Author Topic: KBoards Yellow Pages: a directory of author services (kboards.com/yp)  (Read 377405 times)  

Offline Aurora_Smith

• London, UK
    • View Profile
    • Translation Services
Re: KBoards Yellow Pages: a directory of author services (kboards.com/yp)
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2016, 01:44:00 AM »
 :) Thank you for an opportunity) I adore your website)
Regards

Offline seampublishing

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2016, 03:42:20 PM »
Ebook formatting and print layout design
You've spent weeks, months, years writing your book. You spent hundreds if not thousands on editing and a book cover. But what do most authors do after that? They upload their Word file straight to KDP or download a template for a print book to copy and paste into and call it a day. What's wrong with this?
Well, for your ebook, Word to Kindle by automatic software conversion can produce broken formatting, unsupported characters turning into those blocks with upside down question marks in them, and hundreds of lines of junk code that costs you $$$ when Amazon deducts their download fees.
For print, there are hundreds of decisions that go into layout from font (nothing screams "self-published" to readers and reviewers like Size 12 Times New Roman), to margins, to things that Word processing software can't even do, like adjust spacing between letters and individual lines to ensure that you aren't left with widowed or orphaned text and still have every page begin and end with exactly the same margins.
Luckily, there is another option. I can take your manuscript and format it for print or ebook to make it look like anything the Big 5 are able to produce. This isn't some Fiverr gig where your book gets minutes of attention. Don't let interior design be the limiting factor on the success of your book.
Rates:
$5 per book plus a per word fee of $.003 for first 25,000 words and $.002 after that for ebooks
$25 per book plus a per finished page fee of $5.

Offline M. Wayne Miller Illustration

• NC, United States
    • View Profile
    • M. Wayne Miller - Illustrator
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2016, 08:56:21 AM »
M. Wayne Miller Illustration

Fantasy, science fiction, horror, and YA are my illustrative specialties. Cover art made to order. Let's talk shop!

Offline williammeikle

• Strong the force is...
    • View Profile
    • William Meikle
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2016, 10:30:24 AM »
M. Wayne Miller Illustration

Fantasy, science fiction, horror, and YA are my illustrative specialties. Cover art made to order. Let's talk shop!

I can vouch for Wayne - he's the real deal and has done work on many covers (and interior illustrations) for my books... check out BERSERKER and THE ISLAND OF TERROR in my sig for examples...

"One of the premier storytellers of our time" - FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND
William Meikle | Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Newsletter

• NC, United States
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2016, 09:21:06 AM »
I can vouch for Wayne - he's the real deal and has done work on many covers (and interior illustrations) for my books... check out BERSERKER and THE ISLAND OF TERROR in my sig for examples...

Thank you for the endorsement, Willie!

• NC, United States
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2016, 06:23:57 PM »
Kelly,

sorry, I've just seen this; thanks for letting us know.  I'll take a look and remove the one without the banner.  I'm not sure if there's a glitch or not, but we'll look into it!

Betsy

Hi Betsy, I have had the same issue with my addition to the yellow pages. I have three listings, but only the one with the banner should be active. Thank you for looking into this!

Offline ShayneMachova

• View Profile
    • Machovi Creative on Facebook
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2016, 02:07:26 PM »
Hi established and aspiring authors!

I just wanted to drop you a quick email to introduce myself. My name is Shayne of Machovi Creative, a new novel formatting design company.

As I'm building my formatting portfolio, I'm extending an invitation to design your next eBook project for free! I'd really just love the opportunity to work on new, creative projects!

You can find some examples of my previous design work here: http://facebook.com/machoviprods

Send me a direct email to machoviprods@gmail.com if you're interested in one free eBook format / design. Of course, I also do covers, print formatting, trailers, press releases, and more.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to chatting,  :D
--
Shayne
Machovi Creative | Book Marketing & Design
Giving your stories character

Offline VirginiaMcClain

• View Profile
    • Rain on a Summer's Afternoon
I'd like to post my cover design and formatting services in the Yellow Pages, but I am unclear on exactly where to start a discussion thread to link back to. Do I start it here in the Writer's Cafe in general or somewhere else. I do not want to post it in the wrong spot and incur the wrath of mods, or anyone else. Please let me know where the appropriate place is. Thank you very much! (Hopefully this isn't just me being clueless because it's 3am.) :-)

Virginia McClain | Blog | Website

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
I'd like to post my cover design and formatting services in the Yellow Pages, but I am unclear on exactly where to start a discussion thread to link back to. Do I start it here in the Writer's Cafe in general or somewhere else. I do not want to post it in the wrong spot and incur the wrath of mods, or anyone else. Please let me know where the appropriate place is. Thank you very much! (Hopefully this isn't just me being clueless because it's 3am.) :-)

Virginia--

Welcome to KBoards! 

