Author Topic: Limited Edition Premium Leather Origami Cover for Kindle Voyage $84.99  (Read 20618 times)  

Online CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
Well if you thought 59.99 was a lot for the Amazon cover... here is the 84.99 version!   :o

Link: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00NO84J0W

K2US v2.5.7 / 2x(One is SO)K3 White 3G/Wi-Fi + Oberon Bold Celtic in Black / 2x PW2 3G W/O / Voyage 3G W/O / PW3 3G W/O / Oasis 3g W/O

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Limited Edition Premium Leather Origami Cover for Kindle Voyage $84.99
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 03:10:18 AM »
:o

That one at least looks a little nicer . . . . but I still want a side open . . . . . .

I guess they're figuring people who'll spend $200 on the reader will spend plenty for the cover. :-\

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 03:58:05 AM »
I love that the "also viewed" items lower on the page are all MUCH cheaper. :D

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 06:04:51 AM »
I love that the "also viewed" items lower on the page are all MUCH cheaper. :D

Betsy

Well, to be fair, it would be hard for them to be much more expensive! :o ::)

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline ellenoc

• Colorado
  • Mystery and romance
    • View Profile
    • Ellen O'Connell
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 06:41:10 PM »
The first thing I thought was - someone at Amazon has illusions of grandeur.

The second thing was - there's one born every minute.

Online CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 03:33:15 PM »
The second thing was - there's one born every minute.

Now I am too embarrassed to say what I did today  8)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 06:15:43 PM by CAR »

K2US v2.5.7 / 2x(One is SO)K3 White 3G/Wi-Fi + Oberon Bold Celtic in Black / 2x PW2 3G W/O / Voyage 3G W/O / PW3 3G W/O / Oasis 3g W/O

Offline emathieu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 09:49:38 AM »
Now I am too embarrassed to say what I did today  8)

You bought one too, huh?  ;)  While I await my Voyage's arrival (currently shows Dec 17th), I ordered one of these (which will be here tomorrow).

I love leather that will wear and show scuffs/marks over time.  I think it adds character.  I wanted a brown real leather cover, and since there was no "normal" Amazon Origami leather cover that was brown, I took the plunge.

Offline drchimrichalds

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 11:41:45 AM »
Thats so expensive! A big head scratcher for me. Its good looking, but I have seen other good looking cases for much less.

Offline emathieu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 03:51:07 PM »
Thats so expensive! A big head scratcher for me. Its good looking, but I have seen other good looking cases for much less.

It was definitely expensive, but now that I have it in my hands, I have to say that I really like it.  I personally don't like PU "leather", and I wanted a real leather cover.

I don't have my Kindle Voyage yet (it was bumped up to be delivered tomorrow now), but I think the cover is going to be a keeper.  For those who don't mind the price, I think it is really nice.

Online CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 07:13:34 PM »
It was definitely expensive, but now that I have it in my hands, I have to say that I really like it.  I personally don't like PU "leather", and I wanted a real leather cover.

I don't have my Kindle Voyage yet (it was bumped up to be delivered tomorrow now), but I think the cover is going to be a keeper.  For those who don't mind the price, I think it is really nice.

I agree completely!  The Leather is fantastic.   And all the issues I had with the Amazon Black Leather  Origami cover are resolved with this cover :)   I will explain why in the Kindle Voyage cover topic.

Offline kschles

• Laurel, Maryland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 05:06:44 AM »
I agree completely!  The Leather is fantastic.   And all the issues I had with the Amazon Black Leather  Origami cover are resolved with this cover :)   I will explain why in the Kindle Voyage cover topic.

Well now I'm really curious to hear your thoughts on the Special Edition Origami cover vs the Black Leather cover. I've got the Black Leather one and have been trying to like it. It's very well made, but I just can't warm up to it vs my Omoton. So any thoughts you'd care to share would be appreciated.
Ken

Online CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 06:53:25 AM »
Well now I'm really curious to hear your thoughts on the Special Edition Origami cover vs the Black Leather cover. I've got the Black Leather one and have been trying to like it. It's very well made, but I just can't warm up to it vs my Omoton. So any thoughts you'd care to share would be appreciated.
So here is the short version on the Premium Version. 
BTW: This is a natural leather cover that will scratch and mark some.  It is suppose to do that :)

The main reason I like it much better then the "Normal " Amazon Origami Leather cover is the leather is thicker. And that does two things:

