Kindle Forum banner

Book Discovery Day!

169K views 406 replies 13 participants last post by  vsadmin 
#1 ·
It's Book Discovery Day! Every Friday we bring you a selection of books that are newly-published, or that have been overlooked.

Every great book was once a hidden gem. Click on a cover and start your own discovery!

http://www.kboards.blogspot.com/2013/02/book-discovery-day-friday-feb-1.html

The Catalyst (Targon Tales), by Chris ReherLieutenant Nova Whiteside, on an apparently routine assignment aboard an interstellar transport, finds herself the target of an assassination attempt. Her escape leaves her with no option but to rely on Seth, a former lover, for help.

Unfortunately, she realizes that they are now on opposite sides of an escalating war between the Commonwealth Union of Planets and an increasingly dangerous rebel organization.

In trying to find who is threatening her life, they discover a pl...
Hamaika, by George BergerTim is a softhearted dealer at a science-fiction convention who just wants to make it through the rest of the day without any unnecessary drama or excitement. Trying to avoid a stalker-ish lunatic that wants to buy a magic ring from him, he stumbles across a woman with a hole in her head who is, to his considerable surprise, not quite as dead as he expected.

He impulsively offers his assistance, and thus begins an afternoon he'll never be able to forget. Going shopping with her isn't...
Dog Aliens 1: Raffle's Name, by Cherise KelleyHi! I'm Clem, the dog on the book cover. I know. It's confusing. The name my humans gave me is Raffle. If you read my story, then you'll find out why they named me that, and how much trouble I got in before they did.

They are my humans. I am their dog, and I love them. Only, I'm not really a dog. All dogs are really aliens from other planets.

You call aliens from my planet "big dogs." We call ourselves Kaxians. The little dogs call themselves Niques, but who cares abo...
Kate Gets Bridal Half Season (Episodes 1 - 4), by Ann Marie FoxKate Harrington is the 34 year old owner of Kate Gets Bridal, an upscale wedding planning company in Middleton, NY.

In this first episode of Kate Gets Bridal, Kate starts working closely with Jacob, the best man at her client's wedding. After a disastrous start to the Jack and Jill party, Jacob manages to save the party and score a date with Kate. Kate is looking forward to their first date and the wedding, but despite her status as a first class wedding planner, things don't always ...
Paradise (Girl Friday), by Rachel BlakeParadise is book #1 of Rachel Blake's 'Girl Friday' Series. It is a 50,000 word contemporary romance.

*Warning: contains sexual content*

A deceitful trick by a coworker slash lover leaves Jayden Clark looking for a new job and vowing to never again engage in a relationship with a workmate. Of course her promise never mentioned a boss.

When Jayden accepts the position of girl Friday for Regent Realty, she knows she is overqualified, but a month in Tahiti, and Nick ...
Cerulean (One Thousand Blues), by Anna KyssOne hundred years ago, people were forced to retreat to the seas...

Chey's ocean home seems lovely on the outside, with its rainbow-hued reefs and soul-tingling Whale-song, but the beauty hides secrets and despair.

One thousand blues can be too many...

Some people cannot live amid them all.

After losing her parents and best friend, Chey would do anything to fight off the apathy that threatens her: swim in a brood of jellies, break her sector's rules, and ev...
[tr][td][/td][td]Dreams Don't Wait, by EC Sheedy[/td][td]DREAMS DON'T WAIT

...will he?

Evan North finally catches a break, free rent on a small cabin in exchange for being a part-time nanny. She can't believe her luck. Not only will she have a comfortable home for her and her son, Cal, she'll have the chance to save the necessary money for his school fund, and put herself to within a heartbeat of realizing her own long-held dreams.

Dreams put on hold while she raised her son.

Dreams she wears like armor agai...[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]The Girl and The Guitar, by R.A. Hobbs[/td][td](Novelette - 12,900 words)

Helena becomes afraid of her dad's guitar case when she discovers that a dark magic protects the guitar within. Too afraid to tell her parents of a magic she knows they would never believe in, Helena keeps it a secret. But like all secrets, they are eventually revealed, and now Helena's parents must decide whether their daughter is delusional or the magic is real, while somehow not letting that question tear their family apart....[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Contamination Prequel (Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Series), by T.W. Piperbrook[/td][td]St. Matthews, Arizona
The infection starts with Frank, one of the locals at the town bar. In just a few hours, it has consumed the entire town.

Dan Lowery, one of only four police officers in St. Matthews, soon realizes he is no match for the impending destruction. Violence and bloodshed litter the streets, and the infected roam freely. No one is safe here--not even his family.

Somewhere, someone knows what is happening, and about the horrors to come.....[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Learning to Fly, by Rachel Elizabeth Cole[/td][td]This collection combines five of Rachel Elizabeth Cole's touching short stories. In "Fallen Leaves," a woman must come to terms with the bad blood between her dead husband's grandmother and herself. In "Listen to the Rain," a young couple going through a rough patch struggles to find happiness. In "Caring For Lily," a young mother wrestles with her decision to return to work. In "For Good or For Bad," a disatisfied wife must decide if she'll risk everything for her ex-boyfriend. In "Is This Seat...[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Spell of Blindness, by Lori Tiron-Pandit[/td][td]Ana Dor envisions a love of mystical dimensions that will save her, solve all mysteries of life, and bring her closer to God and happiness. This love carries in her mind all the weight of a true faith, and Ana is determined to believe it into existence.

In time, however, she finds that she has been blinded by this same faith that once had opened her eyes. Unable to find in real life the man from her visions, after many failed relationships, Ana is starting to see that somewhere along...[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Elyon's Cipher, by Charmain Z. Brackett[/td][td]A group of armed soldiers isn't the welcoming committee, teen-agers Stephen and Lucy expect to find when they arrive in this sleepy little town. A virus has caused the town to be under quarantine. Stephen knows this is no ordinary illness; it's the nefarious work of his enemy from another realm. But why here' Stephen must rely on Elyon's Cipher to unlock the clues and stop his enemy before it's too late....[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Standing Guard, by VH Folland[/td][td]Flying home from their display seems a perfect time for Jim to train his wife on radio procedures. An SOS on a non-aviation channel was the last thing he expected to hear. The laws of sea and air are clear: the person who receives a distress call is bound to assist.

Even if they are in a very old aircraft, over a very large ocean, looking for a very small boat.

Standing Guard is a short story, set the season after Fire Season....[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Adderwald (The Anagenesis Series), by Marita Fowler[/td][td]Hunters defend it.
Politicians abuse it.
Zombies attack it.
The Adderwald....[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Dead Dreams (A Dakota Mystery), by M.K. Coker[/td][td]Dreams can inspire, crush-and even kill.

For Sheriff Karen Mehaffey, going for the stars-the sheriff's stars-wasn't turning out to be a dream come true. Flood waters are rising along with the thermometer, and the last thing she needs is a homicide. Detective Marek Okerlund, on the other hand, welcomes any distraction from the anniversary of his wife's death and from his mother-in-law's unannounced visit.

When Karen calls back her old classmate Adam Van Eck t...[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Iguana Diplomacy, by Harrison Booth[/td][td]Iguana Diplomacy; a tale of monsters, solicitors and petrol.

Port Dragnet's days are numbered. Thanks to an industrial accident and persistent attacks from the local basilisk population the whole town will soon be nothing but rubble.

Hours before the destruction, the last band of refugees set out down a desolate mountain highway to reach the nearest city; but it turns out things far worse are lying in wait for them. Far worse than toxic smog or lizards able to turn thei...[/td][/tr]

See less See more
#302 ·
Return of the Coyote (The Coyote Saga Book 2), by Ron SchwabTHE SEQUEL TO NIGHT OF THE COYOTE Ethan Ramsey arrived too late. Death. Destruction. Despair. He vowed to seek out the barbarians who laid waste to the small Sioux village, leaving but only a very few women and children alive. Assembling a rag-tag search party, Ethan embarks on a journey to find the killers while maintaining a glimmer of hope that he has not seen the last of someone near to his heart. Return of the Coyote, the sequel to Night of the Coyote, is a story full of twists and turns. Readers of the first book will delight in the convergence of paths of characters both old and new, and the promise of the vision of the coyote looms over Ethan's journey....
The Valkyrie Project: The Valkyrie Project Technothriller Series Book 1, by Nels Wadycki"The Valkyrie Project is an action-packed, sci-fi thriller that grabs a hold and doesn't let go." -- D. Witty, Amazon Customer Review "An exciting story taking place in the not-too-distant future, this novel has surprises and wrinkles around every corner." -- Kayak Jay, Amazon Customer Review Men in a black hovervan grabbed Ana's brother off the skywalk as she took him to school. That was sixteen years ago, but Ana hasn't let it go. It doesn't help that their parents left her to fend for herself. And it definitely doesn't help that Memo still sends her cryptic messages from, well, somewhere. Ana took the job at the US Intelligence Agency so she could use their resources ...
Deploy: If I Fall... (Young Blood, Rebel Heart Book 2), by Jamie MageeAnd ending you never see coming... Six Days. That's it. Six days and I would've been at bootcamp. Semper Fi bitches. No more small town chains on this Rawlings boy. Before I could bolt, Mother Nature thundered through my town delivering the storm of the century, officially jacking my life up. I was legit one second, the next I was stranded in the basement of my high school, in a closet, with a girl who'd twisted me one too many times. I didn't need her in my head. I didn't need...the ache she slammed into my chest. It was the worst and best night of my life. One girl and one storm served as an undercurrent for every stitch of hell that haunted my path for the next four years of my life. ...
War of the Worlds: Retaliation, by John J. Rust1898: Martian tripods lay waste to Earth's cities. The world's armies are unable to stem the tide of destruction. When all hope appears lost, common bacteria kills the alien invaders. From the ashes, the human race uses the technology left behind by the Martians to build new, advanced weapons. 1924: Armed with their own spaceships, tripods, and jet fighters, the nations of the world are ready to take the fight to Mars. George Patton, Erwin Rommel, Charles de Gaulle, and Georgy Zhukov lead their troops in battle across the red planet to end the alien menace once and for all. But the Martians have one last, desperate plan to try, and if successful, it could mean the end for all humanity....
Aluria (The Aluria Adventures Book 1), by Tyler CookIn order to save his teenage crush, Jason Conner allows an extra-terrestrial spirit, named Aluria, to inhabit his body. At that moment, Jason vowed to protect the innocent and hunt down the guilty, avenging those that were tragically taken from him. But while Jason thought that his first enemy, Raiz, was long deceased, the evil sorcerer returns to Canton to obtain what Jason robbed him of: A magical item that grants anyone who possesses, it infinite power. Aluria is the first in a series that tells a story about heroism, love and hope....
Vigilante (The Aluria Adventures Book 2), by Tyler CookIt's been a year since Aluria appeared as the hero of Canton. He's become a myth to many, a hero to some, and a threat to others. Among those who think he is an outlaw are those working at the Major Case Squad, who fear he will go too far and become the villain the vigilante hopes to rid the city of. This fear escalates when people are found murdered with a blade shaped like Aluria's insignia. Could this new hero really be to blame, and if not, can he clear his name and find the person who is behind everything? That will prove to be difficult when his support, Princess Tessa Warren, is fighting for her ambassadorship in Washington, D.C., and his father, now offering to tell him why he killed Jason's mother. Vigilante...
Hewhay Hall: An Unsung Hero's Destiny, by Susan RoebuckFire-fighter Jude Elliott loses part of his leg trying to rescue a family held hostage during a terrorist attack. He journeys to mysterious Hewhay Hall where it is told there are wondrous magical cures. Little does Jude know that his destination is Slater The Prince of Envy's lair where a demon resides and courageous souls are tormented. Can Jude escape Slater's House of Horrors, or will he suffer for all of eternity? Winner of the EPIC (Electronic Publishing Industry Coalition) 2013 e-Book Award in the Horror Category. "This is a highly original plot and written in such a visual way, it demands a film!" - Author Catherine Cavendish "Hewhay Hall by Sue Roebuck is a true page-turner. It held my attentio...
Wedding Dreams: 20 Delicious Nuptial Romances, by Maggie Way**You are invited to the weddings of your dreams** Twenty award-winning, USA Today and International best-selling authors have come together to bring you over 3,000 pages of love, lust, and lusciously sexy men. From sweet second chance romances to bad boys, BBWs, and brides looking for revenge, this is a perfect read for anyone who enjoys Romance or Women's Fiction. These pages are packed with cozy romances, thrilling international and holiday adventures, and sweet heart-melting stories. Our authors bring you everything from hot cowboys to rockstar romances, elegant weddings to nuptial disasters, and blushing brides to bold women, all in a delightful celebration of love. You're in for a wild, passionate ride on a b...

#303 ·
The Memory of Loss, by Dana K. Haffar What if self-deceit makes us happy? Movie buff Nadine Hall has landed the perfect job as a caregiver for an archaeologist in Mougins, near Cannes, shortly before the film festival. But her blissful existence with her charge, Lilly Somerville, and her sister Viv who suffers from dementia, is soon shattered with the arrival of Lilly's daughter, Katrina, who wants Nadine gone. Emotionally and mentally scarred following a personal tragedy, Nadine can hardly cope with the unpleasant chain of events. When she is entrusted by an antiquarian to return a package to Lilly-mistakenly placed among a collection of books she had given to him-Nadine discovers it is actually Lilly's account of her life in German oc...
Titus Ray Thrillers: Books 1 & 2: (A Titus Ray Thriller Box Set), by Luana Ehrlich
Books I and II in the Titus Ray Thriller Series available in a box set. This highly acclaimed series has over 500 five-star reviews!
Book I, One Night in Tehran When he starts searching for answers, an assassin begins his own search-for him. In Tehran, while hiding out from the Iranian secret police, CIA officer, Titus Ray, finds shelter with a group of Iranian Christians. Compelled by their unwavering faith, the battle-hardened agent becomes a believer shortly before they smuggle him out of Iran to freedom in Turkey. Returning to the States, he discovers his Iranian mission failed because of political infighting within the Agency. After delivering a...
Which Is NOT True? - Тhe Quiz Book: From the Creator of the Popular Website RaiseYourBrain.com (Paramount Trivia and Quizzes Book 2), by Nayden KostovLife is too short to settle for the run-of-the-mill. This book will show you just how fantastical and funny the real world is. It will be your strong and faithful ally preventing social awkwardness by arming you with plenty of icebreaking pieces of trivia, suitable for any occasion. A great prep tool when organizing pub or family quizzes. My goal was to write a quiz book that would stand out with interesting, educational and fun content; a book that would both entertain and challenge. The concept is based on the well-known multiple choice format, with an added twist by introducing the "Which is NOT true?" approach for the half of the questions. This approach has its merit in allowing you to learn two crazy facts about people, pla...
Hewhay Hall: An Unsung Hero's Destiny, by Susan RoebuckFire-fighter Jude Elliott loses part of his leg trying to rescue a family held hostage during a terrorist attack. He journeys to mysterious Hewhay Hall where it is told there are wondrous magical cures. But before he can reach his destination, he has a huge obstacle to overcome. Can Jude escape Slater, the Prince of Envy? Winner of the EPIC (Electronic Publishing Industry Coalition) 2013 e-Book Award in the Horror Category. "This is a highly original plot and written in such a visual way, it demands a film!" - Author Catherine Cavendish "Hewhay Hall by Sue Roebuck is a true page-turner. It held my attention from page one with its distinctive characters and unique setting." Author Tamera Lawrence...
Alien Safari, by Robert Appleton Warning! Wildlife may be dangerous. Proceed beyond this point at your own risk. When celebrated Omicron detective Ferrix Vaughn is called in to investigate a deadly breach on Hesperidia, a protected planet full of indigenous wildlife, he doesn't know what to expect. The place used to be a tourist attraction, but the safari tours were discontinued long ago due to rampant poaching. Only a handful of researchers live there now, including Jan Corbija, the young woman who reported the breach. The deeper Vaughn digs, the more the evidence seems to point to a recent raid on a biotech facility in a nearby system. Whatever was stolen from there, it's attracted the attention of major political players in...
A Tale of Two Sisters (The Steam Clock Legacy Book 2), by Robert Appleton Mystery and romance combine to spark an all-new adventure in the Age of Steam. In a world where fleets of airships roam the skies and great towers of scientific learning pierce the clouds, the problems of two teenage sisters in Southsea, England will hardly make the headlines. After all, fending off suitors and going to bat for their family name won't exactly shake the empire to its roots. Right? Wrong. Meet the McEwans. First names Meredith and Sonja. One collects admirers, dispenses bad advice (and usually takes her own). The other's a bit of a tomboy, likes tennis and swings a mean forehand. They've only ever relied on each other; having a notorious explorer for a father has made ...
Beacon (Lantern Book 2), by Chess DesallsWhen Serah's life in Havenbrim becomes unbearable, she accepts an apprenticeship with a celestial mechanic and glazier. Her master assigns her the task of opening a globe framed in copper. But the glass and seal are unbreakable. The solution to the puzzle traps Serah inside the globe, and transports her to a world where she longs for home....
The Bi-Polar Express: Ride the life and death roller-coaster of mania and depression with mother and daughter, by Ela SimonThe Bi-Polar Express - Natasha's Ride All my life I knew I was different, I didn't fit in. I always felt I could do everything - but things never worked out for me, I'd either get depressed for no reason or be hyper-active. As you read my book, you will follow the ups and downs, the twists and turns, the high highs, the low lows, back and forth, faster and faster, of my Bi-Polar roller-coaster life. But always keep one thing in mind: you can put the book down and get off my roller-coaster ride…..I can't. WARNING This book contains: •SEX •DRUGS •VERY BAD LANGUAGE •LIFE •DEATH •REALITY and may contain •TRACES OF NUTS The Bi-Pol...

#304 ·
The Mind of a Medium: A journey into consciousness and mediumship, by Tony GarrodA fascinating look at consciousness, mediumship, psychics, spritualist circles, scientific theories, the paranormal and more. If you've read my first book, Fifty-one Percent you will know that throughout my life, I've had many psychic, paranormal and spiritual encounters. In Fifty-One percent, I explored and discussed how proven scientific theories and facts can seem just as crazy as paranormal and psychic phenomena. Now, in The Mind of a Medium, I take a look at consciousness. To my mind, the subject of consciousness is the most fascinating subject the world has to offer and as I believe consciousness gives me the connections I receive in my mediumship, I couldn't start this second book without writing about what I have...
Fifty-one percent: A journey into mediumship, by Tony GarrodA fascinating look at mediumship, psychics, a spiritualist college, a spiritualist circle, scientific theories, the paranormal and more. Throughout my life I've had many psychic, paranormal and spiritual encounters. When thinking about the spiritual world, some people like to think of spirits and some prefer to call spirits ghosts. If you prefer to call them ghosts, then ghost hunters can only dream of experiences such as mine and I am now ready to openly share some of these with my readers! I have seen and spoken to ghosts and received messages to pass on. Up until now, I have not shared my experiences with anyone but, now I reveal them to you in my book. Read about my experiences including how one mischievous ghost w...
The Wolf Riders of Keldarra: Book 1: The Stone of Truth, by Nathalie M.L. Römer * * * New edition, newly edited and improved. * * * BOOK BLURB: When the ancient protectors of Keldarra became corrupted, from it came the Wolf Riders. When an ancient discovery was made, from it came the Order of Truth. Wolf riders are savage, knowing only violence and dissention. How or why they started is unknown. Keepers of Truth are only spoken of in whispers behind closed doors. They keep themselves hidden from the world. Nineteen-year old Marrida is an Acolyte of Truth. Alagur is a Wolf Rider who comes to invade her city. But he is seeking an answer there for dreams. A well-aimed stone brings their fates together, and sets into motion events that lead to the discove...
Hewhay Hall: An Unsung Hero's Destiny, by Susan RoebuckFire-fighter Jude Elliott loses part of his leg trying to rescue a family held hostage during a terrorist attack. He journeys to mysterious Hewhay Hall where it is told there are wondrous magical cures. But before he can reach his destination, he has a huge obstacle to overcome. Can Jude escape Slater, the Prince of Envy? Winner of the EPIC (Electronic Publishing Industry Coalition) 2013 e-Book Award in the Horror Category. "This is a highly original plot and written in such a visual way, it demands a film!" - Author Catherine Cavendish "Hewhay Hall by Sue Roebuck is a true page-turner. It held my attention from page one with its distinctive characters and unique setting." Author Tamera Lawrence...
Progeny's Promise: When a planet dies, only echoes of memories remain. (The Progeny series Book 1), by Kenneth WickHumankind's destiny is altered forever when an ancient galaxy steward attempts to halt the fatal decline of Earth's climate systems and rescue the dying planet. Threatened by the alien's methods, the world's largest oil corporation lays bare its secret alliance with a radical cult hidden within the US military to provoke global war and launch a rebellion against the President of the United States. As violence spreads, panic and folly accelerate the planet's death spiral, jeopardizing an exodus of young humans to an Earth-like planet. With humanity's future in peril, the beleaguered President's forces join with the steward to save Earth and protect the progeny seed, but a disturbance deep within the planet changes everything......
Rebirth: Dream of the Vampire #1, by Annalise Clark No one knows what happens when a vampire has years of her life erased... Mira was a normal 16-year-old girl before the accident that killed her parents and took away her memories. Then the dreams began. Nightmares. Visions of a young woman who looked just like her but was... different, like a wiser, more mature version of herself. And were those... fangs? She thought they were just dreams... So why did they feel so familiar, like memories of a life now lost? Her only solace was her loyal best friend, Lori, and her handsome boyfriend, Dimitri. Dimitri knew more than he let on... The fate of humanity and the vampires hung in the balance and time...
Blood On The Moon, by Cassiel KnightMia Langdon-tomb raider and adventure-seeker-has everything she wants. Freedom. Independence. No chains (a.k.a. a man). Her troubles begin when she's attacked on a dig in Peru. Soon, she's forced to use her tomb raiding talents to find the flaming arrows of an Egyptian goddess. In the wrong hands, this weapon could destroy the human race-and nearly had. Used to doing things her own way, it isn't long before she figures out that she needs the help of Harrison Braden Stanton, her stuffy, but so yummy, Egyptologist and ex-lover. There's one problem. He despises what she does. As Mia and Harrison find themselves in the middle of a battle between the Egyptian gods and goddess, there's no choice for the woman with a Gra...
The Clock Strikes Thirteen, by Mildred WirtSinister hooded riders are terrorizing farmers at night, and most of the farmers are reluctant to talk. Meanwhile, a man named Blake makes a generous donation to the Riverview orphan's camp and offers to buy their land, but Penny suspects that he is somehow trying to cheat the orphans. Penny links the hooded bandits to Blake and prevents the orphans from being cheated......

#305 ·
Sell More and Better: Eternal Sales Techniques beyond Internet (Salesman's Thoughts Book 1), by Raúl Sánchez GiloLimited time price reduction - 50% OFF! Get Your Copy Today. It will change the way you think about selling. You don't need fancy persuasion tactics, a perfect sales pitch or be the best salesman in the world. You need to know the eternal sales techniques that will always work to get more and better clients. If you sell, or want to sell, this sales book is for you, easy to read, powerful, and especially entertaining. Anyone in sales will find inspiration and motivation in this unique Literary Experience that provides the keys to excellent sales results. Full of principles, ideas, a lot of humor and surprising concepts. A tr...
The Missing Ones: An absolutely gripping thriller with a jaw-dropping twist (Detective Lottie Parker Book 1), by Patricia GibneyThe hole they dug was not deep. A white flour bag encased the little body. Three small faces watched from the window, eyes black with terror. The child in the middle spoke without turning his head. 'I wonder which one of us will be next?' When a woman's body is discovered in a cathedral and hours later a young man is found hanging from a tree outside his home, Detective Lottie Parker is called in to lead the investigation. Both bodies have the same distinctive tattoo clumsily inscribed on their legs. It's clear the pair are connected, but how? The trail leads Lottie to St Angela's, a former children's home, with a dark connection to her own family history. Sudden...
The Haunting of Winchester Mansion: Book 0, by Alexandria ClarkeIn the small town of Black Bay, a vacant, forgotten house sits atop an overlooking bluff. When Bailey and Bodhi Taylor move in and begin renovations, the house seems perfect. But things move on their own, screams echo from the basement, and Bailey sees a shadowy figure out of the corner of her eye. Is the house haunted? And if it is, what does the ghost want with Bailey?...
Reversal of Fortune (A Claire Rollins Mystery Book 2), by J A WhitingThis is book 2 in the Claire Rollins Cozy Mystery series. At a musical event, Claire and Nicole meet Vanessa, an old friend of Nicole's who is having a night out with her teenage sister, Maddy. After a short conversation, the young women part ways and Claire confides in Nicole that she "felt" something sad about Maddy when she shook her hand. Within thirty minutes, a telephone call plunges Claire and Nicole into a tangled mystery of infidelity and death. Will Claire's paranormal intuition help solve the case or will her skills fail her when she needs them the most.......
The Mysterious Mr. Miller, by William le QueuxOn the previous day, at a little before six o'clock in the evening, he had called upon old Mrs Gilbert, who with her daughter kept the boarding-house where I chanced to be staying, and had, it appeared, taken a top room, where his two leather portmanteaux were placed. ...After I had bowed farewell and she had descended the steps, I closed the door, and was returning along the hall when suddenly Sammy emerged from the dining-room, where he had evidently been standing, and facing me with a strange, serious expression upon his features, such as I had never seen there before, asked:-...
The Burdens of a Bachelor (Arrangements, Book 5), by Rebecca Connolly What the eye cannot see... Colin Gerrard has everything. He is a handsome, charming, and unattached gentleman in possession of a fortune. But what nobody knows, and would never suspect, is that he is not nearly as carefree as he seems, nor is his heart free for anyone's taking. It was already taken long ago, and when his lost love unexpectedly reappears, in London of all places, he's very much afraid that she still has it. ...the heart already knows. Lady Susannah Hawkins-Dean had no intention of ever seeing Colin again after their terrible departure sixteen years ago. She never wanted to see anyone that knew her in the past. There were too many secrets, too much shame, and he, of a...
Open Minds (Mindjack Series Book 1), by Susan Kaye QuinnWhen everyone reads minds, a secret is a dangerous thing to keep. Sixteen-year-old Kira Moore is a zero, someone who can't read thoughts or be read by others. Zeros are outcasts who can't be trusted, leaving her no chance with Raf, a regular mindreader and the best friend she secretly loves. When she accidentally controls Raf's mind and nearly kills him, Kira tries to hide her frightening new ability from her family and an increasingly suspicious Raf. But lies tangle around her, and she's dragged deep into a hidden underworld of mindjackers, where having to mind control everyone she loves is just the beginning of the deadly choices before her. MINDJACK SERIES Open Minds (Book One) <...
Rise of Order: An Age of Order Novella, by Julian NorthFive students. One secret. The birth of a dark revolution. On a private aircraft carrying Jenn Ansel and four of her high-school classmates, something goes terribly wrong. Instead of returning to their privileged lives in the elite enclave of Buckhead, the plane lands in the heart of divided, violent, Atlanta. And that is exactly what one of them wants. The debts of the past are coming due, but one person's revenge is another's opportunity&#8230; Come bear witness to the RISE OF ORDER. Rise of Order is a standalone novella that takes place in same universe as the award-winning Age of Order Saga. It's a fantastic way to be introduced to this dark-tinged future, or just a thrilling and thought-provoking way to ...

#306 ·
Bear at Sea (A Bear Jacobs Mystery Book 3), by Linda B. MyersCRUISES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MORE FUN THAN THIS Eunice Taylor wins the Arctic Angel Award for her effort to save the dwindling short-tailed albatross population. The wealthy octogenarian invites the Latin's Ranch gang on an Alaskan cruise to pick up her prize. Bear Jacobs, with bad memories of a sea voyage on a troop carrier bound for Vietnam, refuses to go. Then a murder at a nearby senior center puts the retired PI on the alert. Is Eunice in grave danger? His fear for her life - along with the prodding from his eWatson Lily - changes his mind about the cruise. He joins the other Latin's Ranch residents, along with two aides, as they sail away from Seattle. But high life on shipboard is soon dashed by low life murderers and thieves. Goo...
THE HOOD GAME: Rise of the Greenwood King, by J.P. Reedman"The arrow swift to wound is already drawn from the quiver ; soon will the blow be struck ..." Robin of Locksley joins the annual village games, signifying the ancient battle between the 'Lord of the Hood,' and The Dark. A night of good cheer turns to terror as soldiers arrive to arrest Robin's foster father, accused of poaching and witchcraft. During a struggle between Robin and a Norman master, the lord is killed and Robin made "wolfshead" - a term for a hunted man with a price on his head. Joining with his cousin Scarlet, John Little and Much the Miller's Son, they must flee across the bleak moors of Derbyshire where Robin encounters St.Anne of the Well, who reveals the real meaning of the...
Puppy Love: Life Lessons In Disobedience (Housewife Behaving Badly: A Humourous Twist on Domestic Bliss Book 1), by Amber MeyerSometimes a life filled with love needs a little bit of itching powder&#8230; Amber thought that marrying her childhood sweetheart would transform her life into a dream. It didn't take long to learn that navigating the trials and tribulations of marriage would take a wickedly dry sense of humor and more than a little optimism. Life has blessed Amber with a treasure trove of stories to tell&#8230; some painful, others sidesplittingly hilarious. Whether it be the death of her father-in-law followed close at hand by the arrival of an incorrigible yellow lab, or a dose of marital communication with a few pinches of strategically-placed itching powder, Amber has learned to stay true to herself. Even when she has to pull her three kid...
The Metaverse: Virtual Life-Real Death, by William KurthAn FBI Agent more comfortable hunting criminals the old fashioned way. A brilliant scientist who kills using Virtual Reality. And an Artificial Intelligence with an agenda of its own. The Metaverse, more than the "internet of things," is a place where humankind has devised a way to comfortably and seamlessly merge the biologic and the digital to the point that neither is readily distinguishable from the other. As people in ever greater numbers choose to live, work and play "In World," so too do those who prey on their fellow man. The Metaverse is a fast-paced Crime Thriller that takes place in the not too distant future with technology that even now is a part of our world. ...
Idiot's Tale: It's always darkest just before the end, by Anthony LandYou're a middle-aged former college professor turned penniless private investigator. Things start looking up when a beautiful and rich young woman bursts into your low-rent New Orleans office, announcing that she has just escaped from kidnappers. Within 24 hours you and your client are in Miami, with an ex-Mossad agent - the most violent woman you've ever met - guiding you through a tangle of lies, greed and murderous peril surrounding something diabolical called White Stone. You know you're out of your depth and you're starting to suspect that your guide is out of her mind. Idiot's Tale is unlike any thriller you've read, careening between mordant humor and nihilistic darkness, on its way ...
Love at First Bark (Free Short Story): A Novella for Dog Lovers (Love Unleashed), by Dana Mentink There's Just Something About Jackson When Marcy Deveraux's romance series catapults to the top of the New York Times bestseller list, no one is more surprised than Marcy herself. After all, she barely passed high school, flunked the driving test four times, and fell into a pool at her sister's wedding.