You'll want to start your vendor discussion thread in the Writers' Cafe--and then we'll welcome it and you'll be off and running!

Thanks for asking--have a great day!

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline VirginiaMcClain

• View Profile
    • Rain on a Summer's Afternoon
Virginia--

Welcome to KBoards! 

You'll want to start your vendor discussion thread in the Writers' Cafe--and then we'll welcome it and you'll be off and running!

Thanks for asking--have a great day!

Betsy

Thank you, Betsy! I will get right on that then. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. :-)

Virginia McClain | Blog | Website

Offline BetaProofReader

• View Profile
    • Beta/Proofreader
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2016, 02:35:14 AM »
This is great! Never knew such a directory existed.

Question: I offer 2 similar services that tie in with each other (beta reading and proofreading) and also file conversion and formatting.

Can I add both services separately, or is there a way to combine them?

Thanks a lot,

Dave

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2016, 11:35:43 AM »
This is great! Never knew such a directory existed.

Question: I offer 2 similar services that tie in with each other (beta reading and proofreading) and also file conversion and formatting.

Can I add both services separately, or is there a way to combine them?

Thanks a lot,

Dave

Dave,

Glad you found us!

If you want to have the different services available in the pre-determine search categories, you'll have to create an entry for each service.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask here or to PM me.

Betsy
KB Mod

Offline Joie

• Pacific Northwest, USA
  • Fantasy/Sci-fi? I'm the editor you're looking for.
    • View Profile
    • Sound Copy Editing
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »
New to KBoards here! What a great service!
Josephine Hao, Freelance Developmental and Copy Editor

Online Betsy the Quilter

• Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2016, 06:51:10 PM »
Welcome to KBoards, Joie!

Betsy

Offline MaryNWI

• View Profile
    • New Writers Interface
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2016, 09:24:04 AM »
I'm new here...to the Yellow Pages and Cafe at least.  Great resource for my client authors! I send them all here. 

New Writers Interface:  Editing, Promotion, and endless support.
I do have a strong newsletter and blog about current publishing and promotion issues and tips.  And it's free! http://www.newwritersinterface.com/

Offline thefictionaleditor

• View Profile
    • The Fictional Editor
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2016, 11:03:17 PM »
Hello all,

My name is Guy and I'm offering my story editing services to the KBoards readership.

My fiancee (Jennifer) and I work together to provide quality editing and fast service to writers.  We work with you as a "team partner" to strengthen your writing so you provide your readership the most polished story possible.  We provide two sets of fresh eyes and native English speaking backgrounds.

Here is a link to my website (with prices): http://thefictionaleditor.com/

We offer free writing samples to make sure we are a good fit for each other.

We are open-minded with various genres and look forward to working with you.  :)

- Guy
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 10:33:20 PM by thefictionaleditor »

Offline PTG

• View Profile
    • Product Testing Group
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2016, 08:20:35 AM »
Hello authors!

We are a product review site bringing sellers and reviewers (we call them testers) together and wed love for you to join us. Weve recently expanded our categories to include books of every genre. Honest and unbiased reviews from over 1,200 active members; never paid in any way, shape, or form.

Membership is only $25/mo. This is a great opportunity to help promote a new release or to re-introduce your previous work! Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

-Shawn, Co-Founder

Offline SerenityEditing

• View Profile
    • Serenity Editing Services
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2016, 12:28:38 PM »
Hi there!  I recently added my services to the Yellow Pages. Then I updated it with a new banner; when I did, it seemed to create a second listing for me. I now see my listing twice, once with the banner, once without. I've noticed a few people's services listed multiple times, as well. Is this just a glitch when we update our listing? Thanks!

