Author Topic: Welcome to KBoards!  (Read 193575 times)  

Offline JohnReeve

• Saint Louis, MO
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Kindle Boards!
« Reply #575 on: May 14, 2012, 05:46:39 AM »
Hello!!! I'm a newbie here)
I've got three Kindle books ::)
You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. pokies now.

Offline LadaRay

• USA
    • View Profile
    • www.LadaRay.com
« Reply #576 on: May 14, 2012, 12:29:40 PM »
Hi Everyone,  So happy to join Kindleboards!  -  Lada ::) :P

Offline Iris

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 16, 2012, 11:31:26 AM »
I've been reading your forum over the last few days while I await delivery of my Kindle Touch, so thought I ought to sign up!  It should be here tomorrow!  ;D

This will be my first Kindle. 

Offline kenturo1

• View Profile
    • VPN, how to access skype
« Reply #578 on: May 21, 2012, 05:41:12 AM »
hello everybody,
i'm new here too and this is my beginning of Kindle adventure :D

Offline barrymanny

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 23, 2012, 03:42:54 AM »
Thank you Harvey, It is a privilege and a honor to be associated with all things Kindle.

Regards
Barry
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:52:12 AM by Ann in Arlington »

Offline intinst

• Shannon Hills, AR
  • 'just enough clouds to create a beautiful sunset
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 26, 2012, 11:17:22 PM »
      Greetings and Welcome, new members!! We are so glad you found KindleBoards, an independent resource for people who own or have interest in Kindle, so our forum is for both readers and writers. We have many areas that you probably will like. Have you been to The Book Corner yet?  That's the area for discussions about books (naturally :D ). That's also where you will find threads about books Recommended by our Members and a list of additional sites for Book Lovers.
     Then there is the Book Bazaar where our member/authors post about their books and the Writers' Cafe that has discussions about writing, publishing and many other topics. Here is a link to all the KindleBoards authors:Unofficial master list of KindleBoards Authors. That is also where you will locate Bargain Books and even Free Books threads where you can get reading material at low or no cost!  If you have a question about your Kindle or it's usage, check out the FAQ or the forum about Tips, Tricks and Trouble Shooting . Or, just ask your question. We have many helpful and knowledgeable people here at KB  and we feel there is no such thing as a "dumb" question. Questions about KindleBoards may be answered at  Forum tips. If not, once again, ask away! To keep everything running smoothly, we ask that everyone read Forum decorum. There are a few points there particularly for authors.  Further questions from authors concerning KB may be answered here: Authors:8 essential KindleBoards tips.
      Another popular place is Let's Talk Kindle, where all things in the Kindle world are posted about. Do you have a Kindle Fire? Join in the conversations or ask questions in the Fire Talk area. Be sure and check out the Photo Gallery, where pictures of members, pets, flowers, landscapes or just almost anything interesting can be found.
     Have you been to the Accessories area? There you will see information about covers, skins, lights, bags, stands and many other items to allow you to personalize your Kindle.
Looking to just kill some time while you are waiting for your Kindle or if you have your kindle, want to try something different? Try INFINITY Game - Word Association or The "INFINITY" Thread: KEEP POSTING...Ready, Set,... GO!!! or one of the other threads in the Not Quite Kindle area.
Sorry for the long post, but there is just so much to do, learn and like about KindleBoards that I just get carried away. :)
A great many people now reading and writing would be better employed keeping rabbits.  Edith Sitwell 
Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the
engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair. Annie Dillard

Located just outside Little Rock, Arkansas

Offline Samantha M.

• Boston, MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 29, 2012, 08:02:14 AM »
Hello everyone! I just picked up a Kindle recently (I'm a Nook convert), but I've been following ebooks and self-publishing for a very long time. Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Offline LadaRay

• USA
    • View Profile
    • www.LadaRay.com
« Reply #583 on: May 29, 2012, 09:45:40 AM »
Welcome everyone!  I love Kindleboards!!

Offline JuliMonroe

• Springfield, VA
    • View Profile
    • KindleBoard Book Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 06, 2012, 10:10:35 AM »
I just bought my first Kindle (Touch), and I realized I've actually been a member for a while. Not sure when that happened, but I plan to be active now. Looking forward to learning more about my new toy...I mean completely-vital-to-my-existence e-reader.  ;)

Juli Monroe | Blog | Twitter

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 06, 2012, 10:28:21 AM »
Welcome Juli . . . .Have you seen this thread down in Not Quite Kindle:  http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,111996.0.html

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline LJButler

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 06, 2012, 10:04:24 PM »
Hi to everyone here at Kindle Boards. I'm new to the board. It seems like a nice place. I just wanted to say hello. Now I'm going to take look around.
Take care ;D

Offline JuliMonroe

• Springfield, VA
    • View Profile
    • KindleBoard Book Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 08, 2012, 05:54:30 PM »
Welcome Juli . . . .Have you seen this thread down in Not Quite Kindle:  http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,111996.0.html

I had not. Thank you very much for bringing it to my attention. I'd love to be a part of it!

