KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: (same post, diff. title) Old Fashioned movie releasing in 200+ theaters  (Read 12566 times)  

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
Latest update: 12/11/14
Old Fashioned movie (by the people who are some of the producers of my angel series books which are next in their queue in movie dev.) is opening in 200+ theaters, on the same weekend as 50 Shades.

To see if it is in a city near you check this list:
http://www.oldfashionedmovie.com/theaters

On a personal note: My family and I attended another advanced screening and were seated at a table with the film commissioner of St. Petersburg - Clearwater, Tom Armer, and one of the head tourism officials. My first two books are set in Clearwater, so I'm hoping the state gov.'t will approve more credits at their meeting in April. 

What does this have to do with writing?
I think most authors want to see their books become movies, and getting approval from local officials,  film credits, and those involved in the film industry is another key step in a long process for quite a few projects that are not picked up by the major studios.

I wonder if Netflix will have it on DVD. I'll keep an eye out for it.

• Update December 4th: Just found out they signed a major distribution deal for the  DVDs through a company everyone has heard of.

• Opening night will be February 13th, February 14th in select theaters across the US.
  • There is a fundraiser this Friday night for the Sunscreen Film Festival hosted by the St. Petersburg Clearwater Film Society this Saturday, December 6th.
  • Ticket information here:
http://sunscreen-filmfestival.ticketleap.com/old-fashioned-advance-screening/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0ozDjAQco" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0ozDjAQco</a>

Old news from original post:
Old Fashioned has finally moved into final mix (movie talk for it's done) and is getting set for release. A sneak preview is being done for two dates in January before the theatrical release is announced for later in 2014. it's a stunningly beautiful film (from the top secret trailers I've seen.)
Why is this important to me?

Because an announcement will be made shortly after that about my angel series books (the first two) being moved into pre-production.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=654190921294576&set=a.238346039545735.56444.160270767353263&type=1&theater

If you live anywhere near the area, you might want to get tickets to the sneak previews before they sell out.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:27:28 PM by LisaGrace »

Angel books in movie development
Lisa Grace - Where Good Meets Evil | author website | facebook | twitter | google+ | Youtube

Offline BTackitt

• Texas, USA
    • View Profile
Re: "Old Fashioned" movie sneak preview in OH, January 18th & 19th
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 12:37:05 PM »
Congratulations Lisa!
"If man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty." ~Japanese Proverb
Screensaver Images: http://s684.photobucket.com/home/B_Tackitt/index

Offline Michael Buckley

• Clemson, SC
    • View Profile
    • Author Websitie
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 01:07:32 PM »
Old Fashioned has finally moved into final mix (movie talk for it's done) and is getting set for release. A sneak preview is being done for two dates in January before the theatrical release is announced for later in 2014. it's a stunningly beautiful film (from the top secret trailers I've seen.)
Why is this important to me?

Because an announcement will be made shortly after that about my angel series books (the first two) being moved into pre-production.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=654190921294576&set=a.238346039545735.56444.160270767353263&type=1&theater

If you live anywhere near the area, you might want to get tickets to the sneak previews before they sell out.

What's the saying? You go girl? Or Congrats to ya. :)

Offline David 'Half-Orc' Dalglish

• Missouri
  • I tell stories.
    • View Profile
    • Official Website
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 01:46:00 PM »
So this is an announcement of an upcoming announcement..?
  |    |  |

Online Monique

• California
    • View Profile
    • Written by Monique
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 01:54:26 PM »

The announcement will come after the screenings or after the theatrical release yet to be determined later in 2014?

Monique Martin | author website | facebook | twitter

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 06:43:52 PM »
Congratulations Lisa!
What's the saying? You go girl? Or Congrats to ya. :)

Thank you. :)

So this is an announcement of an upcoming announcement..?
The announcement will come after the screenings or after the theatrical release yet to be determined later in 2014?

I guess for you and Monique, it is. This is kind of the way the movie business works. If you have some inside knowledge of how to release information faster or better, I'm all ears.

For the rest, they can get tickets to see Old Fashioned January 18th or 19th in OH before it hits general release in the theaters.

