Author Topic: Kindle Voyage Cover  (Read 88871 times)  

Offline Tripp

• Kent, Washington
    • View Profile
    • Goodreads
Re: Kindle Voyage Cover
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2014, 08:24:57 PM »
I have this for my Fire and am hoping they make something similar for the V:

Until they do or until I am positive that they will never make one for the V, I will use the same sleeve that Anne got.  It came in the mail today and I really like it a lot.  I am also thinking about a skin.  I found this and am intrigued:

I also looked on the Decal Girl web site.  It doesn't look like they make any e-reader skins at all.   :(

(Make your own reading bar)

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
-C. S. Lewis

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2014, 07:00:31 AM »
I also looked on the Decal Girl web site.  It doesn't look like they make any e-reader skins at all.   :(

E-readers are now listed under Tablets.
Give DecalGirl a week or two and they will have skins for the Voyage.  I've skinned each of my Kindles (with DecalGirl skins) within a few weeks of getting them.

ETA - I just chatted with a DecalGirl rep and they haven't received their test Voyage yet.  So it may be the middle of November before they have the skins up.  She said something about testing to make sure the skins did not interfere with the page turn sensors.  I don't think it will be a problem though.  The Nook Simple Touch had similar page turn things and I have a skin on it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:01:48 AM by Andra »

Offline Tripp

• Kent, Washington
    • View Profile
    • Goodreads
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2014, 04:57:48 PM »
E-readers are now listed under Tablets.
Give DecalGirl a week or two and they will have skins for the Voyage.  I've skinned each of my Kindles (with DecalGirl skins) within a few weeks of getting them.

ETA - I just chatted with a DecalGirl rep and they haven't received their test Voyage yet.  So it may be the middle of November before they have the skins up.  She said something about testing to make sure the skins did not interfere with the page turn sensors.  I don't think it will be a problem though.  The Nook Simple Touch had similar page turn things and I have a skin on it.

Thanks Andra.  That helps a lot.  I knew it was probably early days, but I am glad they still support the e-readers.  I will wait then...

(Make your own reading bar)

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
-C. S. Lewis

Offline Cobbie

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2014, 07:27:59 PM »
I've been using my Voyage with the Amazon flip cover today and have found that often when I close the cover the page turns forward. I wonder if this would be any different with other covers because of the pagepress feature. While reading I'm still getting used to not holding the sides where these are located and maybe I need to be more careful where I am holding it when I flip the cover closed. I'm still uncertain if I'll keep this cover.

Offline TJoseph

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2014, 08:41:42 PM »
I am really disliking the floppiness of the origami cover.  More than I dislike the top flip (which I dislike also).

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2014, 04:48:21 AM »
I'd urge everyone who has issues with the cover to submit feedback to Amazon.  Maybe, just maybe, they'll come out with something with a similar back but a stiff side opening front. They might not, of course, but if they don't know people aren't happy, they won't even consider it. :(

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline KindleGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2014, 07:26:34 AM »
I've been using my Voyage with the Amazon flip cover today and have found that often when I close the cover the page turns forward. I wonder if this would be any different with other covers because of the pagepress feature. While reading I'm still getting used to not holding the sides where these are located and maybe I need to be more careful where I am holding it when I flip the cover closed. I'm still uncertain if I'll keep this cover.

I've had this happen a couple of times as well. I think maybe because of the origami style of it, part of the cover touches the screen before the magnet turns it off, maybe? I like the flip top fine, but I wish they would have just made the front cover flat without the origami part. You can still prop it up without that.

Offline CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2014, 12:06:47 PM »
I've had this happen a couple of times as well. I think maybe because of the origami style of it, part of the cover touches the screen before the magnet turns it off, maybe? I like the flip top fine, but I wish they would have just made the front cover flat without the origami part. You can still prop it up without that.

I had this issue also.  In fact, it was also a small  part of the reason I returned the Voyage. As I mentioned in my post on the cover, the build quality is great.  But the usability is another matter.