Kelly,

sorry, I've just seen this; thanks for letting us know.  I'll take a look and remove the one without the banner.  I'm not sure if there's a glitch or not, but we'll look into it!

Betsy

Betsy,
Just wanted to mention that it did the same for me just recently. I'm not sure if I may have clicked something incorrectly (later updates did not create a second listing, only that first one). I waited a bit to see if it would go away on its own, as it seemed to have shown up, but it didn't. I've manually deleted the second listing but thought I'd let y'all know just in case.

--e
Serenity Editing Services - KBoards Yellow Pages

FREE Sample - Top-Notch Editing and Proofreading Services
serenityeditingservices.com/

Offline eevalancaster

• Philippines
  • Book Designer, Author, Editor, The Book Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Eeva Lancaster's Desk
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2016, 12:11:35 AM »
We can help you self publish high quality books... the affordable way.
Check us out for all your publishing needs.

www.thebookkhaleesi.com

Book Designer, Author, Editor, Publicist
Eeva Lancaster | Eeva Lancaster\'s Desk | Facebook | Google+ | Goodreads | Twitter | The Book Khaleesi | Portfolio

Offline Jack_St

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2016, 02:58:12 PM »
This has to be a stupid question, so I apologize in advance, but on the yellow pages sign up sheet, what goes in the "Forum Thread" field? I have a forum thread?? How do I find it? Cheers, Jack

Offline SerenityEditing

• View Profile
    • Serenity Editing Services
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2016, 04:31:55 PM »
This has to be a stupid question, so I apologize in advance, but on the yellow pages sign up sheet, what goes in the "Forum Thread" field? I have a forum thread?? How do I find it? Cheers, Jack

Hi Jack -
Go to the main Writers' Cafe board (http://www.kboards.com/index.php/board,60.0.html), and on the mid righthand side (just above the listing of all the individual posts) click on 'New Topic.' Then create a thread there about whatever service you're offering.

Browse some of the other threads (look for titles that seem to be offering services) if you need inspiration for what to say there. I sure needed some! I'm not good at selling myself. (c: 

Once you've got your "advertisement" written up, hit 'Post.' That will create your personal forum thread; then copy its URL and paste it into the 'Forum Thread' field.

Good luck, and welcome!
Serenity Editing Services - KBoards Yellow Pages

FREE Sample - Top-Notch Editing and Proofreading Services
serenityeditingservices.com/

Offline AristellaStarDesigns

• View Profile
    • Aristella Star Designs
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2016, 07:29:03 AM »
Hello, everyone! I've been lurking the forums of erotica/romance writing for quite some time and have finally decided to offer my graphic design services. I make premade covers that can be purchased directly from my website. (http://www.aristellastardesigns.com/)

Feel free to drop by and check us out. I'll be following up shortly with my thread and yellow page advertisement. Thank you!  ;D

• NC, United States
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2017, 10:48:48 AM »
Welcome to 2017, folks! I now have a website through Squarespace, with lots of new work on display. Please take a look! Additionally, I am ready to take on new projects, so lets get the party started!

Thanks so much!

http://www.mwaynemiller.com

Offline Richard Stephens

• Ithica, NY
  • Author, Publisher, Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Richard Stephens
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2017, 10:08:14 AM »
You've done it!
You poured your heart and soul into your work and now your ready for the world to see it. But is it really ready to be seen? And how will your readers find it in todays flooded book market?
We offer everything the indie writer needs to self publish their work: Editing, Formatting, and Book cover design for print and ebook. We will walk you through the maze of amazon services including CreateSpace and KDP.

My Service on the KBoards Yellow Pages
Author of Romantic-mysteries novels and Noir-detective short stories, all with a humorous narrative twist. And the occasional children's book.
Pirate Tales (Salty Tails Mystery)

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline DesireeDeOrto

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2017, 05:20:12 PM »
Hey everyone!

I'm Desiree and I'm a graphic designer that focuses on mixing digital art with stock photos to create one of a kind imagery that not only attracts readers but helps your book stand out from the crowd.

You can email me at desireedeortodesigns@gmail.com or visit my Facebook page at http://facebook.com/desireedeortoartist to see if I'm a good match for you and your work!