KB Featured Book
Druan Episode 1 - Dawn
by Mark Robson

$free
Kindle Edition published 2016-10-19
Bestseller ranking:

Product Description
Darkness consumed the world for centuries, under thick black clouds that blocked the sun. Without light, the plants withered and died, and the animals starved. Few survived in this wasteland of night. With a final, desperate effort, the shamans gathered together to form a great chant. They gave their lives to open the clouds and let sunlight shine back on the world.

When the scattered remnants of humanity step from the dark, with nothing but their wits and the waning power of an old shaman to protect them, they are faced with a cracked, lifeless desert. Led by a child, guided by the spirits, their deeds will become myth.

To survive, they must train a new generation of shamans to face the coming dangers. Thirteen students to guide the people into a new age. And, of those students, two young sisters will grow to stand at the heart of a legend.

Start Druan today with Episode 1. Each episode is written as a short story, to ...

Author Topic: Welcome to KBoards!  (Read 184411 times)  

Offline L.Canton

• View Profile
Re: Welcome to Kindle Boards!
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2009, 04:54:28 PM »
Welcome Poo and Carol, and good to see you back Dorsey. :)

Offline poo

• i love every one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2009, 06:51:07 PM »
the first time i seen this forum i thought it was just going to be another site pushing products down my throat!LOL!
but i have to say that after reading, and sharing a bit, that this is not the case! every one is so nice here! and there are so many great topics and comments! i wish i had more time to come on and chat, but sadly i do not any ways! on a happier note my sister found out she's having a baby girl today! THANKS AGAIN FOR THE FORUM!

Offline CRidilla

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2009, 08:07:04 PM »
Hi, my name is Cristian. I'm a brand new K1 owner from Pittsburgh, PA. I know that I'll enjoy learning about my new toy  :)

Offline jpmorgan49

• Joliet, IL
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2009, 07:11:27 AM »
Welcome Cristian!
I sure you'll find us a very friendly and knowledgeable bunch.  Enjoy your stay!!! ;) ;D
jp

Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/jpmorgan49/
Kindle Touch July 2012
I'm really one of a Kind...le!

Offline kevindorsey

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2009, 12:02:25 PM »
Hi, my name is Cristian. I'm a brand new K1 owner from Pittsburgh, PA. I know that I'll enjoy learning about my new toy  :)

Welcome, and yes you will have plenty of enjoyable things to read here.

Offline intinst

• Shannon Hills, AR
  • 'just enough clouds to create a beautiful sunset
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2009, 12:10:54 PM »
Greetings and welcome, Cristan! Glad you found us!
A great many people now reading and writing would be better employed keeping rabbits.  Edith Sitwell 
Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the
engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair. Annie Dillard

Located just outside Little Rock, Arkansas

Offline muzteach

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2009, 09:41:22 PM »
Hi...well I finally did it a few days ago and ordered the KDX. Just had a chance to check my email for the day and found out that it has shipped!! It wasn't supposed to until the 1st!!! DH thinks that I will eventually not use it, but I think I will end up proving him wrong. Books are cheaper for the Kindle and sometimes I like to read them more than once. Sure, I am on paperbackk swap so I'm not buying books, but some books that I want to read are backed up for over a year! We don't live in the city, so we can't use the library. Now I just need to decide what books I want to put on it and if I want to order a cover, etc. for it!!

Offline jpmorgan49

• Joliet, IL
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2009, 11:16:36 AM »
Congratulations Muzteach!!!  I know you'll really enjoy your Kindle and the folks here at KindleBoards!! ;D
jp

Kindle Touch July 2012

Offline Patricia Sierra

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2009, 06:29:43 AM »
I'm fairly new to Kindleboards (just a few days aboard) and love the way posters are treated here. It's a relaxing place to read about my favorite gadget. I've had my Kindle only since late February and now it's near impossible to face picking up a paper book. My daughter, a die-hard paper book fan, just admitted to having the same feelings now that she's had a Kindle for a couple of weeks. She was a hard sell, but now you can't pry it out of her hands. One thing we both love is discovering authors we never would have found if we were browsing  in a traditional bookstore. First thing every morning we seek out the free and bargain books. It's hard to remember what mornings were like BK (Before Kindle). It's also hard to remember what I did with my free time before I discovered the Kindle-dedicated forums. I lurk for hours every day. It's a wonder I get any ebook reading done.

