Author Topic: Memorial Day Weekend Erotica/ERom Promo-5/25-28 Ready to roll out in GDPR shadow  (Read 263 times)  

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
    • Lynda Belle's Blog/Website
Greetings everyone. It's time to start the Memorial Day Weekend thread. This promo will be beach and summer themed. So, looking for titles that are good summer reads.

You can have 1-3 titles, and the prices should be either FREE or $0.99. It's good to have a free title and/or a title at $0.99. You're looking to give people a sample to try, so they'll hunger for more and go through your catalog of other titles.

I will have priority listings which will guarantee you in the list and a place in the ad banner. This will now have a price of $5 per author name. I know some people have a couple author names, and it will be $5 per name. If you opt for this, I'll send you the info in a PM, with Paypal being used as payment option.

I will still be taking listings that will be for FREE, but they will be after the priority listings in the master list. Plus, cover won't be included in the ad banner.

And if the start date looks familiar, yup, Friday 5/25 is the deadline for GDPR and the start of the Memorial Day weekend as well. So, it's going to be an interesting promo. I hope everyone is not having too much travel getting their newsletter lists sorted for GDPR. If you are having a prob, you could always PM if you are interested in the promo and are having trouble. But keep in mind, if you are using a newsletter service like Mailchimp, they have instructions to follow and fields to add to your sign up form to help you be compliant. I use Mailchimp, so I can help out with that. But I suggest, read all the info your newsletter service provides. I found it helpful with mine.

**If you do promos and deals, add into your privacy disclosure that they will receive discounts and freebies from other authors.  ;D The important thing is that you let people know how their data you're storing is going to be used.

Here's the info:
Promo Dates: May 25-28 (4 days)
1-3 titles set to $0.99 or Free

Need from author:
Title of books on sale, your pen name, genre of book(s), link to book

Why promote with other authors?
It is more cost effective. You're not paying a third party website $70. You're sharing the opportunity to have your link go out on fellow erotica author lists, and they are doing the same. Plus, followers on your blog and newsletter will appreciate the deals and love to discover new authors. On my newsletter stats, the erotica deals are still have higher opens than other campaigns.

Everyone that has done these with me before is welcomed back, and new erotica or erotic romance authors, here's your chance to get on board with a promo. I take about 10-12 authors. But, I will take priority sign-ups over free sign-ups. If the spaces fill up with priority authors, there won't be FREE spaces available.

Please PM with your info. You can also post you're interested on the thread, but remember, Kboards doesn't allow links to erotica books anymore. ;-(

For a look at previous promos, here's a link to last months February Promo:
https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,259998.0.html

And here is the Christmas Promo thread:
https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,258560.0.html

When the promo starts: ***Info is sent out a week before, and then everyone sends out the info list of authors/titles names/links to everyone on their blog list and newsletter list. As the promo runs, track stats for sales and traffic at blog to share on promo thread. It's great to see how everyone is doing.

So, that's it. Please PM or post on thread if interested. Thank you for all the support over the last 2 years of running these promos. I look forward to working with many of you for years to come.

-Lynda
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:23:05 PM by lyndabelle »

Lynda Belle | Website | Amazon Author Page

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Just giving this a quick bump. This is totally still happening, and I'm in and out on the board right now since I'm at the Romantic Times Convention this week. So, please feel free to post if interested on this thread, send a PM, and I will get back to you.
-Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Okay folks. I'm home from the Romantic Times conference, and getting caught up. I've added the names that have signed up. I still have free and Priority listing slots left. Please post to thread or send me a PM. I'll be getting the banner ready by Thursday. ;-)
-Lynda

Offline AmandaLutterman

• Kentucky
    • View Profile
Wishing you guys a great promo!

Paranormal Romance
Amanda Lutterman | BLOG | FACEBOOK | GOODREADS | IG | TWITTER

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Wishing you guys a great promo!
Thank you Amanda. I'm on my last round of taking sign-ups if you'd like to join up.  ;)

And just a thought to throw out there, as we near the GDPR deadline. I'm sending off a last round of profile update reminders including the fact this promo is coming up on Friday. If people don't update their profiles, they will miss out on the upcoming promo.

I'm working on the banner today. I should have it up on my blog in a few hours, and will put it up if anyone in the promo wants to use it in GDPR updates/upcoming events to encourage people to stay on their lists.

Authors Officially IN:
1)   Lynda Belle
2)   Jacinta Laurenti
3)   Cordova Skye
4)   Pandorra
5)     Marilyn Vix

***AND official LAST CALL to sign up! I've got some free listings left, and if you sign up within the next hour, a few priority listings. Just let me know. ;-)
-Lynda
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:15:20 PM by lyndabelle »

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Okay, I've got the banner up with the "Coming Soon" post for the promo on my blog. Participating authors are welcome to use the banner to alert your newsletter sign-ups that it will be starting Friday. I'm alerting my newsletters and letting them know to update their profiles to receive the information in time. It might help people see what they might be missing with the GDPR law coming into affect on Friday. If any participating authors have questions, send me a PM.

**If you'd still like to sign up, I've got a few FREE LISTING spaces left. ;-)
-Lynda

Blog Post for Memorial Day Weekend Promo Banner:
https://lyndabelle.com/2018/05/23/coming-this-friday-erotica-and-erom-deals-for-memorial-day-weekend/

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
So, have everything organized and ready to go. My lists are all scheduled with the new GDPR compliant updated profiles. I've lost 800 members on one list, but have had 80% of the other, my main list for Lynda Belle, re-opt in and update their profiles. I think this is due to two years of sending out consistent erotica deals and freebies to the people on my list. So, I feel I've just culled out one list, and been validated by the other.

**Holding breath as the clock ticks midnight over seas, and the new GDPR regulations start***

Then, I'm in California too. So, it's time for dinner here. Been a long afternoon.

But to end on a good note, I'd like to welcome a new author to the promo.

Laney Powell
, with her new erotic romantic suspense released today. This makes the participating list of authors to be:

Authors Participating:

1)   Lynda Belle
2)   Jacinta Laurenti
3)   Cordova Skye
4)   Pandorra
5)   Marilyn Vix
6)   Laney Powell

I'm looking forward to a fabulous promo since I'm taking all of my titles out of KU. This will be the last one that I'll be using KU for. So, it will be interesting to see how it all falls out, and all as GDPR starts.  :P