years. Battling dirty cops, and corrupt government officials all on Russian payroll, Jo...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2013, 04:04:51 PM »
Santana is Coming to Town (Twelve Months of Romance - December), by Margaret LakeSantana Olivas favorite holiday is Christmas and this is the first Christmas shes been home in three years. But her joy at being home turns into shock and fear when she faces the near loss of her family.

As the Olivas work together to reclaim their lives, Santana realizes that, if she wants it badly enough, the spirit of Christmas just might bring her the greatest gift shes ever received.

Hollywood Heartthrob, by Clarissa CarlyleAmy Prince was just a regular girl, in a regular teaching job, until Hollywood heartthrob, Josh Roberts came to shoot a movie on the campus where she teaches. Then her whole world got turned upside down!  Can any good come from a regular girl dating the hottest, most desired guy in Hollywood? Find out now in this enjoyable and romantic love story.  This is a new adult contemporary romance novella featuring a college professor of approx. 27,400 words. It's a short, fun, quick read!...
The Unexpected Enlightenment of Rachel Griffin, by L. Jagi Lamplighter    L. Jagi Lamplighter, a fantastic new voice and a fabulous new world in the YA market! Rachel Griffin is a hero who never gives up! I cheered her all the way!
    Faith Hunter, author of the Skinwalker series

Rachel Griffin wants to know everything. As a freshman at Roanoke Academy for the Sorcerous Arts, she has been granted to opportunity to study both mundane and magical subjects.

But even her perfect recollection of every book she has ever read does not help her when she finds a strange statue in the foresta statue of a woman with wings. Nowhereneither in the arcane tomes of the Wise, nor in the dictionary and encyclopedia of the non-magic-using Unwarycan she find mention of such a creat...
The Second Oldest Profession:  Book One, by D.W. UlstermanLust.  Power.  Politics.

Noted bestselling political writer D.W. Ulsterman takes readers into the torrid underbelly of Washington D.C., where powerful figures exist in a world dominated by power and lust, and winning is the only rule that matters.

Colin O'Shea is the young, politically talented new addition to a longtime congressman's D.C. staff.  He soon finds himself immersed in dealings of deception and intrigue at the highest levels of national politics, and a too - willing participant in the life of a beautiful and dangerous prostitute.

"This story was hot!!!  It's like 50 Shades had a one night stand with C-Span!"  -PC

