Author Topic: Kindle Fire Collections  (Read 1986 times)  

Offline VydorScope

• USA
  • "Perseverance over skill, every time"-- V. Trigili
    • View Profile
    • My Novels
Kindle Fire Collections
« on: January 05, 2014, 06:19:56 PM »
Hey...

So I noticed I have collections now on my Kindle Fire, and created a couple - but from what I can tell they only live on that Kindle? The Kindle App on my Mac does not see them, nor does the Cloud Reader? Is that correct or did I goof?
Vincent 
"INDESCRIBABLY ALLURING" -- S.M. Reine
My Author Website | Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | My Deviant Art Gallery

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: Kindle Fire Collections
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 09:45:16 PM »
Only devices or apps that are Cloud collection capable will sync the Fire's collections.  Right now, I think that is only the Paperwhite and the iOS 6 and up devices.

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 05:08:04 AM »
Only devices or apps that are Cloud collection capable will sync the Fire's collections.  Right now, I think that is only the Paperwhite and the iOS 6 and up devices.

Betsy

Only HDX Fires and the PW'13 as far as kindles go -- as I understand.  So, not even the 2013 Fire HD, I think.  I have no knowledge of iThings, but my android phone did recently get an update for the kindle app and I think it includes collections that seem to work a lot like my HDX.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline VydorScope

• USA
    • View Profile
    • My Novels
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 06:42:01 AM »
Only HDX Fires and the PW'13 as far as kindles go -- as I understand.  So, not even the 2013 Fire HD, I think.  I have no knowledge of iThings, but my android phone did recently get an update for the kindle app and I think it includes collections that seem to work a lot like my HDX.

I have the 2013 Fire 7 HD and have collections.  8)

Seems silly that the Cloud version of Kindle does not support it.
Vincent 

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 07:23:24 AM »

Kindle for PC, I think has collections, but they don't sync with the "Cloud collections."  Don't know about the Kindle for Android device.

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline tsemple

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 02:15:05 PM »
Cloud Collections are currently implemented on Paperwhite 2, Fire HDX, Fire HD  2013, Kindle for iOS, and Kindle for Android with the latest respective updates.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Offline DawnAllDay

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 08:39:35 PM »
I have the Kindle app on my Galaxy Tab 2 and it recently got an update and now has all of the collections that I had previously made on my old Kindle.  They just magically appeared one day.  Want talk about a happy camper?!?!  I was SUPER EXCITED.  Still am!   ;D

Dawn

Offline tiggyrn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 01:23:29 AM »
I currently own a Kindle 3rd generation.   I am looking to upgrade.   I am thinking about buying a 16gb Kindle Fire HD 7" (the one that's $169 on amazon's site).    The thing that has been holding me back is the lack of the collections feature.   Am I understanding correctly that the Kindle Fire now offers "collections"?    :)

Offline VydorScope

• USA
    • View Profile
    • My Novels
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 03:38:33 AM »
I currently own a Kindle 3rd generation.   I am looking to upgrade.   I am thinking about buying a 16gb Kindle Fire HD 7" (the one that's $169 on amazon's site).    The thing that has been holding me back is the lack of the collections feature.   Am I understanding correctly that the Kindle Fire now offers "collections"?    :)

My 2013 Kindle Fire HD 7 has collections. :) My "previous generation" Kindle Fire HD 7 does not. :(

So as long as you get the current generation, you should have them.
Vincent 

Offline booklover888

• Near Loretto, PA
    • View Profile
    • Goodreads
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 07:55:11 AM »
I'm surprised at how nice the 2013 Fire HD is to read on. I just got the 8gb one off ebay to try it out. Now I want the 16gb. I'll wait til Amazon runs another $50 off sale. I haven't tried the collections on it yet, but I did see it as an option. I like the size of it so much better than my 2012 Fire HD. And the new OS is better, too.

Yes the books can be put into collections! The apps, too! Then you can view collections, which will only show the collections, or books, which only show the books. It's very nice!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:48:08 PM by booklover888 »

(Make your own reading bar)
My Devices - Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 6, Nexus 7.2, Kobo Glo & Glo HD

Offline Seamonkey

• Fountain Valley, CA
    • View Profile
    • TV Clubhouse
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 07:35:48 PM »
Thanks!!  This thread helped me to answer a question a friend had and while answering it I confirmed (before reading here) that my HD 8'9" from the ancient times of 2012 does not have the feature.  But my HDX does indeed have it and I've been adding books..  it did keep the collection names I had way back on my K3!

(Make your own reading bar)

SeaSnork on Words with Friends

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 05:38:56 AM »
Thanks!!  This thread helped me to answer a question a friend had and while answering it I confirmed (before reading here) that my HD 8'9" from the ancient times of 2012 does not have the feature.  But my HDX does indeed have it and I've been adding books..  it did keep the collection names I had way back on my K3!

Right!  It's actually 'cloud collections' and is a feature turned on last November for HDX Fires and PW'13s.  Works pretty well on the Fires.  Not as well implemented on the PWs.  But you can't use it on one with out using it on the other. :(

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac