Author Topic: Kindle Voyage Cover  (Read 89680 times)  

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
Re: Kindle Voyage Cover
« Reply #375 on: May 13, 2015, 07:28:04 AM »
I still haven't found a case that I really like for my Voyage.  I ordered the Fintie SmartShell Case and then cancelled the order after it took forever to even figure out when it was going to ship.

I then tried an Omoton case with a map design that was really pretty, but it had a bad habit of waking/sleeping while in my purse because when I opened it up, I would be somewhere other than where I left it. 

Next up was a MoKo case.  I've had good luck with MoKo cases on my tablet so I had high hopes for this one.  It has a purple floral pattern and the inside shell is white with a light gray inside cover.  The inside cover started to look dirty after a while and then the shell started to crack, so it was time to move on again. 

My latest is an ACcase origami case that opens from the side but folds into a stand.  That's a nice gimmick, but I am back to the page changes when the Kindle is in my bag.  If I have to go out to the home screen every time I stop reading, I am totally negating the benefit of the smart case...

I am starting to think that I will be going back to a case that does NOT do the sleep/wake and just push the button when needed.  After all, I did that for several years with my early devices.  I think the last time that I bought this many cases for a single Kindle was when I had my K2.  I am still finding old K2 cases squirreled away.

ETA - Heck! I totally forgot the Incipio cover that I purchased first and sent back because it was too heavy and just felt weird...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:22:58 AM by Andra »

Offline kschles

• Laurel, Maryland
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 16, 2015, 01:57:45 PM »
I had the ACcase origami, and didn't like it because I had the same problem you experienced...pages seemed to jump around when the case was closed. I ended up getting a regular ACcase and really like it. Feels like real leather, even though it's not. Very comfortable to hold, and the auto off/on has been working perfectly. HOWEVER, I just saw the thread started by Tiiggeerrific which states she's had two ACcases that have both split. Checked mine and it seems OK, but hard to recommend the ACcase after reading that.

Saw some mention a while back that Amazon would eventually come out with a book style case for the Voyage. Was quite awhile ago, so doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'd throw a lot of money at someone who came out with a nice slim leather case that had a working auto on/off feature.
Ken

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 16, 2015, 03:56:07 PM »
I've said this before, but, for my Voyage, I have a Fintie:

It was around $13 I think when I got it -- up to $17 or so now. Different styles might be priced differently but that's the exact one I have and I really like it. Fits well, auto on/off works great, looks classy, doesn't add a lot of weight.  It's probably my favorite cover I've ever had for any kindle ever.

What they need to do is let you pick the word you want on it and it would be PERFECT. :D

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 18, 2015, 05:18:45 AM »
Well, I went ahead and ordered (again) the Fintie SmartShell case. Hopefully they can get one shipped to me in a reasonable amount of time this time around.  Part of me is really going to be annoyed if this ends up being the correct cover because if I had been willing to be more patient at the beginning, then I would only have had to purchase one cover...  But a bigger part of me will be thrilled (I hope).

Offline kschles

• Laurel, Maryland
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 19, 2015, 08:50:09 AM »
I had a Pad and Quill case for my Paperwhite, which I really liked. I sent the following email to P&Q this morning:

"Probably know the answer already, but was hoping you would come out with a cover for the Kindle Voyage. I had one for my paperwhite, and really liked it. Seems like a lot of higher end case manufacturers have skipped the Voyage. Is it the button on the back that's an issue? I read the Kindle Boards forum regularly, and quite a few folks aren't happy with their cover selections.

Just wondering."

Just got the following response from P&Q:

"I'm sorry.. but at this time, no plans for a case for the Kindle Voyage.. due to the shape of the model as well as the power button being on the back side.. it isn't a good fit for our case design
Thank you for reaching out!

Jill Heath
Pad and Quill Customer Service"

As I suspected. I love my Voyage, except for the lack of available higher end cases.
Ken

Offline Brownskins

• Dallas, Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 20, 2015, 07:51:20 AM »
Chiming in here.  I gave away my Voyage to my dad since I did not like it.  He had a couple of specific requests for a cover:
1.  Light-weight
2.  Has a back stand
3.  Opens like a book
4.  Can do auto-on/off but also provide access to back button
5.  Has a hand grip

Choices were limited but found one from Tuff-Luv UK which meets all of the above needs.  Only available in black and red.

