Author Topic: The life of David like you've never heard it before: Rise to Power  (Read 6616 times)  

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• "I write with my paintbrush and paint with my pen"
    • View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
Yay! My book, Rise to Power (The David Chronicles), has just been released!

Book Description:

Here is the story of David as you have never heard it before: from the king himself, telling the unofficial version, the one he never allowed his court scribes to recount. In his mind, history is written to praise the victoriousbut at the last stretch of his illustrious life, he feels an irresistible urge to tell the truth. In the first volume, Rise to Power, David gives you a fascinating account of his early years, culminating with a tribal coronation. Rooted in ancient lore, his is a surprisingly modern memoir.

In an era of cruelty, when destroying the enemy is deemed a sacred directive, the slayer of Goliath finds a way to become larger than life. His search for a path to power leads him in ways that are, at times, scandalous. Notorious for his contradictions, David is seen by others as a gifted court entertainer, a successful captain in Sauls army, a cunning fugitive, a traitor leading a gang of felons, and a ruthless raider of neighboring towns who leaves no witnesses behind.

How does he see himself, during this first phase of his life? With his hands stained with blood, can he find an inner balance between conflicting drives: his ambition for the crown, his determination to survive the conflict with Saul, and his longing for purity, for a touch of the divine, as expressed so lyrically in his psalms and music?

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Let's go NATS
    • View Profile
Re: Rise to Power
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 03:38:55 PM »

Welcome to KBoards, Or Welcome Back ;) OR Hi, glad you're still here. :D Congratulations on the book!  :)

Much of what follows you are, no doubt, already aware of, so please consider this to be just a friendly reminder. :) (The posting of this welcome letter doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so we post this note in every thread. :) )

KBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum.  Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function or the Kboards bookmark tool available on each thread) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 03:35:57 PM »
The early version of the cover was based on my acrylic painting of David playing before Saul. But I was unhappy with the result. The painting gave the aura of a legend, a 'rag-to-riches' fairytale, and it presented David as a child, both of which only begin to scratch the surface.

So I went back to the drawing board, and selected one of my watercolors for a backdrop, over which I positioned the face of Bernini's David. I love the dynamic expression, the effort it imparts both physically and mentally. This, to me, is the essence of this wonderfully complex character. Set against the tension between cool and warm colors, intense and loose pigments, here is an ambitious man trying to figure out how to take charge of his life, and how to make a mark on history.

Here, now, is the cover:

✿(̃̃‿̃̃ ♡ ◦˚ So happy! Rise to Power has just appeared in print!
♥ Print ♥ http://bookShow.me/098499324X
♥ Ebook ♥ http://bookShow.me/B00H6PMZ0U

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 12:01:29 PM »
Author of War Songs, Grady Harp describes himself as being ever on the alert for the new and promising geniuses of tomorrow. He is an artist representative, gallery owner, writer of essays and articles on figurative and all Representational art for museum catalogues and for traveling exhibitions, and an Amazon Hall of Fame Reviewer. So I am deeply honored that he has posted this five-star review for my just-published book, Rise to Power:

★★★★★ David as we have never known him, December 26, 2013
By
Grady Harp (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER) (VINE VOICE) (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER) (REAL NAME)

This review is from: Rise to Power (The David Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)
Uvi Poznansky wears a coat of many colors. Originally from Israel where she studied Architecture and Town Planning then moving to the US where she studied Computer Science and became an expert in Software Engineering, Poznansky managed to combine the design elements of two studies into unique formats. And she has accomplished the same with the other side of her brain - making visual her ideas (she is an accomplished painter, drawer, and sculptor who has enjoyed exhibitions both in Israel and in California, her present base) and making words in poetry and in short stories and children's books. RISE TO POWER is her second novel and is adorned on the cover with an image of her own painting!