Marcy is keen to continue her literary success, but she cannot think of a single idea for her next book. Hounded by her agent, family, and friends, she decides to sequester herself in a rustic cabin in the mountains. There, she finds herself face-to-snout with a surprise visitor-a rascally black dog who must have escaped from his owner at a nearby campground.

Enter hunky cowboy Jackson Parker, w...
Spooky Followers, by S. Y. RobinsMystery Lorna Grindstaff lived an ordinary life in an ordinary village in Derbyshire. Running from the city to her refuge in the country after a bad breakup Lorna expected to live out her days in an ordinary fashion as an ordinary woman. Lorna craved ordinary but fate had different plans for the young woman. Shortly after the beginning of October Lorna meets a young couple on her nightly walk home from work. First the young man, and then the young woman. An odd pair they're well-mannered if dressed oddly, and obviously in love. But are they what they seem or is there more to their story than even Lorna can imagine? Soon Lorna is tangled in a web that she can't get out of and must find the answers that will...
An Awakened Heart (Orphan Train): An Orphan Train Novella, by Jody HedlundTrying to heal the ache she feels in her empty life, wealthy Christine Pendleton decides to volunteer at Centre Street Chapel. Ministering to one of the most deprived parts of New York City, the chapel aims at making a difference in the lives of the impoverished immigrants flooding the city. After seeing firsthand the hopelessness of the poor women and orphans, Christine is convinced more can be done to help them.

Guy Bedell has been serving at the chapel and pouring his heart out for the people he's grown to care about. When Christine begins to challenge his methods and offers a new vision for reaching out to the community, can he trust that perhaps God has bigger plans in store for him--plans that may include this feisty socialite?...

#307 ·
Book of Consolation: the sad truth of this world, by Mr. SecondThe world, in which we live, should not have existed. I have always felt it, but then could not explain why it was so. Now I can. I was engaged in the deciphering and translating of this book for many years before I decided to give it to the world. There are doubts even now, the cause of which there is no reason to describe. Presently only one thing is important: I cannot keep this knowledge only to myself. Many years later, I am nevertheless transmitting the "Book of Consolation" to the world, and letting fate decide whether it was the right choice. ===== This book, if read in unity of the heart and mind, will be a guiding light to all who want to return permanently from the world of darkness to the light of the...
The Rise and Fall Of A Poor Man, by John RoseReview 1: "So, I really didn't know what a tragicomedy was before reading this story, but seriously, there are no words that I have to even try to convey my feelings after finishing this book."[...] ""...not to mention how much thinking I did afterwards." - Jennifer Pierson: The Power of Three Readers Review 2:"The story is very captivating and the main here is very well crafted. He made me feel like I knew him. Loved this book." - Sabrina Rise and Fall Of A Poor Man is a tragicomedy inspired by real cases. It tells the story of a poor, nearly illiterate boy named Alexander Baum, who grew up in a street where crime and pove...
Helping Refugees on a Greek Island: How Volunteers Make a Difference, by Charmaine CraigThis ebook is a diary, describing Charmaine Craig's time on the shores of Greece in Fall of 2015. She was helping to rescue and providing aid to vulnerable war refugees. The number of arrivals from across the perilous Aegean Sea from Turkey has been then at their peak. ***ALL proceeds from the sale of this book will be used to help fund her future humanitarian efforts both at home and overseas*** Traditional news media has failed the war refugees and their struggles, as well as the volunteer work. The author's memoirs are the raw truth from the shores of Greece as she saw it, with no agenda other than serving fellow human beings with the dignity and respect they deserve. Charmaine Craig wants to spread awareness of the refug...
Shadowglade (Gem Powers Series Book 2), by Kay L. LingBEWARE of sentient spell books! It took teamwork and a clever plan to defeat the gnomes' gem master queen. And now, Lana and her allies face more dangers. Shadow is an ecological disaster. Monsters roam the land. And when Lana and her companions search the castle, they learn Sheamathan has a sentient spell book--with a bad attitude and instructions for revenge. Imprisoned and bitter over her defeat, Sheamathan eagerly awaits the coming disasters that will punish her enemies, both human and gnome. She believes that even if they survive, there's little chance the gnomes will discover their history, or learn the secrets she's kept for generations. But the spell book will surprise them all, changing every...
Refused Existence: Horror Stories From A Dark Universe, by Steven WainIt haunts our dreams. It stalks our streets and lurks within the halls of our homes. It tingles our spines and waters our eyes. A world very different to the daylight that accompanies us in the waking hours. It is there, waiting to be spotted, but it is never seen. We know it's there, but we tell ourselves it doesn't exist. Gathered here are ten twisted stories from this dark universe. A young girl walks home from school, unaware of the dark shadow which stalks her every step. A mother watches on as her child is slaughtered by a band of crazed psychopaths. A man makes his three hour journey home, wanting but failing to ignore the strange child who sobs in the back seat of his car. A boy sits alone in a ...
Nature of the Beast (Tangled Bonds Book 1), by Aimee BrissayAfter sorceress Alexandra tries to kill her insane father, her fae uncle expels her from the Otherworld to keep her safe. Living among humans, she wants nothing more than to leave her past behind. But working for the vampires and the werewolves doesn't shield her for long. When she saves a hurt werewolf pup, Alexandra inadvertently breaks the bond tying him with the pack and becomes his new alpha. This unheard-of shift exposes her to all kind of dangers, but it's the least of Alexandra's worries Back in the Otherworld, her father has not forgotten her and dispatches an assassin to kill her. But just who is this mysterious foe, and what will their arrival mean not only to Alexandra but to the delicate balance of the world?...
A Swedish Murder Case, by Nick LenoirOn a remote and little-known Swedish island with no criminal history, a nine-year-old girl has been killed. The island's inhabitants are determined to have the culprit arrested, but have no idea how to proceed. This hilarious and highly imaginative story follows the investigation of the colorful and clueless team that has been set up to solve an unprecedented murder case....
THE WITNESS, by Lily RobinsA US Marshal receives word that an unidentified witness and family are coming to his small western town to be placed in the Witness Protection Program. Louis Keane has never dealt with a WITSEC case. Most relocations are handled by marshals in metropolitan areas. This case is classified as Priority One, meaning that the witness must receive 24-hour protection until further notice. In the middle of the night during a fierce snowstorm, the witness and family arrive on a private jet at a small airport, and a man, woman and child are delivered into Keane's protective custody. The woman is obviously sick, the older man says little, and a young boy is asleep. Keane is thrown further off his game by who actually delivers them. The...

#308 ·
Against the Eldest Flame (Doc Vandal Adventures Book 1), by Dave RobinsonWhen Nazi gorillas try to crash a Zeppelin full of zombies into Doc Vandal's 87th floor home, he knows he's got trouble. Doc and his team have to track their attackers to a lost city half way across the world to find the secret behind the aerial attack. It's not just a physical battle Doc has to win, it's a contest for his very soul. On one side: An enemy older than time; Nazi aerial battleships; Man-eating dinosaurs. On the other: Doc Vandal, a man raised by artificial intelligences, and the world's foremost scientific adventurer; Gus, a gorilla with a fistful of doctorates, and secrets bigger than he is; Vic, an expatriate Russian countess and daredevil pilot with a p...
The Battle for England, by Bernard NeesonSeptember 1940: An Invitation to Hitler has tricked him into launched an assault on England. Now can Britain see off the Nazi invasion? Churchill's plan to throw back the German army is about to be put to the test. He is confident they can defeat the enemy. But not all his enemies are abroad, and not all his friends are at home. ...
The Mind of Stefan DĂĽrr: The SHIVA Syndrome Trilogy (Volume 1), by Alan JoshuaA mind research experiment studying human consciousness goes horrifyingly wrong. Thousands are killed when a Russian suburb is mysteriously destroyed, leaving a mile-deep crater in its place. At the same time, a U.S. space shuttle vaporizes in orbit, and a Canadian mountaintop is ripped away. One thing lies behind it all: The mind of Stefan DĂĽrr. Existence is dreary hell for Dr. Beau Walker. An embittered loner, he sleepwalks through life until the government virtually kidnaps him, hurling him into an incredibly menacing adventure beyond his wildest imaginings. Coerced into joining a U.S./Russian scientific team, Beau searches for the cause of the disasters. Beginning with a treacherous, life-threatening explora...
Gray Places, by Julia Byrd1790s Yorkshire, England - Katherine Gilbert sets out for Wainforth Manor in North Yorkshire to fulfill her father's last request. The master of Wainforth, Thomas Norcliffe, does not welcome her unannounced arrival, so Katherine must tread carefully around his dark moods while attempting to unlock the history buried in his ancestral home. After she receives more than one whispered warning from the townspeople in Wainforth Village, Katherine's initial audacity begins to waver. Deadly secrets from the Norcliffe family's past are resurfacing, and Katherine begins to realize that the biggest danger lies within herself-the wisest course is to leave, but she wants to stay at Wainforth Manor and uncover the truth about Thomas No...
Codename Angel: Cold War Thriller Series (The Angel Chronicles Book 1), by Jason ChapmanFans of the unexplained will lover this cold war conspiracy series When Cambridge physicist Professor Ralph Frederick is summoned to the office of wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill he is given a very unusual task. Frederick is put on a top secret committee Codenamed Angel who's role it is to investigate flying saucer sightings occurring up and down the United Kingdom. Codename Angel is the first book in a series of novels which explores a government struggling to cope with the aftermath of world war two, whilst struggling with the realisation that we may not be alone.. Codename Angel draws its inspiration from historical accounts and a memo Winston Churchill wrote in 1952 requesting information o...
Pandemic (The Extinction Files Book 1), by A.G. RiddleFrom A.G. Riddle, the worldwide bestselling author with OVER 3 MILLION COPIES SOLD, comes a sci-fi thriller readers are calling "addictive" and "an achievement that takes the genre to the next level." In Africa, a mysterious outbreak spreads quickly. Teams from the CDC and WHO respond, but they soon learn that there is more to the epidemic than they believed. It may be simply the beginning of a global experiment--one that will change the human race forever. FROM THE HARDCOVER EDITION A hundred miles north of Alaska, an American Coast Guard vessel discovers a sunken submarine at the bottom of the Arctic Ocean. It has no national identification and doesn't match the records of any known ves...
Borne: A Novel, by Jeff VanderMeer Named one of the most anticipated books of 2017 by The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Book Riot, Chicago Reader, The Week, and Publishers Weekly. "Am I a person?" Borne asked me. "Yes, you are a person," I told him. "But like a person, you can be a weapon, too." In Borne, a young woman named Rachel survives as a scavenger in a ruined city half destroyed by drought and conflict. The city is dangerous, littered with discarded experiments from the Company-a biotech firm now derelict-and punished by the unpredictable predations of a giant bear. Rachel ekes out an existence in the shelter of a run-down sanctuary she share...
The Castle, by Skye WarrenFINAL BOOK IN THE TRILOGY! Safe in the ivory tower... Gabriel Miller swears he'll keep me safe. Enemies lurk outside, waiting to strike. An army held back by these walls. Except some animal instinct warns me the danger is much closer. It's already here. Is Gabriel my protector or my enemy? Is this house a castle or a cage? There's nowhere for me to go, no one left for me to trust. No escape from a past determined to capture its prize. THE CASTLE is book three in the Endgame series from New York Times bestselling author Skye Warren about revenge and seduction in the game of love. This is the final novel in the story of Gabriel and Avery. "Positively...

#309 ·
Happily Ever After (Havenport Romance), by Ruth A. CasieFrom a fall from literary stardom to becoming the heroine in her own romance story, Beth Holmes has turned around her career and her love life. She owes it all to one very special person. Jarred Watson has loved Beth since he read her first novel and suspected the heroine was the embodiment of the author. But the road to romance was fraught with pitfalls. He almost lost everything because of a conniving agent and a little white lie that got out of hand. At the eleventh hour, with honesty and hard work, their book sales are off the charts and a movie deal is in negotiations. Interfering families, changed plans and missed deadlines take their toll. Will they go their separate ways or will Holmes and Watson continue their...
Human: Arca Book 2, by Karen DiemDeath? Acceptable risk. Taxes? No problem. Ancient magical cutlery of mass destruction? Bad, very bad. Following a brief foray into the world of superpowered vigilantism, extreme sports enthusiast and halfhearted tax preparer, Zita Garcia, wants her old life, her shiny new abilities, and none of the consequences. She's even willing to hide her powers since the alternative means endangering her family and living life as a literal lab rat. Unfortunately, supervillains are searching for the pieces of a decrepit magic dagger, hurting innocents and fueling nasty anti-super protests. Her close friends, who helped before, are barely speaking to her, and one of them stands in the path of the violent hunt for the knife. Zita bette...
Idiot's Tale: It's always darkest just before the end, by Anthony LandYour name is John Rainwater. You're an aging and penniless private investigator. You may have killed someone. You and your client are up to your necks in something terrifying. The female spy who is supposed to be keeping you alive may be insane. And tomorrow things could get really bad. It began when the rich and beautiful Morgana Trehane burst into your low-rent office near the New Orleans docks, claiming that she has just escaped from kidnappers who grilled her about something called White Stone, which may be the realization of the ancient dream of turning base metal into gold. Within 24 hours you and your client are in Miami, with ex-Mossad agent Roni Miller - the most violent woman you ever met - guiding you...
Lunora and the Monster King, by H.S. CrowThe Monster King's searching for a human, and word on the wind is Mother Leaf knows where it is! Wake to a New Horizon. The vast world of Caligo dwells beyond the gaze of humans. Inhabiting extraordinary fiends and deadly creatures, its black sun and moonless nights are hidden for one lone purpose-to keep us out. Fourteen-year-old Lunora wakes up scared and alone in this dark world, but she's not alone'and she's not welcome. Her treacherous journey to find her father will take her body and soul to the depths of despair as she must turn enemies into allies to survive. A Hyperion monster boy, Iko, must decide if he can trust a human over the will of his tribe and the rule of the ruthless Monster King. <b...
IF YOU'RE COMFORTABLE YOU'RE NOT GROWING: FINDING YOUR "TREMENDOUS", by DAN CHARLES POPEDon't live your life on pause! Instead, as Dan Charles Pope writes in his motivational guide, If You're Comfortable, You're Not Growing, "Live your life as if the world would pause when you are gone." During his long tenure as an elementary-school principal, Pope would begin a year by selecting a theme. This theme would inspire his staff to tackle a new facet of educational and professional development. Pope is now sharing these words of wisdom with you. Each lesson comes with a personal story that shows you the practical application of his advice. Pope is an expert at recognizing people's full potential and helping them reach it. With this guide, he's giving you everything you need to learn and grow. St...
Eat Fat, Get Fit: How to Create YOUR Perfect Diet to Lose Weight, Heal Your Gut, and Have More Energy, by Kusha KarvandiHow to Create Your Ideal Body Once and For All When you're trying to lose weight, it's reasonable to want to lose body fat in specific areas. You want flat abs, a tighter tummy, leaner legs, or less flabby arms. But often you're told it just isn't possible. Nonsense! I have seen my clients get the results they want faster than ever with a customized approach-helping them become their own diet detective to find which foods work best for their body. And now I want to share what I've discovered with you so you can have the body and confidence you desire. Avoid the Diet Myths and Short-Term Gains That Do More Harm Than Good The problem with the health and fitness industry is that...
The Darkest Autumn (Ambria I), by Daniel Roy GreenfeldThe adventure begins in Book One of this coming-of-age series. With sword and fire, the Dark Lord and his legions have carved a swath of pain and death across the world. His goal is the mountain nation of Ambria, a land ruled by benevolent wizards. Three teenage boys training to be knights join the defense of the land. Vetch, a warrior with a too-gentle heart who grieves over those he must slay to survive. His cousin, Gilder, strong and knowledgeable in ancient mysteries. And finally his friend, Dunn, whose instincts for battle steer him toward a hero's doomed fate. With no idea of the extent of the Dark Lord's power, Vetch and his friends struggle to stay alive. Time is running out though, and the D...
Dark Places, by Krista CairnWhat if a detective could see impossible clues? As a phase-shifter, things are always complicated, but what if that was only the start of her trouble? Dylan sees what she calls Traces, another person's visual memory of their death, but she can only do it when she's on the threshold between real and unreal. She hasn't been normal since the summer of her 14th birthday, but the Traces are only the start. Her gift, when she's brave enough to call it that, is that she is only as solid as the light around her, and she doesn't know how she does it. Whether by instinct or desire, she seeks out the shadows and other dark places that let her disappear. It helped in her job as a Night Courier, delivering high-value black-m...

