KB Featured Book
A Second Chance
by Marcia Whitaker

$7.99
Kindle Edition published 2017-08-30
Bestseller ranking: 264164

Product Description
What would you do if you got that once in a lifetime second chance to seize everything that was torn away from you and make it right?

Living in the foothills of the scenic Rocky Mountains, highly respected Neurosurgeon, Julian Cahill, appears to have it all. He’s handsome, compassionate, ambitious, and wealthy but one thing is missing…a woman to share his life. For eighteen years he has grieved the loss of his high school sweetheart, Amber Scott, who passed away just prior to the start of their senior year. Ready to give up on love all together, college freshman, Destiny Bradshaw walks into his life, astounding him with her beauty. A girl half his age, she intrigues him. His attraction to her is powerful, but he’s unable to make sense of it. Despite the age difference, Destiny is also drawn to him, but her overly-protective parents have their concerns and give her an ultimatum. Upon uncovering some life-altering details in conne...

Author Topic: Professional eBook and print cover designer for hire. [New Premades Added]  (Read 50510 times)  

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
Re: New Cover Designs :) Thoughts?
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2014, 01:10:39 PM »
Fresh off the press! Which one would you read first?

Professional, Fast, Affordable EBook/Book Cover Design & Ebook/Book Formatting Services
www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
Re: New Cover Designs! What do you think?
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2014, 11:01:33 AM »
Just finished up this one and am proud of how it turned out. What do you think?

Professional, Fast, Affordable EBook/Book Cover Design & Ebook/Book Formatting Services
www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline X. Aratare

• View Profile
    • Raythe Reign
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2014, 11:12:17 AM »
Just finished up this one and am proud of how it turned out. What do you think?

I'm just curious what level this one is of your packages.

I've signed up for one at the $149 level and the work ... well, the first versions produced (just in case people are wondering they send you 3 versions of a cover w/in a week) were not anywhere near this quality and not anywhere near the genre either (I wanted paranormal romance, gave instances of covers in the top 100 I liked and a summary of the book per their request, and I received what could best be described as something that might fit in the horror genre, would be unrecognizable as anything but a blue blob with a black background in a thumbnail and uninspiring times new roman font ...). While I'm waiting for a complete redo (I gave yet more examples of covers and your own work and images from shutterstock to help) and hope for the best, I'm a little dismayed that the cover I originally was presented with wasn't of this quality even if it was off the mark for genre.

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2014, 01:05:56 PM »
I'm just curious what level this one is of your packages.

Hi Catherine! Great to see you on Kboards. This one is a Dynamic package (same as yours).

Thank you for posting your feedback. I got your email yesterday and am currently working on your revised concept. Since we won't be using the first concepts that I sent you, I have attached them below so that authors on here can get an idea of what we are referring to. I definitely agree with you that the Romance/Sexy factor has to come through a little more for your concept. I guess I got carried away when I read your request of "Bare-chested man. He's a merman-type creature, but NOT sweet like the Little Mermaid or anything, but sort of scary and definitely sexy, so maybe gills or scales?" :)

Sidenote: The fonts in these are not Times New Roman, they are Footlight for the lighter concept and Trajan Pro for the black and blue ones (they are all serif fonts so can be easily confused) and Cactus Bold for the series title. I am excited to show you what I come up with next!

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline X. Aratare

• View Profile
    • Raythe Reign
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2014, 01:11:14 PM »
Hi Catherine! Great to see you on Kboards. This one is a Dynamic package (same as yours).

Thank you for posting your feedback. I got your email yesterday and am currently working on your revised concept. Since we won't be using the first concepts that I sent you, I have attached them below so that authors on here can get an idea of what we are referring to. I definitely agree with you that the Romance/Sexy factor has to come through a little more for your concept. I guess I got carried away when I read your request of "Bare-chested man. He's a merman-type creature, but NOT sweet like the Little Mermaid or anything, but sort of scary and definitely sexy, so maybe gills or scales?" :)

Sidenote: The fonts in these are not Times New Roman, they are Footlight for the lighter concept and Trajan Pro for the black and blue ones (they are all serif fonts so can be easily confused) and Cactus Bold for the series title. I am excited to show you what I come up with next!

I think your work in general is really spectacular.  That's why I hired you!  And as it seems my words mislead you, that's on me. I'm new to working with someone like you as I normally work with artists but this is for a m/f line that I want to differentiate and what I tell them did not translate for you.  Maybe this is a situation where authors will learn from my mistakes.

Anyways, I look forward to the redos and I sincerely believe that they will be more what I'm looking for, the genre and I'll be happy to have them shared here with my endorsement.

Offline John Ellsworth

• Southern California
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2014, 09:21:31 AM »
Love my new covers! Dane is extremely helpful and talented. He had no problems with making changes I asked for even after we were finished.  Thanks again!

John Ellsworth

** he made my first three on left, below

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »
Anyways, I look forward to the redos and I sincerely believe that they will be more what I'm looking for, the genre and I'll be happy to have them shared here with my endorsement.

Sounds great, Catherine!
Love my new covers! Dane is extremely helpful and talented. He had no problems with making changes I asked for even after we were finished.  Thanks again!

