Author Topic: KBoards Yellow Pages: a directory of author services (kboards.com/yp)  (Read 404427 times)  

Offline atelierdroeven

• View Profile
Re: KBoards Yellow Pages: a directory of author services (kboards.com/yp)
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2017, 10:29:46 PM »
Thank you! I added my services!

Offline Jewel Hart

• California
    • View Profile
    • Chick Lit Cafe
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2017, 06:10:49 PM »
Hello, My name is Jewel hart. Thank you for the opportunity to list my services in your yellow pages.
I own and operate the website Chick Lit Cafe~Bookstagram
Great Reads For Avid Readers. We Do Powerful Engaging Book Reviews. We Do Expert Marketing and Social Media Promotion.
Readers Love Our Website. We Connect Readers with Great Authors.
Visit Us http://www.chicklitcafe.com
Jewel Hart

Offline katylight

• View Profile
    • Katy Light - writer and editor
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2018, 06:35:25 AM »
I have updated my profile (finally!!) and added my new website - www.editsbykaty.com

Thank you!

Offline LeVar Ravel

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2018, 04:00:22 AM »
Hi KBoards,

While perusing your great Yellow Pages for Cover Artists this week, I found some entries with outdated website links.

I don't know how many of these artists might have just forgotten to update their entries, or if they've left the industry. For instance, I notice that Tom Edwards Concepts is in business on another site, and he posted on KBoards recently, but his website link here is defunct.

The following entries all had defunct websites when I checked:

Blue Bull Book Design 
Book Design & Editing
Covercrafters
Crow's Nest Covers
Glopear Book Cover Design
Jamie Winchester Design
JP Mackey
Mona Hanna Designs
Night Owls Designs
Original Art Covers
Original Book Design
Quest Design
Rebecca Swift Artwork
Spineless Design
The Creative Hum
Tom Edwards Concepts
Whimsical Wrapping

The following entries take you to blogs that don't appear to have been updated in years:

Indie-spired Design
Libbie Grant Book Cover Design

StarBookCovers' website has a notice that claims, "No longer available for cover design work."

Also, you'll notice there are some artist websites like jeffbrowngraphics.com and yogjoshi.com that have multiple, redundant entries in the Yellow Pages.

Offline TnT Plot Outlines

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2018, 08:51:28 PM »
I hope I'm doing this right--creating a thread to link to for the Yellow Pages listing?

I'm a USA Today bestselling author. My partner and I offer full premade and custom plot outlines in the following genres:

Romance (all varieties*)
[*Historical romances with a Western setting, Highlands, Colonial America, post-Civil War, Victorian, or Regency-era. I don't know enough about topics like Ancient Rome or Ancient Greece to write those.]
Fantasy (all varieties)
Science Fiction (all varieties)
Postapocalyptic and/or Dystopian
YA fiction in the above categories
Women's Fiction and Chick Lit
Erotica

We don't do:
Straight mysteries
Psychological thrillers
Horror
Nonfiction

Outlines:
Outlines include character descriptions, motivations, personality traits, and various tidbits, along with an outline broken down by chapter. I'll also include a blurb if you'd like at no extra charge. Outlines are priced according to the expected length of the book you can create with them.

Price: $200-$300 per outline, depending on the genre, niche, length, and complexity.

We also plot series! We can start with one and add more if your series is successful, or we can do the whole series at one time.

Typical turnaround time is less than a week (usually way less) for custom outlines.

Premade plots are sold as-is. Custom plots offer limited revisions, and you will need to fill out a form before we begin:

https://goo.gl/forms/FJqHDjBFDbUCgM4k1

You will be billed for 1/2 the cost of custom plots in advance. I email the completed outline to you before receiving the final installment. The second half is due upon your receipt of the outline/the day I email it to you.

Offline 29pilgrimsediting

• View Profile
    • 20 Pilgrims Editorial Services
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2018, 02:39:13 PM »
Hello all! New to KBoards and hoping to catch some new clients or help any authors out with any questions. I've heard that KBoards is great resource for networking and learning, so here I am!

I am a freelance copyeditor and proofreader. I can offer my services for everything from copyediting fiction novels, to formatting and layout for your novel, to aiding in publishing industry navigation, to proofreading business cards or emails.

My email is 29pilgrimsediting@gmail.com and my website is 29pilgrims.com. Head on over for more information!

Thank you all!
Let a nerd polish your words!

Professional, affordable, and thorough editing services. For your free quote or for more information, head on over to 29pilgrims.com or email me at 29pilgrimsediting@gmail.com.

Offline HollyDA

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2018, 02:24:03 PM »
Just throwing in my hat.
Specialty: Developmental/big picture

Evil Eye Editing is a professional editing resource for writers of all genres. It is the online home of Fiction Editor Holly Atkinson. That'd be me, your host.

I have worked with numerous authors in a professional capacity, including New York Times and USA Today best sellers. My editing style falls under the "firm but fair" heading. I prefer to nurture where possible to encourage author growth, and believe in maintaining a fun environment. That said, I'm not afraid of the red pen of death, and will use it without mercy if needed.

Most importantly, I am a proponent of maintaining your author voice. The book is yours, and it should still sound like it's yours by the time we complete the editing process.

Evil Eye Editing operates on the philosophy that the relationship between editor and author should be collaborative and educational. We have the same goals -- that is, we all want the book to succeed.

Questions? Feel free to drop me a line at evileyeediting@gmail.com.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 02:25:50 PM by HollyDA »

Offline hkeditor

• Toronto, Canada
    • View Profile
    • hkeditor
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2018, 05:35:00 PM »
Hello! I've just joined KBoards after learning it's a great place to make new connections with fellow book lovers.

I would like to offer my copy editing and proofreading services for any independent authors in the forum. I currently have slots available in my schedule, and I would love to fill them with KBoards authors! You can check out my post in the Writers' Cafe or my listing on the Yellow Pages board for more information about my services and the special rates I'm offering KBoarders.

Thanks for welcoming me into your forum. I look forward to getting to know everyone!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 09:05:24 PM by hkeditor »
I edit the words, not the writer.

Heather Kohlmann
copy editor, proofreader, researcher

For your free sample edit, go to www.hkeditor.com or email me at heather@hkeditor.com.

Offline DonovanCopyEditor

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2018, 06:04:40 PM »
Proofreading + Copy Editing + Book Titles + Research

Hi, I'm Donovan and I can help you fix all those pesky typos, run-on sentences, confusing phrases and other potential "oops" moments in your book that make readers cringe. I also help authors come up with titles they (and their readers) love.

I'm a professional copywriter (client list includes Forbes Magazine, authors, start-ups, life and business coaches, tech companies and many more).

I don't offend easily and am versatile (non-fiction, fiction, multiple genres). Let's talk! Free 1000-word proofread for new clients.

And, of course, I love to read.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:25:46 PM by DonovanCopyEditor »