KB Featured Book
Druan Episode 1 - Dawn
by Mark Robson

$free
Kindle Edition published 2016-10-19
Bestseller ranking:

Product Description
Darkness consumed the world for centuries, under thick black clouds that blocked the sun. Without light, the plants withered and died, and the animals starved. Few survived in this wasteland of night. With a final, desperate effort, the shamans gathered together to form a great chant. They gave their lives to open the clouds and let sunlight shine back on the world.

When the scattered remnants of humanity step from the dark, with nothing but their wits and the waning power of an old shaman to protect them, they are faced with a cracked, lifeless desert. Led by a child, guided by the spirits, their deeds will become myth.

To survive, they must train a new generation of shamans to face the coming dangers. Thirteen students to guide the people into a new age. And, of those students, two young sisters will grow to stand at the heart of a legend.

Start Druan today with Episode 1. Each episode is written as a short story, to ...

Author Topic: Welcome to KBoards!  (Read 184413 times)  

Offline rcarbone1214

• View Profile
Hi, New Here....
« Reply #750 on: June 16, 2016, 08:52:41 AM »
Hi! I'm new to this board (this is my first post). Happy to have found it!  Just got a Kindle Voyage....had it a week and absolutely love it! I've had a Fire HDX 8.9 for a year and it got me hooked on Amazon....was a Nook user until the Voyage.... Looking forward to following this board and learning more about Kindle!

Offline astroboy

• View Profile
Re: Welcome to KBoards!
« Reply #751 on: June 23, 2016, 01:08:23 PM »
Howdy. Lurker for years. Kindle addict; have owned every version since the K2. I never go anywhere without my aging Voyage. I'd feel lost and unclean without it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:31:24 AM by astroboy »

Offline BarbEWade

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 20, 2016, 02:33:57 PM »
Hi, I'm Barbara, new author of a cookbook called Sane and Savory. Purchased it on Kindle 7-16. I already asked for help with fixing my internal links which are not working on my Kindle, after I uploaded my book in June. 
My daughter, Celine who also photographed my book cover has been a graphic designer and knows her way around the computer better than has tried to work with the customer service at Kindle. I hope I can get some help.

A cookbook without working links for the Table of Contents and Index is a sales killer!  I do not want to make my readers and cooks who want to buy the book go crazy trying to find recipes of which there are 239.

I am glad to be coming to KBoards and I hope I can find help here from fellow writers. You give me hope that I will find good help!
Thank you.   There is no hopeful face!
Barbara

Offline successebooks

• View Profile
    • Christian Personal Development Books
« Reply #753 on: July 23, 2016, 06:55:25 AM »
Happy to be here
Download free Christian personal development Ebooks, Podcasts, Videos, Articles in Our
Christian Business Pack. Examples of free books in this series are How to Develop the
Skills of Solving problems, How to Maintain Focus and Concentration,
How to Fly With You Faith,
How to Handle Distractions at
http://sesanoguntade.com/success-articles/bible-short-reports/

Offline swiftwings

• Sweden
    • View Profile
    • Julie Hodgson
« Reply #754 on: August 10, 2016, 03:55:55 AM »
I am a total newbie to this site :) I have the old style kindle, which I have had for a few years now.. Not sure about getting a Kindle fire as I have a tablet too, which I think is similar?  8) 8) I am an author, indie and trad  published and just adore books :) and reading of course.
Swift

Always be the very best you can be

Offline lynxiebrat

• Michigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 16, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »
Hello Everyone:)

I am brand new here to this forum and this is my 1st post.

I got a Kindle Fire HDX 2 years ago (Wish I had discovered this site then too!) and I am loving being a kindle user...(I really wish I had gotten one years ago.) I had originally wanted the new Samsung Galaxy tablet, but I had a feeling that I would need to replace my laptop within a year or so (And I did end up doing just that!) plus I had a job of taking care of my grandmother that included ALOT of sit down time so wanted a device that I could easily slip into my bag with a lunch/dinner and be on my way.

My mom has had a couple of Kindle Fires over the last few years, so I asked her about it and she really encouraged me to settle on that device, not just in words but over time I saw her on her kindle more then her laptop, reading email, looking at facebook, sometimes watching how to videos on youtube...so I decided that based on price, size, what I could do with it, that the kindke fire was what I should get.

The only downsides to having a kindle fire are: Can't get anything Google play related (Though honestly that's not a big deal.) and the other is is that I don't actually read as much as I should...like I'll start reading an ebook and I'll remember something I wanted to look up, which might lead to something else....see where that's going? But that concern isn't even close to warrent giving this up.

A part of me (The Gadget Kitty part I guess.) still wants the Galaxy, though...maybe one of these days I'll get one. Though I think I'll still own a Kindle Fire.

Offline skinter987

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 03, 2016, 01:06:53 AM »
Hi guys, I read a great book on Kindle, Washed Away: From Darkness to Light. It's a true story about Nikki DuBose, who was recently featured on the Oprah Winfrey Network (that's where I heard about her).  Here's the link to the book https://www.amazon.com/Washed-Away-Darkness-Nikki-DuBose-ebook/dp/B01M25VS8C/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1478160288&sr=1 1&keywords=washed+away+from+darkness+to+light

She had a lot of mental health issues like psychosis, sexual abuse, and eating disorders, and even had the ability to see ghosts. She was also a top model, and was raped in the industry. I think that we can learn a lot from her story. It's only 9.99 on Kindle, not on sale yet, but it's worth a read!

Offline munger

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 15, 2016, 08:05:25 PM »
Hi all! First post for me, I'm excited to have found other people who love Kindle as much as I do. I'm a voyage user as of last Christmas.

I use the highlight feature all the time but found it very hard to review my highlights. I built http://munger.io to solve that problem. I'm now focusing on building a community of intelligent autodidacts who love building knowledge and wisdom by reading. I figured this might be a good place to find some of you (:

Happy reading,
Chase

Offline USAuthor84

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 29, 2017, 02:19:44 AM »
Hi Guys, Just want to introduce myself :)

My names Kyle and I've been a self published author now for coming upto a year and hope to contribute to this Kboard community in anyway I can :)

Hope you're all doing well

-Kyle