Author Topic: FreeBookService (FBS) Update ,  (Read 70507 times)  

Offline Adam Poe

• Indianapolis
  • I wonder how many words you can put here before it
    • View Profile
Re: Kindle "Free Book Service" official thread - Increase your rank
« Reply #375 on: December 05, 2013, 12:56:38 PM »
Your comment never pointed out that Estelles book is still #30 in the store, interesting thoughts on algos though.

Right...this is still short term. When I look at the books from your testimonials, none of them are anywhere near lists anymore. Most are in the 200k+ range or higher. And that is just a few weeks after the promo. Steady growth/consistency does cause for much more long-term visibility. Not just a theory. This has been shown with Bookbub many, many times also. There is a bump, then a cliff.

Online Becca Mills

• California
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #376 on: December 05, 2013, 12:59:20 PM »
I'll leave this tidbit regarding how Amazon combats even legit models such as BookBub when it comes to influencing ranks long-term. It seems downloads and sales that originate with BookBub are flagged and are not counted in the algos that determine later poplist placement. The throttling happens, not on the front end, but the back end.

:o

Phoenix, you're a wealth of information.

Offline telracs

• NYC
  • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 05, 2013, 12:59:43 PM »
I said I have over 200 clients, and I never claimed to have sold solely the largest package. Are you trying to infer you want bank statements from me now...? This thread is really getting out of hand.

um, he would be implying, you would be inferring.  

and what people want is to know why, after numerous requests, you still haven't told us why we readers can't sign out to be some of your downloaders, and the corollary of that, a hint of who these downloaders are....

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #378 on: December 05, 2013, 01:00:45 PM »
Agreed.  I don't automatically pick up everything BookBub promos each day. . . . in fact only about once a week, or less often, does something catch my eye.  So if I choose to download, I intend to read it at some point.  Not saying it's going to be NOW. . . but I will get to it.

This for me as well.

One reason is I have very little time to read anyway, the other is that I am subbed to ALL of the places I have used in the past for my promos and I get something like 4 emails every day. I couldn't read all that even if I wanted to. I guess on their analytics I'm a no show or none email opener, because I use a bit of software that previews my mails without opening them to stop dodgy stuff getting on my work comp.

Offline Mark E. Cooper

• Essex, England
    • View Profile
    • Impulse Books UK
« Reply #379 on: December 05, 2013, 01:03:29 PM »
I think it is because, in at least some part due to these type of promotional sites, that Amazon has changed how free downloads impact rank. A huge burst of 10k downloads in a single 24 hour period will get you had in the ranks...but for a very small amount of time. The algos are hidden, but a lot of us believe they have been tweaked to reward steady downloads/growth. Consistency will get you a lot more visibility on Amazon itself than just a couple days of mass downloads that dwindle back into nothing.

You could be right, but I have a feeling it's more about money. You know how the zon charges for the download in the price? How do they recoup all those thousands of FREE downloads? They don't. I bet they don't like that, especially if they're downloaded by customers who never buy anything.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:05:12 PM by markecooper »

Offline Crime fighters

• Ohio
  • Something in the way
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 05, 2013, 01:06:10 PM »
I said I have over 200 clients, and I never claimed to have sold solely the largest package. Are you trying to infer you want bank statements from me now...? This thread is really getting out of hand.

False. Over at scammer central, you said that you had 300 orders from that thread alone. Which means that you actually have more. And no, I don't need to see your bank statements because I already know you are making a fortune with this service. This thread is 'only out of hand' because your lies are smearing together like a van gogh painting.

Offline Kat Lilynette

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 05, 2013, 01:14:19 PM »
Yes its apparent the pitchforks will stay out no matter what. I think I wore out my welcome by the third page, and we are going on 16 pages by now.

I suppose I should say thanks for the continued bumps though, it allows many people to read the thread and decide for themselves what they want to do. 8760 thread views!

Statement here is pretty telling.

Two things have been pretty much confirmed in this thread:

1. You've lied about your service and what you're providing. Everyone knows there's no 700k-1m reader email list like every other service out there uses.
2. Anyone with a brain can see that the 10k downloads aren't from real, interested readers/customers and is therefor against Amazon's ToS on rank manipulation.

