KB Featured
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Price match to cached price. Should I be doing anything?  (Read 579 times)  

Offline valeriec80

• View Profile
    • V. J. Chambers, author
Price match to cached price. Should I be doing anything?
« on: February 06, 2014, 12:05:28 PM »
So, I waited until both Kobo and B&N had raised the price after my promo before raising the price on Amazon. Of course, they price-matched to $.99 anyway, even though no one has it at $.99. (This is for The Killing Moon, BTW.)

That was yesterday. It's still price-matched to $.99.

Should I do anything, or will this eventually work itself out? How long you think it'll take?

Thanks. :)

Offline Adam Poe

• Indianapolis
  • I wonder how many words you can put here before it
    • View Profile
Re: Price match to cached price. Should I be doing anything?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »
it definitely does no harm to contact KDP support and let them know it is no longer that price anywhere. At the worst they will say let it work itself out. At best they would correct it. Either way, no harm. :)

Offline valeriec80

• View Profile
    • V. J. Chambers, author
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 12:25:37 PM »
It took forever, but it finally changed.

I got so fed up that I changed the list price to $7.99 and picked the 35% royalty so that they were paying me the same royalty they would be if it was $3.99.

That went on for about six hours before it finally straightened up.

Offline Adam Poe

• Indianapolis
  • I wonder how many words you can put here before it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 12:27:17 PM »
It took forever, but it finally changed.

I got so fed up that I changed the list price to $7.99 and picked the 35% royalty so that they were paying me the same royalty they would be if it was $3.99.

That went on for about six hours before it finally straightened up.

lol, hooray!

Offline laceysilks

• View Profile
    • Lacey Silks - Erotic Romance Author
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 12:32:09 PM »
I have the same issue. I changed the price Friday at midnight after a bookbub promo, Saturday morning it was still at $0.99. I sent an email on Sat morning, they responded 6 hours later saying yes, they see it shouldn't be price matched and it will be corrected in a few hours.
Sunday morning I went into KDP and updated price to $2.99 again. No change. I sent them another email but haven't heard back yet. It's ridiculous! Soon Kobo or someone else will match Amazon's pricematch and then I'll be going around in circles!
Not too sure what else I can do at this point.