Lisa Grace - Where Good Meets Evil | author website | facebook | twitter | google+ | Youtube

Online Monique

• California
    • View Profile
    • Written by Monique
 :-X

You said "after that." I was just asking what that that was. The Jan screenings or the national release?

Monique Martin | author website | facebook | twitter

Offline VydorScope

• USA
  • "Perseverance over skill, every time"-- V. Trigili
    • View Profile
    • My Novels
Regardless if it is an announcement of an announcement or just an announcement or ?? it is still cool! Congrats!
Vincent 
"INDESCRIBABLY ALLURING" -- S.M. Reine
My Author Website | Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | My Deviant Art Gallery

Offline LBrent

• NY
    • View Profile
Sweet! Congratulations.

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace

Thanks Vyderscope and LBrent. :)

Monique, If I had set dates I'd say. I'm not exactly in the loop. My agents say there are long periods where lots of things are happening behind the scenes that I'm not aware of, and then it will all seem to hit all at once. Then there are certain things I do know that I'm not allowed to talk about. It's frustrating. I'm just happy that their current project is so close to general release. It's a love story so maybe they're trying to set it for release through the distribution co. for a Valentine's Day weekend or Mother's Day, but I'm just guessing because I'm not in the loop.

Offline VydorScope

• USA
  • "Perseverance over skill, every time"-- V. Trigili
    • View Profile
    • My Novels
Is the movie just book one, or did they combine both books for one movie?
Vincent 
"INDESCRIBABLY ALLURING" -- S.M. Reine
My Author Website | Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | My Deviant Art Gallery

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
Is the movie just book one, or did they combine both books for one movie?

It's my understanding it will be some of the set up (so you know the characters) from book 1, but the main plot of book 2. I've had a few phone meetings with the people who wrote the screen treatment, and meetings about the synopsis of all five books in the current story arc (so they can add foreshadowing) but again, I haven't seen it, and they're under no obligation to show it to me, which is fine with me.

Offline WG McCabe

• The hero WC deserves
    • View Profile
Wow. New Philadelphia OH is a pretty small town (I have kin-folk there, not far from me). Any idea why the 1st showings are there? Cast or crew have a link to Kent State Tusc? Just curious. I'll try my darndest to get to it, work permitting.

Congrats!

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
Wow. New Philadelphia OH is a pretty small town (I have kin-folk there, not far from me). Any idea why the 1st showings are there? Cast or crew have a link to Kent State Tusc? Just curious. I'll try my darndest to get to it, work permitting.

Congrats!
It was shot in Tuscarawas County, OH. I think this is why they're having it there.

Offline WG McCabe

• The hero WC deserves
    • View Profile
Ah, gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks, Lisa, and good luck with the release.

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
As some of you know, the production company that optioned the first two books in my angel series, had a movie (Old Fashioned) being filmed (it's in the can now) and that mine was/is in development as the next film in line.

Well, they have two book deals with Tyndale House who has finally put one of the books up for pre-order. :)
The paperback will be released 8/15/2014 and the ebook 9/01/14.
It looks like all the pages about it are still being set up. :) This is exciting news for me, even though it's not my book.
http://www.christianbook.com/old-fashioned-rene-gutteridge/9781414379333/pd/379333/1409901458?event=AAI
Here's the book summary:
Former frat boy Clay Walsh has given up his reckless lifestyle and settled down to run an antique shop in a small Midwestern college town. Determined to put his partying ways behind him, Clay has become notorious for his lofty and outdated theories on love and romance. But when Amber Hewson, a free-spirited woman with a gypsy soul, rents the apartment above his shop, Clay cannot resist being attracted to her spontaneous and passionate embrace of life.
New to the area, Amber finds herself surprisingly drawn to Clay and his noble ideas, but her own fears and deep wounds are difficult to overcome. Can they move beyond their differences and their pasts to attempt an "old-fashioned" courtship?

Yes, I have received exciting news about my project and books, but I can't talk about those.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:49:55 AM by LisaGraceBooks »

Offline JeanneM

• East Coast
    • View Profile
    • The Pet Medium
Re: Old Fashioned - the movie the book is now available for pre-order
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 08:27:29 PM »
Congrats on things moving forward. Why don't they let people talk about these things? When will you be able too?  Can't wait to hear. You sure have waited long enough. I hope they move things forward fast for you.