#310 ·
The Call House: A Washington Novel, by C.P. StilesA war on vice In Washington, DC-a city constantly awash in scandals? Hard to believe, but it really happened. Only not exactly the way it's told here. In an upscale residential neighborhood, in a perfectly respectable apartment building, one of the best-known, high-priced call houses on the East Coast operates quietly on the top floor. Everything goes along smoothly until the DC Police and the FBI try to outdo each other in waging a war on vice. This funny, fast-paced novel casts 1940s Washington DC as the main character, not just the setting. And as the adolescent world capital fills up with trainloads of hopefuls, you'll get to know Mattie Simon, who wants some adventure, and Andrew Stevens, the newly...
Dark Places, by Krista CairnWhat if a detective could see impossible clues? As a phase-shifter, things are always complicated, but what if that was only the start of her trouble? Dylan sees a person's memory of their death projected over their body, like a movie, but only when she's shifting between the world around her and the invisible. In her former job as a Night Courier, she delivered high-value black-market packages to unidentified people. Her ability to shift made her unstoppable, rare, and valuable. Turning to smoke or vapour would seem like a good thing when it happens in dark and dangerous places, but she feared losing herself to it. Desperate to escape that life, she enlists the help of a police-office-turned-private-detective ...
Lie to Me: A gripping psychological thriller with a shocking twist, by Jess Ryder'I was hooked in from the very first page of this gripping, fast-paced story of secrets, relationships and betrayals.' Nicki's Life of Crime Three minutes. That's all it takes for Meredith's entire world to fall apart when she watches the videotape of her four-year-old self with Becca, the mother who abandoned her. Meredith can't believe what her eyes have seen. Yet what if her memory has locked away the painful reality of her childhood? Can there be any truth in the strange and dangerous story her mother forced her to tell on camera? The search for answers leads Meredith to Darkwater Pool, the scene of the murder of a young woman, Cara, over 30 years ago. Wha...
Sweet Tea and Spirits (Southern Ghost Hunter Book 5), by Angie Fox**USA Today bestselling series!** Southern girl Verity Long is about as high society as her pet skunk. Which is why she's surprised as anyone when the new head of the Sugarland social set invites her to join the "it" girls. But this is no social call. Verity's new client needs her to go in undercover and investigate strange happenings at the group's historic headquarters. But while spirits are whispering hints of murder, the socialites are more focused on Verity's 1978, avocado-green Cadillac. And when Verity stumbles upon a fresh body, she's going to need the long-dead citizens of Sugarland to help her solve the crime. Good thing she has the handsome deputy sheriff Ellis Wydell on hand, as well as her ghostl...
Home Invasion (The Survivalist Series), by A. AmericanMorgan and his extended family could see the light at the end of the tunnel, dim though it may be. There was the promise of power once again. The plant was being repaired and it looked as though it may actually run. While it meant lots of hard sweaty work, the reward was worth the investment. The farm was growing strong and community involvement was good. People were finally coming to terms with the fact that they needed to work together. So far, Mother Nature had been on their side. But that too was about to change. There was no shortage of problems. There were those in town with their own plans. And those plans did not include Sheriff Morgan Carter. For the most part, Morgan ignored the issue, thinking it would simply go away. But th...
The Gender Game 6: The Gender Plan, by Bella Forrest"I just had to believe we'd dealt a death blow of our own. 
 That today would be the beginning of the end..." Ready for the explosive PENULTIMATE BOOK in The Gender Game series? (As we move toward the grand finale in Book 7: The Gender End). Buy now!...
Men Without Women: Stories, by Haruki MurakamiA dazzling new collection of short stories--the first major new work of fiction from the beloved, internationally acclaimed, Haruki Murakami since his #1 best-selling Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage. Across seven tales, Haruki Murakami brings his powers of observation to bear on the lives of men who, in their own ways, find themselves alone. Here are vanishing cats and smoky bars, lonely hearts and mysterious women, baseball and the Beatles, woven together to tell stories that speak to us all. Marked by the same wry humor that has defined his entire body of work, in this collection Murakami has crafted another contemporary classic. From the Hardcover edition....
Hard Way (A Jon Reznick Thriller Book 4), by J. B. Turner Jon Reznick has never played by the rules, a trait that has brought him into conflict with FBI Assistant Director Martha Meyerstein in the past. But now Meyerstein has been taken by a shadowy gang, and the renegade black-ops specialist may be her only hope for rescue. The FBI are reluctant to let Reznick anywhere near the case, but he's not in the habit of seeking their permission-especially once his covert investigation leads him straight to the head of the Russian mob. And it soon becomes clear that it's not only Meyerstein who's in danger: her abduction is just the start of a campaign to undermine American law and order. With Meyerstein's whereabouts unknown, and the CIA and FBI seemingly operating at cross-purpo...

#311 ·
Kai & I (The Kai Sequence) (Book I ~ Episode I), by Jesse DeBalatroFor suspense-filled, dramatic science fiction, Kai & I is more than a brilliant read―Jesse DeBalatro sets a new standard for thought provoking techno thrillers at the leading edge of tomorrow's science. Already Artificial Intelligence is redefining human existence. AI helps us manage our days, navigate our roads, and plan our future. It won't be long until the line between human and artificial intelligence disappears altogether. Can humans be friends with AI? Fall in love? Procreate? Why not? Lilly Gladstone is a teenage prodigy--a white-hat hacker who uses her skills to try and make the world suck a little less. Moving to Vancouver to start her dual PhD/MD program in neuroscience at the University of Bri...
Risking Her Heart: A Contemporary Romance Novel, by Rochelle KatzmanDrake Morganthal. Billionaire playboy. He's ruthless in business and in bed. He'll sleep with you, rip your heart out, and never commit. He'll charm you, seduce you, and set your world on fire. He'll make you feel as if you're his woman, then claim you're only friends. Friends, as in call once in a while. Not friends with the potential of more. Drake doesn't do more. He's the exact type of man Livvie needs to stay away from, especially with her destructive pattern of dating narcissistic men who refuse to be monogamous. Until fate forces them to meet. Livvie wins a one-week stay at Morganthal Winery, owned by D...
Agadorah: Devil's breath, by Theresa A. JamesTwo twins were separated after their mother died in a bombing when they were twelve. Claire was adopted first and Juliana shortly after. She never gave up searching Claire. In the present day, Juliana receives a call. Her sister was found&#8230; dead near Whitby Abbey. Next to her was a child, her daughter Agadorah. Juliana takes her home&#8230; She was dreaming. She had to be. She was in a beach with black sand and red water, tick awful water. Something was in the water. A figure, with a heavy cloth, a hood covering her face &#8230; was emerging from the water. She was dripping water or blood. Or whatever it was. Oh my god, she couldn't run. She started to walk but with each step she was deeper and deeper in the sand. Help! Help! She wasn...
Story Trader: Return to Goat Junction- Book 1, by Dwain HouseIn post- apocalyptic Texas, organized tribes are trying to rebuild civilization. These developing groups are preyed upon by raiders who plunder and enslave them, and by primitive tribes of cannibal survivalists. Travel between enclaves is fraught with danger. Few people chance leaving their immediate territory, where villages offer some protection. Stonewall, a warrior, trader and storyteller, is among those who dare the wilds between the semi-civilized areas. Famed "story traders," such as Stonewall, engage the evil-doers in never ending warfare. For the surviving groups who choose a peaceful path the story traders provide trade goods and entertainment in the form of heroic and amusing stories. <...
The Devil's Poetry, by Louise ColeQuestions are dangerous but answers can be deadly. Callie's world will be lost to war - unless she can unlock the magic of an ancient manuscript. She and her friends will be sent to the front line. Many of them won't come back. When a secret order tells her she can bring peace by reading from a book, it seems an easy solution - too easy. Callie soon finds herself hunted, trapped between desperate allies and diabolical enemies. The Order is every bit as ruthless as the paranormal Cadaveri. Callie can only trust two people - her best friend and her ex-marine bodyguard. And they are on different sides. She must decide: how far will she go to stop a war? Dare she read this book? What's the price - and who pays it? <b...
Ravenheart (Crossbreed Series Book 2), by Dannika Dark"WE ALL HAVE SECRETS, RAVEN. DARK ONES. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US." Book 2 in the Crossbreed series Two weeks after joining Keystone, Raven Black is ready to take on the world as a criminal hunter for hire. If only her partner wasn't a bloodsucking Vampire with a penchant for getting under her skin. Despite her lavish surroundings, Raven misses the freedom of life without rules. And Keystone's next assignment is about to test her self-control in more ways than one. Dead bodies are popping up in the human district, and all signs point to a Breed serial killer. In order to catch him, Raven and Christian embark on a mission that takes their partnership into uncharted waters. Lives are at stake. C...

#312 ·
Be Still the Water: A slow-burning novel of tragedy, hope and love, by Karen EmilsonShortlisted for the 2017 Margaret Laurence Award for Fiction IPPY 2017 Silver Medalist From the bestselling author of "Where Children Run" comes a smoldering tale, set in 1906 along the unspoiled shores of Lake Manitoba. "Be Still the Water" brings us into the fold of the Gudmundsson Family--immigrants determined to begin life anew in the Icelandic farming and fishing community of Siglunes.At the heart of the novel is dutiful Asta, the middle daughter who lives in the shadow of her siblings--fiery Signy, headstrong Leifur and sweet, naive Freyja. When Freyja goes missing, Asta embarks on a quest to bring her sister home. She tells the family's story some seventy years later, while on her deathbed, fina...
Live Your Life, Forget the Diet, Find Your Zen, by Kenny GloverIs it possible to reach and maintain a goal weight by eating the same foods found in your daily life? Looking for the perfect diet; Find Your Zen instead. Discover where the balance for mind, body, and spirit can be found. Become a part of the natural world. Start up the trail to a Happy, Healthy Life by answering these questions: â—Ź Figure out why you are eating? â—Ź What time of day are you hungry? â—Ź Determine Your Yearly Cycle. â—Ź What's Your Kryptonite? â—Ź What's Your Zen? â—Ź Can I cook restaurant meals in my own Family Cafe? â—Ź Do you have an Outdoor Space? â—Ź Are you part of the Natu...
The Third Wave: Eidolon, by John O'BrienIn 2003, the largest recorded solar flare collided with Earth. The sensors measuring the solar storm were destroyed at an X28 rating, but it was determined later to be an X45 class flare. A satellite monitoring solar activity picks up something far surpassing that classification and on a collision course. A solar storm, so strong that X classifications no longer apply, hits the CERN large hadron collider at the moment of particle collision, sending a quantum wave around the world. Souls are ripped from the over 7 billion people that are in its path, many immediately succumbing. Those remaining either feel nothing or are tormented by endless agony. Only a few escape its path. Sam and his teenage daughter Erin return to ...
Star Force: Return to Earth, by Aer-ki JyrBoth Mak'to'ran and Star Force return to the Sol/Terraxis System, setting up a summit meeting that will irrevocably alter both civilizations going forward....
The Gorge: A Thriller, by Scott Nicholson"One of the most thrilling writers working today. Miss him at your peril." - Blake Crouch, Wayward Pines An experimental rafting expedition, an FBI manhunt for a delusional killer, and the worst storm in decades collide in the remote mountain wilderness...and then THEY come out. THE GORGE Bowie Whitlock and a team of celebrity athletes are commissioned to test two experimental rafts in the rugged Unegama Gorge in the remote Appalachian Mountains, considered the most dangerous whitewater rapids in the eastern United States. FBI agent Jim Castle and his partner are in the gorge looking for Ace Goodall, a deranged abortion clinic bomber. Ace, accompanied by a fragile young woman, is suffering visions...
Demon Lights (Blackwater Lights Trilogy), by Michael M. HughesFrom the cult-favorite author of Blackwater Lights comes the finale to a dark paranormal horror trilogy in the cosmic horror vein of H. P. Lovecraft. The world is collapsing. Governments have fallen, and anarchy reigns. Yet a greater danger looms imprisoned in ancient objects from distant space: bodiless aliens with an all-consuming thirst for freedom . . . and human blood. They have a strong ally in Lily, a powerful sorceress and leader of a globe-spanning cult. In an isolated compound deep in the frozen north, Lily cultivates a group of children whose paranormal abilities can be harnessed to unleash the alien apocalypse. Now she has acquired the final pieces to the puzzle: a gifted young boy named Wil...
Walking on Edge: A Pilgrimage to Santiago, by Reino Gevers"I soon realised that it was one of the hardest things to train the mind to remain focused. It was like a butterfly following every curve ball of distraction thrown at it. And so often on the Camino, I had to learn the lesson that when my mind was distracted, I would inevitably miss the yellow way markers and get lost." After getting lost in the Pyrenees Jake is ready to give-up and return him. Then he meets fellow pilgrim Chuck who guides him with words of wisdom and encouragement. A Path walked by pilgrims for centuries becomes for Jake a modern-day journey of self-discovery and spiritual awakening. Like the ancient masters who sent their students on a journey to uncharted places, Jake discovers that it is within the unknown and...
The Only Child, by Andrew PyperThe #1 internationally bestselling author of The Demonologist radically reimagines the origins of gothic literature's founding masterpieces-Frankenstein, Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Dracula-in a contemporary novel driven by relentless suspense and surprising emotion. This is the story of a man who may be the world's one real-life monster, and the only woman who has a chance of finding him.