Feedback:  He is very satisfied with his case.  Personally, I still like Oberons, but he hates those and find them too heavy.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 01:30:33 PM by Brownskins »
Train rides + Kindle reads = Win!
2017-to-date: 4
2017 Target: 60

A few of my thoughts and reviews are posted here:  https://simplyctrocks.blogspot.com/

Offline tiggeerrific

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 21, 2015, 07:10:13 AM »
Andra did you get you finitie case yet? Wondering how you like it and what color did you get

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 21, 2015, 09:07:34 AM »
Andra did you get you finitie case yet? Wondering how you like it and what color did you get

It came in yesterday.  It is very lightweight, fits the Voyage well, and allows access to the power button on the back.  So far, the auto on/off is working and I have not had any random page turns when it's in my bag.  The case is a little difficult to open from the side, but that's not a big deal at all.
It should be no surprise that I ordered the purple case :)  It's a nice shade and the inner cover is a darker gray (grey) so it won't show dirt as quickly.
It's a little too soon to tell, but I have started looking at skins instead of cases, so I may have found a keeper.

Yes, Ann, you can say "I told you so."

Offline tiggeerrific

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 21, 2015, 11:46:46 AM »
I went and ordered one going to give it a try. i wish amazon made the same case the paperwhite case

Offline luvmykindle3

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 25, 2015, 05:33:17 AM »
I don't have a case on mine, I keep it in a padded zippered pouch when I'm not using it.
Haven't seen a case that I really like and prefer reading on it without a case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 25, 2015, 08:08:09 AM »
I have been mostly reading my Voyage out of the cover. I do have a Fintie and I got it because its very easy to remove the Voyage from it. So during the day I take it out, at night, or if I sit on the balcony, I put it back in. I just don't find book style covers very comfortable reading and I did put some elastics on to get some kind of hand strap, but its just not quite right. I bought a really cheap cover with a back strap and its so narrow, my fingers don't reach far into it so I can't use that one either.

Marware used to make great covers with backstrap that was wide enough to get my fingers in.

I just like how light the Voyage is and I can hold it with one hand like my basic button kindle because of that. Its why I wanted my buttons back. I can't read one handed with no buttons. I can't move my thumb into the screen without dropping the device. That was my issue with the paperwhite.

So nekkid it is.  ;D. I actually took the covers off all my devices, fire, nexus. Phone still has it for obvious reasons.

Member since 11/20/2008  | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline Lursa (aka 9MMare)

• Outside Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 29, 2015, 12:22:05 PM »
So I've had my Voyager a couple of months now and I am kind of disappointed. The form is not as balanced as the previous Touch and PWs. They went smaller, but not as well balanced and it's actually more difficult to hold for me.

I got into the habit of just keeping my PW1 in a sleeve and reading it 'naked.' Loved it. But it's just not that comfortable with the V, it's noticeably different.

So I am looking for a very lightweight cover, preferably one that opens easel style, and after reading your posts, one that does not have the auto-on magnet.

Suggestions? Looks dont matter much, prefer very lightweight. And cheap....it would have to be the perfect cover for me to spend $40.

Thanks.

Offline avidreaders

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 04, 2015, 09:52:28 AM »
I found a bison leather cover that I really like.  Soft and flexible and very easy to hold in your hand while reading.  They are made in Virginia at a local buffalo farm.  I love holding an old style genuine (not patent leather) leather covered Kindle...feels like an old book.  Combines the new and the old very nicely.  http://www.cibolafarms.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51_58&products_id=170

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 27, 2015, 05:41:38 PM »
It came in yesterday.  It is very lightweight, fits the Voyage well, and allows access to the power button on the back.  So far, the auto on/off is working and I have not had any random page turns when it's in my bag.  The case is a little difficult to open from the side, but that's not a big deal at all.
It should be no surprise that I ordered the purple case :)  It's a nice shade and the inner cover is a darker gray (grey) so it won't show dirt as quickly.
It's a little too soon to tell, but I have started looking at skins instead of cases, so I may have found a keeper.

