Author Topic: TK's Google Play Uber-Post (Split out, now just GP)  (Read 201379 times)  

Offline O_o

• View Profile
Thanks TK, great info  :D

I tried to work out google a couple of months back and gave up after going round in circles for hours - this looks like it will help a lot  :)

Offline scottmarlowe

• Rockwall, TX
    • View Profile
    • scottmarlowe.com
Fantastic post!

This is the push I needed to get back on there and finish setting up my account. I've got one book pending now. The setup was pretty easy, especially with a few quick glances back at your post. Thanks!

Offline Lydniz

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Credentials
Argh! I was all set to upload a book and spent ages putting all the info in, but Google ate my data! Now I have to do it all again.  :o

Offline Faye Hunter

• View Profile
    • Faye Hunter
So I am trying to set up my account and on the payment center I keep getting this error when I try to set up a payment profile: Input is invalid, this could either be due to using a P.O. Box address or your login credentials have expired. {0}

I tried to send an email to the address provided in the OP and I got this message back:

Hello,

We'd like to get you the fastest answer to your Google Books question and it would help us if you could resubmit your question through the "Contact Us" link at the top of any page in the Partner Program Help Center. We're no longer able to process emails that are sent directly to this email address.

Thank you for your interest in Google Books.

Sincerely,

The Google Books Team

Please note that this message is being sent to you from a notification-only email address, which does not accept incoming emails. Should you reply to this message, we will not be able to receive or respond to your email.

So I guess that address is no longer valid. Thought I would let everyone know.

Faye Hunter | Website

Offline LG Castillo

• Texas
    • View Profile
    • L.G. Castillo
Awesome post! I uploaded one book (Lash) to give Google Play a test run. It says it's live now but I can't find it in the store. Will try looking for it tomorrow.

Offline Austin_Briggs

• Switzerland
    • View Profile
    • Austin Briggs
Argh! I was all set to upload a book and spent ages putting all the info in, but Google ate my data! Now I have to do it all again.  :o

Sorry to hear! :(

Be careful though I thought they ate my data, so I resubmitted, and several hours later both instances of the same data file appeared in Google, with no options to delete either. So Im stuck with the same EPUB twice, hope its not a problem.

The biggest problem (for me) is that I dont have access to the payment info setup (although the welcome page said payments to Switzerland would be accepted) and no publish button. I guess Ill keep tweaking now and then until it all magically works.

I have to say, figuring it out isnt for the faint of heart, starting from the actual link https://play.google.com/books/publish (took me a while to find it, since its not really linked anywhere and only available via Google search, at least to me).

Offline x

• View Profile
I have to say, figuring it out isnt for the faint of heart, starting from the actual link https://play.google.com/books/publish (took me a while to find it, since its not really linked anywhere and only available via Google search, at least to me).

DOH!

Added to OP.

TK aka BB

Offline David Thayer

• View Profile
TK, fantastic detailed treatise on Google Play. thank you.
David Thayer

Offline scottmarlowe

• Rockwall, TX
    • View Profile
    • scottmarlowe.com
So I am trying to set up my account and on the payment center I keep getting this error when I try to set up a payment profile: Input is invalid, this could either be due to using a P.O. Box address or your login credentials have expired. {0}

I had the same issue. I think it just took a while--maybe 15 mins--for my W9 and other Payee Profile info to get processed. After that, it went pretty smooth.

Offline ejtrent

• US
  • Author - Contemporary Romance
    • View Profile
    • Emily Jane Trent
TK, You are very generous in sharing this information. I've done well on Amazon, but looking for ways to expand and not depend on that as much. I can't believe you spent a week writing this. Amazing. I'll PM; maybe we can help each other. And I'm going to read some of your books :)
Emily

Offline christianem

• View Profile
Thank you so much for this!!! You are awesome.

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
Hey guys, 24 hours on and my two books are still in the "need action" stage. It says my price is missing or not applicable, but the price is set as 0 for WORLD and I have tried and tried and tried to fix it.

Does anyone know how to get help from the terrible system that Google Play is using? The help centre, like many, seems to be just a bunch of banal articles that tell you what you already know. Is there anywhere to email?

Offline VydorScope

• USA
  • "Perseverance over skill, every time"-- V. Trigili
    • View Profile
    • My Novels
Hey guys, 24 hours on and my two books are still in the "need action" stage. It says my price is missing or not applicable, but the price is set as 0 for WORLD and I have tried and tried and tried to fix it.

Does anyone know how to get help from the terrible system that Google Play is using? The help centre, like many, seems to be just a bunch of banal articles that tell you what you already know. Is there anywhere to email?

Yeah.. you click the "help" link which brings you to https://support.google.com/books/partner/?hl=en#topic=3424344 then you click the "contact us" link in the upper right.
Vincent 
"INDESCRIBABLY ALLURING" -- S.M. Reine
My Author Website | Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | My Deviant Art Gallery

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
Yeah.. you click the "help" link which brings you to https://support.google.com/books/partner/?hl=en#topic=3424344 then you click the "contact us" link in the upper right.

Thanks! All I could find was the feedback thing.

Offline VydorScope

• USA
    • View Profile
    • My Novels
So my book says "Live in Google Play" but I can not find it anywhere in the store. Can anyone else tell me if "Enemy of an Enemy" by Vincent Trigili is actually in the store and live? Maybe give me a link to it too? :D
Vincent 

Offline scottmarlowe

• Rockwall, TX
    • View Profile
    • scottmarlowe.com
"Live on Google Play"

Nice. Took maybe 12 hours.

Offline scottmarlowe

• Rockwall, TX
    • View Profile
    • scottmarlowe.com
So my book says "Live in Google Play" but I can not find it anywhere in the store. Can anyone else tell me if "Enemy of an Enemy" by Vincent Trigili is actually in the store and live? Maybe give me a link to it too? :D

I'm searching out on the Google Play web site and I don't see it. I don't see mine, either.

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK

No, it doesn't come up in search at all. One of mine does even though its still needs action sigh. I remember why I steered clear of this mess now.

Offline Lydniz

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Credentials
Is there an address to send a W8BEN to?

Offline x

• View Profile
I'm searching out on the Google Play web site and I don't see it. I don't see mine, either.

Takes 12 - 24 hours to actually build the page. Sometimes longer, depending on traffic.

Considering that some of the posters here were talking about publishing 100+ books in one day, y'all have stuffed the Google Goose.

TK aka BB

Offline scottmarlowe

• Rockwall, TX
    • View Profile
    • scottmarlowe.com
Takes 12 - 24 hours to actually build the page. Sometimes longer, depending on traffic.

Yeah, I figured there was a bit of a delay between the "live" notice and when it actually shows up. I just put into processing two more just to keep Google's servers busy.

Offline VydorScope

• USA
    • View Profile
    • My Novels

Considering that some of the posters here were talking about publishing 100+ books in one day, y'all have stuffed the Google Goose.

TK aka BB

Whine! Fuss! Whine! Fuss! I want it NOW!  :'(
Vincent 

Offline Linda Barlow

• View Profile
    • Linda Barlow's Official Author Website
Awesome, informative post. Thank you!

Linda Barlow | Author website | Blog | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter

Offline Lydniz

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Credentials
Does anybody know exactly in what format to input the BISAC categories? It says one of my categories is invalid, but helpfully doesn't tell me which one, or why. I'm wondering whether I'm using slash marks when I should be using arrows, or something.

Offline Faye Hunter

• View Profile
    • Faye Hunter
I was able to complete the W8BEN form online through the Billing Profile. Hope this helps others!   :P

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 08:09:00 AM by Faye Hunter »

Faye Hunter | Website