K2US v2.5.7 / 2x(One is SO)K3 White 3G/Wi-Fi + Oberon Bold Celtic in Black / 2x PW2 3G W/O / Voyage 3G W/O / PW3 3G W/O / Oasis 3g W/O

Offline Susan J

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2014, 07:07:42 AM »
I'm finding the naked Voyage a bit uncomfortable.  It seems harder to pick up without a cover and I still fear knocking something over on the screen when it is just sitting on a table.   :(    I still tend to inadvertently hit page forward or reverse and think that having a cover to grip may help with that. 

I've never had a flip style case but I think the Poetic flip style is worth a try for only $10.  I guess it is understandable that no preview copies of the Voyage went out to manufacturers but now the wait till the covers are available seems so long.  My confirmation for the Poetic case gives an estimated date between November 19th and 21st.

Offline Arcadian

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2014, 09:17:10 AM »
I have the non-leather version of the official cover I purchased from BestBuy. I cancelled my order for the leather version from Amazon, as the delivery date wasn't until mid-November. While initially skeptical, I have grown to quite like this cover - mostly. It is incredibly easy to insert and remove the Voyage, and I love the way the cover magnetically locks with a satisfying "snap" to the back of the cover when you flip it over. Really my only complaint relates to the feel of the cover sides when it is in the reading position. The sides of the front flap are actually quite sharp, and I find myself repositioning my hand often while reading to find a more comfortable spot. I'm hoping that these edges will soften with use. I have 14 days to "wear it in" before I won't be able to return it to BestBuy. I would be interested to know if this is also a problem with the leather cover. Have any of you with the leather version experienced this?

Offline dowisetrepla

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2014, 03:12:17 PM »
I have the official Amazon non-leather cover and I love it! When I first got it, I wasn't sure about the flip top design but I got used to it really quickly, and when you flip it over it sticks to the back of the case so it's not just hanging there. It's really nice. I'm really happy with it. I'm thinking of asking for the leather version for Christmas.

Offline me3boyz

• America's Finest City
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2014, 09:16:54 AM »
Didn't order a cover for my Voyage because I was hoping to use my old PW1 cover that I love. It reminds me of an old fashioned book. Well, got my Voyage & didn't realize they had moved the power button to the back (still getting used to that), so no go. Been reading without a cover for a week & I kind of like it. My hands don't hurt as much after reading for long periods of time either. Plus it slides into my little purse so much nicer! I just ordered this last night:

It's inexpensive enough that if I don't like it, I can keep looking. It also helps me wait for when Decal Girl releases her Voyage skins.

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2014, 09:54:05 AM »

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2014, 10:05:07 AM »
Just saw this cover. It looks nice and it wakes up the Voyage.

http://www.amazon.com/ACcase-Kindle-Voyage-SmartShell-Case/dp/B00NSBYPT0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=1CW08RZ7Q1PBGXNV1GX1

I've been looking at that one too . . . . . kind of waiting for some reviews . .  . . . also on the Fintie and Poetic

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2014, 11:04:49 AM »
I've been looking at that one too . . . . . kind of waiting for some reviews . .  . . . also on the Fintie and Poetic

I ordered it and another one. By the time my Voyage gets here I'll have 3 covers. I figure I can try them all and use the one I like best. Since it is only $9.99 I don't mind if I wind up with 2 of them. I'll switch around and find the best for me.

Offline Cobbie

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2014, 11:29:09 AM »
I ordered the Poetic Slimline cover but I might cancel it. The Amazn flip cover is growing on me.

Online crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
  • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2014, 01:57:13 PM »

I keep looking at the Fintie covers  because they are so inexpensive and I liked the Fintie I bought for son's PW.  The only thing that is stopping me is that the frame the Kindle slides behind appears that it will cover the auto-light sensor.  Since it has the autowake feature, it doesn't matter that there isn't a cut out on the back for the power button, but I want that light sensor to keep working.
A book, I think, is very like a little golden door.
That takes me into places where I've never been before.
It leads me into fairyland or countries strange and far.
And, best of all, the golden door always stands ajar. - Adelaide Love

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2014, 02:27:21 PM »
I keep looking at the Fintie covers  because they are so inexpensive and I liked the Fintie I bought for son's PW.  The only thing that is stopping me is that the frame the Kindle slides behind appears that it will cover the auto-light sensor.  Since it has the autowake feature, it doesn't matter that there isn't a cut out on the back for the power button, but I want that light sensor to keep working.

