Author Topic: Kindle Voyage Cover  (Read 88824 times)  

Offline Speaker-To-Animals

• View Profile
Re: Kindle Voyage Cover
« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2014, 07:58:26 AM »
Thanks for the Fintie review. Just ordered one. I could live with the origami, but...

Offline CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2014, 08:11:38 AM »

K2US v2.5.7 / 2x(One is SO)K3 White 3G/Wi-Fi + Oberon Bold Celtic in Black / 2x PW2 3G W/O / Voyage 3G W/O / PW3 3G W/O / Oasis 3g W/O

Offline MsBea

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2014, 08:13:55 AM »
They are probably reviews for the Paperwhite

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2014, 08:26:39 AM »
The OMOTON looks nice. I need to wait until I get the 2 I have on order now and compare it to the one I've already received. If I don't like any of them, I'll give this one a try.

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2014, 08:33:22 AM »
Just got a notification that the Acase I ordered has shipped. It was due by Nov. 10th. before the notice. Now it says it "Shipped Expected delivery: Friday, December 5, 2014 - Monday, December 22, 2014 by 8pm ".  ??? I wonder what they are using to deliver it? It is being shipped with USPS. I have heard of snail mail but that is a little ridiculous.  ::)

Offline MsBea

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2014, 08:54:25 AM »
 Maybe the postal carrier is driving it to your house?  :P

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2014, 08:56:51 AM »
Maybe the postal carrier is driving it to your house?  :P

He must be crawling.

Offline bordercollielady

• Westminster, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2014, 08:58:24 AM »
Here is my Voyage in my new Oberon Cover:

Edited to shrink image to accommodate those using mobile devices or older monitors. Thanks for understanding. --Betsy
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:20:32 AM by Betsy the Quilter »

Offline Cobbie

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2014, 09:19:32 AM »
Bordercollielady, very pretty. I like the elastic corners over the plastic ones. They were difficult to use. With all this talk of Oberons I'm beginning to feel the pull towards them again. I especially like the larger border when they are open and folded back. Thanks for the picture.

Offline Patricia

• Northwestern New Jersey
  • Enjoy Today...It will not come again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 07, 2014, 09:32:32 AM »
Very pretty, bordercollielady!  I thought the straps were always elastic.  Did they change them at some point?

Is the light sensor unaffected by the straps?

Offline bordercollielady

• Westminster, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2014, 10:16:57 AM »
Very pretty, bordercollielady!  I thought the straps were always elastic.  Did they change them at some point?

Is the light sensor unaffected by the straps?

The straps on my K3 Oberon are leather.. so not sure when they changed it.  The elastic is easier to stretch out.
And the light sensor is to the upper left of the left strap so it shouldn't interfere.  I can see if you aren't careful and that strap slips, it could cover it,
but not unless you seriously move it up.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2014, 10:19:21 AM »
How can a product that will not be released until Nov 10. Have over 2000 reviews?

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk HD

Those reviews are for the PW version cover from this company.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2014, 12:31:30 PM »
Here is my Voyage in my new Oberon Cover:

Very Nice!!   Cannot wait for mine now ;)   Grats bordercollielady :)

Edited to shrink image to accommodate those using mobile devices or older monitors. Thanks for understanding. --Betsy
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:22:06 AM by CAR »

K2US v2.5.7 / 2x(One is SO)K3 White 3G/Wi-Fi + Oberon Bold Celtic in Black / 2x PW2 3G W/O / Voyage 3G W/O / PW3 3G W/O / Oasis 3g W/O

Offline bordercollielady

• Westminster, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2014, 12:54:47 PM »
And is the page turn sensor sensitivity the same, or did you have to adjust it?

I didn't find any difference in the sensitivity.. the page turn buttons are completely unobstructed.  The only thing that might change - is - given I plan to push the button with the same hand I use to hold the cover, my hand may not have as much downward strength as when I used two hands.. but so far - I am not finding that to be the case.

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2014, 04:55:43 AM »
After the discovery (see earlier in this thread) that in the UK the ForeFront covers that were supposedly dispatched last week aren't even released yet - which is why the delivery date is a month away - I decided to try a Fintie case.

They were supposed to be released here on 10th November and I ordered one on the 5th. Despite the release date of the 10th, I received an email to it was dispatched on the 6th by FedEx. However, once again the delivery date is estimated for the end of the month and the tracking number in my email is, according to FedEx, invalid. It would seem they're listing goods as dispatched when in reality they haven't even got them yet to discourage you from going elsewhere.

At this point, I think the only seller in the UK who actually has real Voyage cases which are genuinely available now is Amazon themselves. I can't order from Amazon US as I get a message along the lines of  'this item can't be dispatched to your address'.