But the miracle of Uvi Poznansky's writing is her uncanny ability to return to old stories and make them brilliantly fresh. This retelling of the Biblical David unveils a character far more profound and fragile than the slayer of Goliath. His personality radiates from every page as her grows from valiant lad to eloquent hero and Poznansky's gift for poetry renders a magical hue to every aspect of this story. At times startling, as times awe-inspiring, and at al times fine reading, this is a welcome addition to the growing library of one our more important writers. More please!! Grady Harp, December 13

Print  http://bookShow.me/098499324X
 Ebook  http://bookShow.me/B00H6PMZ0U

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 09:37:17 AM »
"So far I doubt she has caught the sound of my footfalls. I edge closer, advancing stealthily along the shadow, a seemingly endless shadow cast across the flat surface of her roof by my tower. Never once do I stop to remind myself that such behavior is unbecoming of a king.
And who can blame me? In her presence I am reduced to a boy.
I must find a way to impress her. Which is why I brought my crown along, even though it sits somewhat uncomfortably on my head. It is a bit too large for me, and too heavy, too.
On my way I leap across a staircase, leading down from the roof. On a railing, here in front of me, hangs a large Egyptian towel, as if to mark a barrier. I tell myself, This isnt right. I should stop, stop right here and whatever happens I should cover my eyes, avoid taking a peep at her... Shall I turn back?
And immediately I answer by asking, What? Stopping midway is nothing short of a sin...Youll never forgive yourself... To which I say, stop talking to yourself already! Are you out of your mind?
Behind the towel I can see a puff of steam rising. Bathsheba must have poured boiling water into her tub only a minute ago. One kettle, set down by the claw-foot of the thing, has been emptied, the otherstill full, waiting for its turn. Now, out of the swirl of vapors, her shoulders start to take shape."

David in Rise to Power (The David Chronicles)

This is my watercolor painting of Bathsheba. I am thinking of using this painting for the cover of my next book, Bathsheba (The David Chronicles.)

Get ★★★★★  Rise to Power

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »
Let me give you the dearest gift that I can
Do not refuse me, for my story began
With passion at heart, guilt down at the gut
And sentences that I weave, then turn and cut
Now I give it to you, and this is my plea
Hold my book in your hand, it is yours, it is for thee!

♥  Rise to Power ♥ http://bookShow.me/B00H6PMZ0U
♥ Apart From Love ♥ http://BookShow.me/B006WPITP0
♥ A Favorite Son ♥ http://bookShow.me/B00AUZ3LGU
♥ Twisted ♥ http://bookShow.me/B00D7Q3IY4

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
Re: Rise to Power (The David Chronicles)
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 10:05:27 AM »
The moment I have dreaded for quite some time is upon me... My new release Rise to Power has been charged, and with words none too kind: "Not Kosher." And my book A Favorite Son has been named 'the worst story ever read' based on an accusation of blasphemy. So I invite you to make your own judgement:

Is it blasphemy? Not kosher? You decide!

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 05:32:14 PM »
These discounts won't last! Grab your print copies now

Cover reveal: Rise to Power, the audiobook edition

For the audio cover I selected one of my watercolors for a backdrop, over which I positioned the head of Bernini's David. I love the dynamic expression, the effort it imparts both physically and mentally. This, to me, is the essence of this wonderfully complex character. Set against the tension between cool and warm colors, intense and loose pigments, here is an ambitious man trying to figure out how to take charge of his life, and how to make a mark on history.

The author name and the name of the series, The David Chronicles, appear in capital letters to indicate regal formality, but the title Rise to Power is written in flowing, expressive font, as if the king himself scribbled it upon his papyrus roll.

The letters appear in glorious gold hues, yet they are dipped in blood red glow as a symbol of David's life. As a fugitive and a leader of a band of felons, he exacted a terrible vengeance on towns and villages surrounding Gath, the stronghold of his Philistine master. Because of the blood on his hands, he was deemed unworthy of building the temple in the city of David. 

I have already heard the first fifteen minutes of the narration, performed by a gifted actor, David George. He is a prolific artist, who in many ways resembles his namesake. I will soon invite you to hear more about his work, so stay tuned!

Get ★★★★★ RISE TO POWER

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 03:24:23 PM »
I am thrilled that my new book, Rise to Power, has just received a lovely review from Sheila Deeth, who is the author of the novel Divide by Zero and other books. With a Masters in mathematics from Cambridge University, England, she is a reviewer for Amazon, Goodreads, Gather and other reading sites. This is what she says:

4.0 out of 5 stars Great blend of ancient history and genuine character, January 29, 2014
By S. Deeth "Sheila Deeth" (OR, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)   
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

Uvi Poznansky's Rise to Power is a tale of madmen and kings, youth and old age, prison cells and freedom's ring. It's drawn from Biblical history, enjoyed through the eyes of modernity, and it vividly recreates character and place as opposed to the more familiar caricature and reverence.