"As usual, D.W. Ulsterman manages to keep the reader glued to his...
Alice's Story (Dawson Ranch Series (Prequel)), by Kathleen BallBefore Annie Douglas came into Burke Dawson's life, there was Alice, his first wife and one of his biggest mistakes. But why couldn't Burke make it work with Alice? Find out in this prequel to Texas Haven....
And So This Is Christmas, by Pam CovertA blank page looks completely different depending on where you are in life when that page appears in front of you.  For Jillian Francis, who prefers to quietly and privately mourn the loss of the father of her unborn child, her blank page becomes filled with Everything Baby and Everything Christmas.     Believing herself to be in one of those spaces between life, when life isnt really happening, she soon discovers that there is no such space, that life is always happening.  Through the help of her would have been in-laws, her childhood friend, an intrusive neighbor, and her own tendency toward wit and sarcasm, Jillian finds her way back to a life she never expected to live, and never expected to love....
Too Beautiful to be Working Nights (Arthur Murray Thrillers), by David ThayerIn 1964 New York, charismatic insurance investigator Arthur Murray is falling in love with a beautiful young widow, Thea Monroe. A ship in the harbor has brought a Cuban defector, a murderer, and thief to New York just in time for Che Guevaras visit to the United Nations. Thea is accused of insurance fraud and is under threat from a mobster who wants revenge for his losses in Havana, revenge that could ignite a new Cuban missile crisis.
 Arthur has to choose between Theas safety and his own as he battles powerful forces plotting to throw the world into turmoil. Can either of them survive and stay together?
Surviving With Joe (A Joe Anderson Novel), by Paul Andrulis"Joe Anderson was supposedly on the plane.   The sound from the launcher's control box almost startled Olaf as he intently stared at the screen, his face eerily highlighted in green light. A red dot was centered in a bright green circle on the launchers screen as he gently pressed the firing switch.   Fire streaked out into the air, a brilliant white star in the fading light, trailing a column of white smoke. The rocket accelerated towards the plane and then ended its short life with a fiery blast. "   The war is over and it is TEOTWAWKI, the end of the world as we know it.   Joe Anderson must survive threats from both man and nature in this action and adventure packed dystopian su...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2013, 03:59:57 PM »
The Redcaps' Queen, by Danielle Ackley-McPhailThe Hunt is On!     When strength becomes weakness... And hope becomes doubt... As the past collides with the future...hard... Can Suzanne-Wild Hunt biker chick and one-time member of the fae High Court-stand strong as her world falls apart?     She survived an assault by redcaps, an all-out battle with the High King's armies, and her first encounter with roller derby... but how will she fare against her inner demons?     Caught in the midst of a transformation she scarcely realizes and does not understand, her hard-won convictions are tested as never before. Suzanne is left with only one question-what if they're wrong?     The truth could mean the difference between saving her sanity and losing her soul...
Squirrels in the Hood, by Lisa MaligaWhen Sunshine the cat departs in 2006, the second story balcony she occupied is very empty. Now that birds can be fed, the author does so, also attracting an array of hungry squirrels. Follow the adventures of Alpha, Doc, Cocoa Butter and other squirrel-friends as they dine in the Bird & Squirrel Caf located in the Miracle Mile district of Los Angeles. SQUIRRELS IN THE HOOD includes 19 color photos taken by the author....
Flashback, by Maria HammarbladSteve Petersen is a very troubled man. Sole survivor of a Taliban POW camp, he often thinks only parts of him returned; his sanity appears to have been left behind. He seeks solace in alcohol and drugs, but nothing helps block the images from his mind for more than minutes at a time, and he is trapped in horrifying flashbacks.  He is more than surprised when he wakes up in a bright and merry bedroom that turns out to belong to the widow Anna, a woman he has rudimentary memories of meeting. Knowing he should leave isnt the same as doing it, and before he knows whats happening, he finds himself pulled into a world with real life problems, such as folding laundry, and whats for dinner.  Whiskey is no longer his fir...
Love Waltzes In (Dancing Under The Stars), by Alana AlbertsonGET READY WHEN LOVE WALTZES IN!    To her millions of fans, ballroom champion Selena Marcil seems to have the perfect life: a great dance partner, a hit reality show, and celebrity perks. But underneath the glamorous ball gowns, Selena longs to find someone to share her life with when the stage lights dim.    Selena's childhood sweetheart, Bret Lord, hung up his dance shoes after winning two national titles with her as a teenager, and enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. He never saw his former fiance  again, except on television and on the cover of men's magazines. Ten years and three deployments later, Bret gets an offer to audition for Selena's dance show. When the Marine Corps gives him t...
Daughter of Oreveille (Oreveille Cycle, Book One), by Tricia BalladHow much will Brianna be forced to sacrifice to protect the life - and the man - she has chosen? She has never been afraid to break the rules, but when she rejects yet another fine young man from a powerful House, she risks more than disapproval: since her fathers death in the jotnar wars, the House of Oreveille has been without a Defender. Her mothers second husband has neglected his duties, and allowed the estate to fall into decay. Rumors are flying that Oreveille, which has stood on the border between Gaia and the Faeland for thousands of years, may soon fall. Brianna does not intend to repeat her mothers mistakes, but to save Oreveille she must weigh the fate of her people, and the safety of the Faeland, against the desires of...
Epic Apocalypse - Apocalyptic Horror Boxed Set - 6+ Bundle, by Mark TufoOn sale for $0.99 - Limited time offer! Regularly priced at $9.99
Epic Apocalypse Boxed Set  Welcome to the Apocalypse  Tis' the season for all things that go bump in the night.  Today's top selling horror authors bring to you this boxed set of six full length apocalyptic tales and a teaser from award winning author Joe McKinney.  Turn the lights off, enjoy the ride and find out what is lurking under your bed.    Mark Tufo - Zombie Fallout  "Working as both straight up survival fiction and comedy, Mark Tufo's FALLOUT is a gory, laugh out loud tale of a community of heroes, cowards and misfits strugglin...
Earthaways, by Brenda J. CarltonIn this quirky tongue in cheek science fiction novel observers from outer space were left behind to monitor our planet tens of thousands of years ago. They live in hiding, watching and waiting for humans to develop. They have been called leprechauns, fairies, elves, or one of hundreds of other names. And humans have never been the smartest creatures on the planet.

But the secret is beginning to fray.  Suzanne, a primatologist at the Philadelphia Zoo, has published a book proposing that many creatures of legend are based on sightings of a real species of secretive intelligent primates.  Denzel and Madonna, the Earth nicknames of a pair of adolescent leps longing to be part of Earth society, are beginning to bend the rules and re...
Dead Man Riding, by Van HoltPre-release pricing for a limited time! Regularly $7.99
 DEAD MAN RIDING
 In this Eastwoodish western, no one in that troubled part of Texas had ever heard of anyone named Fanton, but that was the name prodigal brother Hawk Spradlin whispered just before he pulled his gun on a quiet, grim stranger and got himself killed.

It happened one evening just before dark in Hoot Spradlins dugout store and saloon. The skinflint rancher was saving his coal oil until full darkness forced him to light a lamp, and he could not see the stranger clearly. But he got the drop on the tall man from behind with his shotgun, disarmed him and with the help of his lawless riders he hung Fanton to a cottonwood tree and left ...

Offline vs10155

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2013, 09:34:12 AM »
This thread is my new book recommendation resource.

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »
Reckoning (Ashes #2), by Kelly CozyRemorse...
 All Sean Kincaid wanted was to use his Special Operative skills to bring a domestic terrorist to justice. But he left a trail of bodies in his wake: foes, colleagues - and an innocent woman. Now he's pursued by enemies, while desperately searching for a way to make amends.

Revenge...
 Deirdre Monahan was expecting a happy afternoon with her cousin Anna. But she found a corpse abandoned like trash - and no one who could tell her why. Now Deirdre's looking for answers, and bent on giving whoever killed Anna the gift of knowing Deirdre's pain.

In Ashes, Sean sacrificed everything. In this thrilling sequel, there will be ... a Reckoning....
ULTIMATE Work from Home FREELANCE JOBS:  How to Make Money Online at Home with 70+ Legitimate Companies!, by KT BellDo you want to work from home?  Do you also want the freedom to make your own schedule, be your own boss and still make a lucrative income?  Then your next opportunity could be waiting for you in this book

Ultimate Work from Home Freelance Jobs gives you the exact steps to find freelance work at home opportunities with over 70 companies!  Whether you are a writer,  teacher,  IT professional, salesperson, linguist, graphics designer, photographer, phone agent, registered nurse, video producer - even an apparel designer or ANYTHING in between, there is something for YOU in this book!

Now is your chance to start working online with a great company or through your own home based business.   Don't let this opportu...
Prometheans, by Anastasia LeachBio-hacking. Synthetic life. Quantum minds. Welcome to the world of The Prometheans  In these four haunting tales of the near future, Anastasia Leach explores the biopunk and quantum intelligence age in all its promise and horror. Be ready for:  *"Prometheans" The good news: there isn't an injury you can't heal. The bad news: everyone wants a piece of you, the literal kind.  *"A Happy Place" The Geiste are quantum minds in human bodies. In theory, they should be a thriving blend of both. In practice...  *"Colony"There is something alive in the dark water. But, not to worry, it's only looking for a home.  *"The Mentor" A kid with a knack for synthetic biology has a girl to impr...
The Hellbound Man, by Van HoltOn sale for a limited time! Regularly $7.99.
 THE HELLBOUND MAN
 Jim Benton had come to think of himself as the hellbound man because he seemed to be headed in that direction. But there were some interesting stops along the way. One such stop was a lawless little town called Rustler's Roost in honor of some charming young men who seemed to think other men's cattle, horses and women were theirs for the taking.
 But Benton had them worried. He didn't seem afraid of them and when somebody shot at him he shot back with alarming accuracy. They were afraid somebody had sent for him to put a stop to the rustling. One of the local ranchers or perhaps old Charlie Fry who had the biggest store in town and two beauti...
Desolation Run, by James Snyder70-something Oreny "Big" Johnson has a problem. Actually, he has two. Or maybe three. The first is that he'll be dead from cancer, less than a year, which doesn't particularly concern him: "Things I've been through, dying is just one more page in a long bad book." But spending his last living days, taking his last living breath, behind steel bars does. That's the second problem: Inmate #78903 in the notorious level-four Washington State prison known as Horseneck Bay.  Then there's the money. Two million dollars of stolen military payroll, supposedly buried in some remote and mysterious south-Texas mountain range called Los Despoblados, or The Uninhabited, which sounds to Oreny like one of those places his Mama Maybell always told ...
God, Monsters, & Antigrav Underwear, by Robin ReedAre you feeling down? Unhappy? Do you get your recommended daily dose of guffawing? Pick up this book and you will find Gods eating habits, a vampire birthday party, civil rights for zombies, a funeral parlor with an unusual side business, love gone horribly wrong, the unofficial history of the Fourth of July, and many other strange and twisted oddities. Not recommended for reading at work, in a courtroom, at your parole hearing, or any other location where uncontrollable giggling is frowned upon. Not for the easily offended. Or even the not-quite-as-easily-offended. On smaller screens, most of the cartoons look best in landscape mode....
Accidents & Incidents, by Riley GrahamSometimes finding love means taking the scenic route

Living with her faultfinding mother has taught Leslie not to ask for much. Just watch your step, stay on the sidelines, and take what you can get. But she wants a mom who thanks her for cleaning the kitchen instead of yelling at her for missing a spot, and a boyfriend who does more than score her a seat at the popular tablesomeone who actually notices her sitting there.

So when Cain, the school heartbreaker, turns his Carolina blue eyes her way, Leslie cant help but be tempted, even if hes her boyfriends best friend. Things get even more complicated when Leslie strikes up unlikely friendships with Meredith, Cains girlfriend, and Dennis, a boy a...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2013, 01:57:33 PM »
Accidents & Incidents, by Riley GrahamSometimes finding love means taking the scenic route

Living with her faultfinding mother has taught Leslie not to ask for much. Just watch your step, stay on the sidelines, and take what you can get. But she wants a mom who thanks her for cleaning the kitchen instead of yelling at her for missing a spot, and a boyfriend who does more than score her a seat at the popular tablesomeone who actually notices her sitting there.

So when Cain, the school heartbreaker, turns his Carolina blue eyes her way, Leslie cant help but be tempted, even if hes her boyfriends best friend. Things get even more complicated when Leslie strikes up unlikely friendships with Meredith, Cains girlfriend, and Dennis, a boy a...
Strange Metamorphosis (Fantasy Adventure Novel), by P.C.R. MonkWhen a boy is faced with a choice between two tracks for his future, an unlikely source sends him on an incredible expedition across a meadow-- becoming a bug in the process. Forced to trust his instincts and follow his heart, he must complete his fabulous and terrifying quest before it is too late to return to the land of humans.   A fantasy of astonishing depth and resonance, Monk's tale of self-discovery and escape from family pressures is as entertaining as it is fulfilling. His use of Marcel's metamorphosis as metaphor exposes the weird and wonderful world that exists right under our feet.   Sans wizards, witches, or dragons, Strange Metamorphosis instead features dragonflies, a legendary tree, and a gallfly ...
Paleo Beginners Cookbook - Paleo Diet Solutions & Recipes, by Ned Campbell Get Ready To Enjoy Amazing Paleo Recipes That Are Not Only Great For Your Body... But Taste Absolutely Fantastic!   Introducing- Paleo Beginner's Cookbook:  Paleo Diet Solutions & Recipes  by Ned Campbell. Finally One Guide and Paleo Diet Recipe Book That Has It All - A Paleo Cookbook For Beginners  The Perfect Introduction To Anyone New To Paleo Cooking!  As you know, The paleo diet is taking the world by storm because not only does it make people feel great, but they also are becoming more...
It Had To Be You, by K. P. Taylor    Foolish Me

Foolish You

We Loved and Laughed

As couples do

I Loved you Once

You Loved me Too

Can we again?