As a forensic psychiatrist at New York's leading institution of its kind, Dr. Lily Dominick has evaluated the mental states of some of the country's most dangerous psychotics. But the strangely compelling client she interviewed today-a man with no name, accused of the most twisted crime-s...

#314 ·
Them Inside Me (The Plan Book 1), by Toki SmithSeveral women come together to support each other while trying to find healthy ways to deal with the traumas each has faced. But during the course of their 8 week support group, betrayal, self-doubt and even murder begins to threaten their path to becoming survivors. "Them Inside Me" is a look at sexual assault and the long-term consequences....
If I can Just Focus: 5 Keys to Sanity and Success, by Ubong EkpoIs focus just about priorities and the right time management principles to being productive? How about fixing the fundamental reason why productivity and time management principles don't usually work? Do you know how to connect a busy daily Schedule with life goals, or have you had a busy week lately, yet knew inside that your life isn't really moving forward? Ubong Ekpo has helped individuals, leaders and teams in the US and Europe to discover and execute life and crucial goals. This book helps you out with a Question toolbox to find your core competence and provides practical how-tos on achieving a life of balance and success. Ubong draws on up-to-date research and years of coaching experience that has helped ot...
Deception: Secrets, Lies, and Scandals, by Heather WalshA seemingly innocent meeting in a café. A slowly executed seduction. A softly whispered demand to wear red to an upcoming benefit. When Investigator Katherine Collins discovers new evidence in a six-year-old murder, the significance is terrifying. Suspicious of ADA Stephen Chandler's involvement, Kat succeeds in avoiding him until the night of the benefit, when Stephen's biggest rival is the victim of an attempted murder. Convinced the bullet was meant for her, Kat's trapped in a deadly game of lies and deceit as Stephen's relentless pursuit intensifies. Despite her attempts to discourage him, Kat struggles against an overpowering desire for a man she should never trust. Captivated b...
The First Word, by Isley Robson To stay sane, Andie Tilly must keep her mind on her work. Her job as a pediatric occupational therapist is the perfect distraction from the unspeakable tragedy she experienced as a child. But when she meets alternative-energy magnate Rhys Griffiths and his autistic toddler, Will, she quickly realizes her heart will never be the same. Especially when her name becomes Will's first word. After accepting a position as a live-in therapist for Will, Andie steels herself against the appeal of the disconcertingly attractive-and attracted-Rhys. But their chemistry can no longer be denied, and their heated affair seems destined for happily ever after. A destiny Andie's terrified to embrace. When Andie's guilt, Rhys's awkwar...
North Haven, by Sarah Moriarty Sarah Moriarty's stunning debut is a portrait of the family scars and faults passed along the generations, brilliantly capturing life on the Maine coastline, where time seems to stand still even as the waters never stop moving. On an island in Maine, four siblings arrive at their sprawling, old summer place for the Fourth of July. It's the Willoughbys' first summer without their parents, and their beloved house is falling apart. When a substantial offer is made on the estate, the two brothers and two sisters are forced to confront issues they had hoped to keep hidden. An homage to the layers and limits of the family bond, North Haven explores the shifting allegiances between siblings as they contend with t...
Say You're Sorry (Morgan Dane Book 1), by Melinda Leigh In this thrilling series from Amazon Charts and Wall Street Journal bestselling author Melinda Leigh, former prosecutor Morgan Dane faces the most personal-and deadly-case of her lifetime. After the devastating loss of her husband in Iraq, Morgan Dane returns to Scarlet Falls, seeking the comfort of her hometown. Now, surrounded by family, she's finally found peace and a promising career opportunity-until her babysitter is killed and her neighbor asks her to defend his son, Nick, who stands accused of the murder. Tessa was the ultimate girl next door, and the community is outraged by her death. But Morgan has known Nick for years and can't believe he's guilty, despite the damning evidence stacked aga...
Ravenheart (Crossbreed Series Book 2), by Dannika Dark"WE ALL HAVE SECRETS, RAVEN. DARK ONES. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US." Book 2 in the Crossbreed series Two weeks after joining Keystone, Raven Black is ready to take on the world as a criminal hunter for hire. If only her partner wasn't a bloodsucking Vampire with a penchant for getting under her skin. Despite her lavish surroundings, Raven misses the freedom of life without rules. And Keystone's next assignment is about to test her self-control in more ways than one. Dead bodies are popping up in the human district, and all signs point to a Breed serial killer. In order to catch him, Raven and Christian embark on a mission that takes their partnership into uncharted waters. Lives are at stake. C...
Omega Force: Revolution (OF9), by Joshua DalzelleFor thousands of years the ConFed has been the most powerful force in the quadrant. It is the umbrella under which hundreds of planets and trillions of beings live in relative peace ... despite the corruption and waste, it's a system that most accept as preferable to the chaos that would ensue in its absence. Rumors have swirled around about the demise of the ConFed for as long as Jason Burke had been in space, a lone human among countless alien species. He largely ignored them ... until now. For the first time since any of the members of Omega Force can remember, someone may have figured out how to destroy the ConFed without directly engaging its powerful military. As one crewmember's past seems connected to the curre...

#315 ·
Animal Graph (YA Amazonian Eco-Fic Dystopia) (Graph World Book 1), by M. Black"IT IS GOOD, VERY STRANGE ON ONE HAND YET THRILLING AND EDGE OF YOUR SEAT! I LOVE THE BEGINNING WHERE THE READER IS IN THE ACTION FROM THE START! I ALSO LOVE THE WHOLE IDEA OF THE GRAPHS." -Reader Review "THE BOOKS ARE AMAZING!" -Amazon Reader "VERY CREATIVE!" -Amazon Reader "GOOD STORY! I DIDN'T WANT IT TO END!" Amazon Reader Animal Graph is a YA Amazonian Eco-Fic Dystopia and is the third story from dystopian author M. Black (Simulation, Exotiqa, Animal Graph). Her novels are branded Enter Tomorrow with a focus on robots, artificial intelligence, simulations, wildlife, grafting, cloning, illusions, or futuristic technology. This novel came to her in a dream. Set in the ...
Asterisk and Puppy (Children's books Book 1), by Gennady StargYou are holding the the first book about the amazing adventures of a small asterisk. But do not be discouraged - already ready to print storest about the baby, o fin dolphin , o saved forest and much more.Read and become together with heroes of books bold and kind!...
Murder in Whistler: A Northwest Cozy Mystery, by Dianne HarmanWhen DeeDee and her boyfriend, Jake, head to Whistler, British Columbia, to see her sister, Roz, and enjoy a little down time from her new catering business, Deelish, and his job as a private investigator, the last thing they expect is to become involved in a murder. What makes it even worse is the person murdered is DeeDee's former neighbor, Johnny Roberts. He was a bigger-than-life person and the owner of a very successful Mercedes Benz dealership in Seattle, but did he have secrets? And who would want Johnny dead? Was it the man who years ago had tried to get Johnny's wife, Cassie, to leave Johnny and marry him? Was it the sexy saleswoman in Johnny's dealership who didn't care whether or not Johnny was marr...
UNAWARE: A Suspense Novel, by Susan P. BakerWhat you don't know CAN hurt you. Frustrated with the two controlling men in her life, Dena Barlow Armstrong has outlined a rosy future for herself and her children, independent of them. Her husband, Zack, constantly pushes her to turn over her inheritance to him, and when she doesn't, he punishes her with his indifference. Her law partner and cousin, Lucas, controls her money and the types of cases she accepts. Just as Dena begins to achieve her goal of independence, someone emerges with very different plans for her. Unaware of the danger she faces, Dena lives each day as a wife, mother, and attorney. Then one day, when her husband is out of town, the stranger lurks in her garage, waiting until she and the child...
No Way Back- The Underworlds, by Dennis ScheelA search for a way home becomes a journey into Denida's past. When his son Daniel is transported by an ancient gate, Denida follows thinking it will be an easy matter to return home. As they travel from world to world, Denida starts to wonder just who he is and why almost everyone knows more about him than he does himself. At home his wife and friends send a robot to follow Denida's tracks as treachery undermines their efforts. Through magic, treachery and darkness, Denida fights his way towards home, no longer a matter of missing his wife, but of preserving his home and all the underworlds from evil....
Chrysalis: Episode 1 (Chrysalis Blooms), by Shaun DowdallWhen Lisa Joyce sneaks out, it isn't a boy or her friends she goes to meet, but nightmares brought to life&#8230; In a world where monsters and demons roam the night, preying on the innocent, it is Lisa's duty to fight the darkness. The responsibility was inherited, but even so, she can't begin to comprehend the magnitude of the life that lies before her. As an outsider who never quite fits in, Lisa is different. She is stronger and faster than everyone else, and her heightened senses grant her unusual abilities. They are the perfect gifts for a monster hunter, but nothing but a curse for a girl trying to find her place in high school. When a fiend strikes Fisher Creek High, Lisa can't help but take it...
ALL UP: Odyssey of the Rocketmen, by J. W. RinzlerThe perfect epic gift for Father's Day! -- ALL UP is the thrilling behind-the-scenes saga of the first Space Age, which dramatizes the lives of its three death-defying Godfathers: Faustian engineer Wernher von Braun, occultist/explosive specialist Jack Parsons, and secret titan/principal designer Sergei Pavlovich Korolev-as told by the author who brought you the amazing stories behind STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES. Ranging from cloak-and-dagger espionage and the blitzkrieg battles of World War II to the atomic deserts of Fort Bliss and the nail-biting missions launched at Cape Canaveral, ALL UP is the complete telling of the events that climaxed with Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins, and Buzz Aldrin's legendary trip to the Moon--the ...
Called: Age Of Expansion - A Kurtherian Gambit Series (The Ascension Myth Book 3), by Ell Leigh Clarke After earning access to a secret base beneath their safe house, Molly and her team are beyond excited by the "toys" they find. However, before they get to explore the super advanced tech and ships they find there, they need to pass one more test. A test which may be more convoluted and intriguing than they could possibly have imagined. Fighting conspiracies, and outright assaults, Molly and her merry band find themselves on a series of riling missions to save lives, and do the right thing, against all odds. Sean Royale also seems to have a few more surprises up his sleeve, and Maya Johnstone isn't going down without a fight, leaving the General very few options. Set on th...

#316 ·
Butterfly Kisses (The Orange Blossom Series Book 1), by Leigh DuncanButterfly Kisses is the first book in The Orange Blossom series, the latest in heartwarming Women's Fiction from National Readers' Choice Award winner, Leigh Duncan. Justine Gale just got incredible news. The struggling single mom has inherited the flourishing citrus grove where she spent idyllic summers and formed lifelong friendships. Once on the fast track to success, Justine has recently learned her five-year-old daughter faces a lifetime of expensive medical treatments. Treatments, she can't afford. The decision to sell the land her family has owned for generations seems like the simple and smart way for Justine to provide for her daughter's future. But when she returns to Orange Blossom, she quickly realizes her plans c...
And With the Shadow People Be, by Dan NewmanFrom Dan Newman, the author of The Clearing and The Journalist, comes a novella that takes readers, shaking and terrified, back into the jungles of the Caribbean. Nate Mason sits in the office of a therapist, unable to move past the trauma he lived through on St. Lucia. Gently she wheedles another, similar story out of him, a story that serves as a screen for his own unspeakable memories. The tale of a girl named Jessie and her father, two ex-pats who had taken up residence on the isle. Their Jeep gets stuck in a rut, too late in the day and far from home, and both Jessie and her father must contend with the demons of the island, both real and imagined, over the course of one horrifying night. ďż˝...
Curry Fish Head, by Janday LeeIt started with a bowl of curry fish head... Candy acquired a special ability after her car accident. This ability changed her life and she gained a special friend...through the bowl of curry fish head. You'll discover an unusual friendship; a unique ghost story; a strange encounter with humour and mystery...all in this book....
The Bear Trap (Mike Bowditch Mysteries), by Paul Doiron "Breathless pacing, dark humor, wildlife, and vivid characters." -Boston Globe In this original short story in the Mike Bowditch mystery series, legendary Maine woodsman and bush pilot Charley Stevens tries to convince young Mike Bowditch of the dangers awaiting rookie game wardens. INCLUDES AN EXCLUSIVE EXTENDED EXCERPT FROM PAUL DOIRON'S KNIFE CREEK! "Nobody knows the woods of Maine like the rugged individuals who eke out a living by hunting, fishing and cutting timber. And nobody knows the region's inhabitants like Mike Bowditch, the young game warden in Paul Doiron's manly mysteries." -New York Times Book Review ...
The Last Empress: A Jordinia Prequel Novella, by C.K. BrookeBook #0.5 in the Jordinia series ~ Before the New Republic seized the nation, before its legendary duchess was ever lost or found...there was the last empress. On her eighteenth birthday, NĂ©andra Gatspierre, daughter of the Earl of Witham, learns that she has been chosen to wed Jordinia's future emperor, Dane Ducelle IV. In the diary she receives as a gift, NĂ©andra chronicles her days from arriving to the palace in Pierma as a new bride and accepting the crown as empress, to navigating a complex marriage and suppressing her dangerous affections for another man. Meanwhile, an ill-starred succession of famine, economic decline, and plague threatens to inspire the country's most disgruntled citizens to full-fle...
Multiverse: Stories Across Realms, by Steve RzasaFrom author Steve Rzasa comes a collection of short stories written over the past eight years, encompassing a multitude of worlds. Good and evil, faith and doubt, collide in ten tales, including... A starship captain recovers a dangerous passenger. A dragon's death offers a soldier the chance to soar. A crew risks everything for innocent aliens. A couple gets the drop on British soldiers. Multiverse knows no bounds. Contents: Rescued (2009) Hunting Souls (2010) Lost in the Crowd (2011) In the Bag (2013) Turncoat (2014) The Torchbearer (2015) Send & Receive (2015) Bail Out: A Human Intervention (2016) The Giftwing (2016) Uphi...
Island Quarantine, by Blaze EastwoodWhen a pandemic sweeps across the country, those who are infected by the virus are sent to an island to keep them separate from the rest of the world. But when Emory makes some shocking discoveries in the quarantine zone, he realizes there is more to the pandemic than he thought. As his symptoms get worse, he knows he needs to find outside help. With guards surrounding the island, he feels trapped in a human experiment that has the power to kill off all the test subjects. As Emory's discoveries become more shocking, he becomes more desperate to find answers, but time is running out....
Candlebright: A Rescuer Novel, by Larry CrossTo the casual observer, Thomas Candlebright was a regular ordinary guy, with a regular ordinary family going about their regular ordinary everyday lives, just like everyone else. But, Thomas also had a not so ordinary, not so everyday, secret. Not a superhero by any stretch, and working without tights or a cape, his task was to rescue righteous victims from the grasp of evil doers before they could be physically harmed. Thomas Candlebright was The Rescuer....

