Update! Authors can now add themselves to our KB Authors page, regardless of your current sales level.
Go to http://kboards.com/authors
to see a list of KB authors, sorted by estimated sales.
Near the top, there's a link for you to add your own sales data. Each author can only add/edit his own sales data.
For those of you who use pen names, or who have author names different from your KB names, there is a place for you to list up to five of those.
Please give it a go and let me know your feedback. Thanks!
Over the years, we've had several fascinating threads showing KB authors who have reached sales milestones (e.g. this outdated list of authors selling 50,000 books or more
, and Hugh's thread about authors paying the bills
through their book sales, to name just a couple.
We would like to create an official KB list of best-selling authors, which lists KB authors based on sales milestones. This would be something we would maintain in this forum, and post periodically in our blog. I expect it could get a fair bit of publicity if it's done right.
I envision this as a listing of authors who have reached the various sales levels of:
Some questions, though...
1. How would we make this a reliable (i.e. verifiable) source of info? Ask for screenshots of Amazon KDP sales data?
2. How to handle factoring in sales from BN, Kobo, Smashwords, Apple, etc? Or should it be based just on Kindle sales?
3. Indie (self--pub) only? Indie and small-pub? Or any authors of e-books, whether they're indie, small-pub or big-pub?
4. Include freebies or only paid books in the milestone thresholds?
5. Any other thoughts/ideas? Is this an achievable idea?