Love Once More

As couples do?

Legend Trippers, by Michael CahillLegend Tripping: to seek out and investigate sites of heightened paranormal phenomena.

Fifteen-year-old Zachary Larkin wants to find a monster. His plan? A new school club. Its mission: discover living, breathing proof of the paranormal. Its members: Zacharys three best friends, his young next-door-neighbor, and a teacher who doesnt know Sasquatch from Saskatchewan.

Their first case brings them to a small town plagued with sightings of unexplained beasts. Murderous Mercreatures? Check. Bloodthirsty birdmen? Naturally. Organ-harvesting Chupacabras and a fire-spewing dragon? Oh yeah.

When the horde launches an all-out assault, the Legend Trippers must make a do-or-die choice: fight back or let the...
You Have Chosen to Remember: A Journey from Perception to Knowledge, Peace of Mind and Joy, by James Blanchard CisnerosThe awareness, peace of mind and joy that you are yearning for is available to you now.

Anything real that has been obtained by religious leaders or spiritual gurus is also obtainable to you. In fact, awareness, peace of mind and joy are not so much obtained as they are realized and remembered.

Love, harmony and awareness are natural qualities of your soul. If you simply extend what you truly are, you will create more beauty than anything that could or has ever been built.

There are many paths you may choose to take in order to realize awareness, peace of mind and joy in your life. The journey will be as complicated as you choose to make it, or as easy as you allow it to be. This book provides si...
Made in Acapulco (The Emilia Cruz Stories), by Carmen Amato                  MADE IN ACAPULCO is a collection of short stories featuring Emilia Cruz, the first and only female detective on the Acapulco police force. With hot nights on the beach and suspense straight out of the news, the series goes inside Mexico's drug war with a fearless style and a woman who will be hard to forget.  The stories in MADE IN ACAPULCO take place before the action in the full-length Emilia Cruz mystery novels, including CLIFF DIVER and HAT DANCE. They have the same fast and dangerous vibe that caused Kirkus Reviews to say this about CLIFF DIVER: "Consistently exciting . . . A clever Mexican detective tale that will leave readers eager for the series' next installment."  MADE IN ACAPULCO c...
RESTORATION, by Todd UtleyNOTE: I HAVE REWORKED THIS BOOK TO CORRECT GRAMMAR AND FORMATING ISSUES AS OF 10/7/13. I took advice from reviewers and fixed the format and grammar.  I hope you enjoy it! 

The year is 2056.  The world is still recovering from the pandemic of 2027 caused by a meteor borne virus that wiped out half the population.  Cloning has been legalized in a desperate attempt to save humanity.  Dodge Kerrington, a renowned Electronics Engineer leads his team at Embedded Systems Specialist.  They must design and perfect memory transfer for the Human Cloning Process. 
 ESS prevails by creating the first successful system that records IHE (individual human experience) as a LifeFile that uploads into the brain of a newly grown clone.  ES...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2013, 03:37:35 PM »
Petectives: Christmas Party, by Robert J. SmithPETECTIVES: CHRISTMAS PARTY Christmas time is here and cat detectives Yoshi and Gatsby are back in this holiday whodunnit! Someone not filled with the holiday spirit is trying to kill an obnoxious dog and the Petectives are on the case. While conducting their latest investigation, Gatsby's also planning a Christmas Eve blowout for the neighborhood animals. Yoshi is dead set against the party but he may be able to use the festivities to unmask a would be killer and teach Gatsby what Christmas is all about. Throw in a canine love triangle and a cute orphan kitten and you've got the recipe for one riveting Yuletide affair. The Petectives are throwing a Christmas party and you don't want to miss it! A 19,000 word mystery nov...
Origins (Remote), by Eric DrouantNew Orleans, 1973  Cassie Reynold - Cassie Reynolds is a brown eyed beauty with wit, moxie, and psychic ability. She's also a deadly force of nature. Ronnie Gilmore -Captivated by Cassie and with his own remarkable psychic talent, Ronnie Gilmore must join her in the fight for their survival.  The CIA uncovers these two 13-year olds and their uncanny psychic ability, a talent that proves to be invaluable in the currently raging Cold War. A renegade agent wants them for his own personal reasons. When Ronnie Gilmore and Cassie Reynold fight back, things get deadly fast.   The struggle for their freedom takes Cassie and Ronnie on a fast paced and explosive pat...
Scandal's Heiress, by Amelia SmithMiss Hyacinth Grey has had a quiet life, managing her father's household in Gibraltar. Then she learns that she's heir to a small fortune, left by her grandmother, an infamous courtesan. She sets sail for England with plans to found a charitable school for girls. Her father warns her away from her fellow passenger aboard the Whistler, saying that he's a black sheep from a family of scoundrels.

Thomas Pently, alias Smithson, made his fortune in the East India Company. Then his mistress was murdered, and his aristocratic family summoned him home. He's now second in line to his uncle's duchy, after his aging father.

Memories of their shipboard friendship draw them together again and again, as they find their footing...
Heartless (A Richard Rogan Novel), by Keith AllenIntroducing Heartless - an action-packed, fast-paced thriller with twists and turns that leave you begging for more.   Ex-Detective turned ghost hunter, Richard Rogan is drawn back into the world of crime and murder when he stumbles across the body of a dead prostitute during a paranormal investigation. The girl's heart has been ripped out and a cryptic message on the wall spells out more murders to come. Hired by the victim's sister, Rogan sets off to find out who is killing working girls and why.   Time is running out.   Lives are on the line.   Rogan is on the case.   Pick up your copy of this page-turner today!...
Better Than the Real Thing, by Sue HaaslerArt galleries. You might think theyre boring, but a quick visit to an art gallery one rainy morning started off a whole chain of events for Lia Bailey that encompassed sex, lies and (the modern digital equivalent of) videotape. As well as a wedding and a funeral that never happened, a dramatic reconstruction of one of the drier scenes of Titanic, a little kung fu and spoon-bending, and dancing to Barry Manilow in Basingstoke. All beginning with meeting a fictional man whod been murdered and decapitated centuries previously.
    Art galleries boring?
    As if.
Why you drink and How to stop: Journey to freedom, by Veronica ValliStop Drinking Now!Discover the reasons behind your drinking. Millions suffer from alcoholism with no idea why they go back to the bottle. Clearly and concisely this book lays out what drives alcoholism and how to successfully over come it.  Permanent sobriety is possible even for the worst cases once you fully understand why you drink.  Alcoholism is driven by internal factors, NOT external ones. Understand what they are and how to change them. An Instruction manual for staying sober Live the life you were meant to live. Learn how to mange your feelings to stay away from alcohol. The importance of relationships in recovery. Become free of the past How to...
Three French Hens - Revised Edition, by Gayle RamageThree French Hens is a collection of short stories based on titles of well-known Christmas carols, ditties and hit singles.  Includes -   "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Fang Teeth" - a vampire gets a bit more than he bargained for when prowling the streets in search of food.   "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" - It's the live final of 'Va Va Voom', the hit singing contest show. Girl group The Angels are certain they're going to win, but then the surprise appearance of someone onstage beside them turns the contest upside down.  "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" - When time is frozen, time traveller Darcy is surprised to find herself face to face with the real Santa Claus. Unable to pass up ...

Offline Sapphire

• Omaha NE
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2013, 09:38:24 AM »
I love Book Discovery Day.

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2013, 01:15:41 PM »
Cappy (Zodiac Rising Series - Capricorn), by Margaret LakeCappy Capretta lived her life around Stockmans Furniture and her dreams of some day having her own branch to manage. Although she handled Stockmans customers with courteous efficiency, she only knew them by the pieces of furniture they bought.

Brant Dalton was just another customer with a problem for Cappy to solve. When he showed up at the store a few days later to thank her for her help, she found to her shock that, when she looked into those smoky, gray eyes, here was one man she couldnt turn into a recliner or a pair of end tables.
Section 51 (Project Solstice), by V.G. HarrisonEmpath Ava Frost is searching for her triplet brother, Ian, whos disappeared without a trace. When she learns hes been murdered and his death covered up, she also discovers a terrifying secret that could endanger billions of people across the planet

Skinwalkers, vampires, and werewolves the entire supernatural world, in fact are the result of breeding between humans and aliens who crash-landed on earth thousands of years ago. Now, Section 51 is a super top-secret facility dedicated to splicing alien genes with human ones to create an unstoppable army of soldiers.

Determined to hunt down her brothers killer, Ava inadvertently becomes the target of Colonel Briggs, the megalomaniac in charge of Se...
Gravediggers, by Cindy M. HoganSeventeen-year-old Billy thinks his fathers murder will never be solveduntil he stumbles across an old ammo box while digging a grave in his small-town Tennessee cemetery.

What he finds leads him to question everything he knows, and his search for answers will uncover more than he bargained for: lies, secrets, and conspiraciesand behind them all, a dangerous truth....
Betrayal, by Sandra SchwabA love betrayed, a love regained?  For seventeen years Ash has been eaten up alive by bitterness and hatred, caught fast in the clutches of the past. For seventeen years he has not been able to look at the boy he raised as his heir and not remember the terrible betrayal he had to endure. And yet, for seventeen years he has closed his eyes against the even more terrible truth...  Seventeen years ago Georgina fled from England and all she ever held dear. But for the sake of her child, she must return to confront the man whom she once loved more than life itself until lies and deceit tore her life and marriage apart.  Will their love stand a second chance?...
Six Months in Montana (Montana Cozy Romance Series), by Pamela M. Kelley.99 special introductory sale ending soon! ~~ regular price 2.99

Molly Bishop loves living in Manhattan and managing a boutique luxury hotel. She's about to be promoted to her dream job of General Manager, the role she's been striving for her entire career.

There's only one thing standing in her way.

The will of her childhood friend, Christian Ford's grandfather. She hasn't even seen Christian in over ten years, but a recent run-in with his grandfather during a rare visit home, resulted in a new condition to the will. Christian will only inherit the ranch he's been running and the real estate development business that he has expanded, if he marries Molly and stays married for at least six months.
<b...
Dependent Days: Part I, by Chris SappADDICTION OR ENSLAVEMENT...
Shadow on the Rose, by Laura Jane LeighMarion is thrilled when she and her husband, James, buy a lovely, old mansion with a rose garden. After they move in, however, she falls ill and must stay at home to rest. Alone and depressed, she begins to have strange dreams which seem to take her back into the past. Although James is skeptical, Marion believes that when she sleeps, she is leading the life of a young Victorian woman, Mariana.  Mariana used to visit the house as a guest of her friend Rosamund, whose mother is thought to have drowned while rowing on the river with her husband. During her stays with the family, Mariana comes to suspect that the death was not an accident. She investigates, but meets with obstacles that prevent her from finding the full truth. Eighty...
Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare for Everyone Else), by C.E. WilsonShakespeares work features some of the most memorable stories and characters ever created, yet for too many curious readers the combination of ultra-dense dialogue and unfamiliar historical settings make tackling the Bards work something between a tedious chore and a confusing mess of bird-bolts and quondam carpet-mongers.