Offline ConnerKressley

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 08:47:00 PM »
That sounds like a pretty cool story. Good luck with the next step of your process. I'm sure things will be wonderful for you

Conner Kressley

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 12:02:20 AM »
Congrats on things moving forward. Why don't they let people talk about these things? When will you be able too?  Can't wait to hear. You sure have waited long enough. I hope they move things forward fast for you.
Movies have such a short time in the theater that most aren't talked about at all until a big burst of publicity a week or so before it gets in the theaters. They're doing things in a very timed and orderly fashion on purpose. Actually, for the amount of people and money invested in a film, and all the complicated steps, it's moving okay. I'm so happy Tyndale House and Rene Gutterridge are doing their books. They both have a great reputation.

I do believe the film is quirky and romantic enough to be the next "You've Got Mail" or "Sleepless in Seattle."

That sounds like a pretty cool story. Good luck with the next step of your process. I'm sure things will be wonderful for you

It's really a clever film. It's been a lot of fun seeing how everything is pulling together. I'm just concentrating on releasing my book True Treasure at the end of this month, then finishing two small projects, and workiing on FEUDAL Land my next YA series. I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to do projects I love. Everything else is book gravy. :)

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
My book that has been optioned 2x, the options exercised, and now is currently in development and on target to move into pre-production; this is the film that is ahead of mine in the queue. Since there are some major protests in the UK, I'm hoping  Old Fashioned makes quite a splash.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/fifty-shades-challenge-faith-based-1201270675/

Freestyle Releasing, which generated strong grosses for "God's Not Dead," is offering up a challenge next Valentine's Day to "Fifty Shades of Grey" with faith-based romance "Old Fashioned."

"God's Not Dead" made 60 million.

Yes, I'm excited, because I can see mine moving into pre-production sometime in 2015.  8)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:14:36 PM by LisaGraceBooks »

Offline Rich Amooi

• San Jose, California
  • Hi Mom!
    • View Profile
    • Author Website
My book that has been optioned 2x, the options exercised, and now is currently in development and on target to move into production, is being produced and this is the film that is ahead of mine in the queue. Since there are some major protests in the UK, I'm hoping there current film Old Fashioned makes quite a splash.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/fifty-shades-challenge-faith-based-1201270675/

Freestyle Releasing, which generated strong grosses for "God's Not Dead," is offering up a challenge next Valentine's Day to "Fifty Shades of Grey" with faith-based romance "Old Fashioned."

"God's Not Dead" made 60 million.

Yes, I'm excited, because I can see mine moving into pre-production sometime in 2015.  8)

Wow! That's amazing! Congratulations. Hopefully, you will be able to publish your paperback again with a new cover when the movie comes out (featuring the movie poster with the actual actors).

Quirky Romantic Comedies from a Guy's Perspective. Happily married to a kiss monster.
Rich Amooi | Author Website | Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
Wow! That's amazing! Congratulations. Hopefully, you will be able to publish your paperback again with a new cover when the movie comes out (featuring the movie poster with the actual actors).

Thank you :)
I've seen it in sneak showings and it reminds me of "You've Got Mail." I met other producers that signed on for my film at the Sunscreen Film Festival, and I've been having a blast. I think OFs potential to be a hit is there.

I do have a 27 page contract addressing all the issues.

They fully expect the angel series to be a hit. Of course, every producer expects the films they invest in to be hits or they wouldn't be sinking millions into making them, and then millions into promoting them. :)

Offline Rich Amooi

• San Jose, California
  • Hi Mom!
    • View Profile
    • Author Website
I can understand why you are having a blast. That's very cool.

I've only seen You've Got Mail about a hundred times with my wife!  :)

Quirky Romantic Comedies from a Guy's Perspective. Happily married to a kiss monster.
Rich Amooi | Author Website | Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
I can understand why you are having a blast. That's very cool.

I've only seen You've Got Mail about a hundred times with my wife!  :)

This is a beautiful film like that, fun and silly yet heavy on romantic tension.

Offline Martitalbott

• Marti Talbott
    • View Profile
    • Marti Talbott's Books
You go girl!

