Author Topic: TK's Google Play Uber-Post (Split out, now just GP)  (Read 201445 times)  

Offline MindyWilde

• View Profile
    • Mindy Wilde
You are awesome. Time to go back over to Google Play and readjust prices.  :P

Well thank you ;). It was your post that originally got me on this bandwagon so let me say you are awesome!  It does seem to take quite awhile for google to update prices once you change them though :(

Mindy Wilde | Website | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Anne Frasier

• St. Paul, MN, rural Wisconsin
  • NYT author
    • View Profile
    • Anne's website
Thanks for the idea... tried that several times, from several browsers and from several computers... no luck.

ack. sorry. it's def a pain in the butt. and it seems that sometimes the boxes show up and sometimes they don't.

Offline summerdaniels71

• Baltimore, Maryland
    • View Profile
Fantastic post TK ... and Congratulations on your success!!   ;D

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
I think I have found something that may fix it. In the account setting tab where the payment profiles are found. At the bottom where you choose territories WORLD there is a column that says payment profile. Mine was empty and the profile said inactive. I put my inactive profile in there and now it says active. The books are still in "need action" and not live, but maybe in an hour or so something might update.

OK, we're in business! It took all night for the final edit I made to make things start working. Google never got back to me, but I don't care now. The needs action pricing missing thing had nothing to do with pricing of the books, it WAS about the billing profile in the other tabs.

Online Lydniz

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Credentials
No wonder they're having trouble getting people to take up their "service".

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
Just got email from google telling me my books are live. DUH! I know that. They say searching the store won't work for up to a week because it takes that long for meta data to propagate, and have a nice day. So, we are finally cooking. Can't wait to see what price they come up with based upon mine.  ;)

Offline DGS

• View Profile
Thank you! I published a day before I read this and your post showed me what I missed.

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
Well, my books have all appeared and are searchable. It didn't take a week like Google warned in today's email from them. Priced in GBP at 4.99 incl. tax they appear at exactly 3.99 which is how much Amazon has them for in its UK store. Perfect.

Offline Fgfgjh

• View Profile
Do you suggest using DRM? Why? :)

Offline Kenosha Kid

• Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
I knew nothing about Google Play -- nothing! -- before reading this. Now I feel like a GP blue belt. Thanks for your awesomeness, TK!

Offline VydorScope

• USA
  • "Perseverance over skill, every time"-- V. Trigili
    • View Profile
    • My Novels
Do you suggest using DRM? Why? :)

I personally do not. It is ineffective in stoping anyone that wants to steal your work, and it can be an annoyance for legitimate buyers. So, no real gain, potential loss, means do not use to me. Opinions will vary greatly on this, and sometimes passionately, but that is how i see it.
Vincent 
"INDESCRIBABLY ALLURING" -- S.M. Reine
My Author Website | Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | My Deviant Art Gallery

Online Lydniz

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Credentials
OK, dumb question ahead: how do I find out if I've sold anything?

Offline Fgfgjh

• View Profile
I personally do not. It is ineffective in stoping anyone that wants to steal your work, and it can be an annoyance for legitimate buyers. So, no real gain, potential loss, means do not use to me. Opinions will vary greatly on this, and sometimes passionately, but that is how i see it.

I agree, I never used it either. I saw TK mentioning this in the OP and I was wondering why she had put a check in it ;)

Offline x

• View Profile
OK, dumb question ahead: how do I find out if I've sold anything?

Analytics and Reports Tab
Boxes as follows:
   Google Play Sales Summary Report
   Date range = the day that you want. Wait at least 2 days for accurate sales numbers. Today being 11/19, I just finalized the sales numbers for 11/16 and entered them in my Excel.
   Pick countries = all.
   Export complete report <- CLICK.

You will get an Excel-like spreadsheet downloaded to your computer. It's not nearly as bad as Smashwords, and you can set the date range for whatever you want, but it is a speadsheet.

TK aka BB

Online Lydniz

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Credentials
OK, thanks, TK. I've done that a couple of times but get only headings in my spreadsheet. I guess that means I haven't sold anything yet!  ;D

Offline Lana Amore

• View Profile
Just got email from google telling me my books are live. DUH! I know that. They say searching the store won't work for up to a week because it takes that long for meta data to propagate, and have a nice day. So, we are finally cooking. Can't wait to see what price they come up with based upon mine.  ;)

Thanks for this, one books went live and the other got the PDF rejected for some reason. *eyeroll*  Now I don't have keep searching.