Yes, Ann, you can say "I told you so."

Andra, I own that case in purple and I am quite pleased with it! ;D

Offline rlkubi

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 10, 2015, 06:43:22 AM »
I've been looking for a good Voyage cover with a stand that doesn't open vertically - and of course with pretty colors.  Anyone found one like this?

Offline Lursa (aka 9MMare)

• Outside Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 19, 2015, 01:10:38 AM »
So after several months of using an Incipio case on my Voyage, I am still not comfortable. It's too heavy.

As I wrote previously, I liked reading my PW 'naked' very much, just had a skin and it was really comfortable and I kept it in a sleeve for protection when not in use. But the different form of the Voyage is not balanced and not as easy to hold.

The Incipio is a nice case and "lightweight," I guess but still adds a ton of weight as far as I'm concerned.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of any skins or similar that are more rubbery or tacky that I could add instead of using the case? I've used the matte finish skins in the past and even that will probably be better than the case.

I was looking at the MoKo case for $14.95 and just thinking about cutting off the front cover of the case and leaving the textured back on for holding. (and then keeping in the sleeve for protection).

Offline Jodi O

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 20, 2015, 09:10:20 AM »
So after several months of using an Incipio case on my Voyage, I am still not comfortable. It's too heavy.

As I wrote previously, I liked reading my PW 'naked' very much, just had a skin and it was really comfortable and I kept it in a sleeve for protection when not in use. But the different form of the Voyage is not balanced and not as easy to hold.

The Incipio is a nice case and "lightweight," I guess but still adds a ton of weight as far as I'm concerned.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of any skins or similar that are more rubbery or tacky that I could add instead of using the case? I've used the matte finish skins in the past and even that will probably be better than the case.

I was looking at the MoKo case for $14.95 and just thinking about cutting off the front cover of the case and leaving the textured back on for holding. (and then keeping in the sleeve for protection).

Have you seen this one:

Offline DD

• K1,K2,KK,Touch,FireHD,PW2, Voyage,Oasis1,Oasis2
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 14, 2016, 01:18:14 PM »
I have this one and absolutely love it.  I've had my Voyage and the case for over a year and it still looks like new.  I'm considering getting another one now that it's available in deep blue.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH DAMN, SHE'S UP!". ~Member #484

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline tiggeerrific

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 15, 2016, 08:09:16 AM »
I love these cases if you type in the name a lot of other prints show up. These are very reasonably priced. I am getting a couple as I like change

Offline mistyd107

• Alvarado Tx
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 15, 2016, 09:35:01 AM »
I have this one and absolutely love it.  I've had my Voyage and the case for over a year and it still looks like new.  I'm considering getting another one now that it's available in deep blue.

REALLY like the deep blue....is it easy to remove the kindle from??? I ask because i like to change cases, but that said i have hand issues so if its too difficult I should be good. lol
Totals Read in 2014: Books-9  Pgs-3,156  Loc-44,841

Offline DD

• K1,K2,KK,Touch,FireHD,PW2, Voyage,Oasis1,Oasis2
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 15, 2016, 08:19:53 PM »
REALLY like the deep blue....is it easy to remove the kindle from??? I ask because i like to change cases, but that said i have hand issues so if its too difficult I should be good. lol

It is not easy to remove the Kindle. It's actually quite difficult. It fits pretty snugly in the hard shell back of the case. I don't change cases much, so it didn't matter to me.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH DAMN, SHE'S UP!". ~Member #484

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline 9 Diamonds

• View Profile
    • 9 Diamonds Press
« Reply #396 on: October 03, 2016, 06:16:31 PM »
I love the Amazon origami style cover for my Kindle Voyage. It feels sturdy, is easy and quick to open and close, and the folding stand arrangement is especially good, like when I'm on a plane and I can rest the Voyage upright on the in-seat table.