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
merged with existing thread on this project.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Online Christopher Bunn

• California, USA
  • Yes, Virginia, there is a monster under your bed.
    • View Profile
    • Scribbles & Tunes
Sounds great! Keep us posted.

Not to veer too much off subject...but my indie film route (the drastic alternate to yours) is proceeding once again. After shooting my Rise of the Gamers script, the same bunch of folks out in Virginia are going to start shooting my latest script (The Rangers) on August 15th. Nine days of seat-of-the-pants filming of orcs, elves, rangers, and a lot of fighting.

It's kind of interesting to watch the progress of the two different routes. In many ways, your studio route is somewhat akin to traditional publishing, and my indie route is akin to self-publishing. I know your film will turn out in a much more professional fashion and go further (and I know so, for many specific reasons), but I love the start-up/loony mentality of indie film.

Anyway, back to you...as I said before, please keep us posted. I'm rooting for you.

Offline Caddy

• Novels For Adults Who Color Outside the Lines
    • View Profile
    • Caddy Rowland: Slice of Life
Congratulations, Lisa!
ALSO WRITING HOT GAY M/M ROMANCE UNDER SIBLEY JACKSON

The Gastien Series: Sometimes the "impossible" is possiblebut the cost can be extremely high. | There Was a House:They better be damn good. There will only be one chance. | The Avengement Series: Karma really can be a b*tchespecially when it scores a willing partner.

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
merged with existing thread on this project.
I believe the previous ones were locked, so I couldn't add to them. I ran a search and nothing popped up, which is why I started a new thread. I've bookmarked this thread so I can just add to it in the future.

Sounds great! Keep us posted.

Not to veer too much off subject...but my indie film route (the drastic alternate to yours) is proceeding once again. After shooting my Rise of the Gamers script, the same bunch of folks out in Virginia are going to start shooting my latest script (The Rangers) on August 15th. Nine days of seat-of-the-pants filming of orcs, elves, rangers, and a lot of fighting.

It's kind of interesting to watch the progress of the two different routes. In many ways, your studio route is somewhat akin to traditional publishing, and my indie route is akin to self-publishing. I know your film will turn out in a much more professional fashion and go further (and I know so, for many specific reasons), but I love the start-up/loony mentality of indie film.

Anyway, back to you...as I said before, please keep us posted. I'm rooting for you.

Thanks Christopher :). I'm rooting for you too. Sounds exciting and I'm glad you're following your dream to get your movies made.

Congratulations, Lisa!

Thank you, Caddy! :) As this project moves forward, so does mine. 

Also, I think it's brilliant they're releasing this one the same time as Fifty Shades. Especially with some of the protests that are popping up.  http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-19354560 and http://www.theguardian.com/books/2012/aug/24/fifty-shades-grey-domestic-violence-campaigners
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:04:29 PM by LisaGraceBooks »

Offline cinisajoy

• Texas
    • View Profile
Lisa,
Whatever do you have against 50SOG?   ;)
Now I wish your producers all the best in the world on their counter movie.
Though if it is any consolation I won't be watching either. 
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,216185.msg3013849.html#new

Please help our friend and fellow kboarder Craig Hansen.

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
Lisa,
Whatever do you have against 50SOG?   ;)
Now I wish your producers all the best in the world on their counter movie.
Though if it is any consolation I won't be watching either. 

LOL. They started filming OF three years ago? Way before FSOG. But the tie in for marketing is perfect.

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
Time magazine article: http://time.com/3057707/50-shades-of-grey-old-fashioned/ Word is getting out. :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:10:04 PM by LisaGraceBooks »

Offline Joe_Nobody

• Texas (east and west)
    • View Profile
    • Joe Nobody Books
You go girl! I bet you're on pins and needles... so to speak.

Online Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake'

• Florida
  • Remembering Jeff and Harvey
    • View Profile
Marking my calendar!

Please visit my website to browse my virtual bookshelf.
Margaret Lake | website | twitter | youtube | facebook

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
You go girl! I bet you're on pins and needles... so to speak.

Thanks Joe, yes, I am. :)  Lot's of other stuff happening behind the scenes. The next six months are going to be a blast.

Marking my calendar!

