Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.
KB Featured
Flight of the Tarantula Hawk
by Michael Allan Scott

$0.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-02-10
Bestseller ranking: 4698

Product Description
On the IndieReader Best Book list and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the second book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Dark, different, featuring a damaged psychic, this is one of those disturbing novels that keeps you guessing.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

Supernatural Murder Mystery - Realtor Carla Simon has her first showing in nearly eighteen months. Recovering from a nervous breakdown, she arrives at the bank-owned foreclosure well ahead of her prospect. When her buyer pins her against the wall, it turns out to be the last house she'll ever show.

Looking for a new breed of supernatural thrillers? Paranormal mysteries of murder and suspense? Perhaps a psychic detective series which can be read and enjoyed in any order? Or maybe one of t...

Author Topic: So, how do you handle a bad review?  (Read 4886 times)  

Offline Wayne Stinnett

• "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns."
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: So, how do you handle a bad review?
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2014, 03:39:57 PM »
Yeah, I took it down. Another review right after his was 5 star and said, "Enough action but not overdone." Then three more good reviews followed that. So, it's pretty much buried now.
NINC President-Elect, 2018. My Amazon Bestselling, eleven-volume Jesse McDermitt Series and the spinoff,  three-volume Charity Styles Series, also Amazon Bestsellers, are available in ebook, audiobook, and paperback, with many more exciting adventures to come. In my motivational non-fiction, Blue Collar to No Collar, I provide tips, advice, and strategies for new authors, and is also available in the same formats. Don't forget to visit the Ship's Store for Jesse McDermitt swag.
Semper Fi,
Wayne Stinnett | Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon Author Page | Motivational Videos | Down Island Press | Ship's Store Swag

Offline cinisajoy

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 03:41:39 PM »
Yeah, I took it down. Another review right after his was 5 star and said, "Enough action but not overdone." Then three more good reviews followed that. So, it's pretty much buried now.
Thank you.  This makes me feel better about you. 
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,216185.msg3013849.html#new

Please help our friend and fellow kboarder Craig Hansen.

Offline AmsterdamAssassin

• Amsterdam, The Netherlands
  • Fear is the little-death that brings obliteration
    • View Profile
    • Tao of Violence - Amsterdam Assassin Series
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2014, 01:17:19 AM »

Smart move, Wayne.

As I see it, if nobody pays attention to a negative review, it won't have much impact if the majority of the reviews are positive. If you get into an altercation with the reviewer, it could turn ugly and bring more attention to the review than warranted. The main difficulty lies in the author's desire to explain or defend themselves, but if your book is any good, it will weather the storm without your assistance.

"...most realistic depiction of a blind character I have come across..." -Amazon reviewer
Martyn V. Halm | author website | blog | facebook | twitter | google+

Offline DashaGLogan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2014, 12:01:38 PM »
It is everybody's right not to like a book for whatever reason. I feel terribly peeved sometimes, but what can I do? I'm about the only person in Germany who does not like potatoes.
Ok, i don't review potatoes but I'd always suggest to take the pasta.
You get the weirdest reviews but if your stuff is good, you will overcome.

Offline EB

• used to care
    • View Profile
    • E.B.'s website
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »
It is everybody's right not to like a book for whatever reason. I feel terribly peeved sometimes, but what can I do? I'm about the only person in Germany who does not like potatoes.
Ok, i don't review potatoes but I'd always suggest to take the pasta.
You get the weirdest reviews but if your stuff is good, you will overcome.

Good advice. And I will add that readers will police themselves. I noticed this over the last few days on a weird review. I stayed out of it & let the readers decide. Works for me.  ;)