This David's music affords him rock-star status in court; his imagination offers the surprise of opportunity; and his ambition drives friends, wives and story toward the well-known tale that his well-chosen historians will tell. From the loneliness of historical irony to the lure of significance, the author's vivid prose blends the haunting tones of harp with harping determination, quoting and personifying the Psalms, offering intriguing answers to history's queries, and revealing the warrior poet as a master of pithy quotes and political choice. It's an intriguing tale, told in an intriguing blend of old and new, with the weight of faith and history nicely balanced by the immediate self-centeredness of youth.

Offering a tortuous course in court intrigue, and blending the violence of war with the music of influence, Rise to Power leads the immature and ambitious David to his throne, leaving the door open for growth in more Chronicles to come. I shall eagerly await them.

On a different note:

Let me introduce you to my writer friends

We invite you to
Be my Valentine
Join us to win one of our audiobooks

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 10:02:56 AM »
Two new reviews this week:

It is such a thrill to read a review written by Michelle Bellon. She is a young yet prolific author. I have read two of her recent books, Embracing Me, Embracing You and her newest work, Rogue Alliance, both of which were absolutely great. This is what she posted on Amazon for my new novel, Rise to Power:

★★★★★ A Tale Untold, February 4, 2014
By Michelle Bellon
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: Rise to Power (The David Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)
Once again, Poznansky has taken an age old tale and breathed new life into it.

This story starts out a bit slow and even a little confusing as you try to gain ground on the emotional terrain of the characters. However, as you acquaint yourself with the prose and style you gain a whole new appreciation for the story as it unfolds.

For me, the crux of this complex story illustrates our underlying human nature and how we perceive not only ourselves, but how we see ourselves in the world. The conflict that we have between our ego self and our spirit self. This is what David struggles with and the author tells it with vivid imagery that gives texture and brings it to life.

★★★★★ Now is the time to break out that special bottle of fine wine., February 5, 2014
By D.W.Headrick - See all my reviews

Yes, the reading of "Rise To Power" is a special occasion, an event worthy of celebration. When a compilation of the finest works of Uvi Poznansky is amassed, and this will happen, "Rise to Power" will undoubtedly be a featured entry.

The good fortune I experienced upon discovering Ms. Poznansky's work has evolved into a literary blessing - one I eagerly share with all my friends and associates. She never disappoints. No, on the contrary, she always surprises us with her mastery of the scribal art form. If you haven't experienced her poetic style, her creative and uniquely intimate prose, and if you are a lover of exquisite writing, you have been needlessly deprived of a wonderful reading experience.

One of the greatest challenges an author can undertake is his or her effort to "humanize" an idol, a person made immortal because of their nobility or heroism. This is especially true when the subject is a religious symbol, a virtual Biblical icon throughout the ages. When Uvi Poznanski began her endeavor to reveal the humanity, to show us the heart of a boy, a king, an old man we now know as the Biblical King David, she undertook an awesome task, indeed. But, and this comes as no surprise, she has presented us an uncommon but wholly believable portrait that allows us to identify with, empathize with, and feel closer to the second King of the United Kingdom of Israel and Judah; closer than we might ever have imagined. And she does so with brilliant virtuosity. Here is a sampling of the authors genius from Rise to Power as she describes the lamentations of an old King recalling and yearning for youth:

And at the last moment before my eyes close, before it is time to sleep, the light grows stronger. It bursts out with a shine brighter than anything I have seen, anything I have imagined before. A gentle wind starts blowing into the silk curtains overhead, filling them till they become pregnant with air. In one breath they open wide apart, to reveal naked walls. A minute later, the entire palace crumbles to dust, and from it a great valley breaks open.
It is then that I realize one thing: I must have been mistaken. It is not an old man that is reflected here, in the metallic surface. Instead it is someone else, someone I wish I could beckon home one more time.

There is David, a young boy with sharp eyes. Morning breeze plays with his curls. It whispers words of hope and promise in his ear. Yet unscarred by battle, his arms are smooth, his handsstrong. They are the hands of a killer.
There is David. Focusing his eyes across the valley, the boy is looking for a way to become larger than life. There he stands, ready for his enemy. Ready for the kill.

I am his future, but he is oblivious to me. I smile at him.
He is slow to smile back.

I need say no more. You have sampled the brilliance. Read Uvi Poznankys Rise to Power.