Thanks, Gertie :)

Just found another article:  http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/new-film-old-fashioned-is-50-shades-of-grey-for-christians-claims-its-creator-9636401.html

Online Andrew Ashling

• Lorseth, Great Renuvia
  • Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens
    • View Profile
    • Ximerion
Good for you, Lisa.  ;)

FREE: Bonds of Hate (First book of Dark Tales) | Amazon: kindle-format | Kobo: epub | ARe: epub & mobi | B&N: epub | iTunes: iBook

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace

Offline JeanneM

• East Coast
    • View Profile
    • The Pet Medium
As soon as they let you talk about things, you better come here and tell us. We can't wait for this to happen for you. :)

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
As soon as they let you talk about things, you better come here and tell us. We can't wait for this to happen for you. :)

Jeanne, lol, you know I will. :) I want self publishers to know good things can happen just from getting your books out there. My agents are working on making me a hybrid within the next year.

In the meantime, I have one book to release before the end of August, another by October, and another I'll be releasing the paperback version of in the next couple of days.  I just did three interviews this last week, have another podcast booked, my website is being revamped, and lots of other good stuff is happening, so I'm staying busy personally, and work wise.

Offline JeanneM

• East Coast
    • View Profile
    • The Pet Medium
Jeanne, lol, you know I will. :) I want self publishers to know good things can happen just from getting your books out there. My agents are working on making me a hybrid within the next year.

In the meantime, I have one book to release before the end of August, another by October, and another I'll be releasing the paperback version of in the next couple of days.  I just did three interviews this last week, have another podcast booked, my website is being revamped, and lots of other good stuff is happening, so I'm staying busy personally, and work wise.

You go, girl! You sure are keeping busy. It will bring good things.  :)

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
The news about Old Fashioned (which was filmed way before FOSG, and was in development years ago),  has really gone international. Hopefully, all this publicity will lead to nice box office, which should push my angel project into pre-production faster.

Here are more news outlets that ran articles Yahoo ran one too, but I think it was the same as the Variety Mag. all though Yahoo has a reach in the billions:

Outlet: Breitbart
Reach: ~ 8 Million​ unique visits/month
Link: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/07/28/faith-based-romance-opens-50-shades

Outlet: Beliefnet
Reach: 9​ Million ​ unique visitors/month​, 14 mil newsletter subscribers
Link:  http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/faithmediaandculture/2014/07/coming-attractions-the-boy-from-baby-house-10-old-fashioned-and-the-latest-from-the-kendricks.html

Outlet: Viral Global News
Reach: Approx. 99, 090 unique visitors monthly
Link:http://www.viralglobalnews.com/entertainment/fifty-shades-god-old-fashioned-seeks-slay-grey/13500/

Outlet: IB Times.com
Reach: Approx. 11,060,790 unique visitors monthly
Link:http://www.ibtimes.com/religious-anti-fifty-shades-grey-movie-old-fashioned-gets-same-release-date-50-shades-1646206

Outlet: Gospel Herald
Reach: Approx. 201,600 unique visitors monthly
Link:http://www.gospelherald.com/articles/52065/20140731/christian-film-old-fashioned-set-compete-fifty-shades-grey-next-valentines.html

Outlet: Ace Showbiz
Reach: Approx. 1,623,990 unique visitors monthly
Link:http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00073476.html

Outlet: HNGN
Reach: Approx. 81,480 unique visitors monthly
Link:http://www.hngn.com/articles/37730/20140801/50-shades-grey-gets-religious-twist-godly-romance-movie-hopes.html

Outlet: Movie News Guide
Reach: Approx. 55,890 unique visitors monthly
Link:http://www.movienewsguide.com/valentines-day-2015-face-off-fifty-shades-of-grey-and-old-fashioned/24566
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif
Outlet: Jezebel.com
Reach: Approx. 4,742,670 unique visitors monthly
Link:http://jezebel.com/good-news-theres-a-christian-alternative-to-50-shades-1613683950

Outlet: Entertainmentwise
Reach: Approx. 927,120 unique visitors monthly
Link:http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/155347/SM-Vs-Chivalry-As-Fifty-Shades-Of-Grey-Gets-Box-Office-Competition-From-Faith-Film