#317 ·
From the Dark (Nightfall Book 1), by Andy Huang Injected with a cerebral implant he didn't want and can't remove, Gerrard Meyers must unravel its secret or be consumed by what lies within. The former Navy lieutenant is catapulted into a terrifying world of clandestine manipulations and the secret behind the spacecraft control technology - the Whisper. He joins Inca, a super-soldier who must fight her own nation to save it; and Strontium, an Undersecretary of Defense with a chance to expose the horrific origins of the Whisper, but only by allowing pirates to invade his homeworld. To survive the coming war, Gerrard must first overcome the most dangerous enemy - his own troubled mind. If you enjoy adventure, space b...
Independence - Heartland style teen adventure romance for horse lovers (The Holiday Series Book 4), by Laura Hesse"Independence has all the makings of a great story - for young and old alike. Hesse has created nuanced characters who come alive on the page, and tell a story filled with twists and turns. There is even a bit of a romance thrown into the mix." The Canadian Horse Journals What do a surfer chic and a cowboy have in common? Nothing, until the temperature starts to rise. Upon arrival in the interior of British Columbia, Susie realizes that she has just entered the Twilight Zone when she finds her grandparents, eight year-old step-brother, a massive Irish wolfhound, and two horses waiting on her arrival. The love-struck handsome rancher's son, Andy, who lives next door isn't much better. Does he really think that s...
Souls by the Sea, by Jessie G. TalbotKidnapped and held for ransom in a dream-town by the Witch Next Door, Burlie McLauren must fight her way back to reality. Her family, her beloved little sister, needs her. But Fisk Iping is powerful. He's sure no broken, helpless girl can beat him. He's wrong. Souls by the Sea, an ongoing paranormal fantasy series with an unexpected, but very effective, young heroine. The Great Recession has its hooks in the McLauren family. A new start in a new town comes with new problems, Souls by the Sea has a larger Dissimilar community than they would like. Still, the monsters make for a great distraction. Until something, or someone, goes terribly wrong. When that happens, Burlington 'Burlie' McLauren shows everyone what real strength loo...
One Life: A Romantic Friendship, by Alex MaysonOften it's the clouds that make the sunset... "I am alone," Michael said. He could see Aron searching for words. "Would it be a terrible cliché if I said you aren't alone anymore? I want to help." "Why? Why would you help me?" Aron shrugged. "I don't know." The two men held eye contact for a short time before Michael spoke. "I've been meaning to tell you something all night." "What's that?" "Thank you," he smiled warmly. Aron returned his smile. "How old are you, Mike?" Michael glanced at his watch. It was one minute past midnight. "I'm sixteen... today." Throughout his turbulent life...
The Sundial Salesman: `This is a life where you have to take what you can when you can while you can - because you can't take it with you.', by Chassis Albuquerque A hilarious web of mistaken identity, adultery and blackmail that slowly unravels with disastrous consequences, The Sundial Salesman is the gritty, autobiographical account of morally vague Ealing Broadway. 42 and bankrupt, the consequence of highly dysfunctional parents who insist he's adopted, Broadway attempts extorting his depraved, womanising boss, Mason Shimansky, CEO of one of the most powerful companies in the world. Only Shimansky has other plans for him. Just another day in America's downtown forgotten wasteland, Little Tokyo (a lot like Chinatown, only Japanese), can Broadway prevent a young woman's death and redeem his own seamy existence? `Life's a balance of one's expectations and the bud...
Lazzar: The Kur'ik Minor Incident (The Wolves Den Book 0), by Serena SimpsonLove was forbidden, the only question left was would they die for a chance to touch paradise? Lazzar spent his long life doing what he was created to do, fighting the enemy. He expected to live and die that way until he saw her. One look into her eyes across a war-torn battlefield, and he knew he wanted to be more than a warrior who died for an unworthy cause. Every time Amira closed her eyes all she could see was the male with eyes so bright they were stamped into her heart. Now they were on shore leave, and she was doing what she knew was forbidden, spending time with him. A night together would be overlooked, but falling in love was punishable by death. They knew it, but neither were strong enough to leav...
The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen Series Book 1), by Emily R. King In Emily R. King's thrilling fantasy debut, an orphan girl blossoms into a warrior, summoning courage and confidence in her fearless quest to upend tradition, overthrow an empire, and reclaim her life as her own. As an orphan ward of the Sisterhood in the ancient Tarachand Empire, eighteen-year-old Kalinda is destined for nothing more than a life of seclusion and prayer. Plagued by fevers, she's an unlikely candidate for even a servant's position, let alone a courtesan or wife. Her sole dream is to continue living in peace in the Sisterhood's mountain temple. But a visit from the tyrant Rajah Tarek disrupts Kalinda's life. Within hours, she is ripped from the comfort of her home, set on a desert trek, and ord...
The Hollow Crown (The Kingfountain Series Book 4), by Jeff Wheeler Following the downfall of a tyrant in the Wall Street Journal bestselling Kingfountain trilogy, years have passed in prosperity for the kingdom of Ceredigion. Now, as the time comes to celebrate the new king's nuptials, the specter of a new enemy emerges to destroy all that has been painstakingly built in those years. Tryneowy Kiskaddon has grown up learning military and diplomatic strategy from her father, one of the king's closest advisors. She feels her destiny lies in defending the kingdom as a knight, not as a Wizr as her parents have decided, though no lady of the realm has taken up the sword in a century. As she seeks to understand her own Fountain-blessed powers, she studies in the tradition of her mother while t...

#318 ·
Behind Frenemy Lines, by Chele Smith WalskyWho do you trust when you fall in love? When you're a spy, sometimes not even yourself... An old Hollywood scandal, White House threats, and steamy espionage heat up this rom-com spy mystery. When "secret agent" Galaxy O'Jordan joins the team, she's trying hard to swear off love while mending a broken heart --and all those pails of ice cream aren't helping! It's just her luck when she's paired with chivalrous hunk Lee Clancy, surveillance specialist. Soon they're smitten, despite their best efforts to play it cool. As they muddle their way through clues and calamities amid suspicion and a percolating chemistry they can't deny, it leads to trysts in unusual places. Suddenly the case veers off track and is more than it sets ou...
The Dead Man Chronicles: Fear: A Superhero Action-Thriller Novel, by Ellis E. FowlerDerek Willows lives in fear. He's afraid of the crime families that call on him to use his access as a reporter for their sinister plans. He's afraid that his family will be ripped apart, that he'll end up dead, like his father. But fear is a luxury he can no longer afford. When the sadistic crime lord, the Viper kidnaps his pregnant wife. Derek turns to his city's superhero vigilante, the Dead Man for help. But disaster strikes. Now the hero is dying, and Derek has to assume the mantle of the Dead Man to save the ones he loves.Aided by cutting-edge technology and an unexpected ally, Derek must uncov...
The Crossing of Bridges, by Summer MungerSometimes healing heartbreak means crossing over oceans of pain, ravines of memory and rivers of regret. Both Sarah Chapman and Larissa Olivera learned that lesson and crossed over their loss, as well as the Atlantic Ocean. Sarah is a young, thriving American advertising executive working on the busy streets of London. Larissa, a proud Brazilian recovering from the recent death of her mother, owns a quaint cafe in a small town outside of the city. Both are strong women who love the lives they've worked so hard to build. It's only when a chance meeting puts them face to face with each other that they begin to wonder if those lives could be shared....
WEIGHT LOSS with STRENGTH TRAINING. How to Lose Fat and Build Muscle with Strength Training, Flexible Dieting and Goal Setting. Includes Strength Training ... Gain, Strength Training, Bodybuilding), by Anand JLooking For a Permanent Weight Loss Solution? For a limited time get the ultimate solution to weight loss for just $0.99. Regularly priced at $4.99. Read on your PC, Mac, smart phone, tablet or Kindle device. Did you know that over 95% of diets fail in the long term? It's not because people are not able to lose weight; its because people can't keep the weight off after losing. Most people gain back all the weight they lost and many even gain more weight than before. If this is you, this is the ulimate guide to lose weight and keep it off after losing it. This is not a lose weight fast program. You will have to put in the work to see the long term results. You will learn the basics of strength ...
A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick Book 2), by Kendra Elliot An Amazon Charts and Wall Street Journal bestseller. Raised by a family of survivalists, FBI agent Mercy Kilpatrick can take on any challenge-even the hostile reception to her homecoming. But she's not the only one causing chaos in the rural community of Eagle's Nest, Oregon. At first believed to be teenage pranks, a series of fires takes a deadly turn with the murder of two sheriff's deputies. Now, along with Police Chief Truman Daly, Mercy is on the hunt for an arsonist turned killer. Still shunned by her family and members of the community, Mercy must keep her ear close to the ground to pick up any leads. And it's not long before she hears rumors of the area's growing antigovernment militia moveme...
The Good Widow: A Novel, by Liz Fenton Bestselling authors Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke make their suspense debut in this twisty, emotional thriller. Elementary school teacher Jacqueline "Jacks" Morales's marriage was far from perfect, but even in its ups and downs it was predictable, familiar. Or at least she thought it was&#8230;until two police officers showed up at her door with devastating news. Her husband of eight years, the one who should have been on a business trip to Kansas, had suffered a fatal car accident in Hawaii. And he wasn't alone. For Jacks, laying her husband to rest was hard. But it was even harder to think that his final moments belonged to another woman-one who had left behind her own grieving and bewildered fiancé. Nick, just ...
Scion of Raizel (The Divine Elements Book 3), by DamanOfficial Website: http://www.worldoftde.com After finding out that members of the Raizel clan were still alive, Calron sets out on a new journey to search for his family and finally learn the secrets of his birth and who he is. Reuniting with old friends and new, Calron builds himself a home in the new city of Selior. With a mysterious secret that he inherited from his Master, the young man establishes his influence amongst the Nobles and merchants. A secret that people will kill him and his friends for. This is the start of where Calron becomes a true member of the Raizel clan....
No Medals for Secrets (Poor Man's Fight Book 4), by Elliott KayThe Union of Humanity exists only because the aliens demanded it. After a hundred different treaties and countless broken promises, mankind's powerful neighbors forced humanity into a common defense and a single diplomatic voice. Yet within the Union's borders, the human race is as fractious as ever. When the star system of Archangel is invaded by the three greatest corporations in human space, the Union is powerless to intervene. Corporal Alicia Wong thrives on the front lines. She doesn't like the war, but she likes the challenges and the clear-cut goals. She likes knowing who her friends and enemies are, too. Yet after uncovering evidence of alien contact in violation of Union laws, Alicia finds herself in a world of esp...

#319 ·
Trouble at the Vicarage: From the cold case files of Detective Chandler (Detective Jack Chandler Book 1), by Scott AndrewsWhen new evidence in the ten-year-old murder case of the Reverend Cavendish is revealed, by the deceased vicar's son, Detective Jack Chandler is put on the case, but imagines that it will just lead to another dead end and a lot of wasted time. While he digs into the past of the somewhat unorthodox Cavendish, Chandler begins to uncover what he was really like. Rebellious, difficult to live with and a handsome ladies man who embarked on countless affairs. The list of potential suspects for who plunged a knife into his heart could be a long one. And as the cold case begins to warm up and the true machinations within the Cavendish family begin to come to light, it reveals a family that is dysfunctional at best and deeply flawed and ...
SAUL (The Great Curve Book 1), by Bradley HornerThe choice to be a hero is simple, even in the future. When a world-quake takes everything from you, you fight to survive. You save your daughter and the rest can go to hell. In a world where nanotech suffuses everything, Saul teaches his students how to manipulate matter. Little did he know that time was about to run out for the overpopulated planet of seventeen billion people. When the quake strikes, he does everything he can to get to his daughter Catherine's side, keeping what is left of his family together. The fact that the rest of the world sees him as a hero matters little to a man on a mission....
Midlife Crisis: A thriller with a humorous twist, by Belinda BennettTwo people. One big misunderstanding A story that gives the menopause the heave-ho with a triumph over horrid hormones. Middle-age doesn't suit Sammy-Jo Jacobs. In fact, it's her worst nightmare come true. And she can't cope. Trapped in a loveless marriage, her life spirals out of control as she struggles with the effects of the menopause. After suffering a panic attack in an up-market London boutique, she is devastated to find herself on the wrong side of the law. With separate beds and almost separate lives, the Jacobs are on a collision course beyond anyone's control. Early one morning, a random decision to hop on a bus brings her face-to-face with an old friend. As trouble at home ta...
Western Song, by Leigh PodgorskiContemporary Western Love Story about a bull riding rancher and his deceased best buddy's Thai immigrant mail order bride. As she discovers the power of freedom, he discovers he's lost his heart....
Interludes, by Marc TwineA collection of short stories designed for people on-the-go. Each tale offers respite for busy people in a hectic world. Every quick read is perfect for coffee breaks, lunch breaks-or just those moments when you simply need a break from the routine,...
Wives of War, by Soraya M. Lane An Amazon Charts bestseller. London, 1944. Two young nurses meet at a train station with a common purpose: to join the war effort. Scarlet longs for the chance to find her missing fiancé, Thomas, and to prove to her family-and to herself-that she's stronger than everybody thinks. Nursing is in Ellie's blood, but her humble background is vastly different from Scarlet's privileged upbringing. Though Ellie puts on a brave face, she's just as nervous as Scarlet about what awaits them in France. In Normandy, the two friends soon encounter the seemingly unflappable Lucy. Scarlet and Ellie are in awe of her courage and competence, but the experienced nurse is well aware of the dangers of the job they've chosen�...
The Duchess: A Novel, by Danielle SteelThe incomparable Danielle Steel breaks new ground as she takes us to nineteenth-century England, where a high-born young woman is forced out into the world-and begins a journey of survival, sensuality, and long-sought justice. Angélique Latham has grown up at magnificent Belgrave Castle under the loving tutelage of her father, the Duke of Westerfield, after the death of her aristocratic French mother. At eighteen she is her father's closest, most trusted child, schooled in managing their grand estate. But when he dies, her half-brothers brutally turn her out, denying her very existence. Angélique has a keen mind, remarkable beauty, and an envelope of money her father pressed upon her. To survive, she will need all h...
The Summer House: A gorgeous feel good romance that will have you hooked, by Jenny HaleSome summers will stay with you forever... Callie Weaver and best friend Olivia Dixon have finally done it: put their life savings into the beach house they admired through childhood summers, on the dazzling white sand of North Carolina's Outer Banks. They're going to buff the salt from its windows, paint its sun-bleached sidings, and open it as a bed and breakfast. Callie's too busy to think about her love life, but when she catches the attention of local heartthrob Luke Sullivan, his blue eyes and easy smile make it hard to say no. He's heir to his father's property empire, and the papers say he's just another playboy, but as they laugh in the ocean waves, Callie realizes there's mo...

