KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Welcome to KBoards!  (Read 191011 times)  

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
  • Love all, moderate all.
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
Welcome to KBoards!
« on: November 26, 2007, 10:48:33 PM »
This site is a user board for Kindle, the family of wireless reading devices from Amazon.

We're an independent site and are not part of Amazon. We're gadget enthusiasts, and booklovers too.

Get connected with us, through our forums, and also through our Kindle blog, our Facebook page, and Twitter. Sign up, free, for some or all of those to ensure you stay connected with KB updates and promotional opportunities for you and your books.  

Interested in buying a Kindle? Here are the latest devices, and links into the corresponding Amazon page. Within some devices, there are options including memory size, and whether the device includes discrete ads ("Special Offers").

Thanks for visiting Kindle Boards!

test string: kboards.com
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 10:27:05 AM by Betsy the Quilter »
Flint and Flame: 15%

Authors: set up your own work-in-progress bar with our Author Sig tool.

Offline Carol

• View Profile
Re: Welcome to Kindle Boards!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 08:22:29 PM »
Thanks Harvey! I needed a place to find out more about Kindle!

Offline John P.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 03:06:20 PM »
Thanks, Harvey!  This looks to be a nice community.

Offline gator reader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 10:44:28 AM »
I am sooo proud....I just figured out how to get my avitar to post.  OK...I admit it....I'm old and not very computer savvy...but I love my kindle!

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 10:46:05 AM »
I am sooo proud....I just figured out how to get my avitar to post.  OK...I admit it....I'm old and not very computer savvy...but I love my kindle!

Welcome, Gator! Glad to have you here...

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 11:46:04 AM »
Welcome Gator Reader, you & I will get along well. I am the most unsavy computer person you will ever meet. I had never heard the word avatar before I came here.  ;) Now they are patiently teaching me to use the link maker. It has been a real pain in the butt for me.

Offline gator reader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 01:25:20 PM »
Funny story....after I posted here - I wanted to boast to my kids and show them how accomplished I was....but because of the way my computer is configured at work I couldn't get it to work at all....so I had the Proud Mommy subject line and .....oh, I just deleted it!

I have two girls in college but still have a son at home....he will help me, yet again when I get home!  Ugh!   Thanks for the welcome. 

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 02:51:29 PM »

LOL!

Gator, welcome to the Kindle Boards and congratulations on your first posts and on creating your Avatar!

There's lots of good info on these boards for new Kindle owners.  We can teach you how to use it in the Tips, Tricks and Useful Hints board, suggest great books to read in The Book Corner, help you buy a present for your Kindle in Accessories plus a several other boards where you can just have fun!

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline gator reader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 07:02:49 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Betsy...actually I've had my Kindle since June and I'm  pretty accomplished at it...owe it all to the help I've gotten from the Amazon discussion boards....now I'm branching out and enjoying this site....so many wonderful books.....too bad I have to work, eat, rear children....then again with my left hand morphed into a Kindle....I am doing way more reading than EVER before!

Offline Kirstin

• Nashua, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 07:05:47 PM »
Welcome Gator and I'm so glad you got your avatar to post - it is adorable!

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."  Walt Disney

Offline Angela

• Texas
  • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 09:06:39 PM »
Hello and welcome Gator... great to have you join us in the fun!!

Offline chynared21

• Phew...Teninx found his tinfoil hat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 07:22:34 AM »
Hello and welcome Gator!

Offline gator reader

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 10:29:02 AM »
Thanks for taking time out from reading to welcome me chynared21, Angela and Kirstin.  It's good to be here. 
It's a lazy Saturday (hopefully) and a little drizzly here so I'm planning to make myself a nice cup of coffee and grab a few hours on the Kindle.  I'm reading the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and it grabbed me from the first page.  Just finished some freebies by Mary Roberts Rinehart....wow, how life has changed since she wrote!  Cheers.

Offline Dori

• Indiana
  • Dori is #10 x 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 11:01:20 AM »
Old?   did you say old?    Welc and enjoy the Kindle and the board.