While its nearly impossible to replicate or improve on these works, it is (thanks to their timeless nature) possible to make them more accessible to a wider audience.
 In this Young Adult retelling of one of William Shakespeares most iconic plays, join C.E. Wilson as she breathes new life into Much Ado About Nothing, the first in her series Shakespeare for
 Everyone Else.

T...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2013, 11:56:11 AM »
The Shucking Truth: Those Extra Pounds are NOT Your Fault!, by Rachel ShuckLook and Feel Good Naked!
 An Entertaining and Easy to Understand Book
 If you just can't seem to lose those last few pounds or are ready to be at a healthy weight permanently, this book was written just for you. Learn how to finally lose those dang stubborn pounds, and better yet, learn how surprisingly it's not YOU, it's THEM! Quickly find out how the food industry keeps you fat and eating. Everyone knows by now that fast food and junk food make you fat. But did you know that most of what you think is healthy is actually making you pack on the pounds' This isnt the same spiel about how fast food makes you fat, this book shows all the ways they sabotage our so-called healthy foods. This easy read will shock you and inspi...

Department 51 (Project Solstice), by V.G. HarrisonAva Frost has spent the past three months mourning the death of her brother, Ian, but now shes facing criminal charges from Department 51 charges that could put her in federal prison for the rest of her life unless she accepts their "work-release" deal.

She can hardly stand working for the organization she blames for the death of her brother, yet while on the Department 51 base, she makes a chilling discovery a sentient, complex computer program called Ian 2 has been imprinted with her brother's anagrams. More shocking, the computer is linked to her brain, sharing the same organic metal as her cybernetic implant.

Department 51 wants her to disable Ian 2, but when an alien craft threatens the Earth, Ava d...
The Cut-Out, by Jon KingREVIEWS: Breathtaking, compelling, intensely personal throughout and terrifyingly true The Cut-Out is probably the most important spy novel Ive ever read. Richard Collins, Onside Review.

This really is a remarkable story, brilliantly told. For the first time I can now understand exactly how and why Princess Diana could have been murdered. G.E. Harrison, Amazon UK Reviewer.

All the thrills and spills of an above-average spy thriller and much much more! I really couldnt put it down. Writer Kerrie, Amazon US Verified Reviewer.
 ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Move Off The Grid, by K.K. YadhunathThis thought-provoking book is about the use of solar energy at our home. It is about a solution to the countrys most urgent problempower shortage. The book details basic principles, usage, and current development and growth of solar energy in India and around the world, with add-on chapters about other renewables, climate change, energy efficiency, green buildings, electrical vehicles, etc. We are proud to present this first-of-its-kind book to be published in India. Even though a few publications in the subject are available today, most are pure technical for a niche segment. This book is now unique in India with its broad range of interesting subjects of mass appeal related to deployment of solar energy, its importance in our daily...
The Alliday Poem Book of Silly Celebrations, by S.M. WesterlieThe Alliday Poem Book of Silly Celebrations features themes from the amusingly mundane to the severely bizarre. Flip to any date, and in addition to the varied and clever poetry, you might find fun facts, though-provoking quotes, or captivating bios on major historical figures born that day. Readers will become more familiar with heroes from Feng-Shan Ho to Florence Nightingale. Teens, tweens, daydreamers, lovers of learning, and the young-at-heart will appreciate this book. Among the poetic forms included are rondeau, terza rima, limerick, tetractys, cinquain, pantoum, enclosed rhyme, haiku, double dactyl, and epigram. Alliday is a useful tool for learning about the intricacies of poetry, but more than that, its flat-out fun! Every day ...
No Place Like Home: Book 2 The St. John Sibling Series (Book 2: The St. John Sibling Series), by Barbara RaffinWhen life handed Dixie Rae Carrington lemons, she made lemonade.  Widowed in her mid-twenties, her husband's life insurance depleted by a custody battle with her father-in-law over her son, and the mortgage on her dream restaurant more than she can handle, she starts over with a defunct farm alongside a rural Wisconsin highway.  She turns the first floor of her grandmother's farmhouse into a restaurant, the upstairs spare room into a rental, and the empty barnyard into a haven for cast-off animals.
    When life handed Sam Ryan lemons, he ran.  But, after running away from his problems and obligations all his adult life, Sam's uncle offers him a means back into the good graces of his family.  Unfortunately, what the family patriarch wa...
Beyond - Volume 1 (YA Paranormal Romance), by S.P. van der LeeHauntingly beautiful - Beyond is the heart-racing debut by S.P. van der Lee! ---------------------------------------------------------------- DESCRIPTION   Death is only the first step...   Sixteen-year-old Raven desperately wants to fit in, but after using a Ouija Board, her already overwhelming hallucinations take a turn for the worse. A ghostly figure named Sam begins to haunt Raven and seems eager to kill her. She's saved by a reclusive biker named Damian who goes to the same school and appears to have an interest in her. Raven can't help but feel drawn to him. Determined to uncover Damian's connection to the ghost, Raven sets out to discover his secr...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2014, 01:23:32 PM »
The Shucking Truth: Those Extra Pounds are NOT Your Fault!, by Rachel ShuckLook and Feel Good Naked!
 An Entertaining and Easy to Understand Book
 If you just can't seem to lose those last few pounds or are ready to be at a healthy weight permanently, this book was written just for you. Learn how to finally lose those dang stubborn pounds, and better yet, learn how surprisingly it's not YOU, it's THEM! Quickly find out how the food industry keeps you fat and eating. Everyone knows by now that fast food and junk food make you fat. But did you know that most of what you think is healthy is actually making you pack on the pounds? This isnt the same spiel about how fast food makes you fat, this book shows all the ways they sabotage our so-called healthy foods. This easy read will shock you and inspi...
The Contact Episode One, by Albert SartisonThe ascendancy of mankind is being decided on Jupiter