#320 ·
THE GALACTIC REALM: Part One: The Smallest Boy, by Marty CampbellTHE GALACTIC REALM and the Smallest Boy is the first in a new series of novels following the Earthling teenager, Thomas Benn. At age fourteen, being small and having red hair are troublesome traits for Tom, but life gets even more complicated after he's abducted by aliens. Left behind in Tom's place, is a 'Nano-copy' replacement known as Nano-tom. His mission is to blend in like any normal teenager, until his Master-copy returns. During this time, both boy and Nano-copy will have to respectively live up to the challenges of life in the Galactic Realm and the perils of being a teenager on Earth! This book contains interesting pop-up facts, 2 simple experiments and a 11 piece interactive mystery to sol...
Alter Ego, by David Christiansen"It's about Scott. I think he's trying to kill me." The last email Alex ever sent to Agnes. Now it's up to Agnes to find her best friend's killer - but how do you find a man who killed a woman you've never met?...
Murdered By Plastic Surgery: A High Desert Cozy Mystery, by Dianne Harman From USA TODAY Bestselling Author and seven time Amazon All Star Author: Planning on having a little "work" done? What if after the facelift you looked like a lot of other women in the area? Could you murder the plastic surgeon who did the work? Someone in the wealthy Palm Springs area murdered the plastic surgeon, but who? Was it one of his former patients disappointed with the result of a facelift? An associate, jealous of the doctor's success, and who wanted more money so he could buy a bigger yacht? His administrative assistant who had spent the last twenty years of her life hopelessly in love with him? His wife, because he'd decided to divorce her? Or even his ex-wife, who had custody of t...
Infinity Rules, by Cal DanatAn author struggling with writer's block takes the well-worn path of visiting India's tourist must-sees for inspiration. A mountain climber doing everything to stay out of sight and avoid writing about his adventures tries to free himself from the trap of searching for sources. Together, a story within a story emerges to free the mind from the binds of ego, belief systems, addiction and culture....
Broken Bones & Ten Dollar Bills, by Kirsten CrossBroken Bones & Ten Dollar Bills is an anthology of science fiction stories that explore our relationship with body altering technology, be that genetics or other techs. Read stories that explore our relationship with technology but also those people who traffic in these goods, those scientists who invent them and the corporations who profit from our awkwardness about being embodied. These stories aren't light and fluffy, they're packed full of "what if", "how can" and action. If the visions of these authors are anything to go by, humanity is in for dark times....
Blaise Maximillian: Emancipation (Bitter Defeat Book 2), by Matthew SylvesterFor 8 long years the Great War has raged. Blaise Maximillian has been there from the start. A bright-eyed and fearful young 2nd Lieutenant, the realities of war change him into a hard-bitten soldier and an even harder policeman. Leading men and women into battle, he confronts a German army that becomes ever stronger, ever more advanced. Britain needs heroes. Heroes like Laura Miles and Wez Broglino, armour hunter-killers during the Siege of Paris, then agents of the resistance group called the 'Department of Accidents'. This is alternative history as you'd never have thought....
Glitched, by e a lakeGlitch - A glorified snitch Peeb - Common citizens living under the oppressive government Selmo Nithiw - The mysterious, unseen, almost mythical leader of the Peebs This is pure dystopian! Edgy, raw, real. Think of it as a combination of Orwell's Big Brother and The Usual Suspects. It's 50 years in the future. It's still America, just not an America that anyone will recognize. The government's evil reach chokes its citizens. So much that they, the people of the United States, have started a secret revolution. Their target? The tyrannical establishment that means to keep the people oppressed. A small band of anti-government citizens fights in Minneapolis. Their unseen lea...
Everything We Left Behind: A Novel, by Kerry Lonsdale From the Wall Street Journal bestselling author of Everything We Keep comes the highly anticipated sequel. Told from one man's two perspectives, Everything We Left Behind effortlessly blends suspense, mystery, and romance in an exploration of loss, resilience, and the compelling need to protect the ones we love at all cost. Two months before his wedding, financial executive James Donato chased his trade-laundering brother Phil to Mexico, only to be lost at sea and presumed dead. Six and a half years later, he emerges from a dissociative fugue state to find he's been living in Oaxaca as artist Carlos Dominguez, widower and father of two sons, with his sister-in-law Natalya Hayes, a retired professiona...

#321 ·
Devils: A Collection of Devilish Short Fiction, by Erik Henry VickCome, step inside the dark passageways of Erik Henry Vick's mind. Come meet his friends, devils, one and all. Robert is a war hero on his way down. Addicted to cocaine, wallowing in guilt, he meets a beautiful woman with the quirky habit of telling everyone she's the devil. Rick Bergen learns the true cost of revenge when he enters the world of the voodoo pantheon and meets the manifestation of vengeance. Rena is kidnapped by polygamist extremists bent on creating an army for the apocalypse-by any means necessary. An ancient evil has returned to stalk the shores of Lake Seneca. A colonial New Yorker, with the help of an Onondowaga warrior, must confront beings that can't be ...
First Kiss, On The House (Mill Pond), by Judi LynnAn infusion of romance is in the mix in the lush and charming town of Mill Pond, Indiana, where anything-and everything-can happen. As a schoolteacher, Miriam is used to being the one in charge. A born leader with a whip-smart sensibility and a pair of legs that can't be beat, she is adored by many but has never found her one true love. For the most part, that's fine: she has a fulfilling career, a big-hearted family, and a great social life with her best friend Daphne and her better half, Chef Tyne. But when a micro-brewery owner comes to Mill Pond in search of a new beginning, Miriam can't help but wonder whether fate has something else in store for her. . . Joel is a single father whose divorce left...
Not All There, by Jane Barron de BurghClaude watched the dawn rise through the figure standing in front of the dining room's floor-length french windows. The disturbance of windowsills cut odd angles into the perfect form illuminated by the early morning sun. There stood Claude's mother, just as they had always known her, yet today the sun shone through her. And if you didn't know she was dead, you may just think there was still hope. 11-year-old Claude hasn't spoken since his mother's sudden death one week ago, and it doesn't look as though that's going to change despite her return to mortality. While the family is still struggling with their grief, Claude's father and sister must call into question everything they thought they knew about death, mortality a...
The Man of Legends, by Kenneth Johnson "Johnson takes a big gamble by telling such a complex tale invoking every genre imaginable while juggling distinct and deep characterizations. The bet pays off, resulting in a story that will be popular with book clubs and fun to discuss." -Associated Press New York City, New Year's weekend, 2001. Jillian Guthrie, a troubled young journalist, stumbles onto a tantalizing mystery: the same man, unaged, stands alongside Ulysses S. Grant, Theodore Roosevelt, and Gandhi in three different photographs spanning eighty-five years of history. In another part of town, Will-an enigmatic thirty-three-year-old of immense charm, wit, and intelligence-looks forward to the new year with hope and trepidation. Haunted by his...
Everything We Left Behind: A Novel, by Kerry Lonsdale From the Wall Street Journal bestselling author of Everything We Keep comes the highly anticipated sequel. Told from one man's two perspectives, Everything We Left Behind effortlessly blends suspense, mystery, and romance in an exploration of loss, resilience, and the compelling need to protect the ones we love at all cost. Two months before his wedding, financial executive James Donato chased his trade-laundering brother Phil to Mexico, only to be lost at sea and presumed dead. Six and a half years later, he emerges from a dissociative fugue state to find he's been living in Oaxaca as artist Carlos Dominguez, widower and father of two sons, with his sister-in-law Natalya Hayes, a retired professiona...
The First Face of Janus: Secret Society of Nostradamus, by Phil ValentineNostradamus is said to have predicted the Great Fire of London, the French Revolution, Napoleon, Hitler, the atomic bomb, the assassinations of JFK and RFK, and 9/11. Was Nostradamus that good, or did he have help? What if there were a centuries-long conspiracy to ensure that Nostradamus' prophecies came true? Such a group would wield unimaginable power in shaping the future of the world. In these pages is a thriller so incredible that it redefines the term 'page-turner.' The players are in motion. The plan is in the works. The next prophecy is about to begin, and there's only one man who can stop it....
The Steel Shark (Joe Tesla Series Book 4), by Rebecca CantrellHis dog. His computer. The tunnels under New York City. That's all Joe Tesla's agoraphobia has left him with-the inside world, the dark world-and now the black depths of the sea. In the latest book in this award-winning thriller series, Joe Tesla ventures out into the ocean depths in an underwater scavenger hunt. The competition turns deadly when a mystery sub rams Joe's and leaves him for dead on the ocean floor. Joe survives and his search for answers leads into a web of international intrigue and enigmatic weapons. When he shares his knowledge with the authorities, they bury his information and threaten to bury him as well. After a drone attack drives him out to sea, he realizes that he alone ca...
Because of Lila, by Abbi GlinesPrim, proper, classic good girl, and her least favorite label - icy. Lila Kate Carter has heard them all. The last one, being the newest. She is not icy. She just doesn't care for Cruz Kerrington and his spoiled, selfish, careless ways. That doesn't make her icy, that makes him a jerk! Tired of being labeled and doing what is expected of her, Lila Kate leaves Rosemary Beach, Florida ready for an adventure. Wanting to recreate herself, find a new path, and become something more. Eli Hardy is tired of women who always act the same, do the same thing and expect the same thing. He's ready to swear off women until he can get the rest of his life together. Two weeks into his n...

#322 ·
How to tell if your friend is a sociopath: Learning how to see through the smoke, by Jonathan JayeA dangerous person without a conscience rarely looks that way. They often seem like the most charming and attractive among us. It is only when we are used or targeted that we learn who we're really dealing with--and often much too late. A trained mental health professional shares candidly about his personal and professional experiences with sociopathic individuals. Some basic guidelines for understanding this infamous personality style....
The Cannibal's Feast, by Robert I. KatzIn this new science fiction thriller by award winning author, Robert I. Katz, it is the Twenty-Fifth Century and mankind has spread throughout the solar system and beyond. Ships move faster than light. Interstellar travel has become common. Asteroids have been hollowed out, are inhabited by billions and have become the prosperous center of human civilization. The Industrial Congress, a loose association of humanity's largest, most powerful corporations, and its military arm, the Comity, tries to keep the peace in Sol system between endlessly feuding corporations. Governments are obsolete. Earth is a sleepy backwater. Matthew Braden, a young man from a run-down habitat in Earth orbit, has graduated at the top of his class from t...
The Weaponsmaker (88.3 Book 1), by Giles BeckerTHREE DYSTOPIAN NOVELS; Three main characters on the edge of survival in a collapsing world. In the remote future the authorities have decreed there will be no more numbered years. It's hot. It's been hot and dry for a long time. The Agencies entertain themselves by spying on everybody. The lower classes are lucky to get two quarts of cloudy water a day. Above it all an old satellite broadcasts the literature and music of the ancient world at 88.3 and nobody can find the uplink to shut it up. It tells stories of a time when the years had numbers and lakes and river shone under a gentle sun. Then suddenly the rains come back. They come back storm upon catastrophic storm and in the chaos is the chance to fight for freedom or drown to strains ...
Joel Stephen Boucher's Stories of Then and Now, by Joel BoucherA compare-and-contrast of common real world scenarios as well as fictitious themes that have been shown time and time again on stage and screen. Each thematic subject of the stories is set first in a time period of roughly a century ago, then again in our own time. In doing so, the reader can see the treatment of the subject matters according to different eras. ...
Winterfall: A novel of the Demon Accords, by John ConroeWith Declan O'Carroll on Fairie and Chris Gordon on Earth what could go wrong? Try everything. Scheming elves, deadly zombies, killer goblins, flaming dragons and dirty diapers. With a growing, insidious threat to Earth, Chris and Tanya race to save lives while Declan, Stacia and friends work just as hard to save their own lives on an alien world, far removed from the comforts and safety of home. Only together will they overcome the odds. But come on, with this team, maybe the odds should look out....
The Gender Game 7: The Gender End, by Bella ForrestThe breathtaking, earth-shattering GRAND FINALE of the bestselling Gender Game series. Return to Matrus and Patrus one last time... BUY NOW! *Beware of spoilers in the reviews below that are without spoiler alerts*...
Bullet Rain - A Nova Bartkowski Novel (Holly Lin Series), by Robert SwartwoodWHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS Nova is a free man. Having just walked away as a non-sanctioned hit man for the U.S. government, he's purchased a classic Mustang to drive across the country. But when his car breaks down in the middle of the Nevada desert, Nova ends up in the small town of Parrot Spur. There's something strange about Parrot Spur. Something ... off. Maybe it's the fact the town is full of ex-servicemen. Maybe it's the fact the abandoned mine might not be abandoned. Maybe it's the fact the knockout brunette in the bar is clearly more than what she seems. In the end, none of it matters. What matters - and what Nova is soon going to learn - is that in the desert, the only thing that rains is bullets....
The Secrets She Keeps: A Novel, by Michael RobothamIn the bestselling tradition of The Girl on the Train and In a Dark, Dark Wood, from the internationally bestselling author whom Stephen King called "an absolute master" of the psychological thriller, comes a riveting suspense novel about the unlikely friendship between two pregnant women that asks: how far would you go to create the perfect family?

Agatha is pregnant and works part-time stocking shelves at a grocery store in a ritzy London suburb, counting down the days until her baby is due. As the hours of her shifts creep by in increasing discomfort, the one thing she looks forward to at work is catching a glimpse of Meghan, the effortlessly chic customer whose elegant lifestyle dazzles her. Meghan has it all: t...

#323 ·
Revenge Fires Back, by JR ThompsonBRADY CLARK'S FAMILY chooses horrible timing for their first camping trip-a night when a fierce storm leaves them stranded in the woods. Circumstances that leave him running around in the forest wearing, well, let's just say less than appropriate attire cause him to unleash his anger by physically assaulting his father. Not yet ready to face the discipline he has coming, Brady makes false allegations against both of his parents. That one foolish move throws the Clarks into a world they knew very little about. A world that could possibly prevent them from ever dwelling together again as a family unit. Can God use these trials to wake this family up to His purpose?...
Craving Beauty (Wylder Tales Book 1), by Jennifer Silverwood Sometimes there is no knight in shining armor. Sometimes the damsel has to be the hero. Vynasha has spent the last four years tending her mother's roses and looking after her nephew. The fire that killed their family has left her scarred and put Wyll on the brink of death. Soon the first frost will come down from the mountains and she knows this winter will be his last. Until a strange beggar appears on the road, telling her of the majikal Source that can heal her Wyll. With nothing left to lose, Vynasha braves the forbidden Wylder Mountains to seek out a cure and her fate. A lost kingdom is uncovered by an equally lost girl, but the castle is not abandoned as she bel...
Suburban Gigolo: Bad Boy Around Town, by Annette HamiltonA spunky young cat is worn out by his mother's neglect and lame boyfriends. He strikes out on new adventures around their gritty inner suburb. What will a canny, charming and gregarious feline discover in his quest for freedom and autonomy - and a tasty supper? A novelette about cats and their humans in the age of Facebook....
The End Begins: A Square Root of Time Novel, by Leroy NicholsWhat will happen when Destiny calls upon a villain to save the world? Josanin has always been a villain-a calculating wizard who has made life miserable for countless heroes over the years. Dwarves, humans, halflings and elfin folk, he has tried to crush them all. Time and again they have thwarted his plans for conquest and power, and suffered for it. But an accidental discovery reveals that they are the least of his worries. A terrifying legend out of antiquity, the Hearteater, is real and about to unleash total annihilation on the world. For once, Josanin must play the hero. Josanin may be the chosen one, but he can't stop this evil alone. To succeed, he'll need the help of those champions he has worked so hard to ...