In the 16 pages of this thread, you've basically been ousted as a fraud. The statistical data in this thread already confirms that you've misrepresented your service pretty heavily (aka lied), and now that it's become clear that however you're facilitating these downloads, they aren't from real, interested customers, it's pretty obvious to most that this is nothing more than a snatch-and-grab until Amazon busts you.

And because no one knows how Amazon will react to authors using a service that violates their ToS (your service), you've indirectly put peoples' publishing futures with Amazon in jeopardy. Regardless of how miniscule the chances are that Amazon will punish authors for using your service, that chance being there at all is something you could give two craps about. That much is apparent. This is typical Warrior Forum "use it and abuse 'em until you get caught and move on to the next scam" modus operandi.

You'd be doing yourself and us a favor by just leaving Kboards and never coming back, and I'd urge the mods to remove any contact information to you or your service from this thread.

Take your scammy WSO garbage back to the Warrior Forum. It's not so easy to sell your crap when the Warrior Forum mods aren't here to delete any negative press and help facilitate the scam, is it?

How's that for pitchfork hostility?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 02:04:56 PM by Kat Lilynette »

Offline freebookservice

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 05, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »
False. Over at scammer central, you said that you had 300 orders from that thread alone. Which means that you actually have more. And no, I don't need to see your bank statements because I already know you are making a fortune with this service. This thread is 'only out of hand' because your lies are smearing together like a van gogh painting.

Your comments are getting pedantic.

Our website is Freebookservice.com and our email is freebooksservice@gmail.com

Offline Adam Poe

• Indianapolis
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 05, 2013, 01:21:57 PM »

Do you need a TLDR version? You said that the 300 was wrong, here. On the other forum you stated 300+.

Offline freebookservice

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 05, 2013, 01:24:35 PM »
Do you need a TLDR version? You said that the 300 was wrong, here. On the other forum you stated 300+.

Number of clients are the same thing as number of sales?

Offline Crime fighters

• Ohio
  • Something in the way
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 05, 2013, 01:26:33 PM »

How is pointing out your inconsistencies pedantic?

I said you had 300 orders. You said they were 200 clients. But that's not what you said on warrior forums.

I may be pedantic (I doubt it) but you're still lying.

Offline Adam Poe

• Indianapolis
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 05, 2013, 01:27:25 PM »
Number of clients are the same thing as number of sales?

Well...if you have 300 clients, does that not mean you have sold at least 300 various packages? Or do you have non-purchasing clients.

Offline freebookservice

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 05, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »
Well...if you have 300 clients, does that not mean you have sold at least 300 various packages? Or do you have non-purchasing clients.

200+ clients 300+ sales

What are you trying to get at anyway?

Offline Adam Poe

• Indianapolis
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 05, 2013, 01:34:22 PM »
Inconsistencies on answers/information given at this thread opposed to the other forum. As K.B. already stated.

Offline Crime fighters

• Ohio
  • Something in the way
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 05, 2013, 01:35:17 PM »
We use ranking/time metrics to estimate number of downloads. We do not recommend people purchase the 10000 package if they plan on heavily promoting with other services the same day. We have also completed nearly 300 orders from this thread alone so we are EXTREMELY accurate in estimation.

Those are your words. That's what we're getting out. I repeated that claim and you tried to tell me (and others) that I was mistaken and that is not what you said. Well, yes it is.

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
« Reply #390 on: December 05, 2013, 01:46:03 PM »
Okay, just got to my hotel, and here are my results so far...
for 6421 downloads.
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #61 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Horror

Angel books in movie development
Lisa Grace - Where Good Meets Evil | author website | facebook | twitter | google+ | Youtube

Offline Arkan9

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 05, 2013, 02:10:52 PM »
I have a new release 2-day free promo starting today. Novella of 44,000 words. Less than a dozen reviews.

I did it the old fashioned way, manually submitting to the sites on the ebook booster list, plus buying a couple of the cheaper free book day listing services. Not a book I have a lot of confidence in, truth be told, so I didn't want to spend too much.

Just cracked the top 100 in the free store and have 2500+ downloads already. Go figure.