In the 22nd century, mankind assimilated the Solar System within the orbits of the inner planets, and was gradually moving further out, beyond the asteroid belt, onward towards the outer planets.

The recently discovered technology of remote manipulation gave people the capability of altering the orbit of celestial bodies of planetary size, which laid the foundation of a new era for the human race: the terraforming age. The colonization of space beyond the limits of the Solar System became only a matter of time.

Soon after the first successful test, changing the orbit of Mercury, a strange object moving from the depths of space towards the ...
Not One Of Them: A Story of Adoption, Alcoholism and Abuse, by Judy Baldaccini"I despise you Judith Ann, I curse the day we adopted you and your brother! We owe you nothing because you are nothing," said Mother as saliva pooled at the corners of her mouth.  She began to viciously punch her daughter about the face and head, that unprovoked outburst, resulted from nothing other than seeing her young 7 year old daughter in 'her' home. Exasperated as Mother was almost every single day.   "Go ahead say it Judith Ann," and with that my clue was given, "I know Mother, I know I deserve nothing because I am nothing, and I am worth even less than that."   I said it as vehemently as...
Dreams Claimed (Warfield's Landing #1), by Adeara AllyneCurrently Available: Book 1 - Dreams Claimed, Book 2 - His Best Girls, Book 3 - Liv for Love, COMING SOON - Book 3.5 - First Christmas in Warfield's Landing  Welcome to Warfield's Landing, a small and idyllic Maryland town, on the banks of the Susquehanna River. This is Book 1 in the Warfield's Landing Series.  A successful financial planner, Daniel Sterling has had a clear image of  his ideal woman since the summer he was twelve, Now, at last, he sees her... on the Washington DC Metro  and, of course, she's traveling in the opposite direction.  Rising artist Nic Bannerman isn't looking for love. Then she meets Daniel. He has dimples and a charming Golden Retriever. Call her shallow, bu...
Children's Book: Hope Learns to Jump Rope (A Rhyming Children's Bedtime Story Picture Book for Ages 2-8), by Amy Cancryn"5.0 out of 5 stars Great for children and adults"

"Like the "Little Train that Could" our new friend, Hope, is having some problems with her confidence"
 ** Amazon Prime Members can download this book for FREE! **

"Let me introduce you to a little girl called Hope. She didn't want to start 1st grade, until she could jump rope."

Read along in this inspiring rhyming story to find out how Hope Learns to Jump Rope!

There's a new kid on the block, and her name is Hope!

Hope is a six year old all American girl who learns valuable life long lessons from her goals and adventures.
  Her first book, Hope Learns to Jump Rope follows Hope as ...
Wolf Magic (Avador), by Shirley MartinRabid wolves are overrunning the city of Moytura.. The queen issues a decree to the city's sentries: Kill the wolves. Hunting the beasts in the forest, sentry Briant Girard spies a wolf in the distance and fells the animal with an arrow. Minutes later, he discovers that he has badly injured a young woman. Where is the wolf? he wonders,while he worries about the young woman.    Shirley Martin Avador Series Published by Books We Love  Book 1 Night Secrets Book 2 Night Shadows Book 3 Enchanted Cottage Book 4 Allegras Dream  Book 5 Wolf Magic   Two creatures trapped in one body, Annwn is torn and confused. She delights in her wolf essence, when she can roam ...
Divisible by Six (Trilogy of The Six), by Andy RaneA cabin on Lake Michigan. A train in the Arizona desert. A cathedral in New Orleans. A farm in the woods of Canada.    DIVISIBLE BY SIX    James Masterson's world is falling apart. His girlfriend kidnapped. His uncle missing. His brothers, like him, running for their lives and scattered across the country. At the center of it all, a madman pulling the strings of a plot that will change the global political landscape. Lured into his trap, James must put his life on the line for those he cares for most in order to save the only family he has left.    DIVISIBLE BY SIX is the second book in The Trilogy of the Six series. It is the sequel to MULTIPLES OF SIX.  ...
Maben, by Van HoltPre-release pricing! Regularly $7.99!
 MABEN
 The man who called himself John Parker never actually admitted that his real name was Frank Maben. And old Al Maben, the only one who would have known for sure, had been shot from the brush by an unknown killer as he sat on his front porch in his rocking chair, perhaps thinking about his dead wife and a son he hadnt seen since before the Civil War.