Offline gator reader

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 04:02:11 PM »
Dori
old but not very old....still can learn new tricks! thanks for the welcome.

Offline Sailor

• California
  • Babe of the Voyage
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 11:21:45 PM »

Welcome Aboard Gator Reader,

I didn't know how to put in pictures and stuff in my posts either, but keep reading and trying the directions in the posts, and all the friendly help you get, and you will be able to be a whizz at it. 

You've come to the right place for Kindle Lovers.
That which does not destroy me-has made a fatal tactical error!   You keep campaigning for a azz whoopin', you gonna get elected.  
It is not enough that I succeed. All who oppose me must fail.         You're never too old if you can still cock your pistol.

Offline gator reader

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 12:32:29 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Sailor....yeh, so my son is graduating high school this year ...so my tech support will be leaving. I am looking to learn how to master technology in general....the fancy cell phone, i-pod, blog posting....I figure it will give me something to do when I'm finally empty nested....though I'm kicking and screaming about giving up my mommy status !  I know....you remain a mommy even when they are in college....but I hate parenting college age kids (I have two girls away at school now!)  Anyway, it'll give me more time to read and LOVE my KINDLE.

Offline tranquil1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 12:38:32 PM »
Just got my Kindle yesterday and am already in love! Problem is that it is a Christmas gift so I am not supposed to have it in my possesion till then. I did however manage to download four books and check out the welcome message before I handed it over to my partner to be hidden till next month! I can tell that this is going to be a life changing gadget for me. I remember how thrilled I was when I discovered Amazon about ten years ago and realized that I could order just about any book and have it in days. Now to have books in seconds really blows my mind! I miss the little guy already! Can't wait to read all of your helpful hints and tips on this board by the time I get it back next month I'll be a pro!

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 12:51:01 PM »
Welcome tranquil! I can't imagine having that little guy in the house & not being able to use it. Oh well it will be worth the wait & you can hang out here with us Kindleholics.

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 04:00:04 PM »
Just got my Kindle yesterday and am already in love! Problem is that it is a Christmas gift so I am not supposed to have it in my possesion till then. I did however manage to download four books and check out the welcome message before I handed it over to my partner to be hidden till next month! I can tell that this is going to be a life changing gadget for me. I remember how thrilled I was when I discovered Amazon about ten years ago and realized that I could order just about any book and have it in days. Now to have books in seconds really blows my mind! I miss the little guy already! Can't wait to read all of your helpful hints and tips on this board by the time I get it back next month I'll be a pro!

Tranquil, welcome. Glad to have you here.

Tell your partner if he gives you your Kindle now, all you will want for Christmas is a kiss under the mistletoe...and then mean it!

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 05:00:39 PM »
Welcome tranquil1. I feel your pain!! My kindle was originally purchased as a Christmas present and I had to hand it over after having it in my possession for 4 days! I was more fortunate though... the hubby caved and let me have my present early! I had to do a little pleading and the eye batting thing, but it paid off! Glad you have found your way here!

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 09:17:18 PM »

Welcome to Kindle Boards, Tranquil1!

You are SOOOO going to love your Kindle.  Be sure to check out the Book Corner for books for him and then you may want to go over to Accessories to buy your Kindle a gift!

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Vampyre

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 09:35:15 PM »
I am so glad I am the only person living here.  No one weill tell me I can't have my Kindle until Christmas.  Well except maybe Amazon.

The arrival date in only about 2 weeks but I am hoping it'll come sooner.   i have already see two people that orderd after me getting to "preparing for shipment" notices.

I will hug it an kiss it and call it George.  Ok not really, I am not naming mine when it gets here.

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 09:38:58 PM »
I will hug it an kiss it and call it George.  Ok not really, I am not naming mine when it gets here.

Famous last words..... hehe

Offline Suzanne

• N. Huntingdon, PA
  • No. 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 09:42:12 PM »
Welcome Gator & Tranquil. This is a great forum, very friendly & I've learned so many neat tricks for my Kindle. I'm sure you will too.