Free Parenting Tips AppFree Parenting Tips App

Author Topic: Outlander - Starz - Season 3 September 10th  (Read 64237 times)  

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
    • etsy shop
Re: Outlander - Starz - August 9th
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2014, 12:58:27 PM »
I'll admit I have no clue what instagram is. I thought it was a photo site from what I heard, but is it like twitter than because of that "@" thingie? I barely have figured twitter out. I gave up trying to find anything on facebook.  :-\

Instagram is like twitter, but it is just photos with usually minimal captions... or very short (15 sec max) video clips... It is pretty easy to see if it is the real celeb's account, since a lot of the pics they post are "selfies"... It has become my favorite because it is so visual and I am a photographer ;)...

You have to have a smart phone, and you can down load the app, which is free. The App requires you set up an account to share (though you can also keep it private) and includes a camera & some pretty filters you can add along with other photo enhancing tools. Though you can also pull pics from your camera roll, so any photos you take can or have stored on your phone can be posted... I recommend not taking pics with the instagram camera, cause they will automatically get posted... better imo to be selective with what you share and how much you share... If you just want to follow others but not share you can do that and as mentioned above also make your account private... it is pretty easy once you get the hang of it... hope that helps!
Any one that wants can follow me @lararossignol
:D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:02:39 PM by Cuechick »
Find Fab Vintage in my Etsy Shop: Fresh Pie!

Online Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2014, 02:07:19 PM »
Only a smartphone? No website? I don't have a smartphone. Or I should say I use a first generation iphone (3 I think?) as a prepaid which means its got really really old software, only wifi and calls and I don't ever hook it up to itunes which I don't have installed. Plus the battery is so bad now that I have to keep the phone turned off and just check it once a week to make sure I didn't miss a call.  :-\. I tried taking pictures on it once and could not figure out how to get them off.

I am in desperate need of a phone and plan basically, but I still wouldn't use something that I could only use on a phone app. I have a tablet, Nexus and I don't use anything but reading apps and some tennis apps. I prefer to use my computer when doing most stuff relating to the interwebs.

I take horrible photos. Only have the nexus for it anyway, but I am just really bad at it. I can't even take a picture of a squirrel without blurriness. My cat is about the only thing I can get someone looking ok on them.

Plus, I rather have a root canal without numbing than have my picture taken so selfies are not and never will be in my present or future.  :P

So I can't check out Sam's instagram without an app? No way to get there with a computer?

Member since 11/20/2008 | Atunah's Romance Haus | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
    • etsy shop
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2014, 03:26:35 PM »
You can view it online here:http://instagram.com/samheughan

Online Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2014, 03:31:09 PM »
Thanks  ;D

Offline Harriet Schultz

• U.S.
    • View Profile
    • Harriet Schultz books
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2014, 10:48:04 AM »
You can view it online here:http://instagram.com/samheughan

Yes, thanks. What a treat :-D

Harriet Schultz

Online Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2014, 12:39:26 PM »

Offline cork_dork_mom

• I read therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2014, 01:37:33 PM »
I know it's all "my favorite part" but to date my REALLY favorite part is during a meal Claire is giving Jamie a hard time after she caught him kissing LegHair (that's how I hear her name now  :P). The kicking under the table and Claire's sauciness is awesome!

The smoldering looks between J & C set my TV on FIRE  ;D. I think Cat really owns Claire now. In the the 3 episodes there has been such a growth in her portrayal.

Sam's Jamie is perfect because so many of Jamie's qualities are like Sam's from what I've read - Sam is quite shy which is so sweet as Jamie. :). He seems very believable as a virgin fighting highlander.... IMHO.  ;D

If you're on Facebook there's a blog that's posted after each episode about a hubby that watches with his wife, but he has a running commentary during the show. She calls the blog "Blurtlander." It's HYSTERICAL!!!  :P :P 

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
    • etsy shop
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2014, 04:41:47 PM »
Yes, thanks. What a treat :-D

It appears he is very into fitness and eating "paleo" style... though he also eats sushi with the rice (not paleo) ... Which all makes sense with that body... my my he is bonnie ;)!

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
    • etsy shop
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2014, 09:48:47 PM »
Does anyone know who sings the opening song and if its available on iTunes?

Online Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake'

• Florida
  • Remembering Jeff and Harvey
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2014, 10:06:17 PM »
Does anyone know who sings the opening song and if its available on iTunes?

Rate Yarborough and it's available on Amazon. Probably itunes too. It's the Skye Boat Song.

Please visit my website to browse my virtual bookshelf.
Margaret Lake | website | twitter | youtube | facebook

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2014, 02:40:13 PM »
Just watched The Gathering. Oh, my. The expression on Sam's face before and after Je Suis Prest is exactly .... exactly .... exactly how I picture Jamie. How can he be so perfect? Thoroughly enjoyed the hockey scene with Dougal and Jamie. Again. Very Jamie.

I cried over Geordie even though I knew it was coming.

Did y'all see DG and Ronald Moore at the gathering?

I keep wondering how they get Colum's legs like that.

Offline readingril

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2014, 02:52:16 PM »
It's some kind of weird CG from what I read / saw/ heard somewhere... he is wearing multi colored socks.

I'm loving this show. I need a re-watch, I watched it really really early before work yesterday morning when I couldn't sleep.

Offline Lisa Scott

• Western New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2014, 05:25:59 PM »
Just watched The Gathering.  The expression on Sam's face before and after Je Suis Prest is exactly .... exactly .... exactly how I picture Jamie. How can he be so perfect?

My thoughts exactly. Cat is very much Claire, although I suppose she'll never be 100% Claire, because I always envisioned Claire looking like...me. :)  You know, for fantasy purposes.