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 09:12:39 AM »
David George has a deep, resonant voice, pronounced with a regal gravity, the way I have imagined for the role of David in my new novel, Rise to Power. Take a listen to his audition for the role, and you will hear for yourself how wonderfully David brings the king to life, in both instances: in old age, and in youth:

I became curious to learn more about him when I heard that he was born in Acre, Israel, which means that in his childhood he crossed paths with his biblical namesake. He was raised in London from age of five, and is a citizen of the UK, Canada & the US. He is A Filmmaker, Photographer, Writer, Composer, Songwriter & Voiceover Actor.

Take a listen to his audition for the role of David, here

Here are but a few highlights from his illustrious career. You can see for yourself that the man I chose is as prolific in his talents as my character:

• David George is a filmmaker and former A&M Canada recording artist.
  • He is currently working as a lyricist with Grammy nominated Michael Hoppe. "Love Overflows" a new Hoppe/George song will be Featured on the next Michael Hoppe CD out in Spring 2013.
  • Giuditta Scorcelletti (Vocal) and Alessandro Bongi (Guitar) will release a collection of Hoppe/George songs in the US later in 2014
  • He is working as a lyricist with Academy Award Winner Yuval Ron (For Syriana)
  • He recorded a variety of character voices for Greystone Productions in Burbank for Mellisa Jo Peltier.
  • He directed, edited & composed music for the documentary film The Battle of Little Sayler's Creek - now available on Amazon.com. Also music CD It's a Beautiful World available on CD Baby and Amazon David wrote all the songs, performed, produced and arranged the CD.
  • He wrote the audio drama Remote Control where he and his brother Brian George (best known as Babu on Seinfeld) starred.
  • He was the Director, Editor, Composer of the feature documentary The Battle of Little Sayler's Creek: Feature Documentary
  • He was the writer, producer, director, composer for Sister Beatrice Explores, a satire based on Sister Wendy Beckett's British series on art
  • He was the director for Dracula Tyrranus: The Tragical History of Vlad the Impaler, at The Globe Playhouse, Los Angeles. LA Weekly: Pick of the week.
  • He was the composer for The Howling IV: Feature Film

I am looking forward to featuring him soon in an interview in the Guest corner of my blog.

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 08:21:08 AM »
The life of David has numerous hair-raising moments. One of them is the slaying Goliath, after which the daughters of Israel come singing his praise. They do it with adoring voices that hide the horrific meaning of the words, words that glorify slaughter on the battlefield. Here is this moment, in the voice of David:

Saul has killed his thousands

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
Re: The life of David like you've never heard it before: Rise to Power
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 09:01:42 AM »
Get APART FROM LOVE, it's FREE today only:
Secrets, passion, betrayal... Find a path from guilt to forgiveness

And wow! Doing the happy dance! My new audiobook Rise to Power just came live on Audible! Check it out:

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 07:06:15 AM »
"I must have lost my mind, because I leap over the brook and run quickly towards him. And I put my hand in my bag and take out one of my pebbles and sling it.
It is now that time starts slowing down. With sharp, heightened senses I feel morning the breeze playing with my curls, brushing them this way and that, down to the nape of my neck. Here I am, twisting over my legs, wringing my body in a tortuous effort to gather momentum, to let a pebble fly..."

To read more click here: If I live, someone should sculpt me, just so

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 12:27:29 PM »
"Holding the sword upright over the head of the Philistine, and shaking a little on my feet, I know one thing for sure: by the rules of engagement, the outcome of this battle has already been decided by his fall. Now I have little time before they arrive here, I mean, our soldiers. They are sure to leap down into the valley, uttering wild battle cries and aiming their weapons at the backs of the enemy, who would be dispersing in confusion.
And time is dear, time something I need. I must finish the job quickly, because when a giant falls you take no chances. What if he has merely fainted--only to rise to his feet again in a few minutes, and come at me? And what if he is simply faking it?
So I take a deep breath. The sword feels ferociously heavy over me. Then in one fell swoop I bring it down with all my force, cutting deep into his throat.
This is the moment when I decide that in the future, I must refrain from describing all the gory details, I mean, how my victim coughs and sputters as the flesh starts tearing apart... How his arms flail, trying to reach for me, to yank the hilt of the sword out of my hold... How the color seems to be draining from his skin... How blood spurts from the wound, gushing from the sliced vein... How it shoots from his neck all over the blade, and all the way up to the palm of my hand.
 This, I say to myself, used to be the hand of a musician. Is this the hand of a hero? A warrior? A killer? It seems to move by its own will, as if it belonged to someone else.
Who am I now?"