The local ranchers and rustlers seemed convinced that the tall two-gun stranger was in fact old Al Mabens long-lost son. When they werent too busy fighting among themselves, they spent their time trying to kill him or drive him off the Maben ranch. But when the shooting was over, most of them were too de...

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2014, 03:57:30 PM »
His Best Girls (Warfield's Landing #2), by Adeara AllyneCurrently Available: Book 1 - Dreams Claimed, Book 2 - His Best Girls, Book 3 - Liv for Love, COMING SOON - Book 3.5 - First Christmas in Warfield's Landing  Welcome to Warfield's Landing, a small and idyllic Maryland town, nestled on the banks of the Susquehanna River. This is Book 2 in the Warfield's Landing Series.  Helping your new girlfriend clean her apartment after a move? Awesome. Finding a dead body? Not so... This was supposed to be *The Best First Date Ever*, but now he'll settle for keeping her alive.  Orson has been waiting his whole life for the Maguire Mojo. In their family, Love at First Sight is the norm. He found it with Madeleine, his cat, but a woman?  Not so far...  ...
The Gundowners, by Van HoltOn Sale for a Limited Time! Normally $7.99.
 The Gundowners
 While Jeff Mitton is away fighting in the War Between the States, his sister Lettie disappears. When he returns home, his mother makes him promise to find her.
    When Jeff is bushwhacked while looking for Lettie, he is befriended by a secretive gunfighter named Steve KIbben, who is hunting some men who killed his sister.
    Jeff doesnt know they are searching for the same dangerous men. Men, and beautiful women, who will stop at nothing to stay out of the clutches of the Federal agents pursuing them for spying for the South.

Guilty Innocence, by Maggie JamesTwo eleven-year-old boys.

One two-year-old girl.

A murder that shocked the nation.

Ten years after being convicted of the brutal killing of a toddler, Mark Slater, formerly Joshua Barker, is released on parole from prison. Only the other boy jointly sentenced for Abby Morgans murder, the twisted and violent Adam Campbell, knows the truth. That Mark played no part in Abbys death.

Four years later, Marks on-off girlfriend discovers a letter revealing his conviction as a child killer. At risk of having his protective cover made public, Marks need to confront the injustice of his sentence becomes overwhelming. Desperate to find answers, he initiates a friendship with Abbys older...
Chihuahuas of the Zombie Apocalypse, by Steven L. HawkThe end of the world looks different from six inches off the ground. 

Cheech and Daisy are small, spoiled and cute.  Unfortunately, spoiled and cute are overrated when a hungry pack of flesh-eating monsters are chasing you through the streets.  Being small'  Well, that might help.

A pair of seasoned Army Rangers, a teenaged Latina, a deranged serial killer and two lost Chihuahuas come together to match wits and battle a city full of the undead in this fast-paced, post-apocalyptic tale. 

Author Note:  This isn't a comedy or a spoof.  It's a good, old-fashioned zombie book with numerous characters, lots of action, and plenty of head bashing.  The addition of Chihuahu...
Colin Preston Rocked And Rolled, by Bert Murray"The first thought that went through my head was that I wanted to kiss her. Feel her tender lips against mine." - Colin Preston Rocked And Rolled            FUNNY, MOVING, BITTERSWEET, AUTHENTIC! A novel that will take you back to your college days! A passionate love story that is filled to the brim with adolescent angst, drama, romance, laughter and tears!  5* "A great coming of age story...astonished me with its authentic feel" - Christoph Fischer (Top 500 Amazon Reviewer)   5* "Colin Preston Rocked And Rolled is a truly top rate book you won't forget, similar to The Catch...
Blowing the Bridge: A Software Story, by Peter BoltonSex, drugs, rock'n'roll...we're talking about a hedonistic music festival, right?  Nope, not according to the narrator of this tale.  Instead, we're talking about an IT department, in the absurd (yet somewhat epic) story about a software project that was doomed to succeed.  Exposing some of the more ridiculous aspects of corporate America and the insane characters who haunt its halls, Blowing the Bridge gives the reader a prying peep behind the curtain, at some of the more comical aspects of working with the more colorful personalities in technology.  Bitterly funny throughout, it also painstakingly recounts the struggle of a small team determined to navigate a path towards building something of excellence, despite a mine field of...
Mad Days of Me: Escaping Barcelona, by Henry MartinTrapped in the streets of Barcelona after falling victim to a heinous crime, without a passport or money,  patience is Rudys only hope to make it out alive. Plunged into a world of street-dwelling derelicts in a city whose language he does not speak, struggling to maintain his decency and humanity while fighting off the ravages of slow starvation, patience proves to be an exhausting path. This is a story of human spirit in the face of the odds of survival stacked against him. This is a story of humanitys worst nemesis itself. It is the side of Barcelona you will not find in any tourist guide....
The China Pandemic (Graham's Resolution, Book 1), by A. R. ShawWhat the world dreads most has happened - a mutated avian flu pandemic has ravaged the global population. Whether accidental or intentional, only two  percent of the population has survived. In the Pacific Northwest, a dying mother recognizes that her young child is among the immune. What will she do to ensure his survival before her own death? Meanwhile, as natural predators invade urban areas, Graham has buried his last remaining family member and promised to carry out his fathers advice to make it to the family cabin. He meets with triumph and tragedy learning new rules along the way. Just when he thinks hes finally got a handle on this new world, hes taken by surprise, as he learns hes not alone. A hidden community of preppe...