Need a new Case? Save $30 with code SPARKLE30 + Free Shipping at Case-Mate.com! Offer ends 12/15.

Author Topic: Why Indies Can't Have Nice Things  (Read 11886 times)  

Offline Hugh Howey

• Jupiter, FL
    • View Profile
    • Hugh Howey
Re: Why Indies Can't Have Nice Things
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2013, 11:37:10 AM »
This is so sad. I'm sorry you're going through this, Julie. It's a lot of hard work for a good cause, and it has to get spoiled by a handful of corrupt people.

Hugh Howey | author website | facebook | twitter | goodreads

Offline Vivi_Anna

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2013, 11:45:49 AM »
Hugs Julie.

I was just so happy to be nominated in the same category as Hugh Howey.  I mean hello? 

Tawny Stokes/Vivi Anna | facebook | twitter

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2013, 12:05:26 PM »
Folks,

I've temporarily locked this thread until it can be reviewed.  John, I also, possibly temporarily, removed your post with some history in it.  Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a deadline, and I can't review this as fully as I'd like but I'm sending up flares for one of the other mods.

A quick glance at John's very long post indicated that there was some private communication or forum post, and our policy is to not post the content of private communications of a third party here.  If the Admin team reviews it and deems it okay, the post will be restored.

Forgive me both for not dealing with this immediately and for the Borat pic.

NOTE:  After further review of the thread, and discussion, we're going to leave the thread as edited and locked, thanks.

Julie, I have every confidence in the Sith Witch.  But it's too bad you're having to go Sith.  Not surprising based on some of the stunts I've seen here, but too bad nonetheless.

Betsy
KB Moderator
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:30:25 PM by Betsy the Quilter »
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store