Kindle Oasis
KB Featured Book
Wish Granted! Tips, Tools, and Templates to Write a Winning Grant
by Holly Rustick

$1.99
Kindle Edition published 2017-08-22
Bestseller ranking: 95983

Product Description
INCLUDES BONUS FREE E-DOWNLOADS: TEMPLATES FOR GRANT WRITING!

Grant writing shouldn’t feel like a trip to the dentist. Take the pain out of the process with this innovative and fun, yes fun, guide. Learn all the inside tips and tools of the grant-writing trade in this easy-to-read and upbeat book.
This book is definitely for you if:
•You break out in a cold sweat when your boss mentions the word ‘grant’.
•You’ve been tempted to throw your computer against the wall while writing a grant.
•You happily tell stakeholders there’s plenty of grants out there … but haven’t the faintest idea how to write and get one!
•You think you can send out a bog-standard letter to a bunch of organizations and get funded.
•Your eyes glaze over when you’re presented with grant writing jargon and acronyms.
•Your organization’s grant success A-game has r...

Author Topic: #1 Fire gripe- laggy internet. Are other devices better?  (Read 1085 times)  

Offline maryjf45

• View Profile
#1 Fire gripe- laggy internet. Are other devices better?
« on: February 23, 2013, 01:08:13 PM »
I use my fire mostly for reading but when I do extensive browsing, I always run into slow-loading or freezing web pages. >:( I sometimes switch to dolphin, but still it's laggy. I think I'm going to borrow my husband's Ipad and see if it's better. But I think that is the most disappointing broken promise of the fire. Have you had problems with this? Are other devices better? It doesn't always lag, but about every third or fourth page. Enough to wear me down after a while. Sometimes I wonder if I got a lemon.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:10:15 PM by maryjf45 »

Offline ginaf20697

• View Profile
Re: #1 Fire gripe- laggy internet. Are other devices better?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 01:51:56 PM »
Maybe a router problem? Do you have the same problem on your other devices? I know I was getting really slow speeds on my phone and Kindle but the laptop was fine. My husband made sure the router was up to date and rebooted it and it took care of the problem.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 03:55:31 PM »
When my Fire seems slow using the browser* I toggle wireless off and then back on again. That generally helps.

*I don't use the stock browser, but the Chrome browser that I downloaded from 1mobile.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
  • K1, K2, KDX, K3, KFire, K4, KPW1, KFireHD, KV, KO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 05:12:41 PM »
I use mostly Chrome on mine and rarely have a problem. Usually it's a site issue when I do, like the 2am Central KB shutdown... :D
Currently active Kindles:                                                  Swag Bucks - Earn Amazon GCs for free!
KFireHD - Draco                                                              I'm in the fight! - Support Liver Disease Awareness
KV - TARDIS
KO - Merlin

Offline maryjf45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 05:00:23 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions!

Offline Hadou

• Sin City
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 09:36:02 AM »
It's just like any other computer type thing.  Gotta reboot it every now and again.
Some people see things that are and ask, Why?  Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not?  Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.

Offline ktylman

• View Profile
    • Grim Guy Gameworks
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 10:30:32 AM »
Depending on your geographic location, the sites you browse, and the time of day, the web acceleration used by the built-in browser can cause actually slow down browsing. You can turn it off in the settings and see if that helps you out any. A friend of mine was about to throw out her Fire until I showed her this.

Offline maries

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 10:41:58 AM »
I had some issues one weekend but otherwise I have had a zippy internet with the Fire HD.