NetGalley

Author Topic: Have a Kindle Fire HD and a Kindle Fire HDX. How do I sync purchases between 2?  (Read 1153 times)  

Offline PIZ

• View Profile
The Kindle Fire HD is my son's.  The Kindle Fire HDX is mine.  BOTH are registered under me, so we can use the Amazon Prime when I get it.

I got some free and purchased games on my son's Fire HD.  I got some of the same and different free games + bought some other games on my Fire HDX.  I went into the settings and clicked on sync, but it didn't seem to do anything.  I can see in Cloud the games my son bought.

How do I get the games I bought on mine, onto his?  If he gets some kiddie games on his (from mine....for my little ones) will he be able to remove them from his Kindle Fire HD without removing them from mine?

I promise to get this figured out soon...Thanks for the help.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
As long as they're both registered to the same account you should be able to use all apps and read all books purchased on that account.

Realize, however, that some apps might not work on one or the other.

If you go to 'cloud' and sync everything compatible with that device should show up -- assuming a wifi connection, of course. :)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 06:01:59 AM by Ann in Arlington »

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline cinisajoy

• Texas
    • View Profile
The Kindle Fire HD is my son's.  The Kindle Fire HDX is mine.  BOTH are registered under me, so we can use the Amazon Prime when I get it.

I got some free and purchased games on my son's Fire HD.  I got some of the same and different free games + bought some other games on my Fire HDX.  I went into the settings and clicked on sync, but it didn't seem to do anything.  I can see in Cloud the games my son bought.

How do I get the games I bought on mine, onto his?  If he gets some kiddie games on his (from mine....for my little ones) will he be able to remove them from his Kindle Fire HD without removing them from mine?

Can you see them in the cloud on the Kindle Fire?   Just tap to download them to the fire if they are compatible.   
Are you new to the Kindle family?
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,216185.msg3013849.html#new

Please help our friend and fellow kboarder Craig Hansen.

Offline cinisajoy

• Texas
    • View Profile

On re-reading your question.   You have to download them to the device individually.   If your son deletes from his device, it will not affect your device at all.
To download an app to your device, go to Apps, make sure cloud is highlighted then click on the app you want.  You should see a small down arrow in the lower right hand corner if it is not downloaded.
Let me double check something.  I do believe that although it is the same game, your son's progress will not show up on your device.

I just doubled checked that with one of my apps.   Two different scores on two different devices.   
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 03:13:26 PM by cinisajoy »
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,216185.msg3013849.html#new

Please help our friend and fellow kboarder Craig Hansen.

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
As Cinasjoy says, you tap on the item in your cloud and it will download to your device.  As for game play, it depends on the game and on whether it is an Amazon Game Circle.  Some games are supposed to save your progress to Game Circle to be downloaded on other devices, but I haven't yet found one that actually does it.  It may depend on whether the game allows individual players to be set up.

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline PIZ

• View Profile
Yes I'm new to the kindle family.  Not sure how I did it, but I was in cloud on my sons kindle and I saw my games on there....did not see them b4.  Anyway some had checks which meant they were already on his...so I could pick which ones to give him.  That impressed me.  So far though I haven't been able to play on 'mine'....my 5 and 6 year old LOVE it.  Thanks for your help.

Offline PIZ

• View Profile
Ok I got them to sync, however my daughter played about 17 levels on where's my water on my kindle HDX.  Now my son got on his kindle fire Hd and those 17 levels show as played on his too.  Is there a setting to change so this doesn't happen?