John Ellsworth

Thanks, John! It was great working on your series :D

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline X. Aratare

• View Profile
    • Raythe Reign
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
I can never figure out how to post images so I'll leave it to Dane to do it if he would like to show of the redone cover. But I posted above, because I wasn't really happy with what the first drafts of the cover had come out. I have never worked with a cover designer and I didn't know how to work with one (I work with artists that paint, which is way different). So the first one was a miscommunication between the two of us. But Dane took the criticism and completely redid the cover. There are NO similar elements and made a work of art!  It's exactly what I want, but more importantly it hits the genre squarely meaning people will KNOW its paranormal romance!  But its (I think ahem) more beautiful than a lot of the covers out there.

Anyways, I wanted people to know who are considering ebooklaunch that they are excellent, professional and helpful. I recommend them 100% and am having them do the rest of the books in the series.

Thank you, Dane!

Offline Silly Writer

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2014, 12:09:57 PM »

These are beautiful covers, especially the first one and the last one. I have to agree, I wouldn't know the genre...but very expertly done. Maybe with a few added elements of a particular genre these might still be sold.

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »
I can never figure out how to post images so I'll leave it to Dane to do it if he would like to show of the redone cover. But I posted above, because I wasn't really happy with what the first drafts of the cover had come out. I have never worked with a cover designer and I didn't know how to work with one (I work with artists that paint, which is way different). So the first one was a miscommunication between the two of us. But Dane took the criticism and completely redid the cover. There are NO similar elements and made a work of art!  It's exactly what I want, but more importantly it hits the genre squarely meaning people will KNOW its paranormal romance!  But its (I think ahem) more beautiful than a lot of the covers out there.

Anyways, I wanted people to know who are considering ebooklaunch that they are excellent, professional and helpful. I recommend them 100% and am having them do the rest of the books in the series.

Thank you, Dane!

Thanks Catherine! I have posted the new concept that was created for everyone to see :)

These are beautiful covers, especially the first one and the last one. I have to agree, I wouldn't know the genre...but very expertly done. Maybe with a few added elements of a particular genre these might still be sold.

Great idea! I will do that and put them in the Premade Gallery.

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2014, 10:44:08 AM »
Switching it up this week by showing one of our fantasy illustrations for Robert Ryan's Lore of the Letharn:

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline Rob Ryan

• Australia
    • View Profile
    • Home of High Fantasy
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2014, 03:18:54 PM »
The brief was to give me a cover that "instantly says epic fantasy."

You nailed it!

Robert Ryan: High fantasy. High stakes. High style.
Author Website | Home of High Fantasy

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2014, 03:00:26 PM »
The brief was to give me a cover that "instantly says epic fantasy."

You nailed it!

Thanks Rob! Looking forward to working with you again :)

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
Excited to receive two more gold stars from Joel Friedlander's October's Cover contest :D

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
Re: Book Cover Designs by Ebook Launch - Prices going up Jan 2015.
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2014, 02:59:10 PM »
Howdy Kboards Authors! Pricing for our custom cover design will be going up in Jan 2015. I thought I would let you guys know now in case you were thinking of getting a cover design from us :)

Pricing and portfolio can be viewed here: www.ebooklaunch.com/ebook-cover-design

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
Re: My New Book Cover Designs
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2014, 01:16:05 PM »
Here's something I don't design for everyday - a non-fiction series!

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2014, 10:44:47 AM »
Just finished up Book 1 of this series :)

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2014, 12:58:45 PM »
Just finished up a series of covers! Which one do you like best?

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline John Ellsworth

• Southern California
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
Just finished up a series of covers! Which one do you like best?

Dane, I want the picture of my abs back! That's four times now you've used it without coughing up a royalty.

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2014, 01:08:34 PM »
Dane, I want the picture of my abs back! That's four times now you've used it without coughing up a royalty.

Har Har John :P

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline Pauline Creeden

• Virginia
    • View Profile
    • Pauline Creeden
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2014, 01:21:41 PM »
Striking and dramatic covers! I <3 them!! Bookmarking your site :)

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »
Striking and dramatic covers! I <3 them!! Bookmarking your site :)

Thanks, Pauline!

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2014, 12:04:04 PM »
Excited to receive a Gold Star from The Book Designer in November's monthly cover contest!

Praise from Joel and his team for this series concept:

"Gorgeous detail and careful typography create a classic look, with a subtle but effective series brand."

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:41:48 AM by ebooklaunch »

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2014, 10:43:52 AM »
I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

If you are looking to get a cover designed (or redesigned) in 2015, I would love to be your designer!

Here is a recent example of a cover that I just completed:

For more info about pricing and portfolio, please visit: www.ebooklaunch.com/ebook-cover-design

Cheers,

Dane
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:25:43 PM by ebooklaunch »

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread

Offline ebooklaunch

• View Profile
    • Ebook Launch
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2015, 02:36:33 PM »
Happy New Year Kboarders!

I hope everyone has their writing resolutions dialed in :)

I wanted to share a recently completed Chick lit/Romance/Fantasy cover:

For more info about pricing and portfolio, please visit: www.ebooklaunch.com/ebook-cover-design

Cheers,

Dane

www.ebooklaunch.com
KBoards promo thread