Now, as far as this thread is concerned, it's awesome because this community is awesome. We're like the shark tank. We get to the truth eventually. I knew it would come out.
Romans 10:13

Offline David Adams

• Canberra, Australia
  • David Dalglish's Kobold Minion
    • View Profile
    • The Lacunaverse
« Reply #392 on: December 05, 2013, 02:52:03 PM »
<snip>

Thank you, David. I appreciate your research and find your reasoning about permafree very convincing. Would you consider sending your info to Jeff Bezos? Someone on KB will have his email address or that of an Amazon higher-up.

I think that's beyond the purvey of what I consider fair. I don't think he would do anything, and the OP is still a human being and entitled to privacy and rights. I don't want to make this personal; I just want to make KB clear about what's going on.
Lacuna series novels:Fantasy:Bad fanfiction:Par. Romance:
Lacuna series updates: http://www.facebook.com/lacunaverse

Offline Boyd

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 05, 2013, 03:00:16 PM »

Actually I asked you about this somewhere near page 3 I thought?

Offline Boyd

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 05, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »
Most people seem to purchase the largest package, however most people that have bought this service are actually not part of kboards and don't really do the perma-free thing. So far 95% of the books I have completed orders for were for a KDP promotion where the book is free, and then goes back to paid after the promotion ends, so I don't really have much data on how permafree books do.

Ive answered this question multiple times. Not to be rude, but If that were the case, then I  would probably be advertising something other than free kindle books...

Here it is. 

Online Becca Mills

• California
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #395 on: December 05, 2013, 03:09:38 PM »
I think that's beyond the purvey of what I consider fair. I don't think he would do anything, and the OP is still a human being and entitled to privacy and rights. I don't want to make this personal; I just want to make KB clear about what's going on.

Fair enough. Choosing to protect another person's freedom and privacy is not just defensible, but laudable.

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
« Reply #396 on: December 05, 2013, 07:17:11 PM »
I do the perma free thing, and I've been at #18 in the Free Kindle store now at 10,955 downloads. This means first page visibility.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #18 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Horror
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Update 11:02 Eastern time: It's now #17 in the whole Free store with 11,352 downloads.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:03:05 PM by LisaGraceBooks »

Lisa Grace - Where Good Meets Evil | author website | facebook | twitter | google+ | Youtube

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
« Reply #397 on: December 05, 2013, 07:23:49 PM »
I think it is because, in at least some part due to these type of promotional sites, that Amazon has changed how free downloads impact rank. A huge burst of 10k downloads in a single 24 hour period will get you had in the ranks...but for a very small amount of time. The algos are hidden, but a lot of us believe they have been tweaked to reward steady downloads/growth. Consistency will get you a lot more visibility on Amazon itself than just a couple days of mass downloads that dwindle back into nothing.

Amazon definitely rewards steady downloads, which I have enough of on a daily basis to rank between 2k and 6k consistently. You do fall rapidly after just one day of a great run. I have two books that sell about the same but one is ranked way better because it has a longer track record of steady sales.

Tomorrow I'm a bargain book with Ereader News Today, and expect that book to do well on the paid side, sine it's $5.00 off it's normal price.

You also have to remember, that publishers pay Amazon to be on the front page of the Kindle, and on their pages. They are not adverse to paid advertising.

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
« Reply #398 on: December 05, 2013, 08:08:23 PM »
200+ clients 300+ sales

What are you trying to get at anyway?

Adam Poe: Clients can buy more than one ad. ;)
For instance if Amazon says they are real downloads by real Kindle - Kindle ap users, shoot, I'll gladly buy a second ad for other books I'm willing to set free, or repeat it on a current perma free, if they let me.
I would do the same with ENT, BookBub, but they limit how often and when you can run books.

I just hit #17 in the free store (I can't figure out how to take a sceen shot, or I would) with 11,352 downloads.

Offline Crime fighters

• Ohio
  • Something in the way
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 05, 2013, 08:16:18 PM »
Adam Poe: Clients can buy more than one ad. ;)

I'm guessing you didn't read the last page. This has nothing to do with 200 and 300 adding up and has more to do with the posters inconsistency. He said one thing in another forum and acted like I was full of [crap] when I brought it up.