KB Featured
The Sun God's Heir: Return (Book One)
by Elliott Baker

Kindle Edition published 2017-01-02
Bestseller ranking:

Product Description
For three thousand years a hatred burns. In seventeenth century Bordeaux two souls incarnate, one born the child of a prosperous merchant, the other, steals a life determined to continue a brutal incarnation begun long ago.

Under the guidance of Pharaoh, two brothers grew strong in knowledge and power, one a physician, the other a general. With the pharaoh’s untimely death, a deep hatred blossoms. One remembers, one does not.

The year is 1671. René Gilbert’s destiny glints from the blade of a slashing rapier. To protect those he loves he must regain the power and knowledge earned in an ancient lifetime. From Bordeaux to Spain to Morocco, René is tested and with each turn of fate he gathers enemies and allies as the memory and power of a lifetime as physician to Pharaoh returns.

Determined to continue a reign of terror that once caused the Nile to run red, Horemheb takes over the life of a young man mortally wo…

Author Topic: Under the Ice - Top 10 supernatural novel - ON OFFER  (Read 7157 times)  

Offline Tony Richards

• "Richards is a master" RT Book Reviews f/sf column
    • View Profile
    • Tony Richards -- Dark Fantasy Author
Under the Ice - Top 10 supernatural novel - ON OFFER
« on: December 03, 2013, 09:09:38 AM »

"Out at the edge of the ice, something dark appeared, rising from the water and then closing downwards on the frozen surface. I squinted. And was sure it was a human arm."

David and Bobby are a pair of twin brothers, both in love with the same woman. But on a trip to Finland, the matter gets resolved in the worst way imaginable - Bobby drowns in the icy waters just outside Helsinki. Two years later, David is still in that city and living with Krista, when a supposed magic artifact comes into their possession. And when David makes a wish upon it, dark things from the past begin resurfacing. Things like old-time sins and misdeeds. Like guilt and awful memories.

And things like Bobby himself, two years drowned and trapped under the ice ... but still here with us.

A chiller in the tradition of 'The Monkey's Paw.' Under The Ice was voted one of Horror Novel Reviews' TOP TEN BOOKS of 2013.

View Under the Ice here.

"Under the Ice is a stellar tale ... brilliant, well thought out and perfectly delivered by Tony Richards, who understands the balance that must be upheld between fantasy and reality. The story boasts numerous layers and a final curveball that's going to leave readers pleased. Whether you opt to label this one a revenge tale, a ghost story or a zombie tale, matters not. It's original, creative, and successfully blends all of the aforementioned classifications, wrapping a plethora of ideas into one novel. This is an excellent read, and you want to get your hands on it as soon as possible!" - Horror Novel Reviews.

"Richards conjures a wonderful atmosphere of cold and cold beauty, coupled with some wonderfully drawn characters. From beginning to end I couldn't put this book down. The story powers along and is told with great style by an author at the height of his powers. He's every bit as good as the best you'd care to mention. Download Under the Ice now. It absolutely cannot be missed!" - Matt Williams.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:53:59 PM by Tony Richards »
My new crime novel THE TRIBE is now out from Cemetery Dance Publications. And there are now 6 Novels in my Raine's Landing supernatural thriller series, with a seventh on the way.

Here's the complete list of my eBooks on Kindle, some self-published, others from the likes of Eos/HarperCollins and CD Publications.      VISIT MY WEBSITE.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Under the Ice - zombie chiller, formerly self-pubbed, now from Samhain
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 05:22:22 AM »
 Tony ------------------

Welcome to KBoards, Or Welcome Back ;) OR Hi, glad you're still here. :D Congratulations on the book!  :)

Much of what follows you are, no doubt, already aware of, so please consider this to be just a friendly reminder. :) (The posting of this welcome letter doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so we post this note in every thread. :) )

KBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum.  Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function or the Kboards bookmark tool available on each thread) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 11:55:05 AM »
Many thanks, Betsy & Ann.
My new crime novel THE TRIBE is now out from Cemetery Dance Publications. And there are now 6 Novels in my Raine's Landing supernatural thriller series, with a seventh on the way.

