Kindle Oasis
KB Featured Book
Wish Granted! Tips, Tools, and Templates to Write a Winning Grant
by Holly Rustick

$1.99
Kindle Edition published 2017-08-22
Bestseller ranking: 95983

Product Description
INCLUDES BONUS FREE E-DOWNLOADS: TEMPLATES FOR GRANT WRITING!

Grant writing shouldn’t feel like a trip to the dentist. Take the pain out of the process with this innovative and fun, yes fun, guide. Learn all the inside tips and tools of the grant-writing trade in this easy-to-read and upbeat book.
This book is definitely for you if:
•You break out in a cold sweat when your boss mentions the word ‘grant’.
•You’ve been tempted to throw your computer against the wall while writing a grant.
•You happily tell stakeholders there’s plenty of grants out there … but haven’t the faintest idea how to write and get one!
•You think you can send out a bog-standard letter to a bunch of organizations and get funded.
•Your eyes glaze over when you’re presented with grant writing jargon and acronyms.
•Your organization’s grant success A-game has r...

Author Topic: Help! How do I change cover art or interior epub on iBookstore?  (Read 1816 times)  

Offline Hugh Howey

• Jupiter, FL
    • View Profile
    • Hugh Howey
iBookstore is the worst. Not having web-based editing is just dumb, dumb, dumb. I can't figure out how to change the cover image or update the interior using iTunes Producer. If I create a new book and upload with the same ISBN, I get an error. Can anyone walk me through this?

Hugh Howey | author website | facebook | twitter | goodreads

Offline Hugh Howey

• Jupiter, FL
    • View Profile
    • Hugh Howey
Re: Help! How do I change cover art or interior epub on iBookstore?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 01:00:08 PM »
Whew. For a moment there, I thought twenty people would chime in with how easy this is to do and make me feel dumb.

Offline Vivi_Anna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:01:46 PM »
Obviously its so hard Hugh, no one has a clue.  I know I don't.  So you are not alone. 

Tawny Stokes/Vivi Anna | facebook | twitter

Offline Deanna Chase

• New Orleans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 01:04:24 PM »
Hugh,
No need to make a new package. In iTunes Producer open the existing package of whatever book you're trying to change. Upload the new cover and corrected ePub there and then resend the package.

Offline Susan Kaye Quinn

• Susan Kaye Quinn, speculative fiction author
    • View Profile
    • Susan Kaye Quinn, Author
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 01:05:03 PM »
Hugh - feel free to PM me, but you should be able to update both of those. First you have to "load" your saved file (usually named by your ISBN) and then simply replace the original cover with the updated one, etc. You're on a Mac right?

ETA: search your mac using the isbn number - those files get tucked away and can be hard to find.
Susan Kaye Quinn, SF author www.susankayequinn.com
See the live-action trailer for the Mindjack Trilogy, my future-noir Debt Collector serial trailer, and the trailer for my MG fantasy novel Faery Swap.

Offline Jnassise

• Phoenix, AZ
    • View Profile
    • Shades of Reality
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 01:05:50 PM »
How timely!  I need to do this for three of my titles and was just wondering the same thing.

-Joe

Joseph Nassise | Website | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Aaron Pogue

• Oklahoma City, OK
    • View Profile
    • AaronPogue.com
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 01:09:15 PM »
Hugh - feel free to PM me, but you should be able to update both of those. First you have to "load" your saved file (usually named by your ISBN) and then simply replace the original cover with the updated one, etc. You're on a Mac right?

ETA: search your mac using the isbn number - those files get tucked away and can be hard to find.

If you can't find the original file, use "Look Up Metadata" in iTunes Producer and type in your ISBN. That'll retrieve the metadata from their server, so you can replace the files you want to change.
Author of The Dragonprince's Legacy.

Published by 47North and self-publishing at Draft2Digital.com

Offline Danielle Bourdon

• View Profile
    • Danielle Bourdon
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 01:14:52 PM »

Also, when you open iTunes Producer on a Mac, and select 'all files', the last packages you worked on should be there in the 'earlier' section. Just the packages, not a ton of other files. Makes locating what you need easier.

Offline Anne Frasier

• St. Paul, MN, rural Wisconsin
  • NYT author
    • View Profile
    • Anne's website
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 01:18:05 PM »
Hugh,
No need to make a new package. In iTunes Producer open the existing package of whatever book you're trying to change. Upload the new cover and corrected ePub there and then resend the package.

yep. the whole thing seems backa**ward, but once you figure out the secret handshake it's easy. when you open iTunes producer, then open package and try to go to the file, it might not show up until you click all files. then all of your iTunes producer files should appear.  the thing that confuses me is that some updates can be done on the web and others can't. also, sometimes iTunes P will give you an error message, causing massive freakout. Try the same thing two minutes later and it will process.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:20:50 PM by Anne Frasier »

Offline nico

• View Profile
    • Elizabeth Cole, Historical Romance Author
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 01:20:15 PM »
Hugh,

If you need to update the metadata (including the description), you need to email iBookstore support. Even though it seems like you should be able to modify these from iTunes Producer, you actually can't. See the iBookstore FAQ for help on this. It's addressed directly in that document. You need the ISBN, title, and Apple ID (not your email, but the number assigned by iTunes to your specific product. The Apple ID is found on the product page in iTunes Connect).

Otherwise follow Aaron's advice. You CAN update the cover and ePub files from iTunes Producer, just by looking up using the ISBN.
(representing) Elizabeth Cole | author website | twitter | facebook | amazon | apple
Join "The Zodiac" and try Elizabeth Cole's books for FREE

Offline Hugh Howey

• Jupiter, FL
    • View Profile
    • Hugh Howey
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 01:46:31 PM »
If you can't find the original file, use "Look Up Metadata" in iTunes Producer and type in your ISBN. That'll retrieve the metadata from their server, so you can replace the files you want to change.

Sweet! Thanks everyone! Quicker than any customer service line. :)

Offline TexasGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 03:22:26 PM »
TexasGirl of four years ago just saved the skin of current TexasGirl.

My house was broken into and of course my Mac was sitting out. Swiped. I back up my book text, but I lost all my Scrivener files and three of my newest iTunes Producer files, one of which was a preorder that was hot hot hot to get the final up before release. I was sort of panicking until I did a Google search to figure out how to re-generate those lost Producer files, and voila. There it is. The steps. By me.

Apparently what this really means is that I nevah learn.