1: It makes the front cover less floppy.
2: It makes the cover easier to open because the magnets are not as strong because of the thicker leather.
Bonus:  Also the the edges of the front cover do not feel as "sharp" because it is thicker and different type of leather.  For me this makes it more comfortable to read with one hand.   Of course the big negative is the price and it is not a book style cover.  But for me it is already my favorite cover by a mile and its a keeper!  :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 03:45:08 PM by CAR »

Offline kschles

• Laurel, Maryland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 07:34:18 AM »
Thanks for the post. I'll have to think on this one. Since I have more money than brains, I will probably end up trying the high-end origami cover out. (this doesn't mean I have a lot of money, however).
Ken

Online CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 09:01:13 AM »
Well I have been using Limited Edition Premium Leather Origami Cover for a few days, and it has become the only cover I use now.

The leather has a slightly rough feel to it, but it is really smooth leather.  It feels very comfortable to hold and not slippery at all. The leather is dark golden brown front and back, with a darker patina over it.  As far as the leather goes,  Amazon has never created a cover like this one before.

This cover has been working great for me.  :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:40:07 AM by CAR »

Offline LaraAmber

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 12:14:26 PM »
I just saw it online and went "oooooo I must HAVE".

Not that I have a Kindle Voyage.  That small square box with Amazon wrapping paper couldn't possibly be it.  Nope.

Offline crankyfart

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 08:58:27 PM »
any pictures of it fitted to a voyage? [emoji52]

Offline maries

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2014, 05:00:40 AM »
It is a nice looking cover.   I don't have a Voyage but I've spent a lot on Oberon covers and think the cover adds a lot to the reading experience.  If they had one for the new basic Kindle I might be tempted - although I do have an Oberon on order for that.   In this case the cover was more than the device due to the Thanksgiving/Black Friday deal on the Basic Kindle.

Online CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 12:50:20 PM »
The reviews on this case (8 so far) have been fantastic :)   Also I noticed today Amazon has tagged this product 1 or 2 days extra to process.   I have been wondering how many of this "Limited Edition" they made, this may be a clue.

Update: The status went to "Usually ships within 1 to 3 months"  today.  They have one used left for about 75.00  :o
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 07:13:20 PM by CAR »

Offline drchimrichalds

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 01:00:13 PM »

That's awesome! I'm glad you both like it so much. I think it might still be out of my price range, but I'm happy to know at least they aren't ripping people off at that price point! :)

Online CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 03:18:18 PM »
Looks like they may have sold out of these covers.  The price was high no doubt.  But if you read the reviews you can see that people really liked them.  Not sure if they are making more or not.

Offline Toby

• MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 08:40:36 PM »
Yes, Car, they are still selling them. 8) I'm too embarrassed to say what I just did. I can always cancel... I wasn't even looking for a cover. I read my Voyage without a cover, but the reviews are sooo good.  I'm so easily enabled. For those that got this cover, do you love the cover enough that it was worth getting.

Online CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 12:01:42 AM »
Yes, Car, they are still selling them. 8) I'm too embarrassed to say what I just did. I can always cancel... I wasn't even looking for a cover. I read my Voyage without a cover, but the reviews are sooo good.  I'm so easily enabled. For those that got this cover, do you love the cover enough that it was worth getting.
  Toby all I can say is you will love the cover if you get one.  I almost treasure mine :)   I have found the reviews on the Amazon site to mirror my feelings about this cover exactly.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 04:37:36 AM »
FWIW: I've found previous covers Amazon sold to be high quality -- never had a complaint there. (Though the first one that came with the original kindle was a bit weird.*)

For me:
I can't see paying 3/4 of the price of the thing again :o for a cover AND I just really don't want one that flips over the top. ::)

*which is why, partly, the '3rd party cover' market sprang up . . . people wanted something better/more substantial. I think most people who bought the thing, also bought a case or cover for it from MEdge or Oberon. Remember that first kindle sold for nearly $400: spending $50 to $75 to protect it seems kind of smart. :) Predictably, when the second gen device came out and did not include a cover, people complained about that too. ::)

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)

Offline Toby

• MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2014, 08:04:59 AM »
Thanks!  I'm weighing the cons & pros. I'm not sure yet. Good to know that this cover is worth it if I decide not to cancel the order.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:43:59 PM by Toby »

Online CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 01:42:48 PM »
Amazon shows these covers back in stock January 10.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk