NetGalley

Author Topic: Time to Kindle Countdown pricing 'green light'  (Read 801 times)  

Offline 9thChapter

• Vancouver, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Darren T. Patrick | Author of the Rithhek Cage Trilogy
Time to Kindle Countdown pricing 'green light'
« on: January 29, 2014, 10:04:32 AM »
Today marks the first day of my Kindle Countdown Deal for 'The Peregrine Prophecy', however, I have not seen the price of the book drop from $2.99 to $0.99? I was wondering if others who've had experience with the Countdown have witnessed a lag between the start of the deal (on the KDP dashboard) and when the price is reflected in the Amazon store?

I co-ordinated advertising to begin tomorrow with all of the usual suspects, figuring that 24 hours was a good buffer to see the price drop.  Is it reasonable to assume that I'll see it adjust before Jan 30 rolls around?

Darren T. Patrick | author website | facebook | twitter | goodreads

Offline Monique

• California
    • View Profile
    • Written by Monique
Re: Time to Kindle Countdown pricing 'green light'
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 10:07:29 AM »
It's counting down now. I think you can't see it because you're in Canada?

Monique Martin | author website | facebook | twitter

Offline BTackitt

• Texas, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 10:08:27 AM »
it's $0.99 now.
"If man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty." ~Japanese Proverb
Screensaver Images: http://s684.photobucket.com/home/B_Tackitt/index

Offline 9thChapter

• Vancouver, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 10:17:48 AM »
I had no idea that geography played a role.  Thanks for that!

What's odd is that Amazon.co.uk shows the Countdown (with me viewing it from Canada) but Amazon.com does not. Is it country specific, then - even if I'm linking to the correct stores? Or is a timing thing?

Here's what I see:

Amazon.co.uk

Amazon.com

Offline 9thChapter

• Vancouver, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:30:41 AM »
Wow... this was quick.  Official response from Amazon... with action steps and escalation.  Yay!  Good news for us canucks :)

Hello,

Im sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced and Id love the opportunity to explain this for you.

I checked and can confirm that the Countdown promotion for your book "The Peregrine Prophecy" has started as scheduled in your KDP bookshelf and is currently in progress on our Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk Kindle Stores.

I checked with our technical team and it appears that network latency delayed the start of your promotion, a bit. But, I can assure you that this was small delay and theres nothing to be worried about this. The KCD promotion for your title is on and running successfully now.

Also, please be informed; as this promotion is only scheduled for our Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk Kindle Stores, theyll be available only for customers in the U.S. and U.K., a customer from Canada may not be able to see this on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk Kindle Store as for them the default marketplace is Amazon.ca and they should only browse or buy Kindle books on Amazon.ca Kindle Store. However, I can confirm that the customers from the U.S. and U.K. will be able to see this enabled promotion and purchase the title at the promotional price.

As youre from Canada, you're not be able to check the start of the KCD promotion in our Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk Kindle Store. I understand that this may be causing frustration and discontent. However, for your convenience, I'd go an extra mile and I've requested our leadership team to send you the screenshot of the countdown promotion that is correctly applied on our Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk Kindle Store for your title.

The email will be sent as an outbound mail from, "kdp-support@amazon.com". The screenshot will confirm you that the KCD promotion has started and is running successfully in our Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk Kindle Store.

I'd also take the inconvenience this has caused to you as a feedback and urge our business team to optimize our programs so that customers from other marketplaces can also view or buy them on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk and more emphasis made on starting the promotions on time.

I hope and believe that my email is helpful to you. Thanks for using Amazon KDP. Have a nice day!