Outlet: Independent.ie
Reach: ~​3,9  Million​ Unique Monthly Viewers
Link: http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/movies/movie-news/new-film-old-fashioned-is-50-shades-of-grey-for-christians-claims-its-creator-30471118.html

Outlet: ChristianCinema.com
Reach: ~250K Uniques/Month
Link: http://www.christiancinema.com/catalog/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=2930&src=rss

​Outlet: Breathecast.com
Link: http://www.breathecast.com/articles/fifty-shades-of-grey-challenged-by-faith-based-mov-18168/​

Outlet: JustLoveMovies.com
Link: http://justlovemovies.com/2014/07/28/indie-old-fashioned-sets-up-david-v-goliath-with-50-shades-in-theaters-valentines-day-2015/

Offline Someone

• View Profile
Lisa
Wanted to mention an article about Old Fashioned is on the front page of Yahoo right now; it's number 6 on the click through on the top of the home page. I saw it,  thought of you, and had to hunt for this thread to let you know. :)

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/fifty-shades-of-grey-to-be-challenged-by-faith-based-93502064282.html

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
Lisa
Wanted to mention an article about Old Fashioned is on the front page of Yahoo right now; it's number 6 on the click through on the top of the home page. I saw it,  thought of you, and had to hunt for this thread to let you know. :)

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/fifty-shades-of-grey-to-be-challenged-by-faith-based-93502064282.html

Thank you! :)  so much. :)

I'm waiting for them to release the OF movie trailer. It's such a great film. Elizabeth Roberts is so magnetic like Meg Ryan.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 07:34:41 PM by LisaGraceBooks »

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
The reason I've posted this in the Writers' Cafe is because I get questions from other authors on how my project is going, which is connected with OF as being in the line after OF. As this project OF moves ahead, so does mine.

Because others have in the past "questioned"  my project, producers, and agency, I just wanted to "share" the press outlets those here know of so they can see how this is influencing what happens with the angel series.

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
Movie trailer for Old Fashioned (by the producers of my Angel series)
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2014, 07:31:53 AM »
Movie trailer for Old Fashioned in theaters 2/14/15:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0ozDjAQco" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0ozDjAQco</a>
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=791119004268433&set=vb.160270767353263&type=2&theater

Offline JeanneM

• East Coast
    • View Profile
    • The Pet Medium
Re: MOVIE TRAILER (pg 2) of Old Fashioned (Producers of my angel books)
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2014, 06:17:20 PM »
That was a really great trailer. I hope it does well and now they can concentrate on yours. Can't wait for that one. :)

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2014, 06:20:35 PM »
That was a really great trailer. I hope it does well and now they can concentrate on yours. Can't wait for that one. :)

I love the film and can't wait to see it again on the big screen Valentine's Day.

Offline JeanneM

• East Coast
    • View Profile
    • The Pet Medium
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2014, 06:25:28 PM »

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2014, 05:56:52 AM »

Update:Just found out they signed a major distribution deal for the  DVDs through a company everyone has heard of.

Opening night will be February 13th, February 14th in select theaters across the US.
There is a fundraiser this Friday night for the Sunscreen Film Festival hosted by the St. Petersburg Clearwater Film Society this Saturday, December 6th.
Ticket information here:
http://sunscreen-filmfestival.ticketleap.com/old-fashioned-advance-screening/

Offline Lisa Grace

• Florida, USA
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • Lisa Grace
Re: (same post, diff. title) Old Fashioned movie releasing in 200+ theaters
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
Latest update: 12/11/14
Old Fashioned movie (by the people who are some of the producers of my angel series books which are next in their queue in movie dev.) is opening in 200+ theaters on the same weekend as 50 Shades.

To see if it is in a city near you check this list:
http://www.oldfashionedmovie.com/theaters

On a personal note: My family and I attended another advanced screening and were seated at a table with the film commissioner of St. Petersburg - Clearwater, Tom Armer, and one of the head Clearwater tourism officials. My first two books are set in Clearwater, so I'm hoping the state gov.'t will approve more credits at their meeting in April. 

What does this have to do with writing?
I think most authors want to see their books become movies, and getting approval from local officials,  film credits, and those involved in the film industry is another key step in a long process for quite a few projects that are not picked up by the major studios.