I'm not a fan of this somewhat underhand practice but I'm just going to have grit my teeth and wait for the ForeFront and Fintie covers I already ordered to arrive. If I like them I'll probably keep both as it'll be nice to have two different colours. I'll still have spent less that the cost of one Amazon plastic origami thingy and I'll have covers in the style I like.

I'm grumpy now - patience is not my strong suit.  :(

"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Member since 03/17/2010 | (make your own reading bar) |
My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Offline CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2014, 12:49:50 PM »
Well Oberon shipped my cover and I should get it Monday  :D   But I will probably not open it until December 9, when I get the Voyage.  But I will be sure to post pictures and comments then.  I think the combination of the Oberon cover with the Voyage will be a great fit for me  ;D

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:22:56 AM by CAR »

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 08, 2014, 01:54:47 PM »
Well Oberon shipped my cover and I should get it Monday  :D   But I will probably not open it until December 9, when I get the Voyage.  But I will be sure to post pictures and comments then.  I think the combination of the Oberon cover with the Voyage will be a great fit for me  ;D

Sure. Right. We believe you. ;D

(Seriously, though, you should check it to be sure it's not been damaged in shipping! ;) )

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline ellenoc

• Colorado
  • Mystery and romance
    • View Profile
    • Ellen O'Connell
« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2014, 03:12:46 PM »
I'm grumpy now - patience is not my strong suit.  :(

You and me both. I've never gone through this before. Thinking back I realize a cover came with the K1, I ordered the Amazon cover for both my KK and PW1 and got the covers before the device. The KK cover was the one with hinges that kept causing the Kindle to do strange things, but it was a neat thing. In the end I got a refund for it and they let me keep it. I ripped the fastening stuff out of both the Amazon K1 cover and the KK cover and now my KK is velcroed into the K1 cover and my Kobo is velcroed into the KK cover.

I used the Amazon PW cover for my PW1 a long time. Loved the fit, hated the weight. When I needed a fliptop cover, I got a Poetic and used that ever after. Much cheaper construction, but very light and wonderful stand.

So now here I am. I ordered the Amazon origami cover in desperation to have something, but it's going back as soon as I get the Flintie I ordered when the Amazon wasn't good enough. The Flintie isn't my preferred fliptop, but I can put the Voyage in the old Poetic cover when I need it to stand up to transcribe notes. In the meantime I have a new Poetic ordered for the Voyage, but it may be months if ever when I see it. If it shows up or if someone else comes up with a fliptop with auto-wake.... Well, as my mother used to say, "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."

I think it's all Amazon's fault for not giving the 3d party vendors demo models of new Kindles so they can design covers in time. That may force us to get Amazon's overpriced covers, but I bet they get a tsunami of returns every time.

Offline CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2014, 03:19:20 PM »

Sure. Right. We believe you. ;D

(Seriously, though, you should check it to be sure it's not been damaged in shipping! ;) )

Ann you are a mind reader lol. 

Offline Marie Long

• "Falling in love is a beautiful struggle..."
    • View Profile
    • Marie Long, Romance Author
« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2014, 06:01:19 AM »
How does the Oberron covers work for the Voyage?? Because the power button is on the back of the device. So how do you turn the device on or wake it up from sleep mode without taking it out of the cover?

My Vera cover seems useless for the Voyage because I can't wake it up from sleep mode without taking it out of the cover and pressing the power button in the back. It's very inconvenient...

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2014, 06:05:52 AM »
How does the Oberron covers work for the Voyage?? Because the power button is on the back of the device. So how do you turn the device on or wake it up from sleep mode without taking it out of the cover?

My Vera cover seems useless for the Voyage because I can't wake it up from sleep mode without taking it out of the cover and pressing the power button in the back. It's very inconvenient...

Apparently, they're putting a magnet in the appropriate spot of the front cover so the auto wake/sleep works.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2014, 06:24:08 AM »
I also bought the Fintie cover and don't really care for it.  The navy color WAS navy, not the teal color on my screen.  I have a Fintie cover for my Paperwhite and I like it so much better than this one.  This one just seems cheap.

Thanks for sharing this...I was concerned about that.
Sorry, here's the link

OMOTON Kindle Voyage Smart Case Cover -- The Thinnest and Lightest PU leather Case Cover for the Latest Amazon Kindle Voyage with 6" Display and Built-in Light, Black

Thanks for this...like some of the options...hmmm....  Although the options I like the best are not yet available for the Voyage.

Bordercollielady--like the quilt behind your covered Voyage!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:34:53 AM by Betsy the Quilter »
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline bordercollielady

• Westminster, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2014, 08:02:54 AM »
Bordercollielady--like the quilt behind your covered Voyage!

Thanks Betsy!  I needed some bright color in my life!!

Offline CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2014, 08:30:11 AM »

Yes as Ann also said,  they have the auto wake feature.   But also from what I understand,  because they use high grade marine elastic straps.  You can also reach the power button with your finger, without removing the Voyage from the cover, if needed.