KB Featured
The Sun God's Heir: Return (Book One)
by Elliott Baker

Kindle Edition published 2017-01-02
Bestseller ranking:

Product Description
For three thousand years a hatred burns. In seventeenth century Bordeaux two souls incarnate, one born the child of a prosperous merchant, the other, steals a life determined to continue a brutal incarnation begun long ago.

Under the guidance of Pharaoh, two brothers grew strong in knowledge and power, one a physician, the other a general. With the pharaoh’s untimely death, a deep hatred blossoms. One remembers, one does not.

The year is 1671. René Gilbert’s destiny glints from the blade of a slashing rapier. To protect those he loves he must regain the power and knowledge earned in an ancient lifetime. From Bordeaux to Spain to Morocco, René is tested and with each turn of fate he gathers enemies and allies as the memory and power of a lifetime as physician to Pharaoh returns.

Determined to continue a reign of terror that once caused the Nile to run red, Horemheb takes over the life of a young man mortally wo…

Author Topic: Looking for/to establish a small, indie author support group  (Read 419 times)  

Offline Paul Kohler

• Littleton, Colorado
    • View Profile
    • PaulKohler.net
Looking for/to establish a small, indie author support group
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:01:26 AM »
Hey folks. I'm not sure if what I'm looking for exists yet. If not, I'm willing to head it up.

I would like to be part of a small group of indie authors - somewhere around 6 to 10 - that want to help each other out with any self publishing activities. My thought is that whenever one of us in the group has a new release come out, we all share the news across our individual social networking arenas. I think having any more than say 10 in a group might make it unmanageable to keep up with the individual productivity.

For example, I have a book on free promo this weekend. It would be great that everyone on the group shared the status on their Facebook/Twitter/etc. at least once. Then, whoever was up the following week, everyone would share their promo. By keeping this small, it doesn't take but a few minutes of each of our time to help the cause, but having the reach of the additional members social network could be huge.

Another benefit of a small group, is if it develops nicely, we could produce the occasional anthology, based on a particular theme - either for profit or charity. We could all bounce publishing or marketing strategies off each other in a private group, probably on Facebook for ease of use.

In a perfect world, the group would be from similar genre's. My writing style is similar to Stephen King, so someone similar to Nora Roberts would probably not have the same affect.

The problem though is keeping participation up. I'd hate to gather 10 authors into the group, and have only two or three help out with spreading the word. If you think you would like something like this, speak up! I think it could be a great things for all involved.
Detour, Book Two of the Humanity's Edge Trilogy is now available! Click the cover today!
Paul B. Kohler | author website | facebook | twitter

Offline Paul Kohler

• Littleton, Colorado
    • View Profile
    • PaulKohler.net
Re: Looking for/to establish a small, indie author support group
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 09:08:36 AM »
Anyone? Beuller?  ;)
Detour, Book Two of the Humanity's Edge Trilogy is now available! Click the cover today!
Paul B. Kohler | author website | facebook | twitter

Offline HappyToHelp

• Michigan
    • View Profile
    • Narcissist Support
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 09:23:31 AM »
I'm game, but I write in paranormal romance. 
Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? If you haven't, then consider yourself lucky. Learn the signs, pass them on, and run like hell. www.NarcissistSupport.com

Offline Silly Writer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 09:31:48 AM »
Paul,

I see you're not getting any bites. I think I know why...

If you took out the part of cross-promotion, you'd probably get a group together. Most of us don't want to commit to spamming our carefully gathered readers with books. Especially if we know our readers like our stuff, but possibly don't like another genre. We barely pimp our own books out to them, unless it's just to announce a new release or a sale.

I'm in a small group. We meet twice a month in a live Google Hangout. We talk about any and all areas of self-publishing and sometimes we do pimp each other's books on our social media if 1) we've read it and 2) we think our readers might like it...but it's not a requirement. It's strictly volunteer. The other benefits of the group far outweigh the promotion. Cover input, help with formatting, help with blurb glitches, working through a block on plot...brainstorming an idea and/or titles. Taking turns beta reading or proofreading sometimes, if we have the time...We also keep a private FB page where we can all add questions or accomplishments in between hangouts.

If you start this way, you may inadvertently find like-minded writers within that small group to cross-promote as an added bonus, instead of the primary purpose.  :)