That's a definite issue -- but it appears there are two sorts of Fintie cases -- a 'folio' one where the device slides in a leather screen sleeve, and a 'hardshell' one where it fits in more like the PW does.  I'd definitely go for the hardshell.  On the product page, there's a selector menu so you can see the difference -- the available colors are not the same for both sorts.  I don't think they actually have designed either one yet, though, and that's why the pictures aren't accurate.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)

Online crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
  • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2014, 02:54:40 PM »
That's a definite issue -- but it appears there are two sorts of Fintie cases -- a 'folio' one where the device slides in a leather screen sleeve, and a 'hardshell' one where it fits in more like the PW does.  I'd definitely go for the hardshell.  On the product page, there's a selector menu so you can see the difference -- the available colors are not the same for both sorts.  I don't think they actually have designed either one yet, though, and that's why the pictures aren't accurate.

It is the folio I was looking at, I'll check out the hard shell.  I presumed the folio pictures were accurate since they show the cut-out at the word "Kindle" on the bottom of the frame - which is what I think will let the magnet work for auto-wake.  I actually tried the Voyage in the PW Finite folio case and it fits nice and snug, but the magnet is in the wrong place for the auto-wake even though it shuts securely with the magnet that is there. 

I thought about trying to cut magnet out and move it, but then I still have the problem with the light sensor being covered.  As they say, "first world problems".
A book, I think, is very like a little golden door.
That takes me into places where I've never been before.
It leads me into fairyland or countries strange and far.
And, best of all, the golden door always stands ajar. - Adelaide Love

Online Patricia

• Northwestern New Jersey
  • Enjoy Today...It will not come again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2014, 04:42:57 PM »
Oberon covers are now available for the Voyage on the Oberon Design web site.

Offline CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2014, 06:21:40 PM »
Oberon covers are now available for the Voyage on the Oberon Design web site.
I just looked and could not find Voyage covers.

Edit:  I did find them, but for some reason you do not see Voyage until you get to the cover order page.  Then you can select Kindle Voyage.  :-[
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:27:15 PM by CAR »

K2US v2.5.7 / 2x(One is SO)K3 White 3G/Wi-Fi + Oberon Bold Celtic in Black / 2x PW2 3G W/O / Voyage 3G W/O / PW3 3G W/O / Oasis 3g W/O

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2014, 06:00:42 AM »
I just looked and could not find Voyage covers.

Edit:  I did find them, but for some reason you do not see Voyage until you get to the cover order page.  Then you can select Kindle Voyage.  :-[

Yeah -- I figured that out, too.  You can't use there 'which is my kindle' page to find it -- they don't have it there yet, but they will let you choose a cover for a voyage when you pick a style.  But, still, it doesn't appear you can see how it will really fit in the cover. If it doesn't have an auto-wake magnet, it's important to be able to reach the button on the back. AND it's important the light sensor in the upper left corner is not covered.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)

Online Patricia

• Northwestern New Jersey
  • Enjoy Today...It will not come again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2014, 06:36:08 AM »
My concern is that auto light sensor, too.  I asked about that issue on Facebook, but haven't received a reply.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2014, 06:40:53 AM »
My concern is that auto light sensor, too.  I asked about that issue on Facebook, but haven't received a reply.

They may not realize it's there.  I only noticed it by accident -- saw it as a smudge and then realized what it was when it didn't come off. ::) I don't believe there's anything in the documentation a customer gets about it being there. Not sure if these sorts of vendors get any additional material to use when designing accessories. I'd guess not!

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)

Offline larryb52

• one day at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2014, 02:01:13 PM »
I just received a cover by incipio as I disliked the amazon orgami and I like this one even less than the amazon one, it looks cheap for 30 bucks and bulky looking , I'm sorta perplexed that they would design a great reader and the covers are like a second thought....got to think on this...
Larry