Author Topic: Email font now super small (8.9 FireHD)  (Read 806 times)  

Offline photocat

• View Profile
Email font now super small (8.9 FireHD)
« on: June 15, 2014, 06:48:41 PM »
Hi All -  Looks like a recent update to the native email app on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 recently came out and the font got super small when composing an email -- incoming email was too small too but I was able to make that larger going into the settings.  I cannot find for the life of me find any way to increase the font size when writing / composing an email now.  While this is somewhat annoying to me, my stepmother (in her 70's) was very upset because it was much too small for her to see.

Anyway -- any ideas on how to increase the font for composing emails now?  I suspect this was an unintended consequence of some sort of upgrade but in case it wasn't ... help would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks!
Sue

Offline VydorScope

• USA
  • "Perseverance over skill, every time"-- V. Trigili
    • View Profile
    • My Novels
Re: Email font now super small (8.9 FireHD)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 04:36:08 AM »
I have not seen this behavior myself, nor have I read anyone that has, but have you tried a restart? That clears like 80-90% of all problems. Just press and hold the power button until it asks you about powering down, say yes and then let it power off. Once it has been completely off for like 30 seconds turn it back on and check your email fonts again.
Vincent 
"INDESCRIBABLY ALLURING" -- S.M. Reine
My Author Website | Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | My Deviant Art Gallery

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 05:50:45 AM »
It seems to me one of our members had this problem before with the HD...but I can't remember if it was ever resolved.  Or I could be misremembering.  Can you do the spread with your fingers to make the email you're writing on larger?  I'll see if I can find the other thread...it was awhile back. 

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Seamonkey

• Fountain Valley, CA
    • View Profile
    • TV Clubhouse
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 08:35:19 AM »
I don't notice a difference, but the display print is pretty small.  I also use the AOL email app..

I checked last night and I can use the finger spread for READING email but it doesn't seem to work while creating a new email.

(Make your own reading bar)

SeaSnork on Words with Friends

Offline photocat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 06:44:19 PM »
Hi Folks - Thought I'd pass along an update (thanks to those who replied!)  I contacted Amazon and they confirmed it was an error in a recent update that was pushed out and they are working on correcting it.  Here is part of their reply to me:

I've checked and confirm that this is a known issue and many customers have contacted us regarding the same issue. We have already escalated this issue to our Kindle technical team and they're actively working on the same to resolve this issue soon.

Further, I would like to inform you that we're rolling out an app update to Kindle Fire HD that will resolve this issue.

Please know that this situation was the result of a combination of technical and human errors, and that in no way did we intend for this to happen.