Offline intinst

• Shannon Hills, AR
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2009, 08:03:57 AM »
Greetings and Welcome, Patricia! This really is a good site, lots to learn and do. Have you been to our area, The Book Corner? Many threads with info about goods reads there, including Recommended by our Members and additional sites for Book Lovers. We have Book Klubs where members gather to discus items they are reading, with some discussions lead by the author. Another area is the Book Bazaar where our member authors post about their books. It is also where you will find threads about Bargain Books and Free Books!
The FAQ or Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting are the boards to go to when you have a question or just ask, someone will most likely be able to help you and and as you have discovered, we think no question is dumb.
Let's Talk Kindle is the place to go to discuss all things in the Kindle World.
Next would be Photo Gallery, where members post pictures about their pets, landscapes, birds or just about anything they think someone else might be interested in.
Accessories is where to look if you are thinking of personalizing your Kindle. Skins, covers, lights, bags, sleeves and many other things are discussed and pictured here.
Hope you continue to love your Kindle and enjoy KIndleBoards.
A great many people now reading and writing would be better employed keeping rabbits.  Edith Sitwell 
Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the

Offline jpmorgan49

• Joliet, IL
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2009, 02:12:25 PM »
Welcome Patricia!!  I'm sure you find KindleBoards to be a very friendly, resourceful place to hang out.!!
jp

Kindle Touch July 2012

Offline drenee

• West Virginia
  • Member 527
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2009, 04:41:27 AM »
Hi Cristian.  Sorry it took me so long to find your post.  Welcome to the Boards.  The number of Pittsburgh K owners is growing.   A meet and greet day was held recently across the country at  Starbucks locations.  I know of at least one group that got together around Pittsburgh. 
Don't hesitate to ask any questions about your K1. 
deb
Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.

WwF  DRA60
Miss you, Dona, Jeff and Harvey.

Offline sara84

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2009, 03:46:33 PM »
hi

mine should arrive any time now and I just found this board

looking forward to learning some good tips

where is it?!?!  :P

Offline KindleKrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2009, 02:01:13 PM »
I just ordered a Kindle 2 off of Amazon and will be getting it in a couple of days. I'm a total newbie to it, but am so looking forward to having tons to read during my business travels. The forum has already helped me so much during my research, so I look forward to reading more, learning more and hopefully contributing!

Offline ashash

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2009, 04:49:05 PM »
I love it!

L0L!

I HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF A KINDLE IT'LL NOW! HAHAHA

i want one.

thanks for the forum, and info.
dont mind me ill be lurking around.
THANKS AGAIN.

Offline MarthaT

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2009, 07:35:03 AM »
Welcome all new members  :)

Offline gagirl

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2009, 10:18:15 AM »
Hi Everyone!  I too am brand new to the kindle experience.  I'm on "kindlewatch" (love that term) and hopefully will be getting my hot little hands on it soon (Sept 1?).  I pretty much know what books I'm going to download, but I'm not sure if I want to order before my kindle arrives or wait for the rush of seeing my books show up  ???

Offline dragonfly

• Santa Rosa, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2009, 05:56:46 PM »
Hello all thank you for this wonderful forum. I am officially on Kindlewatch as of today, and very excited. I am anxious to peek around here and learn as much from all of you who are much more experienced than I.

Thank you
>!<

Offline ashash

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2009, 10:53:54 AM »
man i have been reading for a while now and i have to say, if not for this forum i would not have ordered my new kindle today!
THANKS EVERY ONE!

Offline MarthaT

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 08, 2009, 07:58:00 AM »
man i have been reading for a while now and i have to say, if not for this forum i would not have ordered my new kindle today!
THANKS EVERY ONE!

Hope you enjoy it  :)

Offline happyblob

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2009, 01:40:15 PM »
THANKS EVERY ONE!
Alright recruit, now get your accessories!

Offline ashash

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2009, 12:36:39 PM »
the first time i seen this forum i thought it was just going to be another site pushing products down my throat!LOL!
but i have to say that after reading, and sharing a bit, that this is not the case! every one is so nice here! and there are so many great topics and comments! i wish i had more time to come on and chat, but sadly i do not any ways! on a happier note my sister found out she's having a baby girl today! THANKS AGAIN FOR THE FORUM!

congrats!! Also if you get the time to  come on every once and a while you will see this is a very fun and informative forum!

Offline JenX

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2009, 02:08:48 PM »
Hi,
I'm Jen. I just received my K2 two days ago, but it's so nice I almost afraid to use it......

I bought an M-edge case, decalgirl decal and just bought the squaretrade warranty because I'm clumsy:)

Offline intinst

• Shannon Hills, AR
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2009, 10:42:41 PM »
Greetings and Welcome, Jen! Glad you found us! You've got to just get in there and read on that Kindle, so you will become as addicted as the rest of us!

Offline 911jason

• Simi Valley, CA
    • View Profile
    • Kindle Screensavers
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2009, 12:57:45 AM »
Welcome Jen... I'll give it two weeks before you've done both the font and screensaver hacks! 

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac