Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.
KB Featured
TBD
by TBD

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2016-01-12
Bestseller ranking: 757432

Product Description
With the odd disappearance of her parents, Gussie Gibson has lived her entire life with her granny on a peaceful pecan orchard, owned by the meanest man in all of Georgia—Mr. J.P. Combs. Granny teaches Gussie many valuable life lessons as a black woman growing up in the still-segregated south. Mr. Combs is an evil underhanded banker who takes liberties beyond his privilege. When Granny dies, Combs informs Gussie she owes him back rent—but he wants much more than money for payment—and more than Gussie can live with.
After defending herself against his sexual advances, Gussie flees to escape certain vigilante justice when she meets a charming, handsome stranger, Sam Johnson, who is just returning from World War II.
Gussie and Sam’s friendship is short-lived when Mr. Combs hunts her down and drags her back to Green Ridge, driven by his craving for revenge and a grudge too deep to comprehend. Gussie fights to return to Sam and his lo...

Author Topic: How soon can you discount a KU book?  (Read 330 times)  

Offline ADDavies

• Staffordshire, UK
    • View Profile
How soon can you discount a KU book?
« on: March 15, 2017, 01:32:47 PM »
I'm working out a strategy for a new series launch and I can't find this info. How soon after launching a book in KU can I discount it to 0.99? Is there a way of hitting it early?

Okay. there's this:

Here are some other parameters for scheduling Kindle Countdown Deals:

Your book has been enrolled in KDP Select for at least 30 days
The digital list price for your book cannot change for 30 days before or 14 days after your Kindle Countdown Deal runs
The minimum discount for your book is $1.00 USD on Amazon.com (1.00 on Amazon.co.uk)

If I cold publish at $4.99 on the 1st June, I can't set the discount to hit on the 3rd. But I'm thinking if I do a silent pre-order for 30 days and soft launch at $4.99, will I be able to discount it pretty much immediately?
Adam Park #5 : 100%

Offline RBN

• View Profile
Re: How soon can you discount a KU book?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 02:42:20 PM »
The Select term begins on the date of publication, not when the preorder posts, so you can't do a Countdown until 30 days after the pub date.

Offline Cassie Leigh

• View Profile
Re: How soon can you discount a KU book?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 02:45:56 PM »
You can discount whenever you want, but if you want to do so and get a 70% payout you have to wait 30 days after your Select term begins.

8 Pen Names. Genres: Non-fiction, Speculative Fiction, Romance.
Blog