Juli Monroe | Blog | Twitter

Offline Darren Perman, Author

• Dana Point, CA USA
  • Wookiwoo, I Love You
    • View Profile
    • "Wookiwoo, I Love You" eBook for Kindle
« Reply #588 on: June 11, 2012, 10:14:42 AM »
Hello, Nice to meet all of you on Kindle Boards. Looking forward to participating in discussions of all things Kindle.
If you love something set it free... This heartwarming story is about friendship, letting go, and the connection of those three little words "I Love You."

Meet Wookiwoo, a happy little green bird who has found a new friend Jack. Wookiwoo is always there for Jack as he grows up to be a young man. In time Jack outgrows his pet and sets him free. Wookiwoo meets up with Lu Lu, another parrot he knew from the pet shop and they have a family of their own. The ending brings tears of joy to one's eyes in this delightful story of unconditional love.

"Wookiwoo will be shared throughout the years, and enjoyed and cherished by all who have the opportunity to read this book." ~Carolyn Hopkins, OC Public Libraries

"Every child should have a copy of this book." ~ Dr. Annie Thiel, PhD, MFT.

Offline florapereira

• View Profile
    • Destination Marketing
« Reply #589 on: June 19, 2012, 02:29:10 AM »
Hi, iam a new member for this forum plz .. give me guide. :)

Offline imranmohdusman

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 23, 2012, 04:59:01 AM »
hey guys! how is everyone today.  So how much guys are reader geeks here ?

Offline Ruby Barnes

• Kilkenny, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Ruby Barnes - Author
« Reply #591 on: July 03, 2012, 04:41:47 AM »
I'm new on Kindle Boards. I'm a reader (Mrs Ruby bought me the basic Kindle last Christmas and I haven't looked back), reviewer, blogger and writer. Looking forward to picking up some really good book recommendations. My reading preference is literary fiction but will give anything a go.

Offline dhnevins

• Ottawa, Canada
  • Author of WORMWOOD
    • View Profile
    • Wormwood: A Post-apocalyptic Novel
« Reply #592 on: July 07, 2012, 01:08:29 PM »
Hi everyone.  I'm new at Kindle Boards.  Hope to share thoughts about great (and not so great) books and I look forward to learning more about my Kindle.  I'm embarrassed to say that I bought it last year and I still don't know how to use the 3G feature!  Sigh.  One day!
Love, catastrophe and angels at war, all in the face of Armageddon. 
http://www.dhnevins.com

Offline I_Love_Reading

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 10, 2012, 02:18:23 AM »
Hey hello everyone! Nice to be here, so I just got my kindle and I've been downloading a ton of Ebooks so far only came here, so I can get some more books, and I've been scrolling a long and some of you have nice books, so I went to Amazon and downloaded a few of them, so I will give reviews on them shortly after I'm doen reading this incrdible life changing book that I just bought fro my kindle called "How to overcome fear, and start living fearless" which I highly recommend you all to read, but I'm happy to be here!

Offline WendyandCharles

• Laurel, Iow
  • my son and I in an interview for our local paper!
    • View Profile
    • Siefken Publications
« Reply #594 on: July 12, 2012, 05:41:25 AM »
Hello everyone! I am glad I found this site via Emma Marie Leya. I hope to make new friends and make contacts on here! take care and have a great weekend!

Wendy
Wendy Siefken - Co-author
Charles Siefken - Author
Of "Kai's Journey"

Offline LadaRay

• USA
    • View Profile
    • www.LadaRay.com
« Reply #595 on: July 17, 2012, 08:13:32 AM »
Hi everyone, hope to make some good friends and keep learning on Kindleboards!

Offline chillfactor

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 02, 2012, 10:35:55 PM »
My son is starting his first semester of junior college. He says that he can save money on textbooks by buying a kindle.  Then downloading PDF files of the textbooks.  Is this a good idea? or should i just rent/buy textbooks?

Offline sageXpert2132

• New York City
  • Jack G Hardy
    • View Profile
    • Jack G Hardy | the marketing Plumber
« Reply #597 on: August 08, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »
Thanks for the welcome -- I've been a Kindle reader since started reading on my laptop, then I received my iPad 2 years ago as a birthday present (80!) Later I added my Kindle--So now I'm armed with all three portable devices and 156 books on my shelf. I also authored and edited books for publication. But most people know me as the "Marketing Plumber" - a fix it guy with a solid marketing background. Come visit my website http://ow.ly/cPRig
sageXpert

Offline steiven

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 14, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »
Hello all
I am Steven. I am Newbie Here. I am 22 & network engineer by profession. I listen about this site from my friends. I am happy to being on this site. Hope i'll enjoy my Stay Here.
Feel good to be here. :)

Offline mj0nes

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 18, 2012, 02:50:53 AM »
Hello. Saw the site on teksyndicate and I'm interested in kindle books and everything about kindle.

Thanks