Author Topic: Resolved  (Read 1810 times)  

Offline Bbates024

• Phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Free The Blizz
Re: Deep breath
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 06:25:13 AM »
I really think it is important to have a professional check your work, but if you are a professional at something then by all means takle it yourself.

I would never tell an artist to have someone else make their covers, I might asl them to grab some second opinions on text and layout, but they normally would have a whole network of people they can work with.

I would probably suggest someone that edited their own work hire at least a proof reader just for a second set of eyes.

That's just me though I'm not perfect, I make a ton of mistakes. I kind of like what Robert J Crane does having two editors. I'm sure it helps with his final product. Maybe I can afford that when I sell a million books :-)

Anyways if you can do the work do it, if you can't don't, never be afraid to get a second opinion or to hire out to a professional. Make sure the person you hire can actually accomplish what you want.

Also I see a lot of writers talk about stuff they outsource to save time, Sometimes even if you can format yourself if it takes you a day would that day be better spent writing if it cost you 60 bucks to get it formatted. If it takes you a month to edit would that time be better spent writing even though editing cost you 1200 bucks. It just depends on what you are comfortable with and what you can afford.

Offline R. M. Webb

• View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2015, 06:37:57 AM »
I'm pretty sure your way rocks ;)  As soon as I get these health issues ironed out, I'm going to channel my inner Amanda Lee ;)

I've been dead set on channeling an Annie Bellet/Amanda M.  Lee combo for the last month or so. You two totally inspire me!

R. M. Webb | Blog

Offline Jim Johnson

• Alexandria, VA
  • Storyteller and Cat Minion
    • View Profile
    • Ineti Press
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2015, 06:39:36 AM »
I've been dead set on channeling an Annie Bellet/Amanda M.  Lee combo for the last month or so. You two totally inspire me!

I'm waiting for my condo sale to go to closing so that I can do the same thing. :D We'll all just have to storm the new releases lists this fall. :)