KB Featured Book
The Mind of a Medium
by Tony Garrod

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2017-01-29
Bestseller ranking: 1655883

Product Description
A fascinating look at consciousness, mediumship, psychics, spritualist circles, scientific theories, the paranormal and more.

As a developing medium, there are many questions we need answers to concerning our ability, but find that many of those questions have no answers no matter how hard we look.

In this book I describe different sides to becoming a medium and give some guidance as to what sort of circle may best suit an individual. I explain how different circle venues and the people who attend and run them can help or hinder progress in this field. I also explain the different techniques that various tutors use and discuss the experiences I've had with the mediums, tutors and lessons I've taken in the circles I've attended. I explain how connections are experienced, made and lost, and the ups and downs to connections made.

If you've read my first book, Fifty-one Percent, you will know that I like ...

Author Topic: 15,000 books in two months, 32,000 books first year. Advice for newbies!  (Read 69620 times)  

Offline Andie

• View Profile
Thanks for sharing your experience. It's always helpful to see what has worked for others.

Online Geoff North

• Manitoba, Canada
    • View Profile
    • GeoffNorth
Great post, Annie, and very timely considering the '15 sales dream' thread going on. This is the kind of stuff writers like that (including me) need to see to keep encouraged and working hard. By the way, yours covers and author name are awesome!

Horror/Science Fiction Writer
Geoff North | website | facebook | twitter

Offline zanahart

• View Profile
Wow, this is really inspiring! My first novel did pretty well, my second one didn't ride that wave like I hoped it would. I'm going to finish my 3rd one (about half done now) before going for permafree. I could feel my energy level and enthusiasm rising as I read your first post here!

Offline fictionwriter

• Florida
  • Carolyn Chambers Clark
    • View Profile
    • Books, Ebooks, Kindlebooks
Re: 15,000 books in two months, 32,000 books first year.
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 03:07:21 PM »
 :Congrats! That's terrific!! ;D

A couple of questions:
1.  What's the difference between permafree and free?

2.  Who does your covers?

3.  Do you only write romance?

4. I started self-publishing in 2011, and got the write, write, write idea totally wrong. I was writing in many genres, not one as is the key, many with a co-author, although I do have quite a few young adult titles (that run the gamut from paranormal to contemporary; none with the same characters) or my mysteries (which run from forensic/gritty to cozy/humorous). Is it too late to use Book Bub and should I focus on the young adult titles, my mysteries, or my three romances? none of which have the same characters in them?

Thanks much for any insight you can provide.

Again, congrats! and thanks for sharing.

http://www.amazon.com/Carolyn-Chambers-Clark/e/B000APFWWQ/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1404943341&sr=1-2-ent
FREE giveaways of these and other e-books at [url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044XV94K?tag=kbsig-20]

Offline Write.Dream.Repeat.

• Pro Book Design That Sells
    • View Profile
    • Write Dream Repeat Book Design
Awesome success! Congratulations :)

Ebook formatting starting at $30.00. Print typesetting starting at $55.00.
Colleen Sheehan | Write Dream Repeat Book Design

Offline Heather Hamilton-Senter

• View Profile
Congrats, congrats, congrats! And thank you for sharing - I know it feels risky, but I'm so grateful to all the kboarders who have volunteered this kind of information. I've learned so much and it's inspiring!

Offline anniejocoby

• View Profile
:Congrats! That's terrific!! ;D

A couple of questions:
1.  What's the difference between permafree and free?

2.  Who does your covers?

3.  Do you only write romance?

4. I started self-publishing in 2011, and got the write, write, write idea totally wrong. I was writing in many genres, not one as is the key, many with a co-author, although I do have quite a few young adult titles (that run the gamut from paranormal to contemporary; none with the same characters) or my mysteries (which run from forensic/gritty to cozy/humorous). Is it too late to use Book Bub and should I focus on the young adult titles, my mysteries, or my three romances? none of which have the same characters in them?

Thanks much for any insight you can provide.

Again, congrats! and thanks for sharing.

http://www.amazon.com/Carolyn-Chambers-Clark/e/B000APFWWQ/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1404943341&sr=1-2-ent

Thanks everyone for your encouragement!  You guys ALL rock!

Fiction writer, so glad you asked about my covers, because I forgot to give a shout out to the amazing Viola Estrella who does all my covers. She's amazing, fast,  and only $100 a cover!  Love her!  And, yes, I stick to erom. Not that it's my first choice - given a chance to read anything at all, I'll read thrillers and fantasy like Dean Koontz. But, as Willie Sutton said when asked why he robs banks and he said "That's where the money is," it's the same with romance. It sells, the fans are voracious, and they're relatively easy to write. So that's why i write romance! :)

Two dollars! Two dollars! I want my two dollars!!!
Annie Jocoby website

Offline Kay Marie

• View Profile
Thanks for this thread! I so needed to see this and I got a ton of inspiration from the information you provided! Thanks again! You rock!!!!!! :)

Offline R.V. Doon

• Alabama
    • View Profile
    • rvdoon.com
Annie,

Great story to share. Bookmarked!

R.V. Doon | Website | Twitter | Facebook

Offline SevenDays

• PNW
  • Imagine something cool and witty here.
    • View Profile
Hooooooray! Many congratulations!

And it's not bragging (although I get what you're saying, because I'm the same way).

Alex A. King | Website

Offline LBrent

• NY
    • View Profile
Annie, posts like this are awesomeness to read.