G
#324 ·
Interpretation, by Dylan CallensCarl Winston awakens to find his son, Liam, screaming with fear. Trying to understand why, Carl tries to soothe him. Neighbors gather in front of Carl's apartment to help - until they see him. The crowd cowers back, afraid of this monster. Carl runs. His life of luxury is ripped away. Forced beyond the city limits, Carl sees a land bereft of life. Traveling in search of answers, his quest comes to a sudden halt when he collapses. As darkness shrouds him, a figure hovers from above. Traveling along the same route, Eva Thomspon finds Carl and nurtures him back to life. Together, they continue the journey, finding out that their lives have too much in common to be a coincidence. As their affection for each other ...
Last Stop Australia: A New Voice of the Holocaust, by Johanna AltmannIn this unforgettable memoir, Austrian Holocaust survivor, Johanna Altmann recounts the horrors and tragedies that she and her loved ones were forced to face. Her tale encompasses suffering, hope, resistance and, most of all, remembering. Just as we should never forget the horrors of the Holocaust, we should also never forget the heroes of the Holocaust, such as those celebrated in this story. They chose to risk their comfort, their homes, and even their lives and those of their families to help save thousands of Jews. This is a story of courage and humanity, of life and hope, that transcends the painful realities of the Holocaust without disrespecting its catastrophe....
New Pizza: A whole new era for the world's favourite food, by Stefano ManfrediStefano Manfredi's New Pizza takes the world's favourite fast food back to its origins - as a deliciously healthy and simple meal for everyone to enjoy. Pizza comes in many styles - thin, thick, crisp, chewy, round, square, a metre or more in length, filled, fried or sweet - and the quality of the pizza is defined by the quality of the flour, dough and toppings. Sydney's award-winning pizza maestro will show you how to use wholewheat flour, fresh toppings and tried-and-tested methods to create the healthiest, tastiest pizza this side of Naples....
A New Day, by Herb ScribnerTrey Robinson has returned to South Hills, Massachusetts, for the first time in five years so he can attend his friend's wedding. And that's when the trouble begins. He falls for a young woman who is already in a relationship. A friend goes on the run after a nightmarish turn of events. Two of his ex-girlfriends announce they're coming back to town. His best friend falls into financial debt with an affluent family from Italy. And someone even winds up dead. Now, it's up to Trey to prove his innocence and figure out why someone was murdered in the first place. And figure out if he can fix all of his friend's problem before his vacation ends....
New Grand Tour, by Godfrey HodgsonThe great European cities that made our world&#8230; Godfrey Hodgson's New Grand Tour includes ten sketches of European cities, each of which has contributed something to the ferment, the still dangerous brew of European civilization. Each will have something, even if only a distinct and rich way of life of its own, to contribute in the future. Each essay reflects upon what moves and intrigues the author about the history, literature, politics, past and future of the city and the flavour of its way of life. Together they are intended to paint an original portrait of the old and the new Europe. Praise for Godfrey Hodgson 'A critique so stimulating and...
New Tales From Old Yarn: Fairy Tales and Myths, Rewritten and Re-imagined by Writers on Tumblr, by Barbara BeccAn anthology of fairy tales and myths, rewritten and re-imagined by eleven writers from tumblr. Never before published short stories and poems. Well known tales with new twists and exciting new tales and myths from all over the world to read and enjoy in a new light....
Peripeteia: The City Series, Book 2, by Sarah Lyons FlemingFrom the universe of the Until the End of the World series Book two of The City Series is here! (Note: The City Series can be read before or after the Until the End of the World series) Months into the apocalypse, the zombies show no signs of dying, but it's clear everyone in Sunset Park will die without enough food to outlast the undead. Add in the less-than-sociable new neighbors only blocks away, and the hunt for sustenance has come to feel more like a race than a ramble. Sylvie is happy in her new home with the people who've become like family, though she's still working out how to let them into her heart. Eric wants in, and he wants to find his sister, but he can't do both at the same tim...
The Resistance: Book two of The Healing Clone (A Dystopian Survival Fiction book series), by Melina GraceEscape doesn't always equal freedom...Sample managed to survive the culling of The City and flee with her friends into Hollowcrest. Sample knew, as an unviable clone, she wasn't meant to be there, but she had no idea just how dangerous it would be. As Sample tries to control her healing powers, underground agencies are kidnapping clones and harvesting their organs. When soldiers are sent out to assassinate the enemies of Clone Industries, Number once again smuggles Sample out of a city. Sample has had enough of fleeing though. She fears for Drimmy, Ollie, and Finn, as well as her friends left behind in The City. She is determined to return and rescue them. But what can she do when her enemies have so much po...

#325 ·
A Split in Time, by Vin CarverHis parents chose to put his brother in the urn. Fifteen-year-old Warren Renner fantasizes about living alone in the forest on the edge of small-town Tamarack-no gym class, no yelling, and no death threats. His suicidal best friend, Tanner, fantasizes about getting high for the first time, and insists Warren come with him. But when a lightning strike breaks up their party, a murderous old man tries to keep Warren from discovering a parallel time line where his parents don't yell at each other, no one at school is trying to kill him, and his brother is still alive. Now, Warren must choose between the depression and loss he has always known, and a world where nothing ever goes wrong. Which would you choose...
All Hallows Angel, by Chelle Renee Jack and his little girl, Emily, have been through a lot together. When Emily's mother left town the day Jack was going to propose, he didn't think he would make it through. After seeing her daddy in pain, Emily starts praying for an angel who will never leave them. Jack doesn't want to discourage Emily, but he knows he can never love anyone as much as he loved Emily's mother, despite all the pain she caused them. Angela is a woman from the big city who carries big secrets. At least, that's what the locals of Jack's small Louisiana town are saying. When Angela and Jack meet at a karaoke bar one night, they realize that there is more than meets the eye when it comes to a...
Compassionate Touch: Giving Massage for Optimal Health, Thriving Relationships & Spiritual Awakening, by Shai PlonskiHow To Give A Massage That Feels At Least As Good For You As It Does For Your Partner Massaging the way of compassionate touch is preventative medicine that helps you to let go of stress and tension, replacing it with vitality. It helps you to feel younger while you help those you care about. It helps you to deepen your relationships from a place of non-judgement, simply touching with an attitude of I'm here and I want to lend a caring hand. By treating your partner as your primary teacher, you will learn to communicate better and this can have a dramatic impact on your relationships. This method teaches you to let go of baggage and patterns and instead see your partner as the wonderful perso...
Death in Copper Town: A small town police procedural set in the American Southwest (The Pegasus Quincy Mystery Series Book 1), by Lakota GracePegasus Quincy, a rookie deputy on temporary assignment in a sleepy mountain town, expects a quiet summer citing jaywalkers and writing traffic tickets. Fate intervenes when a dead body turns up in an old copper mining pit. The man is a three-time loser disowned by even his own mother. Peg's sheriff boss declares the death an accident and tells her to "move on." She wants to agree, but then her office is ransacked and her assistant kidnapped. When Peg herself is assaulted, she convinces her safe-cracking grandfather to break the law one last time to help her. Will they find the killer before he strikes again? Set against the Southwest backdrop of summer monsoons in the high desert plateau of Arizona...
All These Worlds (Bobiverse Book 3), by Dennis E. TaylorBeing a sentient spaceship really should be more fun. But after spreading out through space for almost a century, Bob and his clones just can't stay out of trouble. They've created enough colonies so humanity shouldn't go extinct. But political squabbles have a bad habit of dying hard, and the Brazilian probes are still trying to take out the competition. And the Bobs have picked a fight with an older, more powerful species with a large appetite and a short temper. Still stinging from getting their collective butts kicked in their first encounter with the Others, the Bobs now face the prospect of a decisive final battle to defend Earth and its colonies. But the Bobs are less disciplined than a herd of cats, and some of...
Resurgence (Fortress Security Book 6), by Rebecca DeelFortress operative Adam Walker knows hardship and pain, specializes in navigating behind enemy lines, and never leaves a man behind. When the Special Forces Marine is asked to rescue a woman who helped save him, he doesn't hesitate to lay his life on the line to return the favor. Although Adam believed his past was buried, he learns the enemy has risen from the ashes. Danger stalks not only Adam, but the people who mean everything to him, including the woman he loves. To destroy his nemesis for good, the Marine must take Veronica into the enemy's lair. DEA Agent Veronica Miles is used to working alone in enemy territory for weeks at a time. But on this mission, something goes horribly wrong, and she's taken captive. Held prisoner...
A Beautiful Poison, by Lydia Kang Just beyond the Gilded Age, in the mist-covered streets of New York, the deadly Spanish influenza ripples through the city. But with so many victims in her close circle, young socialite Allene questions if the flu is really to blame. All appear to have been poisoned-and every death was accompanied by a mysterious note. Desperate for answers and dreading her own engagement to a wealthy gentleman, Allene returns to her passion for scientific discovery and recruits her long-lost friends, Jasper and Birdie, for help. The investigation brings her closer to Jasper, an apprentice medical examiner at Bellevue Hospital who still holds her heart, and offers the delicate Birdie a last-ditch chance to find a safe haven before her fragile hea...
Secondborn (Secondborn Series Book 1), by Amy A. Bartol Firstborns rule society. Secondborns are the property of the government. Thirdborns are not tolerated. Long live the Fates Republic. On Transition Day, the second child in every family is taken by the government and forced into servitude. Roselle St. Sismode's eighteenth birthday arrives with harsh realizations: she's to become a soldier for the Fate of Swords military arm of the Republic during the bloodiest rebellion in history, and her elite firstborn mother is happy to see her go. Televised since her early childhood, Roselle's privileged upbringing has earned her the resentment of her secondborn peers. Now her decision to spare an enemy on the battlefield marks her as a traitor to the state. But Roselle...

G
#326 ·
The Miranda's Rights Mysteries: Books 1-3, by Linsey LanierBooks 1-3 in the exciting mystery-thriller series from bestselling author Linsey Lanier. "Gripping and dramatic" "Puts you on the edge with suspense and leaves you there until the last page." "I just adore this series!" A serial killer strangling young girls in a bizarre ritual. A beautiful young horse breeder's face is brutally crushed by the hooves of her favorite stallion. An arrogant creep has just discovered how much he enjoys murdering women. The Miranda's Rights Mystery series is the emotional story of a stubborn loner who discovers a talent for facing down killers while looking for her stolen daughter. ***SOMEONE ELSE'S DAUGHTER*** A woman can never make herse...
Deadly Revelations: Stories about Love & Murder, by John D. OttiniLove makes the world go round. But it can also turn spouses into enemies, saints into sinners, and passion into murder. In Deadly Revelations, John D. Ottini crafts five suspenseful stories about troubled relationships, the frayed bonds of trust, and the lengths people are willing to go to in order to preserve the one thing they hold dear. In "Remorse," Bradley discovers his wife Sara may be cheating on him. Discovering the truth leads him on a dark and dangerous path that may bring him to an unimaginable point of no return. "Loves Me Not" is the small-town story of Jonathan and Grace, two married New York City ex-pats, and Grace's disturbing question: did the man that she loves murder the town's innocent librarian? I...
Undergrad Elementalist: An Emma Dawes Story (Emma Dawes, Elementalist Book 1), by T. Franklin BeckEmma Dawes is getting used to living on campus. She's getting to know her roommate, throwing parties, doing the things that most college freshmen do. She's also been invited into a secret club, where students learn to control and unleash their innate magical abilities. Learning about magic was great at first, but when people start dying, seemingly killed by magic users, Emma's peaceful college existence gets a whole lot more complicated... and deadly. In this coming of age urban fantasy tale, a young woman named Emma Dawes learns that she has magical powers, and is suddenly thrust into a world of excitement and danger as she is recruited into her new school's magic club. She is simultaneously discovering herself while she discov...
White Wine & Medical Marijuana: A Compilation of Poems, by Julia CirignanoWhite Wine & Medical Marijuana is a book of poetry that explores themes such femininity, sexuality, weakness, strength, addiction, power, and profanity. It analyzes these themes, while keeping the language casual, simple, and accessible to all readers. Enjoy the power struggle between self criticism and self love, the raw life observations, and the relentless scrutinization of everyday life....
Elvingstone: A Gothic Fantasy Romance, by J.P. ReedmanIn an alternate world Victorian England, Arabella Lorne dances every night upon the stage, surrounded by egotistical prima donnas, dishonest theatrical agents, and sinister hangers-on, When the ageing Diva Eulalia Fairbanks accuses Arabella of upstaging her, and her Eulalia's 'bully boys' decide to make an example of the young actress, Arabella fears for her very life. However, the saturnine, brooding Sir Alaric Stannion, an admirer who has watched Arabella's performances from his box every night, rescues her and holds out an escape from her tumultuous life. He offers to marry her and make her mistress of Elvingstone Manor. A marriage purely of convenience, as he needs a wife for propriety's sake. Barred from t...
A Wolf Like Me (Thomas Spell Book 1), by Andy FitzA midnight ritual by a secret society in the English Countryside nearly costs Thomas Spell his life. He returns home to Chicago to find that he carries within himself something unspeakable - a condition for which he believes there is no cure, until he meets Penelope, a beautiful and brilliant pre-med student determined to heal him. But The Brotherhood searches for him still, convinced that he holds the key to an unimaginable power. As his life begins to spiral out of control, Thomas is forced to confront his own past, as well as the dark forces closing in on him and everything he holds dear....
The Last Fighter Pilot: The True Story of the Final Combat Mission of World War II, by Don Brown*A NATIONAL BESTSELLER!* The New York Post calls The Last Fighter Pilot a "must-read" book. From April to August of 1945, Captain Jerry Yellin and a small group of fellow fighter pilots flew dangerous bombing and strafe missions out of Iwo Jima over Japan. Even days after America dropped the atomic bombs on Hiroshima on August 6 and Nagasaki on August 9, the pilots continued to fly. Though Japan had suffered unimaginable devastation, the emperor still refused to surrender.
Bestselling author Don Brown (Treason) sits down with Yelllin, now ninety-three years old, to tell the incredible true story of the final combat mission of World War II. Nine days after Hiroshima,...
Sweet Dreams: Book 2 (The Orange Blossom Series), by Leigh DuncanSarah Bowen is trapped in Orange Blossom...and she's desperate to escape. The day Sarah dropped her college-bound best friends off at the airport, she vowed to follow in their footsteps...soon. While she worked in her family's pie shop and socked away every spare dime toward her expenses at a world-renowned culinary school, she dreamed of the day she'd become a famous chef and open her own restaurant. But Sarah's plans have simmered on the back burner when one disaster after another delayed her plans. Her friends have established careers and started families while she remained trapped in a small town filled with nosy matrons who frown as they look over her shoulder. It's no wonder that resentment has added a bitter ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.