I really don't like this platform, lol.

Offline Anne Frasier

• NYT author
    • View Profile
    • Anne's website
None of mine will go live   :(  they all say there is a problem with pricing. Does anyone know if you have to have your bank account validated before the books will go live? My bank hasn't shown the test deposit yet so I ccan't validate right now.
i am having same issue. i get this message:

Pricing information is missing or not applicable

but it's there. i've priced it this way: USD 1.49 WORLD

so i dunno. should it be: $1.49?

all of my payment info is in there. i don't yet have the bank account validation, but i doubt that's the issue.  what a pain in the butt platform.

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
i am having same issue. i get this message:

Pricing information is missing or not applicable

but it's there. i've priced it this way: USD 1.49 WORLD

so i dunno. should it be: $1.49?

all of my payment info is in there. i don't yet have the bank account validation, but i doubt that's the issue.  what a pain in the butt platform.

If it is the same problem as mine, which it sounds EXACTLY like, then the problem is in your billing info not in the actual books. See if your billing profile is filled in properly in the payments center tab. It should say active. If it doesn't, you have something that needs doing on that tab.

One bit should say something like the following:

Countries: WORLD
Payment Profile: [name]
Edit

Name should be the name of your profile and it should appear in the middle of the page. When you have it correct it will say active

Offline Faye Hunter

• View Profile
    • Faye Hunter
Thanks for this, one books went live and the other got the PDF rejected for some reason. *eyeroll*  Now I don't have keep searching.

Mine had the same error this morning. Drove the kids to school and now it says it is live in the store. So maybe just wait a few hours before you mess with things. It seems like there system is very slow to update itself.

Faye Hunter | Website

Offline Anne Frasier

• NYT author
    • View Profile
    • Anne's website
If it is the same problem as mine, which it sounds EXACTLY like, then the problem is in your billing info not in the actual books. See if your billing profile is filled in properly in the payments center tab. It should say active. If it doesn't, you have something that needs doing on that tab.

One bit should say something like the following:

Countries: WORLD
Payment Profile: [name]
Edit

Name should be the name of your profile and it should appear in the middle of the page. When you have it correct it will say active

it def says INACTIVE.
after another hour i noticed the small print tax info line and realized i hadn't given them my SSN, so i'm hoping that was it. my bank account is still pending too. i guess once those things clear i'll have a better idea if i need to keep looking...  :-\

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
it def says INACTIVE.
after another hour i noticed the small print tax info line and realized i hadn't given them my SSN, so i'm hoping that was it. my bank account is still pending too. i guess once those things clear i'll have a better idea if i need to keep looking...  :-\

I had to click edit, and then in the little dropdown choose the correct profile then save. The page should have the profile for WORLD showing after that, AND active should show above in the middle area.

Offline Anne Frasier

• NYT author
    • View Profile
    • Anne's website
I had to click edit, and then in the little dropdown choose the correct profile then save. The page should have the profile for WORLD showing after that, AND active should show above in the middle area.
oh
mah
god!!!!!!!!!!!

i finally found it. thank you!!!!  it now says ACTIVE!!

and i seriously doubt i'll ever find it again.  :D   and i wonder what this means: Enable this region configuration.  check? or uncheck?

Offline Lana Amore

• View Profile
Mine had the same error this morning. Drove the kids to school and now it says it is live in the store. So maybe just wait a few hours before you mess with things. It seems like there system is very slow to update itself.

Thanks.  I wrote them a note and it's live now, but I have like four pdfs up there, lol.  Ah well, whatever.

This better turn out to be the Best Thing Ever for all the PITA it is.  OTOH, if we get to figure out and no one else does ... \o/  :P

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
oh
mah
god!!!!!!!!!!!

i finally found it. thank you!!!!  it now says ACTIVE!!

and i seriously doubt i'll ever find it again.  :D   and i wonder what this means: Enable this region configuration.  check? or uncheck?

Check, definitely check. It enables the territory using that profile IE: WORLD

Offline Anne Frasier

• NYT author
    • View Profile
    • Anne's website
Check, definitely check. It enables the territory using that profile IE: WORLD
thanks!