Congratulations and thank you!

:)

Stupid auto correct turned posts into posers.   :(
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:28:26 PM by LBrent »

Offline AnthonyJMelchiorri

• View Profile
    • anthonyjmelchiorri.com
Thanks so much for posting this! As a new author, it's great to see this as another unique road map that led to someone's success. Congrats and best of luck as you continue writing!

Anthony J Melchiorri | website | facebook

• Ontario, Canada
  • I should probably be writing...
    • View Profile
I can't seem to get over the permafree hurdle. I have the first books of two serials free at Apple and All Romance. I've reported the price several times, and I sent an email to the 'zon to ask them to price match. Nothing. :( I just keep writing.

I think you would have much better luck with price matching to nook or google play.

Joliedupre

Y
Yep! I cannot say enough good things about Freebooksy!!!!! I should buy stock in their company! :)

By the way, Anne posted a nice testimonial for Freebooksy here:

http://freebooksy.com/testimonials

Offline Becca Mills

• U.S.
    • View Profile
    • The Active Voice
Congratulations, Annie, and thank you for sharing your advice! Food stamps to $24,000/month. d*mn, that's just about as good as it gets. Good for you! :)

Offline Twizzlers

• View Profile
I have a question about the interrelated stories.

Currently I'm writing everything under the "Bucklin Wolves" banner.

Basically there is one large overarching story for these characters.

But then I'm writing individual three part serials under that banner focusing on different characters in each serial as they move forward towards resolution of the overarching story.

Would you make the first part of each serial permafree or just the very first one set in that world?

Offline anniejocoby

• View Profile
I have a question about the interrelated stories.

Currently I'm writing everything under the "Bucklin Wolves" banner.

Basically there is one large overarching story for these characters.

But then I'm writing individual three part serials under that banner focusing on different characters in each serial as they move forward towards resolution of the overarching story.

Would you make the first part of each serial permafree or just the very first one set in that world?

I would make each part of the serial permafree. At least, that's basically what I did with Beautiful Illusions and Broken. They are two series, distinct in their own way, so each gets their own permafree. I tried it the other way - basically hoping that my Illusions fans might be inspired enough to actually pay for Broken, which bridges the two series together, but they really didn't. But when it went permafree, it caught fire. So, yeah, one permafree for each series. :)

Oh, and thanks Jolie, for posting that link! I really do love that service. Great success whenever I used them! :)

Annie Jocoby website

Offline David Pandolfe

• View Profile
    • my blog
Thanks, Anne, for posting this! Im both new to KBoards and was just mulling over how to go about reaching new readers as I prepare to publish book 2 in a series next month. Nice timing to come across your informative post. Continued good luck!!

David Pandolfe | blog | newsletter | Facebook | Google +

Offline wtvr

• North Aurora, IL
  • whatev
    • View Profile
It is so inspiring to hear this sort of story!! I was just sitting here wondering if it was worth it to finish the third book in my series... Ha! Thanks for the encouragement!

Best of luck and continued success!

Offline Silly Writer

• View Profile
Annie,
Thanks so much for sharing. Success couldn't have happened to a nicer person! You deserve it!

Also, I wanted to let you know, if you are at the book page for your very first book in your sig, which I believe is your first book...and you click on the author name to see other books written by you, it only shows the first two books in this series. It's missing all your other books  :o
Now, if you start with the first book in the 2nd series, and click on the author name, all of your books are shown. So your first funnel book isn't giving you its full potential (although I'd love to be where you are). It appears to be a 'Zon glitch. I know many people won't start a series until they see at least three by the author, so this could be holding you back from some readers.

Crack the whip, girl! They're losing you sales!

So happy for you. You rock!

Offline CJArcher

• View Profile
    • CJ Archer
Congratulations on your success, Annie.
TRY FOR FREE 

C.J. Archer: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Tumblr

Offline C.P-Bukowski

• Author
    • View Profile
    • Blurbvana
Congrats and awesome story, thanks for sharing Annie. :) It's definitely beautiful to hear of success stories like yours. To your continued forward momentum!

Warmest
C

Offline anniejocoby

• View Profile
Annie,
Thanks so much for sharing. Success couldn't have happened to a nicer person! You deserve it!

Also, I wanted to let you know, if you are at the book page for your very first book in your sig, which I believe is your first book...and you click on the author name to see other books written by you, it only shows the first two books in this series. It's missing all your other books  :o
Now, if you start with the first book in the 2nd series, and click on the author name, all of your books are shown. So your first funnel book isn't giving you its full potential (although I'd love to be where you are). It appears to be a 'Zon glitch. I know many people won't start a series until they see at least three by the author, so this could be holding you back from some readers.

Crack the whip, girl! They're losing you sales!

So happy for you. You rock!

Thanks LL! And thanks so much for the headsup - I need to fix that. Oops! I think it's because I was too lazy to update my author profile on the Zon. Tsk, tsk...:)

Annie Jocoby website

Offline Silly Writer

• View Profile
And your new cover in your avatar is absolutely beautiful! Is this your next series?

Offline anniejocoby

• View Profile
And your new cover in your avatar is absolutely beautiful! Is this your next series?

Thanks! I do LOVE that cover myself - it's by far my favorite! Viola Estrella. She's amazing!!!! That's going to be the first book of my next series, like you asked. So excited to finally have that up and running. :)

Annie Jocoby website