Here's the complete list of my eBooks on Kindle, some self-published, others from the likes of Eos/HarperCollins and CD Publications.      VISIT MY WEBSITE.

Offline belindaf

• New York
    • View Profile
    • Belinda Frisch, Author
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 04:05:19 PM »
Congrats, from a fellow zombie author!

Belinda Frisch | Twitter | Goodreads

Offline KT Wagner

• View Profile
    • Northern Lights Gothic
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 12:32:03 PM »
The book sounds great, Tony. 

The publishing world is "interesting" these days (I've heard that's an old Chinese curse). For those of us just dipping our toes in this world, it's heartening to hear success stories, especially speculative fiction success stories.

KT
In Ridge Falls, no good deed goes unpunished. The Giving Season is a haunting short story that will slide under your skin and burrow deep...

KT Wagner | author website | facebook | twitter

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Re: Under the Ice: An Arctic Zombie -- SALE
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 09:28:53 AM »
Many of my novels and longer collections are now on sale on Kindle ... including this highly-praised one!

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Re: Under the Ice: The Monkey's Paw revisited -- SALE
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 04:33:01 AM »
Almost the last chance to get a copy at this price.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Re: Under the Ice - Top 10 supernatural novel - Special Offer
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 07:21:42 AM »
The special offer on my Kindle novels and longer collections is ending very soon. Get hold of a couple while you can, folks.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM »
You still have a few more days to do that thing.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »
This offer is still open to Kindle readers.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 07:47:17 AM »
And that is still the case ... for a short while, at least.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 06:55:51 PM »
The Special Offer on many of my eBooks is continuing. Go ahead and take advantage of it ... get some full-length novels and long collections for a fraction of their normal price.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 07:03:17 PM »
All of my eBooks are currently at low prices, including my new crime novel THE TRIBE from CD Publishing.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 06:33:45 PM »
My Special Offer might be coming to a finish at the end of August. Last chance, perhaps?

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 06:25:52 PM »
Will this offer go on into October? Why wait to find out? Get hold of a copy now at this special price.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 09:45:08 AM »
And the SPECIAL OFFER on most of my self-published work continues. Almost all eBooks at 99c.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 07:12:59 PM »
But how much longer will the special offer last? Not too much longer. Grab some copies while you can,

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 05:47:11 PM »
Happy Holidays to you all ... especially my readers.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 04:44:40 AM »
Wishing all my readers -- and everyone else on KBoards -- a great 2018!

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 06:54:52 PM »
I've decided to keep the special offer going for a little while longer. This applies to almost all my eBooks, Take a look at the full list ... there's a link in my signature.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 06:55:37 PM »
I'm extending the 99c Offer on my self-published novels and longer collections for a little longer, And the professionally published ones are at good prices too.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 06:30:35 PM »
Take a look at the full list ... and then the star-ratings for the reviews.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 07:00:55 PM »
And many of these eBooks are still on SPECIAL OFFER.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Re: Under the Ice - Top 10 supernatural novel
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2018, 10:48:01 AM »
The special offer on my full-length novels and long collections is finished. But they are still available for $2.99, and much of my shorter work stays at the minimum price -- 99c.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Re: Under the Ice - Top 10 supernatural novel
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 07:35:28 PM »
And that is still the case.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Re: Under the Ice - Top 10 supernatural novel - ON OFFER
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 06:57:19 PM »
A lot of my longer fiction is now available at the price of 99c.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 06:39:05 PM »
And that's still the case. 99c for some full-length novels and long story collections.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2018, 06:40:02 AM »
And that is still the case.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2018, 09:52:17 AM »
Why not get some copies while you still have time?

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 06:47:49 PM »
And there are new eBooks being added to the list constantly.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2018, 06:33:12 PM »
The Special Offer on many of my eBooks is still running.