David in Rise to Power

I love it when my character says that he will refrain from describing all the gory details, only to go ahead and do it anyway, in full, vivid color, holding the dismembered head directly in front of our faces, so we can almost smell the blood, just the way artists have done over the centuries. There are countless paintings of David with the head of Goliath.

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »
Why am I moving from one literary genre to another?
This is a question I often ask myself. What I do is just the opposite of branding, perhaps because I find ways to surprise myself. So my books cannot easily be classified in the narrow confines of a particular genre, because life as we know it--and my art, which mirrors it-- constantly changes from one genre to the next. One moment is is humorous; the next, it is erotic; then, it might be a tragedy...

To read more, click here:

Why am I moving from one literary genre to another?

[//url]

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 01:11:31 PM »
My ebook is FREE! 
Get it now, or I will glower
Get it now, and rise to power!

Get RISE TO POWER
♥ Ebook http://bookShow.me/B00H6PMZ0U
♥ Audio http://tinyurl.com/rise-audio
♥ Print http://bookShow.me/098499324X
♥ No Kindle? Get free app http://tinyurl.com/amazon-kindle-app-free

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 03:51:18 PM »
Don't miss this opportunity! A select group of authors has joined forces with me. Some of our books are memoirs based on real people and true events, some are historical fiction, and some are alternative history. Let us whisk you away to a different time and place. Come listen to our stories. You may win one of the ebooks!

A Time to Remember

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »
Just discovered a lovely review of Rise to Power (the audiobook edition, narrated by David George.) Here is how it starts:

The story opens with an old king, one who has had his claws and fangs pulled. Indeed, he is not a particularly impressive specimen. Through the course of one night, his memory flashes back to younger days...

To read the review in full, click here: Rise to Power by Uvi Poznansky

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 10:23:40 AM »
"Go, why don't you go back home," he mutters, dismissing me with a casual wave of the hand.
"Please," I say. "Let me serve you. You'll find my music soothing, I trust."
"Trust?" he says, locking eyes with me.
"Just so, your majesty. Trust!"
"There is no such thing, where I'm sitting."
"But my music--"
"It awakens something in me," he groans, pressing a hand against his temple. "Something I wish to ignore. An unspeakable sort of pain. There's a demon in me, and I know--I just know he'll break loose, he'll take over, the moment I'll let myself soften."

To read more, and listen to the beautiful narration, click here: The other side of obedience

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 03:21:22 PM »
Here, on my ear, I can feel the tickle of her curl, which must have slinked out of the towel wrapping her head. And I can smell the scent of shampoo as she leans closer to whisper, "Get in."
In confusion I whisper back, "Get in--what?"
"The tub," she breathes in my ear. "What else?"

To read more click here:
I must guard myself from her, because she knows me, knows my weakness

On a different note:

A select group of authors has joined forces with me
to bring you amazing stories
narrated by great voice actors.
This spring, we invite you for an early Mother's Day picnic.
Come listen to voice clips from the audiobooks
You may win one of them!

To join click here: ♡ MOM

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 03:48:10 PM »
"So far I doubt she has caught the sound of my footfalls. I edge closer, advancing stealthily along the shadow, a seemingly endless shadow cast across the flat surface of her roof by my tower..."

To read more click here:
A Peek at Bathsheba

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2014, 06:11:59 PM »
Writing about David as a fugitive, I asked myself, where would he hide in the wilderness? What would that place feel like? How would it look? How would the place reflect the mode he would find himself in, during this testing time of his life, when he is called a traitor?

And once I found that place in my imagination, the question became: how do I convey the mood in this place? How would the mood change from bitterness to hope? And as an author, how do I bring all of this to life, by painting images with words? How do I use the rhythms and pauses of David's inner reflection?

To read more click here: Nothing in the king's palace compares to this beauty

Offline starkllr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2014, 08:54:50 AM »
This is a fantastic book.  As with all of Uvi's other works, her use of language is absolutely beautiful. 

What if you could see everyone else's dreams?
J.J. DiBenedetto | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Smashwords | Goodreads

Offline Uvi Poznansky

• View Profile
    • Uvi Poznansky
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 11:05:34 AM »
I got tagged by Christopher Bynum on his blog The Black Writer to carry the torch by taking part in a blog tour, in which we discuss our writing process.
What am I working on? How does my release differ from others of its genre? Why do I write what I do? How does my writing process work?

Click here to find out:
The Writing Process