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2014, 07:37:04 PM »
My thoughts exactly. Cat is very much Claire, although I suppose she'll never be 100% Claire, because I always envisioned Claire looking like...me. :)  You know, for fantasy purposes.

I know that fantasy, Lisa!!

I was watchng a vlog on youtube and the critic who'd actually visited the set, said she thought this was going to be some kind of cheesy production with bad acting. But she was surprised to find that Sam and Cat took their roles very seriously and tried to play them right.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzP1c-YkiU4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzP1c-YkiU4</a>

Online Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2014, 07:57:45 PM »
Just finished watching the episode. The scene with Jamie and the pledge to the Laird had me on the edge of my seat. That scene was just so well done with the tension.

The game cracked my husband up. I said its like Rugby and Hockey smashed with kickboxing. Ok, my smilies aren't working. I click and nothing happens.

Great episode. Lots happened. Can't wait for the next one.

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2014, 08:02:21 PM »
Just finished watching the episode. The scene with Jamie and the pledge to the Laird had me on the edge of my seat. That scene was just so well done with the tension.

The game cracked my husband up. I said its like Rugby and Hockey smashed with kickboxing. Ok, my smilies aren't working. I click and nothing happens.

Great episode. Lots happened. Can't wait for the next one.

The episodes go by so fast, don't they?

As I'm watching, I'm wondering how many people are seeing this without having read the books and how they are reacting to it.

Offline cork_dork_mom

• I read therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2014, 08:26:38 AM »
After each episode I scream "WTH?!?! That can't be it!!"  :P :P

Loved the oath taking! The tension! Even though the show is following the books I'm enjoying the series even more because there is new stuff added & changes made that make it really enjoyable as reading book for the first time. Oh how I'm loving it!!  :D :D :D

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2014, 10:02:32 AM »

Loved the oath taking! The tension! Even though the show is following the books I'm enjoying the series even more because there is new stuff added & changes made that make it really enjoyable as reading book for the first time. Oh how I'm loving it!!  :D :D :D

I know, I know!!! Every episode is better.

My daughter is DVR'ing it for me and when all eight episodes are done, I'm going to kick her out of the house for a full day while I watch and drool for eight solid hours. No. I can't kick her out. Someone has to bring me food.  ;)

Can't wait for the DVD's. I hope amazon gets it on instant video.

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
    • etsy shop
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2014, 10:13:40 AM »
Rate Yarborough and it's available on Amazon. Probably itunes too. It's the Skye Boat Song.

Thanks! Though it is actually "Bear Cleary" that sings it and I'm a little disappointed to see this one for sale on iTunes is so short! I was hoping for a longer version!
I did look up the history of the song, which is very interesting... it's actually about the escape of Prince Charlie... and this link includes the words to the Outlander version...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Skye_Boat_Song

It has been recorded many times including by Tom Jones!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:15:18 AM by Cuechick »

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2014, 10:21:34 AM »
Thanks! Though it is actually "Bear Cleary" that sings it and I'm a little disappointed to see this one for sale on iTunes is so short! I was hoping for a longer version!
I did look up the history of the song, which is very interesting... it's actually about the escape of Prince Charlie... and this link includes the words to the Outlander version...

Hmm, and Amazon is showing the poster of Claire reaching back toward Frank and forward toward Jamie as if it's the version used in the series.

Online Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »

Raya Yarbrough sings the song, she is Bear McCreary's wife. Bear does the music on the show and he did the music on Battlestar Gallactica and Caprica, among many others. The director of Outlander also did Battlestar so I guess he liked his music then.

There was a nice youtube of them both posted somewhere doing the Skye song, right before Outlander came out.
Here it is and its longer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAtcO0TTB2E
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:57:04 AM by Atunah »

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2014, 01:09:55 PM »
Raya Yarbrough sings the song, she is Bear McCreary's wife. Bear does the music on the show and he did the music on Battlestar Gallactica and Caprica, among many others. The director of Outlander also did Battlestar so I guess he liked his music then.

There was a nice youtube of them both posted somewhere doing the Skye song, right before Outlander came out.
Here it is and its longer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAtcO0TTB2E

Thanks, Atunah. Now I've got chills. Beautiful. The violin was haunting.

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
    • etsy shop
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2014, 02:40:32 PM »
Ok, now it all makes sense... I really hope they record that longer version for sale!! So pretty, I love the Outlander lyrics...

Offline cagnes

• Louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Bayou Cover Designs
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2014, 02:55:58 PM »

I fee the same way, it seems like the episode has just started & it's over before you know it! I'm saddened to think that we've already gone though four of the eight episodes of the 1st half of season one. After September 27th, no more Outlander until next year!  ??? I sure hope the 2nd half starts back up in January. I hate it when they split up a season in two & then wait nearly a year before airing the 2nd half. They did that with Breaking Bad.... it was pure torture!  :(

Christine | Member since 10/13/2009 | Goodreads | Bayou Cover Designs | Bayou Cover Designs on the KBoards Yellow Pages
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.  ― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Offline Harriet Schultz

• U.S.
    • View Profile
    • Harriet Schultz books
« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2014, 08:01:16 PM »
It's also great to see Outlander in the #1 position on the New York Times bestseller list. It's been there for two weeks which means that people who are watching the story on tv love it enough to buy the book...these are likely new readers and not Diana's longtime fans who already own all the books. And this week Dragonfly in Amber was at #7.

Starz has done an outstanding job with this series. Like others, the hour flies by and I find myself watching episodes over again. This is one of the best, or maybe THE best, adaptation of a book ever. The wedding will be one ep that I watch over and over!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 03:51:30 PM by Harriet Schultz »

Harriet Schultz