Kindle Forum banner

Tip for Amazon Prime members re Shipping

6K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  mlewis78 
#1 ·
OK, so one of the things I absolutely love about being a Prime member (and the reason I have Prime, though there's more stuff all the time) is the two-day shipping.

But honestly, I don't always need two-day shipping. And hubby actually doesn't care how soon he gets stuff. Seriously--what's with that? :eek:

So right now (and y'all may already know this), if you, instead of one-clicking, place an item in your cart and then, when checking out, look down in the "change shipping speed area," you'll be given the chance to earn $1 Amazon credit
Get a $1 credit for eBooks, digital music and videos
for choosing the "No rush" free shipping, where things won't get there till next week.. I got $3 today cause the hubster thought of three different things during the day he wanted me to order for him from Amazon. :D

This is physical items, of course.

And I just saw that the credit for "No-rush" shipping expires March 2015.

Betsy

edited for clarity

See less See more
#6 ·
I meant to post this earlier but kept getting distracted.  I got Ed a couple of shirts the other day and noticed the 'no rush' shipping. Since they were meant for Christmas there really was no rush. :)  And a dollar is a dollar.  I didn't realize that if I'd made it two separate orders I'd have gotten TWO dollars! :eek:

#7 ·
Saul Tanpepper said:
Wait, are you saying that if you order a dozen items, each separately, you could get $12 back? I don't have Prime, but I might just sign up for Christmas as I was planning on doing a bunch of shopping there.
As far as I can tell....I haven't dug deeply into the terms and conditions...

Ann in Arlington said:
I meant to post this earlier but kept getting distracted. I got Ed a couple of shirts the other day and noticed the 'no rush' shipping. Since they were meant for Christmas there really was no rush. :) And a dollar is a dollar. I didn't realize that if I'd made it two separate orders I'd have gotten TWO dollars! :eek:
It said it on each order (not item, sorry)....off to check the terms & conditions.

Betsy

edited to correct mis-speak!

#8 ·
Here's the link to the description of the program and here's the link to the terms & conditions.

Looks to me it's on each individual order that you choose "No rush" for. If there are multiple items in an order, it's applied proportionally to the items, so that if you return an item, you don't lose the whole $1.

Betsy

#11 ·
I just got a new paper shredder. ;)  Old one had died -- 'course the fireplace works, too, at this time of year, for thorough destruction.

And, Betsy mentioned it in the OP, but it bears repeating: Do NOT use one-click. You must use the 'cart' to get this offer. One-click automatically uses the regular Prime 2 day shipping.

#13 ·
I have done this with a couple of things now. Its still the ebook credit, right? It was something else before that, instant video. Ebook credit interests me way more. A little tip though, make sure you write down the date from the email when it expires. They seem to have different dates and there is no way to check anywhere in the account. I just got one that expires end of December. Another one February 2015. No clue why different dates.

#14 ·
Atunah said:
I have done this with a couple of things now. Its still the ebook credit, right? It was something else before that, instant video. Ebook credit interests me way more. A little tip though, make sure you write down the date from the email when it expires. They seem to have different dates and there is no way to check anywhere in the account. I just got one that expires end of December. Another one February 2015. No clue why different dates.
This is ebooks, videos and music, and is supposed to be valid through March 2015. Good idea to make a note.

Betsy

#17 ·
So I've been buying a lot of things (ha - what else is new) no rush so I could get the $1 credits - but I have no idea how many credits I have now.  I'm fairly certain some expire in Dec this year and others in March.  Is there a way to see my balance somewhere and what expires when?  Thanks!

#18 ·
photocat said:
So I've been buying a lot of things (ha - what else is new) no rush so I could get the $1 credits - but I have no idea how many credits I have now. I'm fairly certain some expire in Dec this year and others in March. Is there a way to see my balance somewhere and what expires when? Thanks!
I have no idea...I've been trying to find out. You should have an email that says the credit has been awarded. I ordered three things, in three separate orders which were then combined into one package (and delivered on Sunday, LOL! So much for saving with "no rush" shipping). I don't know whether I got one credit or three!

Betsy

#19 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
I have no idea...I've been trying to find out. You should have an email that says the credit has been awarded. I ordered three things, in three separate orders which were then combined into one package (and delivered on Sunday, LOL! So much for saving with "no rush" shipping). I don't know whether I got one credit or three!

Betsy
Thanks Betsy --- seems a bit suspect. I've used my credits and returned the item, I suppose I got my credits back when I returned it. I have no idea. Seems like they could make it a bit more "transparent" to the customer. Not a deal breaker and I still choose to opt for it unless I really need the items in two days. (Like my Fire Stick, which had I chosen Prime I would have gotten already but instead it is due for delivery on Friday after being shipped last week, only a two states away!)

#22 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
I guess I'm trusting -- I figure the credits will be there when I buy something.

And, they do use the promo credits before GC credit. I've bought a book since I got my first $1 and the email receipt shows the price, the $1 promo credit, and then the rest charged to my GC balance.
Yeah, I expect them to be there, but I also agree that it would be nice if you could see them somewhere.

Betsy

#23 ·
It isn't so much a trust issue as a buying issue.  If I have $10 in credits - I definitely don't want to lose them.  I'm going to look for a book or books to buy to make sure I use it.  If it is a dollar or two, not as big of a deal but I may look for a nice, relatively cheap book.    Of course maybe the psychology works the other way - not knowing means you buy until you see no more credits?! 

#24 ·
photocat said:
It isn't so much a trust issue as a buying issue. If I have $10 in credits - I definitely don't want to lose them. I'm going to look for a book or books to buy to make sure I use it. If it is a dollar or two, not as big of a deal but I may look for a nice, relatively cheap book. Of course maybe the psychology works the other way - not knowing means you buy until you see no more credits?!
I agree, I want to know what I have to spend.

Betsy

#25 ·
If you go to any page for an instant video, look on the right where the purchase buttons are located. There is a link that says Redeem a gift card or promotion code. If you hit that link a box comes up to show you different balances. I can see Amazon giftcard, Amazom MP3, Amazon instant video, Kindle editions, Software/video games, and Apps for Android.
I don't know if you can find expiration dates that way, but it will at least show the balance.

#26 ·
Andra said:
If you go to any page for an instant video, look on the right where the purchase buttons are located. There is a link that says Redeem a gift card or promotion code. If you hit that link a box comes up to show you different balances. I can see Amazon giftcard, Amazom MP3, Amazon instant video, Kindle editions, Software/video games, and Apps for Android.
I don't know if you can find expiration dates that way, but it will at least show the balance.
The ebook credits I got in the past did not show up in that section. I don' t know about them now that they are ebook/mp3 and video. But that was the first place I had checked, no go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.